A Party for the Mages (Halloween Masquerade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PrincessLala95

Adjusting her mask, Annabelle continued to look around as she waited for Abba's reply. There was still no sign of the woman she was looking for. Had she decided not to come after all? Had she been duped? Sighing, she glanced back to the lady she had just met after a moment, nodding in reply. "I see. Well this does seem like an event that will be full of different people to meet. If you didn't come with someone, I'm assuming you came to make new friends or meet a possible love interest. I don't see too many people here yet, but you never know, someone interesting could show up. I like watching others at parties more than I do mingling with them." The blonde had always been a bit more of an introverted person. Making new friends was usually the least of her concerns at a party.

(replying to Zaira next. XD )

The brisk evening was abuzz with arrivals at the door as Adanya and Hasan approached the main entrance to the Nighthawk Hotel. Adanya’s dark opaque gown trailed behind her as she approached the door, her glittering jewels glinting in the low lights of the entrance. Hasan walked leisurely behind her, his pirate garb glinting as well in the low lights as he tied his half-moon mask over his face. The mask however did not cover up his wide, charming smile.

“I do not understand why you are as excited as you are, Hasan. Parties are pointless, especially one such as this- a masquerade?“ She muttered the question quietly.

“Adanya, loosen up. We will have fun, I promise! Besides, who would not like to dress up and dance and drink?” Hasan waved his hand in front of his face, imitating a dance move of sorts.

“Clearly not a soul,” her voice dripped with sarcasm, “as to the lack of visitors. I hear very few feet beyond those doors. Listen.” Hasan gazed past the people ahead of them as they approached, surely not hearing much foot traffic beyond the doors.

“Do not be so dramatic, Fisi, the doors opened five minutes ago. But look at all the beautiful women in their beautiful gowns! Everyone is dressed to impress tonight…” His smile remained despite exasperation with his sister. Adanya's dramatic feather mask actually looked quite appropriate for the occasion despite Hasan having teased her about how many ravens she’d plucked to create it when she first showed him the mask. Adanya grew impatient as they waited in line, shifting her weight from heel to heel as she listened to the growing conversations in the line and beyond the door. The talks of business deals and the sound of spilt wine and flirtatious banter – Adanya despite her grumpy demeanor had a bit of excitement for what could happen in the night. She’d spent many a nights out in the savannah at home, so some human interaction could prove entertaining.

*Fisi is Swahili for hyena.

Thomas was quiet excited about tonight. He liked the idea of a some wine, dancing and maybe a real drink from a fair lady. And those were the only reasons why he decided to attend to that event, even though he was not the sociable kind. Any other night, he would stay lurking his food in some dark alley, but that night was different. He dressed as an old vampire, just because he could already see the image on his head while he drank blood from a helpless young lady with that clothing. He always enjoyed that old good figure of a vampire and not the modern one that he was.

He was just walking through the place, mainly admiring the decorations of the place. It was a weird thing that he didn't even glance at the women around, not even to see their costumes. And it was also weird to him to be so distracted, so distracted that he bumped into someone. He felt as a liquid fell into his body and went through his coat and t-shirt to get to his skin. It was some annoyingly strong smelling wine and it would probably be his new perfume for the whole night. He was ready to turn around and say something probably awfull to the spiller but found a pretty adorable red riding hood standing in there.

"Thank you, I was actually thirsty" told her with a friendly smile. Of course there was sarcasm on his voice, but it was only meant as a joke.

(@Klutzy Ninja Kitty)

Very focused on observing the room and looking for a certain person, Ruby didn't realize when the presence of a man grew closer to her. She continued to walk closer and closer to him without thought, before eventually making contact with him. She gasped and slammed into him, tilting her glass and splashing the man with the red liquid contents of her glass. Suddenly all her attention on the room had faded away, and all she could see was the man in front of her. Ruby was mortified.

"My god, I'm so sorry!" she cried, jaw dropping. She quickly looked from side to side in a panic, hoping there was something closeby she could grab to use for dabbing some of the liquid off him. "Please, let me help you with that!" she stumbled away from him and rushed over to the table to grab a wad of napkins before heading back over to him.

