A Party for the Mages (Halloween Masquerade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never taking his eyes off of her, Cliff noticed the golden flash of her eyes - he said nothing, though, since he certainly wasn't one to talk when it came to flashing eyes. Apparently she wasn't quite human, not entirely. He didn't mind - it only fascinated him more, made him want to know about this blonde vision. He listened to her words as he gazed her in the eyes, guiding her along in their smooth dance.

"So you know how to be pretty and proper, and you also know how to be a tough girl?" he murmured, grinning widely, relieved that he was able to mask his fangs when he needed to. "That sounds almost like the very definition of appealing. I like that."

After finally gaining entrance into the ballroom, Adanya followed her brother closely, noting that the crowd had definitely increased while they'd been waiting in line. Hasan immediately went for the bartender whom was dressed similarly to himself, his pirate garb not nearly as detailed as Hasan's however.

"I see that great minds think alike!" Hasan commented as the man chuckled from deep in his throat.

"Clearly! What can I make you sir? Wine? Well?" He asked to which Hasan rubbed his chin, thinking it over.

"Wine please. A red. And do you have champagne?"

"Sure do." The bartender poured a glass of champagne and wine graciously, offering the glasses to Hasan.

"The champagne belongs to my sister." Hasan moved out of the way for Adanya to come forward and take the glass.

"And a beautiful sister you have. Here you go m'lady. I hope you enjoy." Adanya smiled faintly.

"Thank you, you as well." She commented before she and Hasan walked toward the dance floor. Dresses were swaying and twirling with movement as Adanya sipped at the glass.

@Serpentine

Hasan let his sister go off on her own as he noted a beautiful woman in a goddess costume, her red orange hair glistening in the lights of the ballroom. He watched her twirl and take a seat, gazing across the room at someone in the crowd. He went back to the bartender and asked for a glass of red wine which he intened to give to the beautiful lady.

Hasan waltzed gracefully up to her where he bowed before her, smiling beneath his moon mask.

"Good evening, what business would a goddess such as yourself have at a silly party such as this?" He teased as he held out the glass of red wine to her, wondering if her appearance of a young woman was really appropriate. She could be as old has he had been around for 70 years and clearly didn't look his age.

".....Name, again."

"Cole Rivers. I've told you, like, three times!"

There was a grunt as the security guard's eyes scanned the list in front of him. A ridiculously tall, blond boy stood in front of the guard, staring at him with an expecting gaze. After a bit of time, the security guard glanced up at him. Silently, he unhooked the velvet rope and let Cole in. Smiling gratefully, the blond said, "'Bout time." He swore he heard the guard call him a few choice words, but he ignored it.

Stepping into the ballroom, he was in awe by the lavish decorations and the various types of people in various types of costumes that were mingling with one another. Some of the costumes made his bunny costume look amateur-ish. He stood at the entrance for a while, taking everything in. Then, suddenly, the smell of something delicious, something familiar, hit his sensitive nose. Following the smell, he stopped in front of a table decked with all kinds of food. His eyes zeroed in on the delicious carrot cake that pulled him to the table in the first place. Licking his lips in obvious hunger, he snatched up a plate and cut him a fairly large slice of the cake. With his cake in hand, he made his way towards an empty table, sitting down and digging into his carrot cake.

Caitlyn

Caitlyn walked in, fidgeting with her mask nervously. There were so many different Abominations ( Demons and evil stuff )​
around, not to mention the obnoxious mortals who kept touching her wings. She tried to hide them, but how do you hide​
something that's 5 feet long? She just wanted to have a good time. Being in heaven, monitoring everyone all the time​
made her want to experience it.​
She craved for something. Something dangerous.​
She longed to be​
human.​
"Hello! I love your little costume. The wings are a real nice touch, can I try them on?" A short, petite blonde asked, stroking​
and tugging at her wings. Ouch, she ripped of a few feathers. Caitlyn was in a real predicament. She didn't want to be rude,​
but she couldn't take of her wings! THEY DIDN'T WORK THAT WAY.​

He answered to her playfull comment with a half smile. "You certainly have a lovely name, Ruby." told her as a true compliment. She had, also, a lovely smile. Thomas found himself hating the red mask covering her face, he would really like seeing her. He slightly nodded and followed her to the banquet table.
"I just got an invitation from an old friend, so I decided to come. I don't really know why, because I'm not the kind of person who would get a costume to attend to some social meeting, but I thought it may be fun. It is going pretty well, for now." answered, being completely sincere. He may just had skipped the part where he was mainly hoping to find someone to feed from, but it was just irrelevant. Besides, the fact of being a werewolf or some kind of wolf shifter took her off the list. "How about you?"

