A place for those who has seen it, and loved it, and wants to talk about it; Endgame! *spoileralert* *duh*

Laivindur

Rise and fall, rage and grace.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. One post per week
Online Availability
Almost every day. However I do take a few days hiatus now and then.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern, drama, fantasy, romance, supernatural, apocalyptic, and malexmale, but that doesn't prevent me from trying out any others. I will say one thing tho: BDSM <3
The world demands our silence, but not in this thread!!!

Hey, people! I just can't hold it in! I need to talk to people who loved the movie just as much as I did! And I didn't mention Thanos in the first line because I hate that guy! Thanos can't demand my silence! He'd the reason I fucking scream internally every damn time I think of...*sobs*. My poor Tony ;_; And Loki...*Sobs* Why?!
*clears throat* Okay, I am allowed to cry sometimes, but mostly, we'll speak about how much we loved it! I am not happy about Tony dying, but still, it was a great movie. What do you guys think? :Dimages (1).jpg

Unfortunately I didn't love it as much as you. I give it a B-, or roughly 3.5 stars. Endgame certainly had some amazing and epic (amazingly epic? :bsmile:) moments, but I felt it made some significant mistakes.

I'm genuinely surprised they killed off two founding Avengers - I would have only guessed one. But I'm fine with both deaths, and I feel they both landed with the right emotional impact.

My favorite moment was Cap wielding Mjolnir. :jump: I'm not ashamed to admit I full-on geeked out when that happened. Steve is my favorite Avenger, and the MCU handled him masterfully throughout the entirety of the franchise imo. I will always be thankful for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laivindur
i was fully expecting Tony to die ngl,,, I was telling my friends theres no way endgame with the original avengers will see mr stark survive
then i was also fully expecting Steve to die, and i was really worried about it tbf but i'm glad they have him a really happy ending, it's what he deserved
i was NOT expecting to see widow go tbf!!! like ,,, holy shit i teared up rip

other notes was that the bit where the epic reunited bit was insane and i teared up then too,, seeing all of our favs get together in one huge, epic battle

the time travel was interesting, i thought it was real smart idea to get them back to past movies, it really helped me tie it together ( i hadnt seen all the movies dont prosecute me) and the steve v steve fight was fuckin neat AND we got to see Loki again

and thors humor was good, confirmed dude

uhh captain marvel can step on me

ALL AND ALL I give it a 8.5/10 (-1.5 because it was too long and i have a tiny boy bladder)

Hehehe! ^^ Steve v Steve fight was awesome. And ye, going back to the previous movies was entertaining as Hell! (Don't worry about not having seen all the movies, man ;) I won't judge you.)
I thought the movie was great. I was only taken out of the movie twice; when there was a black screen at the beginning, and the white text slowly started showing up like: Five...........Years.......Later.... I thought "Oh, alright. I see what you're doing here. You're hauling it out to put some form of emotion in me, MCU, I know! It ain't gonna work cause I know it'll all be good in the end!" ...-.-...Then Tony died...And I was one cranky little Captain Marvel Cosplayer hahahaha! Still, I respect their choices. BUT TONY DESERVED TO BE HAPPY! He was the reason they could even do it! HE saved them all! Hrrrrgrrrr, he gave up his happy *sob* ending!!! His daughter damn it! Also, I realized they didn't have ANY scenes with Pepper and her daughter. What was that all about?????? Why couldn't Pepper talk to her daughter about losing her BFF Father!?!?! I cried so many times during this movie.
Two times did it hit me hard in the heart! No, three! 1. When Clint grabbed Natasha's arm, AND SHE DIDN'T FREAKING GRAB BACK! Reminded me of so many people who wants to die, leaving behind people who don't want them to die.
2. When Peter Parker hunched into a fetus position during the battle. It reminded me of all the poor people suffering under mindless war.
3. When Thor wanted to wield the glove...His pain. His anger. OMG I feel it!

One last thing, so we can actually have conversation and not just long preaches haha; I was constantly looking for Loki during the movie hahahaha, and he was super cute and funny during the time after he let himself be captured. I love how they made that clear when he disappeared through that portal. Or did he do that with the help of the tesseract?
"Let me know what you think down below, and like and subscribe, bye!" lol x3

• Haha
Reactions: King
Ooooh and when Thor got to talk to Frigga.....*shivering inhale* so precious!

