A Pause for Wings, Claws, and Paws.

The wolf yelped in surprise as it's scruff was grabbed and head turned enough to throw it off balance.
Falling on top of the man was nothing in terms of pain but he couldn't quite get his head around enough to bite the owner of that cocky little voice!
It was severely aggravating and even more so because all of his wolves were watching.
With an abrupt yank of his head he managed to slip free of the human's grasp only to shift into his own human form.
He now had a mop of shaggy black hair and arms reaching for the others' throat.
Along his back were his signature black feathered wings, extending to full length for balance as his dark red eyes bore into the man.
"I'll just take it thennn!" He hissed in a deep but quiet voice.
All of the wolves that had gathered were growling and bristling up their hackles.
They'd never had a winged wolf bring back something alive. This human must be pretty strong to be able to manage the young alpha.

"How unexpected." Kurien huffed as he gazed upon the other's human form. Is that even possible? I guess with a night like this, anything is. But I've gotta say, I haven't had this much fun in years. He thought, grabbing the hand the gripped his throat. And I thought the adrenaline of a fight was beginning to get lost on me.

He gave a swift, rigid kick to the young man stomach, giving him a chance to pull the hand off his throat. Kurien pushed forward but had a bit of a difficult time wrestling the other to the ground again before pinning him down. "Just changing how you look isn't going to change your position in this." He let out, catching a little bit of his breathe. "Now let's start over. I think we set off on the wrong foot." He added with a smirk.

The kick definitely hurt like hell.
Raz wasn't used to taking a hit in his human form and without any fur there to buffer the hit he lost his breath for several moments.
The second pinning came with a loud snarl and flapping wings that didn't seem to give any help.

Razgul looked over at his pack, eyes widening as he saw them start to retreat. The wolves had never seen something able to take down a winged wolf and so they were terrified that even if they tried to assist they would just die faster than their young alpha.
So, all the wolves vanished into the woods, carrying any pups that were too young to run.
"Grrrrrr!! Youuu are food!!"
Oh yes. Angry as hell wolf shifter.
The boy squirmed and snarled, trying to slash up at the human in order to free himself.
On his back the boy's wings were useless, he needed to get upright!

"Food?" What the hell. Why am I food? "You know to anyone else, you'd be a fur pelt. Don't you think I'm a little more further up the food chain to be prey?" Kurien gave a small chuckle. "I mean, really, if you're going to try and eat something that's bigger than a domestic animal, you might want to make sure you can kill it first."

This almost feels a bit childish. This kind of feels like how those siblings got in a play fight in the street the other day. He chuckled as he watched the other tried to get out of his grip. "You're such an angry thing. Whatever made you so bitter, hm? Wolves aren't naturally this aggressive. They can actually be pretty friendly." He grinned. "Come on, what's got your panties in such a twist, huh?"

This stupid human is getting extremely annoying!!
The wolf boy bared his fangs and thrashed harder, trying to break the others' grip so he could kill him but for some reason that just wasn't working.
Perhaps he should have stayed in his canine form where there was more power but less dexterity.
Either way, he was getting seriously pissed and when the question came about why he spat right in the other male's face.

"Becauseeee your arrows killed my fatherrrr four moons ago!" as in about a month ago.
"Release me and I will show you how freindlyyyy I can be!"
What a loving little threat.
Might wanna take it seriously though, his hands were already starting to morph back to claws and little wolf ears pushing free of his shaggy hair.
Though he couldn't shift fully while restrained the second the other let go he'd be fighting him as canine once more.

"Release you? No, I don't think that's a very good idea. I'm not going to let you go until you've calmed down. I don't care if it takes all night; you'd be amazed at how long I can last." Kurien said as he tightened his grip. "But I'm sorry to hear that though. You father, I mean." There's no telling what kind of hell that's but him through.