They arrived where the drinks were and he waited for her to pour one to him as promised. In the meantime, he spoted some small baskets which were used to hold some napkins and probably to help the decoration. They made him remember her previous joke, so he just emptied one and handed it to her with a playfull smile. "It may help to keep at least some people at the party dry."
As they began to walk over toward the banquet table, Ruby was surprised at his compliment. She didn't mind her name much, even if it wasn't her real name. It was a name that had been given to her along with fake memories when a curse had been placed upon her a while back. Even after she got her memories back, she kept using the name. Ruby found herself pleased that he liked it, but decided to tease him. "I have a feeling I know why you like it so much. Vampires sort of like the color red, don't they? After all, it is the same color as what they feed on."

When they arrived at the banquet table, she continued to speak to him even when she poured his drink. "I came to meet with someone, actually. She's a woman dressed in a blue ice queen costume. We each possess something of value the other wants, so we were meeting here to trade. I haven't seen her yet though. This place is pretty big."

Once she had poured Thomas a drink, she offered it to him and chuckled at his quip regarding the basket. This guy was definitely amusing to talk to, not to mention fairly easy on the eyes too. "Why thank you. I think all I need now are some goodies to put in it so that I may journey off to give them to my grandmother. I'll just have to be careful so that the big bad wolf doesn't get me," she said with a smile. Funny how the story of Little Red Riding-hood was so different in this world than from her own. In her world, Red didn't have a run in with the big bad wolf, she WAS the big bad wolf.

(I'll be replying to my other post for Abba as soon as I get out of my class that starts soon! XD)

Last edited:
-------------Burgundy-------------

Burgundy walked slowly down the hall towards the guard her icy blue eyes scanning the hallway. She begins to hum as she walk towards the guard. "Burgundy west" she says in a hauntingly beautiful voice. He doesn't even look up he grunts and looks down at his paper. Burgundy frowns and changes her humming to a soft sound the guard looks up eyes wide "yes, yes burgundy west I'm so sorry" he says fast. She smiles and nods before walking in leaving the guard in a bight of a daze. She laughs softly to herself she loved her gift even with its major set backs. She takes in her surroundings it was beautiful and so were so many of the outfits and people. She looks down at her light blue mermaid dress with the sparkly Sequins at the top with one line running down. Her hair is up in a simple but pretty up-do revealing her ears that she most of the time hide. Her gold shoes match her mask and make a slight click each time they hit the wood floor. she stands close to the entrance singing softly to herself.

--------------Micheal---------------
Micheal walks towards the building a bounce in his step his red suit shines in the light from the buildings windows. His mask covers most of his face his dirty blond hair is messy and perfect at the same time. It brushes his forehead and the top of his mask. He walks to the door and opens it he hears music and voices he smiles. He ventures inside to see the hall leading to the party. He approaches the guard at the end he looked dazed Micheal chuckles and wonders why. He walks up to the guard "why hello sir" he says in a silly formal with a huge gin on his face "my name is Micheal hunter" a fake bow. "Micheal Hunter" the guard says groggily "yes that's me" Micheal responds. The guard nods and lets him pass the first thing Micheal notices is a girl dressed as an angel and a little blond girl nagging her about her fake wings. He decides to give the girl a hand he walks over and says "They are beautiful wings perfect for such a beautiful girl, but I for one think we should keep all our things with us don't want to forget anything would we?" He smiles at the girl dressed as an angel. Then the little blond girl nods looking at her feet before looking again at him and hurrying off. He turns back to the angel girl *Angel girl* he thinks *thats a good nickname*. He grins goofily and says "I'm Micheal" he holds out his hand "and I'm gonna call you angel girl" he finishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
As they began to walk over toward the banquet table, Ruby was surprised at his compliment. She didn't mind her name much, even if it wasn't her real name. It was a name that had been given to her along with fake memories when a curse had been placed upon her a while back. Even after she got her memories back, she kept using the name. Ruby found herself pleased that he liked it, but decided to tease him. "I have a feeling I know why you like it so much. Vampires sort of like the color red, don't they? After all, it is the same color as what they feed on."