Eh, the handling of Thor, as well as the Asgardians as a whole, was Endgame's biggest mistake imo. Its second biggest mistake was not giving Nick Fury any dialogue. Unacceptable.

Saw it this morning, and had all the feels.
With that being said I look forward to seeing what comes next in terms of where things will go for everyone else.

@Obsidian Miscreant Yeees. I am happy that people make these movies! It's a pool of treasures. Both movies and comics. Have you guys roleplayed some from the universe?

@Obsidian Miscreant Yeees. I am happy that people make these movies! It's a pool of treasures. Both movies and comics. Have you guys roleplayed some from the universe?
Nope, never.
I solely create, and roleplay OC's since my interest has never been to delve into already established universes/character arcs. Not my personal cup of tea.

tbh i loved that movie 3000.

so much excitement but also sadness. tony was something i expected because there was a moment during infinity war where i thought he was going to die. i just always had this feeling it was going to end this way. and i totally thought that steve was going to go too, and while he no longer is an avenger, i'm glad he didn't die.

black widow was unexpected, completely. but i kind of expected it the moment her and clint headed off to vormir because there's no other way to get the stone.

STEVE WIELDING THE MJOLNIR! so. many. screams.

peter parker coming back. peter parker hugging tony. peter parker crying. basically, peter friggin parker and his relationship with tony coming to an end, was just sad af.

i loved the movie but i also have like a lot of questions. like how nebula is alive if she killed her past self. where in the hell is gamora? also like, nebula gave her pym particles to thanos so they could come to the future -- so how did she come to the future before that?

there are honestly more i just can't remember right now and i just wanted to type something out and share this with someone.

also, america's butt.

• Haha
Reactions: Laivindur
Yeah true, there's a lot of confusion for me too. So much in fact that I can't be bothered thinking about it. I just focus on all the stuff I did like. I hate that Tony died cause I wanted Parker to keep him in his life. They were so cute <3 Poor Tony ;_;

I enjoyed it. Definitely had feels when Tony died cause I loved him. Was surprised over Black Widow.

I loved the "she's got back up" and having all the ladies team up around Captain Marvel lol. That would be a cool movie.

I wany to know if they are gonna introduce Iron Heart and of Thor is gonna lose weight because that scene had me DYING LOL.

ALSO, so excited for the new Guardians movie. What a dynamic that will be.

The while thing with Nebula shooting past Nebula in the heart made no sense to me. Like how was she still alive? Also, why couldn't Glamoura stay in the present with Quill? Thay was sad.

All I can say is, it hurts even more seeing it a second time. ;-;

I finally got around to seeing Endgame, and I have to say, that was one of the best love letters from a franchise I've ever seen! I LOVED "The Dude" Thor in the film xD I was genuinely surprised that they kept him that way for the entire film! And i'm SO HAPPY he went with the Guardians!! MORE CHRIS HEMSWORTH THOR, YAS.

My only complaint with the film would be that I felt they underutilized the Hulk, which is sad because he's one of the original Avengers ;w; That and the Vision didn't return. But those are more like...nitpicky/personal opinion things :D

It was an entertaining movie, very fun and full of a lot of hype moments, but...

It didn't really leave much of an impact for me. Like I walked out of the theater with my brother on Monday morning to ride the bus home, and we chatted about it for about 10 minutes, but then we were back to talking about Game of Thrones season 8 episode 3 right after that and haven't even mentioned Endgame since then. I'm obviously biased in favoring GoT, but it's also a matter of Endgame being like... exactly what was expected, I guess. There were no real surprises. I walked into the movie expecting a couple OG Avengers to die, everyone who was snapped away to return, and most likely somehow a return of some who were killed before the snap. The only minor surprise I had was that after they got an alternate universe version of Gamora back, they didn't also do some kind of shenanigans to get a version of Vision back with the alterations made so he no longer needed an infinity stone to remain alive.

The major problem was that there really wasn't a sense of tension, a real fear of failure, because of meta reasons. We already know various other MCU movies are in production or planned, so we already knew that the heroes would succeed in undoing Thanos' snap. We also already knew that they were planning to phase out the OG Avengers to make room for new stars of the franchise, so the deaths and retirements lacked the emotional punch of surprise. Overall the movie felt like a ton of winks and nods to the fans, followed by way too many big damn hero moments back to back in the final battle, and overall it just left me unsatisfied from a narrative perspective. Endgame felt more like a dumb popcorn flick to me than any of the previous Avengers movies, which is definitely not what you want from the culmination of a decade of storytelling.