"I can't relate because I've never been in that exact same position before, but I can understand how much stress that could have put on you." He added, now grasping that fact as to why the other was so hateful towards him. "However, that doesn't give you reason to be hunting people from the city. The only marksman there is me and I only use guns, not arrows. Not even the guards know how to use their weapons. Have you ever considered looking toward the native tribes instead?"

The feral man's eyes turned a darker red to where the black of his pupil mixed in nearly with that of his iris.
"No reason?!" The male spat back at the human who pinned him.
"They come and destroy father's territory! They come and hunt our food, kill our kind for their fur!"
He gave another abrupt thrash, snarling loudly in the leaf litter.
"They hire people like youuu. They shoot us cause we attack them...but we don't attack for sport.
Human's stole our food so we steal them for food!"
What he was saying made perfect sense to him.

"Those are poachers not citizens. The things that they do are illegal. The city would never willingly allow something like that. Why do you think there's a barrier around it? It keep the development of the city as a minimum as to not over run the land." Kurien said with a sigh. "You shouldn't just blame the citizen. The Indians should be just about the same. We've been having trouble with a tribe nearby. The officials have been trying to keep their activity down but they refuse to stop hunting for sport."

"And why would the city hire a bio researcher to hunt for sport? I only hunt if it's a necessity and that's still only two to three times a month for research. Even at that I only take one or two birds back with me; things that shouldn't even be in your diet." He's not ready to listen to reason is he?
"If I help restore your "food" will that change anything?"

The pup didn't know the difference between poachers and Indians. They were all human so that's what he registered.
He also knew hunters but those were human as well, thus the groups should all be the same.
At the mention of restoring their food source he leered.
"You can bring the deer back...?
The turkey birds?" The boy licked at his lips at just the thought of a real meal, not having to pick pathetic amounts of meat off of human bone.
His voice was somewhat doubtful and also mocking.
The pup didn't believe that one human could just do something so important like bring back a food source to an area.

"Well, sure. As long as I can find a few of each gender of each of the species, I can register them in a reserve so they can repopulate safely. But it'll take some time. A destroyed ecosystem doesn't restore over night. It may take two to ten years before their populations are back up to a normal level depending on how fast they reproduce." Kurien replied, a little hopeful that he was changing the other's mind.

"You can help me if you'd like. You'd have to live with me though and your pack is welcome to stay as well. Granted I don't have any deer or turkey so I hope cattle and pig will suffice if you so choose to stay." He suggested getting his face close to the young man's. "And there'll be fresh food and water everyday. Not to mention my backyard can accommodate your pack four times over so there'll be a lot of room for them to move around. Not that bad of a proposition, now is it?"

"Verrry bad!" The man hissed back, not liking the close proximity of the others face.
Bet the other guy wasn't expecting that answer.
"Not good! My pack will be skinned for your humans greed! Bring us to slaughter you are saying! My pack is only wolf, I was last to be cursed to a human half!"
Though at the sound of the human's fat livestock Razgul's stomach did grumble loudly.
"You humans give us your food, bring it to the field and we have no reason to hunt you further."
Basically breed food for the wolf pack or be eaten by the wolf pack.

And this is where it all goes sour. "You know what, I spent years looking for something like you, I beat down the gate guards just to chase after you, and I've defended myself against you. Do you really think I'd do all that just so that I could have your fur? Don't kid yourself. If you're just going to act like this, I might as well leave you here starving!" Kurien growled.

"By the look of your pack members, they're not going to last another month even if you do hunt a human. You guys aren't invincible. And you specifically would be considered endangered due to there only being one of you left. How do you expect to be slaughtered when all these people only know how to deal business. They have no survival skills to save their lives. They even have to import all of their food from other countries halfway across the world."

The boy tilted his head slightly and gave a dumbfounded look.
He didn't quite understand everything the other was saying but the parts he did know weren't making him any happier.
"Then they eat port food, why take ours?!" Liege snarled right back, his hair spiking slightly like hackles on a wolf would.
"I hunt two human, more if need. Father left me to hunt for them and I will till I'm death!"

