3. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy (high, low and anything in between), modern, medieval, anything that'll keep me at the edge of my seat. Romance is absolutely necessary. And fluff. Just a lil bit.
Verani leans against a wooden post on the docks, pulling in a deep breath of salt air as a smile crosses his tanned features. His dark, curly brown hair tosses in the wind before he ties it back with a red bandana. If he's going to blend in with a pirate crew, he has to look like one.

His disguise isn't exactly convincing, though. All of his clothing is new and clean, from his cotton shirt with poofy arms to his slick black boots. Worse still, his accent is very clearly Lamarkian, the voice of the rulers and nobles from the nearby city. Anyone with half a brain will know where he's from.

Verani himself lacks that foresight. He sashays through crowds of men covered in cannon powder, his cheerful brown eyes floating across the line of vessels and pirate ships. He can't decide what he's more excited about - riding on a boat or being able to relax and unwind for once. He talks to every person he can find, asking each one if they know a crew looking to take in a cabin boy. Surely someone has room for him.

Iris looked upon the city from the top deck, her hair billowing behind her by the whim of the wind. She smiled. Harbor cities were always lively, bustling, spilling with culture and cuisine. This particular city was no different. She knew her sailors missed dry ground after long stretched out on sea, so she always made an effort to stay a little bit longer at port when they stopped to gather supplies. They couldn't stay too long, however, as they've been chased off by the King's Navy on multiple occasions. Iris commanded a strong ship, though, so she's managed to escape the Navy's grasp each time.

She lowered her gaze. Each time, except the last. No, the Sea Demons were different from the Navy. Cruel. Merciless. Blind. That's why they were at port, to restock on supplies, and hopefully, morale. Maybe catch a few sailors as well. The blood had been mopped from the deck weeks ago, but she could still feel its metallic taste on her tongue.

Unbeknownst to her, an exchange was taking place at the foot of the ship. One of her burliest sailors, Pete, was manning the entry to the harbor, and he looked amusedly upon the lanky boy that stepped up to their ship.

"Cabin boy, you say? Are you sure yer up for the sailor life, kid? It's rough. Bloody, dirty. You're gonna find yourself runnin' on nothin' but rum some days." Pete, gauging the boy's response, jutted a finger behind him. "Yer gonna have to talk to the Captain if ya really want to be a cabin boy. I'll take ya to her."

At Pete's words, Verani's eyes flick back and forth, and his smile only widens. "Yes, sir!" he bursts out. "I can't imagine anything more exciting. It'd be very kind of you to take me to the captain," he adds.

He follows behind Pete up the gangplank, jumping on the wooden boards. As the pair reaches the main deck, his eyes widen, and he gasps softly. The ship is beautiful. Made of solid oak, with three crow's nests and a golden figurehead, the boat is shapely and slim. It's obviously built for speed and navigation.

Verani whistles and runs his hand along one of the carved railings. "This ship sure is a beauty! Does she have a name, Pete?" he asks, still gazing around in awe at the boat.