I didn't hate the movie by any means, but I guess this one kind of made me lose a lot of my love for the MCU. I don't think I'll be bothering to watch any more in theaters after this, or caring about avoiding spoilers. If this is the best they can do to wrap up such a huge storyline, I just don't see any reason for me to be so invested in whatever they do next.

The major problem was that there really wasn't a sense of tension, a real fear of failure, because of meta reasons.
A genuine fear of failure, for meta reasons, is often consciously absent from genre stories. When people sit down to watch a Spider-Man movie, virtually all of them understand that Peter Parker is going to end up on top by the film's finale. Same for Batman. And Aragon and Frodo. And James Bond. And Luke Skywalker.

In those stories it's about character development, their heroism and adventure, and the satisfaction that the main character(s) have the power and will to save the world. Much of this appeal can be summed up as wish fulfillment. And when done right, wish fulfillment can be just as satisfying (for lots of folks) as a genuine threat of failure.

The major problem was that there really wasn't a sense of tension, a real fear of failure, because of meta reasons.
A genuine fear of failure, for meta reasons, is often consciously absent from genre stories. When people sit down to watch a Spider-Man movie, virtually all of them understand that Peter Parker is going to end up on top by the film's finale. Same for Batman. And Aragon and Frodo. And James Bond. And Luke Skywalker.

In those stories it's about character development, their heroism and adventure, and the satisfaction that the main character(s) have the power and will to save the world. Much of this appeal can be summed up as wish fulfillment. And when done right, wish fulfillment can be just as satisfying (for lots of folks) as a genuine threat of failure.
Yup, I'm well aware. I didn't properly articulate my thoughts on the matter because I was writing that post quickly between doing stuff at work. Usually I'm plenty capable of turning off my brain enough to enable full suspension of disbelief and just got along for the ride. That's how I've been enjoying most of the MCU movies.

The difference here for me is a matter of scale. A single movie that's all about the hype and wish fulfillment? Alright, cool, I'm down. A trilogy even? Sure, I can dig it. But when you get to these ridiculous lengths of 20+ entries in a series all leading to a culminating moment it just stops being enough to satisfy me. I've seen the same formula play out now 21 times by my count, in movies all leading up to the big finale of the major story arc, so getting more of the same for that finale just felt underwhelming. I'd been hoping for more, for some bold moves by the creators to subvert expectations and crank up the sense of drama, but that didn't happen.

It's all a matter of my own personal dissatisfaction and wanting more than I should have expected from a superhero movie franchise, not really a problem with the movies. That's basically a single sentence summary of my previous post and this one. I'm just gonna casually watch the movies in batches every year or so via cheaper rental/streaming options rather than trying to keep up with them as they come out, because that's the level of engagement they warrant from me given the kind of movies they actually are rather than what I wish they would become.

Mannn I could write a whole essay on this movie. So many thoughts...

It was a nice experience. Very enjoyable to watch. I will admit that I didn't feel the same suspense as I did with Infinity Wars, because in this movie I did not feel any doubt as to whether or not they would succeed. There was virtually little to no tension/conflict when it came to gathering the infinity stones; it more so seemed like the directors just wanted each character to have their own little introspective moment about past loved ones, etc. I honestly didn't expect Black Widow to die, but can't say I really cared. I never cared much about her or Hawkeye LOL but maybe that will change once I see her standalone movie.

I did laugh initially at Fat Thor, but after a while amusement turned to saltiness. ESPECIALLY watching him fight Thanos. Like, c'mon. You seriously telling me the same guy who shoved an axe in Thanos chest can now barely get a punch in 5 years later? But Captain America meanwhile is soloing this bitch? (btw I loved that scene. I'm just saying though)

IMO Captain America received a wonderful conclusion to his storyline. He was finally able to return to his own time and live out the life he's always wanted. Plus that is 100% better than him dying, which is what I really expected. I don't agree with the mantle of Captain America passing to Falcon, but whatever. It's not like I'm going to watch the show anyways haha

The team-up of everyone from the snap coming to fight Thanos. That was niiiice. But just about the only scene that really got me hyped during the movie.