"I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I've just been really distracted this evening. Thirsty or not, I'm sure you didn't want it all over you," she replied, stumbling over her words towards the end of her sentence.

@Zaira

Juliet's face was bright red as Cliff took her hand and placed a gentle kiss on her hand. His soft lips lingered for a second and Juliet swore his eyes had a twinkle as they made eye contact. She was paralyzed from staring at him and it wasn't until Cliff nodded his head as it was her turn. "Oh, yes, right, of course!" Juliet stumbled as she turned quickly and tucked a loose curl behind her ear. "Juliet? I should be on the list." She said as the man looked though the sheets of paper. Her ears heard him say her name again and her cheeks tinted red again. The guard nodded as he checked off her name and let her in though the red velvet rope. She turned on her heels as she waited for Cliff to gain entrance as well.

Something about him intrigued her.. and she wanted to find out.

Kyle was let in through the rope and he wondered down the hallway until he came to a large ballroom. He glanced around before going over to a wall and leaning against it. More and more people were coming in through door every second and the air was getting filled with the party attitude. He grinned and looked around at everyone coming in, they were all dressed so nice. He stood up a little straighter and bit his lip, he wanted to talk to someone but he didn't know who to talk to.

Thomas had his arms sligthly opened, trying not to touch his torso with them, which was almost soaked with the liquid. He made a careful move to remove his mask and be able to see better what was getting a wine stain, which was apparently most of his t-shirt and a good part of his coat. The feeling was still a little uncomfortable, but it wasn't anything that bad. Actually, the smell was the thing that bothered him the most. He observed as she apologised and offered her help. The young vampire gave her a comforting smile, trying to make her relax a little bit. Anyways, he though she looked certainly cute worried like that, desperately looking for something to amend her mistake and stumbling with her own words. Why would she worry that much? Even though it was a nice gesture, it was just a piece of clothes with some liquid on it, so he shouldn't let her feel bad about it.

"Don't worry, I wasn't exactly paying attention either. And who would say, the thirst is gone." told her when she came back with a few napkins. He had no idea whose fault the accident was, but it wasn't something that would make him upset, especially with someone like her. He may had been really close of cursing her at the first contact with the wine, but it would have only been a reflex. At that moment, he realised that the strange smell he was sensing wasn't actually from the wine, but from her. She slightly smelled like a dog, though it wasn't actually a bad thing when he could separate it from the grapes. A half smile crossed his face, was she a werewolf?

He stood there, with his arms still a little opened and his mask on his right hand, waiting for her to do something. He wasn't sure if she would hand him the napkins or if she would clean it by herself, but he was curious about it.

Last edited:
Abba gave a light shrug of her bare shoulders, watching as the line began to move, with the first woman in the black dress making her way through the rope into the elegantly decorated ballroom itself. She had left the line or she'd have been next, but instead, the blonde girl in the pretty cream-coloured dress and the handsome man in blue were next. She smiled a bit, looking over at Annabelle.

"I'm not really sure what I'm looking for," she said softly, though it was a lie. She was looking for souls, but she couldn't just come out and say that. "I guess I'm looking to enjoy myself this evening, and if I find something - friends or romance - then it's an added bonus." It also gave her more souls to damn, but again, she couldn't say that. She smoothed out her black dress and lifted her pale hands to adjust the lacy masque on her youthful face, blue eyes gazing around.

~*~*~*~*~

Cliff smiled as he watched Juliet stumble around to talk to the guard, smiling as he watched the guard shuffle through the sheets. He knew that the name 'Cliff' wouldn't be on those sheets, but he also knew who would be - and, more importantly, who would be on the list but wouldn't be showing up. Once Juliet had passed through the rope and paused to wait for him, he leaned in towards the guard. He spoke casually, but in a voice low enough that Juliet wouldn't hear, "Mr. Lance Camp, I should also be on the list." His green eye flashed briefly, just enough that you would only notice if you were looking for it.

He was quiet as the guard flipped through the pages, and a moment later, Cliff outstretched his hand and pointed to the name. "Lance Camp, right there," he said, and the guard checked the name off and opened the rope for him to pass. He stepped through, smiling as he looked towards Juliet. He outstretched one hand towards the beautiful blonde, a grin on his lips and his blue eye shining brightly as he looked at her.