He gave an abrupt shove at the male but just managed to move him a small amount.
"Leave alone, now!"
Damnit Liege really needed to go hunt, not stay here under some cocky human hunter!

He's not really grasping that there's two groups here, does he? It's such a biased way of thinking. Is there anything that will change this guy's mind? "I'm not going to leave!" Kurien stubbornly decided when the other tried to push him off. "I'm not going anywhere until we can make a deal on something that I offer!"

"So were going to stay like this until you can agree with me one way or the other. There isn't going to be a way around this. I'm trying to give you options here that would benefit you in a way that's most humane toward both sides! And if you keep arguing with me on everything, then we're going to be here for quite a while."

The boy leered and bared fangs.
"You offer is not good! You want my pack in city where people have hunt us for years!"
Liege was panting, his fangs easily visible as he stared up at the other.
"I not give my pack to you. Nothing you say change that."
This man might have tried to offer something good but there was no real reason for Liege to believe him.

"You want save us but no way to believe. Would you believe thing who had been known killer all life?"
He'd calmed down a bit but was obviously just waiting for the other to let his guard down.

"You've got a point, but still. If you want your pack to survive and if I want to see you again, we have to make an agreement somewhere." Kurien took note of the other's sudden calmness and found it strange. He kept himself prepared in case the other was about to pull something. "It can't favor just one side. Both of us have to benefit from it without harming one or the other."

He doesn't trust very easy does he. "If I planned on hurting any of you, don't you think I would have done it a while ago? I didn't bring my weapons did I? When I heard the city alarm go off, I took off my weapons and left them in the street to show that I didn't have any intention of injuring you or the like. Does that not seem relevant at all to you?"

(gah, sorry. Totally didn't see this one in the pages ><)

The pup looked up at him with wide, challenging eyes.
His chest had slowed and fangs receded but there but you could still see the ferocity buried right below the surface.
"You...I not fear you.
Take us back though and your humans will not accept."
He had a point.
Just because the hunter didn't want them dead didn't mean the feelings were mutual with the others.
A loud rumble sounded from the young male's chest as his stomach growled, wondering why the food was pinning him instead of the other way around.

"You come out here, bring food. You see Razgul again..."
He tilted his head, the muscles in his shoulders and neck working with the motion.
"Bring lot food no human die again."

{It's alright ^_^}

This really isn't getting anywhere.
Kurien sighed. "That's the same thing you were proposing earlier. I don't think that a few minutes of seeing you again is really worth as much food as you're asking for. Ever heard of equal exchange? Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for your body, life or anything of the sort."

"It's just a little unfair with how much time I've spent looking for you and all the trouble I've gotten in getting to this point. I probably can't even get back into the city without hopping the wall now because I knocked a guard out trying to chase after you. If you would just go back with me for an hour or two as a human, no wings no fangs no claws, and just meet a few people from the city, you maybe able to see my point of view here."

Razgul was very quiet for several moments before he finally spoke.
"I...I go...none other wolf."
His eyes narrowed as he thought about what would happen.
"I go but need hide wings. I go you feed pack."
This way his pack won't be brought to slaughter and he could return the 'favor' and go with the hunter.

The pup waited for the others idea on what he said.
That was probably the best deal the hunter would get. He'd get the winged pup but nothing else.
The deal in return would be food.

"Only you, yes, but without help I could only feed your pack for a few days. I have to work and pay for that food. Just enough for your pack is going to cost me a lot." Kurien replied satisfied with at least a little progress. I hope he didn't expect me to continually feed them with just a visit to the city, I mean really.

"You'll see that it's not so bad there though. I'm sure you'll change your mind about people after your little visit. A lot of them aren't as evil as you think they are." He said as he let go of the other and stood back up. Kurien grabbed the wolf's arm and pulled him back to feet as well. "It's not so bad having a decent conversation, now is it?" He bluntly asked as he brushed the dust off of his clothes.