A Party for the Mages (Halloween Masquerade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff quirked one eyebrow slightly as he heard Juliet's words. A moment ago, she had seemed like such a sweet and innocent little thing - now, with the flash of gold in her eyes and the sudden - but brief - shift in her personality, he wasn't so sure. He didn't mind, of course - if anything, it just made him want to know even more. He smirked a bit, listening to the way her voice shifted from soft and sweet to sensual and flirtatious, and then back again, quickly trying to correct herself after realizing what she had said. He grinned down at her as he spun her out and then brought her back to him, pulling her a little closer this time.

"If I want? Believe me, Juliet, I wouldn't be here dancing with you if I didn't want," he replied softly. "You had me absolutely captivated right from the moment I first walked through that door. I'd love to get to know you. I'd love to see what secrets are tucked away behind that pretty face, I'd love to see all the different sides there are to you - I want to see you happy, I want to see you sad, I want to see you excited and I want to see you when you're in your element, enjoying yourself fully."

Cliff was quiet a moment as he finished speaking, his blue eye gleaming as he looked down at her. He was sure, after what she had said, that his own comments wouldn't come across as too forward - he was almost certain that once they sank in, she would be absolutely glowing and melting right into his arms. Never once did their steps falter as he guided her in their dance, gliding and twirling across the dance floor in perfect time with the music that filled the ballroom. He kept his gentle grip on her, very pleased with how the evening was going so far.

@Adira

Last edited:
Luca had been standing alone for quite some time before she showed up. It was during that time that he played eye spy with himself, pointing out and watching fireflies that dared to loom out and such an early time of the night. The sun hadn't even gone down yet and there they were pointing their little bright bottoms into his line of sight. He tried to stay in his seat and look somewhat professional outside but with everything around him he felt the need to move. The bench he was on was long enough to fit a few people but he continued to move from side to side. With so many pretty faces around him he wanted to poke and prod at them. Well, not their faces but the person that the face belonged to. The night was so silent and people seemed to find opposite genders to hook onto already. It made him miss regular parties that included chatting it up with everyone. It didn't help that most faces were covered here either, including his own.

He didn't know what time it was when she finally decided to show herself but he didn't waste a moment in jumping out of his spot and walking towards her. Once close enough he looped his arm through hers and walked alongside her to the line, "You don't have to pretend to be tall," he looked over her attire, "Those shoes make you walk like a penguin," he taunted, a smile stretching across his face. His eyes went to hers as they moved up in line, "I was the best before I decided to tag along but I'm glad you're admitting it now," it was with that statement that his smile grew and he looked in front of him as she hugged him. He looked at the guard and waggled his eyebrows at the man as they walked in. Maybe the man needed a hug too? He dismissed the thought as they came into the ballroom and his eyes seemed to glow with mischief, "I spy with my dashing little eyes lots of sparkles," he murmured to his companion, looking for one person to the next. Everyone was so shiny and bright. He probably underdressed.

She straightens up and saluted the dark cloaked guard after hearing him and gave him a wink. "The names are Chris…..I mean Calypso and Luca." The guard raised a brow at Luca and almost considered the thought of joining in on the hug, until he shook his head out of a daze and checked the list he held. Mumbling something incoherently under his breath about glamour, he unhooked the red velvet rope and Luca didn't waste time to walk in with her.
She playfully elbowed him in his ribs as they walked into the ballroom and said, "I do not walk like a penguin. Don't be jealous and besides.." With her head held up high, she walked in front of him strutting her knee boots and pirate attire with leather black pants.She stops and looks over her shoulder back at him with a tilt to her hat and talks back in a sassy tone. "I'm a pirate. I get away with everything and anything I want." She tried to act seductive with a raised brow and says, "Yarrg" Her lips purse up and she bursts out laughing for she can't hold it in anymore.

"Oh come on now! That was my best pirate expression yet!" Even though she looked the part of a convincing pirate captain she thought the tiny two hot pink water guns strapped to her hips might just win her over in a costume contest if they had one she thought.She twirls around and takes a bow to him as she looks back to the filled room. Her inquisitive green eyes glanced around the decorated room and she took the time to capture the moment with everyone in it. Her face flushed with embarrassment as she held her breathe, for this was her first masquerade party she ever attended to."Wow, this is impressive. Beautiful dressed up people to celebrate the holiday. I love it!" Filled with excitement her eyes twinkle with delight from all the unique and beautiful costumes as they slowly made their way into the back of the room. She took notice after capturing the moment in awe, to the couple dancing on the ballroom floor and how eloquent their bodies swayed with the music. She whispers to Luca, "You are soooo going to dance with me later." She hadn't a clue how to ballroom dance but she was captivate by it and would be annoying Luca all night until he did.