"Music is playing," he said, "and yet the dance floor is empty. May I have the pleasure, sweet Juliet?" He grinned at her, hoping with all his might that she would say yes.

Teddy stood in line, checking out all the girls around. Glad I knew someone who could get me on the list this year, he thought to himself. But as he continued to scan the room the mysterious person who gave him the invitation didn't seem around.

Teddy waited to what seem like forever to him before he finally made it to the front of the red rope.
"Name?"
"Ah yes, Teddy Gibson."
The Guard took a while before looking at his partner
"Take him away." As his pal grabbed Teddy, Teddy struggled back, "The-Theodore! Try Theodore Gibson!" The guard rechecked and with a look the other guard released him opening the red rope. Teddy fixed his costume and continued in. "Well that was embarrassing." He whispered to himself. He made his way to the bar and ordered a drink. Before he could dance with a hot girl he had to boost his confidence. The bartender handed him his drink. Teddy lifted it up in the air. "Here's to a night I'll never forget!" and with that Teddy downed his drink.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincessLala95
Armelia saw a young man at the bar, toasting the night. She figured she'd join him. Who knew where this might lead?

"Hello there, sir. I'm Armelia. Mind if we chat for a little?"

Ellie stepped forward nervously, looking up at the tall man with the clipboard. "Name?" He asked roughly. Ellie's eyes widened and she gulped slightly. Clearing her throat, it seemed to ease the tightness. "E-Ellie Rose." She stuttered a little before quickly regaining her composure. The man looked down at her and back at the list before waving his hand. "Come on, then. Hurry up." He urged. Ellie quickly strode into the ballroom and stopped in amazement. She looked around in awe, a smile slowly growing on her face. "It's so beautiful..." She said quietly to herself, twirling slowly to take in the giant room. Ellie then realized that she was surrounded by people and probably looked like a freak. Her cheeks reddened slightly as she strode over to a table with food on it. She saw a bowl full of punch and decided to have some.

As she drank the punch, Ellie looked around with bright sea foam green eyes. There were so many people lavished in cloth and delicate masks. Ellie brought a hand to her hair and smoothed down the curls a little, feeling sort of out of place. Continuing to glance around the room, Ellie saw more people lining up and entering the ballroom. She smiled to herself and looked up at the ceiling, thinking of how much the scene was similarly described in books she read. Ellie put down her cup and stepped away from the table, twirling gently and smiling brightly. It's so much better than what she had thought. It was what she was hoping for. Ellie stopped her gentle twirling and stood there, unable to wipe the smile from her face. She saw some people standing around and wondered if she should talk to them. Her eyes scanned the room and landed on a boy leaning against the wall. Ellie wanted to talk to somebody, but she was shyer than she thought. She rocked on her feet slightly and held her hands behind her back, still smiling slightly. Not even shyness could bring her down now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas had his arms sligthly opened, trying not to touch his torso with them, which was almost soaked with the liquid. He made a careful move to remove his mask and be able to see better what was getting a wine stain, which was apparently most of his t-shirt and a good part of his coat. The feeling was still a little uncomfortable, but it wasn't anything that bad. Actually, the smell was the thing that bothered him the most. He observed as she apologised and offered her help. The young vampire gave her a comforting smile, trying to make her relax a little bit. Anyways, he though she looked certainly cute worried like that, desperately looking for something to amend her mistake and stumbling with her own words. Why would she worry that much? Even though it was a nice gesture, it was just a piece of clothes with some liquid on it, so he shouldn't let her feel bad about it.

"Don't worry, I wasn't exactly paying attention either. And who would say, the thirst is gone." told her when she came back with a few napkins. He had no idea whose fault the accident was, but it wasn't something that would make him upset, especially with someone like her. He may had been really close of cursing her at the first contact with the wine, but it would have only been a reflex. At that moment, he realised that the strange smell he was sensing wasn't actually from the wine, but from her. She slightly smelled like a dog, though it wasn't actually a bad thing when he could separate it from the grapes. A half smile crossed his face, was she a werewolf?