When they arrived at the banquet table, she continued to speak to him even when she poured his drink. "I came to meet with someone, actually. She's a woman dressed in a blue ice queen costume. We each possess something of value the other wants, so we were meeting here to trade. I haven't seen her yet though. This place is pretty big."

Once she had poured Thomas a drink, she offered it to him and chuckled at his quip regarding the basket. This guy was definitely amusing to talk to, not to mention fairly easy on the eyes too. "Why thank you. I think all I need now are some goodies to put in it so that I may journey off to give them to my grandmother. I'll just have to be careful so that the big bad wolf doesn't get me," she said with a smile. Funny how the story of Little Red Riding-hood was so different in this world than from her own. In her world, Red didn't have a run in with the big bad wolf, she WAS the big bad wolf.

(I'll be replying to my other post for Abba as soon as I get out of my class that starts soon! XD)
Her joke about the reason why he liked her name amused him and put a smile on his face. Of course it wasn't the reason of why he found her name pretty, but it may explain some of the attraction he was feeling for her. He didn't thought about it before, but he was more sure every second that her red clothing affected him at some unconscious level. The thought of it made him want her in a new way; he was already forgetting everything about the wolf thing and focusing on her jugular vein.

Luckily, he had a good control over himself, even being as thirsty as he was, and easily changed the direction of his thoughts. Thomas focused on the conversation and wondered what would be the thing she wanted, maybe he could ask her later. He gladly took the wine she was offering him with a charming smile and drunk some of it. Of course, it didn't make any difference about the uncomfortable feeling on his throat, but it did taste good at least. He chuckled at her comment, thinking how ironic was for her to fear a wolf.

"There's nothing to be careful about. You have a big good vampire watching your back." answered with a smirk and playfully winking at her. "I could easily handle a wolf." added, still with a playfull expression, but maybe a slightly defiant look.

Juliet let a laugh escape her lips. "Ha, thank you, you're quite the stud muffin yourself. I'd love to get to know you" She whispered to him softly, almost sensually to the stranger. Her inner wolf was showing it's side and she fought herself to push it back down as she raced to do dame control. "If you want, that is." She said with a friendly smile as she spun out and then back to her partner as they continued to dance around the ever so slowly growing dance floor.

-------------Burgundy-------------

Burgundy walked slowly down the hall towards the guard her icy blue eyes scanning the hallway. She begins to hum as she walk towards the guard. "Burgundy west" she says in a hauntingly beautiful voice. He doesn't even look up he grunts and looks down at his paper. Burgundy frowns and changes her humming to a soft sound the guard looks up eyes wide "yes, yes burgundy west I'm so sorry" he says fast. She smiles and nods before walking in leaving the guard in a bight of a daze. She laughs softly to herself she loved her gift even with its major set backs. She takes in her surroundings it was beautiful and so were so many of the outfits and people. She looks down at her light blue mermaid dress with the sparkly Sequins at the top with one line running down. Her hair is up in a simple but pretty up-do revealing her ears that she most of the time hide. Her gold shoes match her mask and make a slight click each time they hit the wood floor. she stands close to the entrance singing softly to herself.