Luca almost broke out in laughter at his companions comment, "Me? Jealous? I could rock heels any day if I wanted to but we couldn't have two amazing looking people strutting around," he let out a small chuckle and glanced back to the man who let them in who had his attention on someone else now, "I'm talking about him being amazing not you," he gestured to the gentleman before looking to her again then to the ball room, "Oh look more penguins. You all should start a cult," he teased though his eyes weren't on her but everyone else. He didn't realize she had slipped out of his arm until she appeared in front of him in all her pirate glory, "Is that right?" he asked watching as she moved almost seductively. He walked a couple steps, not realizing he had stopped walking and went right past her, "Argy Yargh yourself," he said and with that he walked towards the drinks, hearing her laughter ring out behind him.

"HORRIBLE!" he yelled out so she could hear from behind him. He turned on his heels and looked back to her now managing to walk backwards without crashing into anyone, "Horrible dreadful pirate expression I've ever seen," his eyes were full of mischief knowing how she felt about her pirate get up and his expression said as much. He watched as she twirled, having the urge to spin her more until she got dizzy. Then she might walk like a pirate. "You're looking a little red," he commented, stopping in his tracks just as someone passed behind him almost as if on cue. "You think this place is nice? I should take you to where I come from," he said, tilting his head at her when she demanded a dance, "Or what? You'll waddle all over me?" he began walking backwards as she approached him.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"That's it. Your mine" She pulled out her hot pink little squirt guns and made shooting sounds as she squirted at his head. One or two drops hit him for her aim was horrible but she played her stunt well. She gave him the stink eye and blew on the top of the plastic guns and sheathed them away. She put her hands up on her hips as she tapped a foot at him as if she watched too many westerns and in a pirate getup as she crossed her arms playing all macho.

She stuck her tongue out at him as her eyes were filled with mischief now as he mentions taking her to where he's from. Trying to act all innocent now as she puts her arms down and holds her hands in front of her and slowly walks over to a bar stool and hops up on it and sits as she contemplates his words. She always wonder where did Luca come from and how fun she always had being with him. "Well, what are we waiting for? Don't hold back on me now friend. You should take me. I'm always up for change. I recall a time when I asked you to come with me to see the Niagara Falls so we sneaked across the borders to see it for the first time." The thrill of excitement of traveling new places and meeting all kinds of different people brought her lips into a curved mischievous smile, as she ponder the thought. Crossing her legs she asked the bartender for a glass of water as she watched the random people in the room chatting about as her eyes admired the woman wearing the Greek goddess costume. The bartender brought her a goblet of water and she thanked him with a "Yarrg!"

Caitlyn closed her eyes and sent a prayer to Heaven for Michael's brother. She finished with a smile on her face, "Oh, well.. I'm terribly sorry about your brother. But Heaven just got another Angel," She curled her wings back and took his hands, "Well you did make a promise. I'll be glad to help you out!"
Pulling him to the nearest food filled table, she handed him a plate, and took one herself, topping it with desserts. She may have been an angel, but she was not about to follow the 'eat dinner first, then dessert' rule if there were a dozen different desserts tempting her!

"They all look so good!" She said as she grabbed another dessert, then another, and then.. Another! Smiling and looked at his empty plate Caitlyn placed a chocolate frosted donut on it, "Hey, you better get started, or you'll never gain that hundred pounds you promised!" She gave him playful wink as she continued to top dessert over dessert over dessert. Even though this was her first party, she felt like she was having fun. She was talking to a human, and he had no idea she was an Angel! Not a real one anyways. She didn't feel obligated to be a good influence, nor did she need to behave herself.

@Sugar_n_spice

--------------Micheal---------------
He laughs and start to pile on desserts taking brownies, cookies, cake, and who knows what as long as it have frosting He grabbed it. Passing people gave them some looks but he didn't care. He just kept grabbing more junk until the desserts on his plate looked like the leaning tower of pisa. He laughs and says "you know I never though it was possible to meet a girl that was drop dead beautiful, sweet, understanding, just plain awesome, oh and willing to eat and entire dessert table with me." He smile at her before shoving a whole cookie in his mouth "this is pretty good" he says his mouth full.

