A Pause for Wings, Claws, and Paws.

As soon as he was brought back to his feet Liege yanked himself free of the others' hand and growled.
"Not need consation..."
Well, at least he wouldn't have to bring his pack and he could get them fully fed for once.
Ruffling his feathers the boy unfurled his wings and frowned.
"How can hide wing?"

Not being a wolf might keep him from getting shot at or captured but having black wings like the wolf?
Probably not the safest idea either.

"Hmm... That is going to be quite the problem..." Kurien rubbed the back of his neck and furrowed his brow in thought of a solution. "I believe they're not retractable, yes?" He asked while he looked around as if to spot something that would help their little dilemma. "Well, at this time of year you should be fine as you are. The city holds festivals for creatures like you, you know."

"It'd be a good assumption that they would think you're someone from the festival itself arriving early. Though it would probably be best if we didn't go into public right away. But there are a few old friends of mine that I'd like you to meet. You don't have to worry about them though. They're just simple little old ladies."

Liege ruffled his feathers in thought.
Humans actually held celebration for his kind? Then why murder them all??
"You're human are confusing."

Stepping towards the direction of town he folded his wings up as tightly as he could, making them appear a bit smaller but not being able to full hide them.
"This all I can do..." Hopefully it would be enough to full the people and no children tried to pull out them.
Then he might eat them and that would definitely be problematic.
"Go, human."
The boy's patience was minimal so if they didn't leave soon he would probably just try another stab at eating Kurien.

"Hm? How's that? I'm telling you these aren't the same kind of humans as you're thinking of." Kurien said as he watched the other adjust his wings. Well, he doesn't seem quite as intimidating like that. He thought as he pulled a rubber band from his back pocket. "Just a sec. The guards may remember me. Though I don't have to do much to become unrecognizable. Least to say they aren't the brightest." He said as he removed his shirt revealing a black wife beater. Kurien then fixed his hair; it was just barely long enough to be able to pull into the elastic band he held in his hand, with only a few strands escaping. Pulling a small case from his front pocket, he was thankful his glasses weren't broken in the small skirmish he had with the other. Not that his eyes were bad, he just needed them to read sometimes.

"Alright, let's get going." He sighed out and lead the wolf to the gate. The guards took note of their prescence and move their gaze to the both of them. "Yo, we're here for the Half Moon Festival! Mind letting us in?" Kurien used a change in voice, attitude and body language. The guards glowered at him. "Do you have any weapons or the like?" They asked. "Nope!" Kurien smiled and turned his pockets inside out. The two men before them looked at each other then back. "Go ahead." One said as they stepped aside. "Thank you very much~!"

At that point, the happy attitude was getting on his nerves and as soon as the enter through the gate and the guards were out of sight, he just as quickly changed back to himself, taking off his glasses and letting his hair back down. "What a bunch of idiots." He sighed.

Liege followed silently as they made their way up to the gate.
He thanked his father in heaven for telling him to never reveal his human side to the inhabitants.
With a few quick words and a brief look over himself the guards let the two in.
Hmm, and to think, what would they have done if they knew they had just granted a wolf access to their town?

Looking around the pup froze, eyes wide as humans ran about in every direction.
There was fire on sticks hanging from the sides of houses and little children running about.
He couldn't help but lick at one of his fangs, eying one rather plump boy.
It would be so easily to carry him off, take him back to his pack...

The shifter seemed lost in thought, not noticing what the other did that had lead him inside.
So many easy meals to choose from and he was here to just sate some human's curiosity...it suddenly didn't seem worth the trade.

Kurien walked a few more steps before turning his head to look at the other. He noticed the expression on the wolf's face. "Hey! Pay attention. You're in my territory now so if you try anything funny, I won't hesitate to come after you. Show some respect, would ya?" He scuffed. He was eyeing the children... well, if worst comes to worst I can still detain him. He thought as he stared at the other for a moment and started walking again. "I don't mean to be aggressive but I'm extremely protective and possessive over the people here."

He lead the wolf to a tavern just down the street. "Synthia, are you still open?" Kurien called and an older woman in a long worn dress and apron walked in from the back. "Oh! Kurien! You're back already! I was a little worried. The alarm went off for a minute or two so I was hoping nothing happened to you. Whose you're friend?" She smiled. "That's actually what I came here to talk to you about. You know what exactly I've been searching for, right? He's my result." Kurien replied and looked to the other male. "Oh, how wonderful. Now I don't have to worry about you when you go off into those dangerous woods." The old woman giggled. "I'm sorry deary, I didn't quite catch your name." She added looking toward the wolf.

Liege snapped himself out of his daze as Kurien spoke.
He didn't feel threatened though he knew the man could detain him if needed.
Or perhaps he would kill the man first...but either way, he'd agreed to come here and killing children was never his favorite thing to do.
With a shrug he followed, stopping in front of a dark colored building before an older woman came out.

He eyed her wearily, though feeling no threat.
She smelled of ale though it was obvious she was not hindered by it.
Probably had not been the one drinking the vile stuff.
At the mention of his name the boy froze up for a moment, wondering if he should give a false one.
However, the pup was horrible liar and just decided to be honest.
"Liege."
He left out the part of being the pack leader and hunter.
Probably wouldn't be the best introduction if he'd added those tidbits.