Micheal walks towards the building a bounce in his step his red suit shines in the light from the buildings windows. His mask covers most of his face his dirty blond hair is messy and perfect at the same time. It brushes his forehead and the top of his mask. He walks to the door and opens it he hears music and voices he smiles. He ventures inside to see the hall leading to the party. He approaches the guard at the end he looked dazed Micheal chuckles and wonders why. He walks up to the guard "why hello sir" he says in a silly formal with a huge gin on his face "my name is Micheal hunter" a fake bow. "Micheal Hunter" the guard says groggily "yes that's me" Micheal responds. The guard nods and lets him pass the first thing Micheal notices is a girl dressed as an angel and a little blond girl nagging her about her fake wings. He decides to give the girl a hand he walks over and says "They are beautiful wings perfect for such a beautiful girl, but I for one think we should keep all our things with us don't want to forget anything would we?" He smiles at the girl dressed as an angel. Then the little blond girl nods looking at her feet before looking again at him and hurrying off. He turns back to the angel girl *Angel girl* he thinks *thats a good nickname*. He grins goofily and says "I'm Micheal" he holds out his hand "and I'm gonna call you angel girl" he finishes.
Caitlyn, a bit taken aback at his devil mask, unintentionally stared before realizing that this was a masquerade ball, and that Satan himself was not currently in front of her. She quickly came back to her senses, and gave him a quick smile.
She raised an eyebrow and extended her hand, "Caitlyn. Angel girl, huh? Then I guess I'm going to call you Devil boy."
Silently, she thought to herself, < he better not be anything like his nickname. >
"Oh, and thanks by the way. That girl's hands were really sticky, and it was starting to hurt my wings," she paused, "If my wings could feel pain..."
She laughed awkwardly, ruffling her hair and petting her wings, which automatically wrapped to around her.

[ Sorry if it's kind of short, I'm a developing role-player! c: ]

He laughs and scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. Then he notices her wings move "wh-what your wings they...moved" he says startled then "no uh never mind..." He adds. He returns to his normal goofy grin "so angel girl what brings you to this exquisite party?" he says again in a fake fancy sounding voice.

Ellie's eyes widened as she saw a tall man make his way to her. All of a sudden, she wanted to make a good impression, so she smoothed down her hair and stood. "Ah, hello good sir. I, as embarrassing as it is, have no idea how these things run. I guess you could say it's one of the only balls I've been to." She said, her nerves showing through her voice. Ellie watched as the man handed her a glass of wine, a smile on his face. She gently took the glass and sent him a thankful smile. "Oh, thank you." She said lightly. "My apologies. My name is Ellie. Ellie Rose." She said, curtsying slightly so she wouldn't spill the wine.

@Golden_Finch91

Reactions: Golden_Finch91
He laughs and scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. Then he notices her wings move "wh-what your wings they...moved" he says startled then "no uh never mind..." He adds. He returns to his normal goofy grin "so angel girl what brings you to this exquisite party?" he says again in a fake fancy sounding voice.
[BCOLOR=#ccffff]Caitlyn[/BCOLOR]

"Yeah, they totally moved. Because they are totally real," Caitlyn said as sarcastically as possible.
"I'm here because.." She thought about it, "Well, I've never really been to any parties, but I've seen them from afar. They seemed quite fun so I decided to attend one."
Her wings were about to move back, but she held them, slowly adjusting them backwards as if they were only moveable if she moved them, "So how about you, why're you attending? Oh, and in case I didn't tell you before, you are rocking that suit."

He laughs "why thank you and might I say you look rather lovely in your dress." And says "as to why I'm here well my brother died recently in a car accident, and well I've been kinda depressed. So my friend said I need to get out gave me his invite and kicked me out said and I quote "don't come back till your 100 pounds heavier from all the crap you'll eat!" So here I am fulfilling my Promise to have no regard for my physical Heath" he gives her smile.

Abba paused thoughtfully as she heard Annabelle's words. Surely she could help her to think of something to catch the attention of this business partner she sought - something that would work, because hell, maybe Abba could even damn Annabelle's soul if the other woman could come to trust her enough for it. She gazed around with her pretty blue eyes, thinking it over.

"Do you know anything else about this woman?" she asked in a soft voice. "Other than that she'll be wearing red? Because I've seen a handful of people in red passing through, myself included." She wondered whether or not to ask if Annabelle could sing - it would be a lovely way to start the night if one of the guests were to sing a song with the band, though Abba could see the man and woman who had been speaking in line earlier already making their way to the dance floor to start the night off. She shifted her attentions back to Annabelle. "Not many people are here yet, do you think you'd have seen her by now if she was already here and waiting?"