-------------Burgundy-------------
Burgundy looks up at a tall blonde boy over at one if the tables he wears a bunny costume and is stuffing his face with carrot cake. She giggles and decides to walk over she sits across from him and say "be careful don't want to choke" she gives him a funny look and a smile . "I'm burgundy" she says holding out her hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Armelia turned away from the drinker, who seemed to be ignoring her. A rather well-done pirate costume caught her eye, so she went to talk to its owner. 'Hi. You know, you really pull off that costume well. I admit, I wasn't very creative with mine."

@Serpentine

"You are very welcome." Hasan listened as the music changed to a more upbeat song, glad that the party was finally coming to life. He was so used to the sounds of crickets in the savannah and animals grunting that the music and banter was a blessing to his ears. "It is a pleasure, Ms. Rose. Are you here with friends, or perhaps a date? My sister walked off somewhere after we got our drinks. She didn't want to admit that she was looking forward to this, but I know her better than that." He paused to sip at his drink, the taste of wine sweet on his tongue. Hasan gazed at Ellie, concluding that her name was appropriate because the young woman was just as beautiful as a red rose. "Did you make your costume yourself?" He asked curiously, examining the details in the band of the gown. "It is very pretty, and a perfect fit for such a rose as yourself..." he said sweetly, soft eyed behind the mask on his face.

Adanya gazed around the ballroom for a bit before she wondered just where her brother had gone off to. She saw him across the room talking to a red haired woman in a grecian goddess costume and rolled her eyes. "Silly." She said softly to herself as she closed her eyes and downed the last bit of her drink before returning to the bar for another. The pirate bartender was glad to see her back and although he was looking for small talk, Adanya evaded him and his affection. She moved along the wall and saw a large patio door that lead to a great balcony overlooking the garden. She left the door open as she approached the banister of the balcony, setting her wine glass down before pulling herself up to sit on the flat surface. With a soft sigh, Adanya lent over and sat her head on her hand, sipping at the glass with her free hand once more.

At times, Adanya had wished she was more like her brother. He was very friendly and outgoing in most any situation - and everyone well liked him. She however was more serious, introverted and thoughtful. Although she did not consider Hasan's efforts to befriend the people around him a waste, she didn't understand why he felt the need to please everyone around him.

Around the balcony, dim lanterns sat at the ends of the vine infested banister before a set of curved stairs went down into the garden. Adanya had to admit that the Nighthawk Hotel was incredibly beautiful. Back home in Africa in Adanya's village, there were hardly any hotels, let alone any nice enough to hold a ball.

"Well, movies aren't always right. I mean, we certainly don't dress up like this." told her, showing his clothes with a movement of his arms. He was still a little uneasy. Thomas wished she hadn't done the comparison about her name with blood, because somehow at that moment that was filling his senses. He may had control, but he wasn't a fully experienced vampire that could handle every emotion. "Anyways, it depends on the vampire's mood. We can be pretty bad guys sometimes." added, focusing on the conversation and leaving aside for the moment his vampire instincts.

He watched her reaction and it amused him. Her expression made him forget almost completely about his blood problem. "That would certainly be interesting." said with a wide smile. Afterwards, he approached her, until he was not many centimeters away from her face. He slightly touched her cheek with his right hand and told her, almost in a whisper, "Then, as I said, I could easily handle you." Thomas enjoyed the defiant detour the conversation had taken, even at that playfull level, and, of course, the proximity he dared to achieve.

Observing Thomas' costume, Ruby raised an eyebrow for a moment when he lifted his arms to show her the majority of the clothing he was wearing. She then chuckled, realizing one of the things he said. "You say 'we' so many times as if you actually feel you're a real vampire," she teased playfully. "Are you just really into your character, or should I be worried you might sink your teeth into my neck?" she questioned, playing with a lock of her hair before draping it slightly over her neck. She was more joking than serious with what she said, but Ruby wasn't in total disbelief that vampires could exisit either. She had seen a lot of things in her world. In her opinion, it was entirely possible.

Feeling herself surprsied when Thomas touched her cheek, she glanced into his eyes. She gave him a confident, unwavering gaze, but still felt a shiver run up her spine at his words. There was something about him that intrigued her quite a lot. He was mysterious in a dark sort of way, and she liked it. She leaned closer to him and whispered against his ear almost in a slightly flirty manner, "Are you so sure about that? Prove it," she pulled away from the man and offered him a hand. "Would you care for a dance with me?"