I have a plethora of questions about Tony Stark being able to use the infinity gauntlet (and every other noob human character being able to touch ANY infinity stones) butttt I don't want to turn anyone off with a huge nerdy rant.

All in all, the movie was just ok to me. It was a typical Marvel formula movie :^)

Last edited:
I'm not a huge Marvel nerd so I mostly just watched it for the Big Fighting and sheer enjoyment purposes

I really liked it! But I want to punch Hawkeye in the face. More specifically, I want to punch Jeremy Renner in the face. I don't think I have ever seen a person with a more punchable face than Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye. I was extremely disappointed that he was not the one who died, but I mean, I kind of get it. He has a lot more to live for.

Also the random anime-esque katana scene? I haven't seen every Avengers movie (boy, not even close), so I'm probably missing something, but it felt mad out of place.

I was also secretly hoping that Thor would get the chance to cut off Thanos's head a second (and final) time. By god did he try. I was a little disappointed in comic relief Thor staying that way throughout the entire film, I won't lie. I kind of hope they might make another movie with him as some kind of redemption arc (and to tie up lose ends with Loki).

Re: Nebula still being alive despite murdering herself, my friend tried to explain this to me, but when it comes to time travel stuff my brain just kind of shuts down, very stubbornly. But basically there are multiple time travel theories, and they cemented early on which one they were going with. For the sake of everyone's understanding, I'mma just copy-and-paste this explanation from an article:

The second possibility involves something superhero comics love to play around with: parallel universes. If you go back in time and change some stuff, you create an alternate version of the future that this version of you just hops into when you travel back to your present. It's a different present, because you've changed it, and because you've created an entirely new timeline branching off from the first. Schrödinger's cat can be alive, dead, a go-go dancer, or never even put into that box in the first place. The Marvel universe already operates according to the many worlds theory, which allows for all the parallel universes already in the canon. (The Marvel Cinematic Universe actually considers itself its own parallel universe, Earth-19999, distinct from our real world and the primary continuity of the Marvel comics, Earth-616.)

This is where Ant-Man comes in. As you know, if you've watched either or both Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp, when you get really teeny tiny you enter something called the "Quantum Realm," where stuff gets very blurry and technicolored. Time works differently in the Quantum Realm, which is why, when Ant-Man reemerges five years after The Snap, he hasn't aged more than a few hours. It's also why he and his technology are crucial to Endgame -- specifically, crucial to Tony Stark figuring out how to harness the power of the Quantum Realm and use it to transport himself and the rest of his buddies through time itself.

I’m not going to go into the mechanics of quantum time travel here because it's way too complicated. (Frankly, I did twenty minutes of Googling for this piece and I still don't understand it. If there's one thing I've learned from the Avengers, it's to embrace both my strengths and my weaknesses.) Basically, the general principles of quantum theory allow for every possibility to occur at any given time, which does away with any kind of paradox arising from time travel. The many-worlds interpretation of parallel universes rests entirely on quantum theory: every possible thing that could ever happen creates its own little bubble universe branching off from the main one. You can't change "the past," because whatever you do creates a new reality.

This is why everything Thanos did in Infinity War still affects the future, even if he didn't do it: by following the Avengers through time himself, he entered the parallel universe they created, which requires The Snap to exist. This is also why Captain America can trade blows with himself when he hops back to the Battle of New York without both of them ceasing to exist on contact.

And, yes, this does mean that somewhere out there there's a universe in which Thanos won forever and half of life is still ashes blowing in the wind. When Bruce Banner talks the Ancient One (Tilda Swinton's character from Doctor Strange) into handing over the Time Stone to him, their conversation touches a little on this wrinkle. By giving him the Time Stone, the Ancient One fears the timeline created by that alteration will sour, and everything will go bad way faster from that point on. Bruce convinces them that the plan is to return the Stones to the place they were taken from right when they were taken, and by the end of the movie we can assume that this happened successfully. It actually doesn't matter to the new timeline at all whether or not the Stones are returned (because… quantum stuff), but it's a nice little bit of altruism on the part of the Avengers. Hey, they're superheroes.

I hope they redeem Thor as well : ) And find Loki in some time loop or something. I'd love to see Thor and Loki as characters in Guardians of the galaxy movies. And more Taika Waititi please!! (The director of Ragnarok, and the actor of Korg).

I also shut down and don't bother trying to make too much sense of time travel stuff. I focus on what is fun. ^^