~*~*~*~*~

Cliff guided Juliet to the middle of the dance floor, holding her hand gently. A smile crossed his face as her hand came to rest on his shoulder, and he let his own hand come to rest on her hip, not wanting to be too forward and pull her body right up against his as he wanted so badly to. She smelled sweet, like flowers and sunshine, but he had taken care to feed before he arrived so as not to find himself tempted by any potential dance partners - drinking a lovely lady like Juliet would be a waste. He took her remaining hand in his, holding it up and smiling down at her before beginning to move along with the music. His grip on her was firm enough to guide her movements so they wouldn't fall out of sync, but gentle enough that the movements would feel natural, rather than forced.

"Do you dance often?" he asked her, his voice soft as they were close enough not to need to speak loudly to hear one another. "I would assume that a beauty such as yourself would be a highly sought-after partner, I would certainly be ready to fight for the chance to join you here."
Annabelle shifted on her feet, rolling around on the balls of her heels as she thought over Abba's words. She mentally tried to mull over any more details about the woman she was supposed to meet. She had never given out her name, but she had brown hair, mysterious eyes, and a sweet smile. Those details weren't really descriptive enough for her to tell Abba about, so she tried to remember anything else she could think of. Eventually, one thought came to mind.

"She's Little Red Riding Hood," Annabelle said with a pause, but quickly speaking again when she realized an error. "I-I mean she's dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood. She isn't literally her. That would be silly. Nobody is a fairy tale character." She chuckled, nervously. Her laugh could have either been recognized as having been anxious because of her mistake, or recognized as anxious because she actually DID believe someone could be a fairy tale character.

"Anyhow, if she were here she'd probably be moving around a lot. She has a wandering eye and moves about often, so far as I've seen," Annabelle explained. But in truth, the Red Riding Hood she spoke of had more of a wandering 'nose' than anything else. Something about her was like a wolf, and that much Annabelle was sure about.

"But as for attracting her attention, maybe I could sing. It looks like some music is playing and they don't have anyone singing. Do you know how to sing?" she asked Abba, curious.

Caitlyn closed her eyes and sent a prayer to Heaven for Michael's brother. She finished with a smile on her face, "Oh, well.. I'm terribly sorry about your brother. But Heaven just got another Angel," She curled her wings back and took his hands, "Well you did make a promise. I'll be glad to help you out!"
Pulling him to the nearest food filled table, she handed him a plate, and took one herself, topping it with desserts. She may have been an angel, but she was not about to follow the 'eat dinner first, then dessert' rule if there were a dozen different desserts tempting her!

"They all look so good!" She said as she grabbed another dessert, then another, and then.. Another! Smiling and looked at his empty plate Caitlyn placed a chocolate frosted donut on it, "Hey, you better get started, or you'll never gain that hundred pounds you promised!" She gave him playful wink as she continued to top dessert over dessert over dessert. Even though this was her first party, she felt like she was having fun. She was talking to a human, and he had no idea she was an Angel! Not a real one anyways. She didn't feel obligated to be a good influence, nor did she need to behave herself.

@Sugar_n_spice

Her joke about the reason why he liked her name amused him and put a smile on his face. Of course it wasn't the reason of why he found her name pretty, but it may explain some of the attraction he was feeling for her. He didn't thought about it before, but he was more sure every second that her red clothing affected him at some unconscious level. The thought of it made him want her in a new way; he was already forgetting everything about the wolf thing and focusing on her jugular vein.

Luckily, he had a good control over himself, even being as thirsty as he was, and easily changed the direction of his thoughts. Thomas focused on the conversation and wondered what would be the thing she wanted, maybe he could ask her later. He gladly took the wine she was offering him with a charming smile and drunk some of it. Of course, it didn't make any difference about the uncomfortable feeling on his throat, but it did taste good at least. He chuckled at her comment, thinking how ironic was for her to fear a wolf.

"There's nothing to be careful about. You have a big good vampire watching your back." answered with a smirk and playfully winking at her. "I could easily handle a wolf." added, still with a playfull expression, but maybe a slightly defiant look.
Ruby leaned against the table as she continued to speak with Thomas, finding their conversation interesting. She was so interested, in fact, that she just about forgot to keep her eyes scanning the room to find the person she was looking for. Sure, what she was looking for was important to her, but Ruby wasn't in a huge hurry to find it right at the moment. She drummed her fingers against the soft white table cloth that was covering the banquet table, wondering more about this mysterious vampire as they chatted.