He laughs and start to pile on desserts taking brownies, cookies, cake, and who knows what as long as it have frosting He grabbed it. Passing people gave them some looks but he didn't care. He just kept grabbing more junk until the desserts on his plate looked like the leaning tower of pisa. He laughs and says "you know I never though it was possible to meet a girl that was drop dead beautiful, sweet, understanding, just plain awesome, oh and willing to eat and entire dessert table with me." He smile at her before shoving a whole cookie in his mouth "this is pretty good" he says his mouth full.

-------------Burgundy-------------
Burgundy looks up at a tall blonde boy over at one if the tables he wears a bunny costume and is stuffing his face with carrot cake. She giggles and decides to walk over she sits across from him and say "be careful don't want to choke" she gives him a funny look and a smile . "I'm burgundy" she says holding out her hand.

Caitlyn
Caitlyn blushed, unable to hold back a smile. Back home, the only compliments were, 'Good job watching over the tiny, hairless apes.' Maybe this hairless ape wasn't so bad. She turned to face him, and started laughing. He looked adorable with that entire cookie in his mouth. "d-don't choke.." she managed to say in between laughs. When she had finally finished laughing, which took quite a while, she spoke, 'Thanks, you're not so bad yourself, Micheal. Or should I call you Devil Boy? Oh wait! I know, Cookie Monster!' She started to laugh again, stuffing an entire cookie in her mouth and mimicking Micheal, 'You're right this is pretty good!' She hadn't had this much fun in a long, long time.

Ellie's smile widened and she shook her head. "No, I'm afraid I arrived alone." She said, smile faltering a little. She quickly caught it and regained her true smile. She watched as he took a sip of his wine and complimented her dress. Ellie's face reddened slightly and she smiled shyly. "Yes, I did make it, thank you. You're quite striking yourself." She commented after seeing his soft eyes behind his mask. Ellie smoothed down her dress and took another sip of wine. "If it's not too much trouble, might I ask what you are?" She raised a curious eyebrow and smiled, her eyes sparkling slightly. "I'm sorry if I'm acting strange, I'm a little nervous. Nobody's actually considered talking to me for this long before." She added, laughing a little.

@Golden_Finch91

"Alright angel girl" he said finishing his cookie and digging into a piece of cake. "Why don't we go get ourselves a table" he says with a smile gesturing to a table.

Hasan frowned slightly as Ellie mentioned that she had both arrived alone and that nobody had paid any attention to her for a conversation such as they were having. He paced over to have a seat on the bench where he patted the spot next to her. "Have a seat, Ms. Rose." He said with a soft gaze at her. When she sat, he turned slightly toward her, smiling. "Isn't it obvious? I am a pirate." He laughed gently, a sparkle of teasing in his eye. "Or would you rather another answer?" He chuckled softly. "I could ask you the same question though..." He smiled slyly, unsure of what kind of being she may be as well.

@Serpentine

As Ellie sat down, she laughed at his comment. "A pirate, huh? That's a wonderful costume. So original." She teased, winking at him. "No, but it really is a good costume. So much work and detail." She said in slight awe. She turned to him when he asked her what she was. Ellie looked over her dress and then back at him. "I'm a Greek goddess. I didn't want to come as the usual princess or vampire like the other girls here." She said, addressing her silk dress with dramatic flair. She had seen him frowning before after she told him she was alone, and wanted to make him smile again. "By the way, good sir, may I ask for your name?" She asked, forgetting entirely that she didn't know the man's name. She felt a little embarrassed that she hadn't asked earlier, causing her to blush. Ellie had gotten caught up actually talking to somebody, that asking for his name just slipped from her mind. "Sorry for not asking earlier." She said, laughing a little.

@Golden_Finch91

He revealed his golden smile once more, chuckling in slight embarrassment. "I truly apologize... I should have told you that long ago. My name is Hasan. My sister Adanya and I came here simply for this event from our home in Africa. It was a long flight -- but I got to meet you and enjoy this beloved event - so it has been worth it." He gazed at the dancers curiously, then back at Ellie Rose, looking slightly devious.

"Well my dear Goddess of the mask -- may I have this dance?" He asked softly as he stood up gracefully, setting his cup down as he held his hand out to take hers.