"I have a big GOOD vampire watching my back? That's interesting. I didn't think that vampires could be good. Aren't most of them pretty bad guys? In movies, at least," she mused, glancing to the playful smirk on his face. Ruby wasn't sure if she was imagining it, but Thomas looked ever so slightly uncomfortable. Almost as if something were poking him in the side or he had a nagging urge like needing to use the restroom. She ignored her feeling for the moment, however, and continued talking to him.

When Thomas mentioned that he could handle a wolf, Ruby raised her eyebrows and gave him an expression as if to say, 'Come at me, I'd like to see you try,' but actually said to him, "Really now? But what if... I was the wolf?"

Walking down the nearly empty hallway, Willow bounced up to the man with the clipboard. "Willow Davis, my good sir." She said politely, curtsying while keeping eye contact. The man's eyes widened slightly before looking at the list. "Ah, here you are, milady. Please, enjoy the dance." He smiled at her and she gave a sweet smile back. "Oh, please sir. I'm only twenty." She said before walking past the rope. As she entered the ballroom, her dress instantly glittered as the light from the chandelier caught it. "Such a gorgeous room! As well as gorgeous people!" She said to herself in awe. She quickly scanned the room with icy-blue eyes before walking to the banquet table. Willow grabbed a cookie and bit into it, smiling brightly. She was so excited to be there, at a dance! Finishing the cookie, she headed towards the bar, light brown hair bouncing slightly while she walked.

As she arrived at the bar she ordered a glass of champagne and sipped it sparingly. She wasn't in the mood for drinks, but she was just sitting there. Willow felt everybody's emotions all around her and found it relaxing. There was some flirtatious, bored, excited, nervous, and even love. She smiled at herself and took another sip of her champagne before setting the glass down, not wanting anymore. The party atmosphere had made Willow even more happy to be there.

Ruby leaned against the table as she continued to speak with Thomas, finding their conversation interesting. She was so interested, in fact, that she just about forgot to keep her eyes scanning the room to find the person she was looking for. Sure, what she was looking for was important to her, but Ruby wasn't in a huge hurry to find it right at the moment. She drummed her fingers against the soft white table cloth that was covering the banquet table, wondering more about this mysterious vampire as they chatted.

"I have a big GOOD vampire watching my back? That's interesting. I didn't think that vampires could be good. Aren't most of them pretty bad guys? In movies, at least," she mused, glancing to the playful smirk on his face. Ruby wasn't sure if she was imagining it, but Thomas looked ever so slightly uncomfortable. Almost as if something were poking him in the side or he had a nagging urge like needing to use the restroom. She ignored her feeling for the moment, however, and continued talking to him.

When Thomas mentioned that he could handle a wolf, Ruby raised her eyebrows and gave him an expression as if to say, 'Come at me, I'd like to see you try,' but actually said to him, "Really now? But what if... I was the wolf?"
"Well, movies aren't always right. I mean, we certainly don't dress up like this." told her, showing his clothes with a movement of his arms. He was still a little uneasy. Thomas wished she hadn't done the comparison about her name with blood, because somehow at that moment that was filling his senses. He may had control, but he wasn't a fully experienced vampire that could handle every emotion. "Anyways, it depends on the vampire's mood. We can be pretty bad guys sometimes." added, focusing on the conversation and leaving aside for the moment his vampire instincts.

He watched her reaction and it amused him. Her expression made him forget almost completely about his blood problem. "That would certainly be interesting." said with a wide smile. Afterwards, he approached her, until he was not many centimeters away from her face. He slightly touched her cheek with his right hand and told her, almost in a whisper, "Then, as I said, I could easily handle you." Thomas enjoyed the defiant detour the conversation had taken, even at that playfull level, and, of course, the proximity he dared to achieve.

Standing in line outside of Nighthawk Hotel ballroom she was geek and pumped up. Her heels made her just as tall as Luca as she swung her hips back forth following along a rocking tune she had stuck in her head and hoped they played some good music too.Her arms looped around Luca’s when the line begun to move and they were up next in line. She straightens her hat a little to tilt it to the side and adjusted her mask just a tad as she gave Luca an excited grin. “Thank you so much for tagging along with me my friend. You are the best ever!” She couldn’t help but to give him a huge two arm squeeze as the guard cleared his throat to break up the hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.