@Serpentine

Ellie smiled when he smiled again. Hasan. "It's fine. What a wonderful name, very unique." She said after he apologized. He told her about him and his sister's long flight and widened her eyes. Ellie watched as Hasan stood and held his hand out asking to dance. She could feel herself blushing as she nodded, giving her his hand lightly. "I'm glad you came, it must have been a long trip. I'm so glad you of all people decided to talk to me. It feels nice knowing somebody." She said excitedly, her smile and eyes reflecting her excitement. "I would love to dance." She added brightly. The night was getting better than Ellie could have ever imagined.

@Golden_Finch91

Observing Thomas' costume, Ruby raised an eyebrow for a moment when he lifted his arms to show her the majority of the clothing he was wearing. She then chuckled, realizing one of the things he said. "You say 'we' so many times as if you actually feel you're a real vampire," she teased playfully. "Are you just really into your character, or should I be worried you might sink your teeth into my neck?" she questioned, playing with a lock of her hair before draping it slightly over her neck. She was more joking than serious with what she said, but Ruby wasn't in total disbelief that vampires could exisit either. She had seen a lot of things in her world. In her opinion, it was entirely possible.

Feeling herself surprsied when Thomas touched her cheek, she glanced into his eyes. She gave him a confident, unwavering gaze, but still felt a shiver run up her spine at his words. There was something about him that intrigued her quite a lot. He was mysterious in a dark sort of way, and she liked it. She leaned closer to him and whispered against his ear almost in a slightly flirty manner, "Are you so sure about that? Prove it," she pulled away from the man and offered him a hand. "Would you care for a dance with me?"
He smirked at her question. Of course he knew that she would eventually find out about him, after all, she was a supernatural creature herself. Anyways, he couldn't tell if her question was only a joke or half true, but she would certainly need something else for him to admit it. He wasn't going to deny it, either. "I'm afraid that if I tell you, I'd have to kill you."answered, teasing her back. This time, there was not the slightly amount of truth or threat on his words. There were very few occasions where he killed people and, of course, none of them were beautiful girls on a little red riding hood costume.

Thomas knew that he may look intimidating sometimes, maybe it was just because of his nature. Anyways, this girl didn't even look as it had any effect on her, not even after he approached her. She liked that quality on women and, this one, wouldn't stop to be more desirable every second. Instead of getting away from the vampire, she got closer. Thomas could feel the feeling on his throat getting bigger as her neck was dangerously near his teeth. He heard the whisper and couldn't help but smiling at the flirting tone at her words. "I would love to, Ruby." answered her, leaving aside the defiant behaviour and offering a charming smile instead. He took her hand and lead her to the dance floor.

There were some other couples already dancing, everyone captivated by the music and their partners. He placed his other hand on her hip, firmly but gently, and pulled her a little closer. Their bodies were close to each other, but not touching. Thomas waited for her to get comfortable before starting. He was holding his gaze at her, wishing, once again, that there weren't anything blocking his view of her face. Still, the mistery behind the mask annoyed him and made him more interested at the same time.

Caitlyn

Caitlyn happily hopped to the table Michael had pointed at, and sat down.
She took a bite of her donut, smudging glaze on her lips and the corners of her mouth, not to mention her cheeks, She looked over at Michael, "So Michael, why don't you tell me about yourself. This whole time, all I got is your name, and that you seem to like cookies." She took a cookie from her plate, and set it on his while laughing softly. Caitlyn nibbled at the rest of the desserts, unaware that her wings had moved closer to her since she was unconsciously cold.

Hasan lead her out to the dance floor, happy that Ellie was enjoying herself thus far. He began to lead the dance, glad of the change of pace. "I am glad as well that I chose to approach you. I wasn't sure how you'd react to a stranger, but while you were twirling earlier I decided you would likely welcome a dancing partner. Lady Luck has blessed me tonight with a beautiful woman to hold, if only for the duration of this dance!" He threw her in a quick twirl and caught her when she came back, grinning as he quickened his pace. "So Miss Rose -- tell me, when was the last time you did something like this? Went out and danced the night away and actually enjoyed the company of a handsome man like myself?" He asked boyishly, his voice dripping with teasing sarcasm. "You know Hasan means 'handsome' right? My mother chose the name for me when I was a young pup." Hasan enjoyed his little joke, wondering how Ellie would react if he did tell her of his origins and of his clan.

Telling a woman he'd just barely met was risky, but Hasan liked to be as honest as possible - especially when someone as lovely as Ellie was involved. And either way, telling her would be amusing in general. He would determine as the night went on.

@Serpentine

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.