He stood there, with his arms still a little opened and his mask on his right hand, waiting for her to do something. He wasn't sure if she would hand him the napkins or if she would clean it by herself, but he was curious about it.

With the napkins in hand, Ruby began to dab at his shirt for a moment to try and help with the stain, but handed them to him after a moment. He was a stranger, so she didn't want to touch him and make him uncomfortable, or more uncomfortable than she had already made him by soaking his shirt, at least. "Well, whether you were paying attention or not, I'm sorry about that. If I had something to lend you to cover up the stain I would, but I don't."

In truth, Ruby did have the red cloak she was wearing, but she couldn't hand that over. It was the only thing helping to control her inner wolf. If she took it off, it would be very hard to keep from changing tonight of all nights. "Is there any way I can repay you?" she asked, rubbing the back of her head. "Maybe I could get you a real drink? One that won't be spilled all over you, of course." She glanced down at her own outfit before glancing up at him again and joked with a grin, "Usually I'm a lot better at carrying things in baskets to my granny. I guess I'm not so good at balancing things when they aren't in a basket."

With the napkins in hand, Ruby began to dab at his shirt for a moment to try and help with the stain, but handed them to him after a moment. He was a stranger, so she didn't want to touch him and make him uncomfortable, or more uncomfortable than she had already made him by soaking his shirt, at least. "Well, whether you were paying attention or not, I'm sorry about that. If I had something to lend you to cover up the stain I would, but I don't."

In truth, Ruby did have the red cloak she was wearing, but she couldn't hand that over. It was the only thing helping to control her inner wolf. If she took it off, it would be very hard to keep from changing tonight of all nights. "Is there any way I can repay you?" she asked, rubbing the back of her head. "Maybe I could get you a real drink? One that won't be spilled all over you, of course." She glanced down at her own outfit before glancing up at him again and joked with a grin, "Usually I'm a lot better at carrying things in baskets to my granny. I guess I'm not so good at balancing things when they aren't in a basket."
He allowed her to try to clean his shirt and took the napkins when she stopped. Thomas used them to dry his clothes a little instead of removing the stain, which was almost invisible within the dark colors he was wearing and the low ilumination. Anyways, he gave up shortly after, getting used to the feeling of being wet and relaxing his pose. He smiled at her apology, trying to tell her with his expression once again that it was ok.

The vampire slightly chuckled at her joke, he would try to remember to get her a basket later. The irony between her character and her true self was probably the thing that made Thomas most interested on her. "You shouldn't go around offering "Real drinks" to vampires, you know. It may not end up well." joked, as he showed her his suposedly false fangs with a wide smile. "I would love a drink." answered with a more serious tone, putting his mask on his face once again.

"By the way, my name is Thomas, Thomas Ranger." introduced himself, when he realized that he didn't previously.

Ellie broke out of her gaze and shook her head, walking to some benches and taking a seat. She smoothed down her dress and swayed gently to the music. Some people really didn't appreciate music for what it was. Especially for gatherings and dances. All they cared about sometimes were the people they are talking to and if they wanted to dance with them. Ellie started humming softly as the violins played gently, making her smile. She was always one to enjoy music wherever she went. Sometimes, she even wondered if music was the only thing she had to look forward to in her lifetime. After all, being in a castle for 16 of her 19 years alive really limited socialization with others. So, in her free time, she often sang her own songs and played the violin.

Still smiling a little, Ellie sat and listened to the music, still hoping to have a pleasant conversation with someone. She knew the chances were probably slim since she was really shy and looked strange just sitting around without involving in the party, but she still had hopes.

Abba gave a light shrug of her bare shoulders, watching as the line began to move, with the first woman in the black dress making her way through the rope into the elegantly decorated ballroom itself. She had left the line or she'd have been next, but instead, the blonde girl in the pretty cream-coloured dress and the handsome man in blue were next. She smiled a bit, looking over at Annabelle.

"I'm not really sure what I'm looking for," she said softly, though it was a lie. She was looking for souls, but she couldn't just come out and say that. "I guess I'm looking to enjoy myself this evening, and if I find something - friends or romance - then it's an added bonus." It also gave her more souls to damn, but again, she couldn't say that. She smoothed out her black dress and lifted her pale hands to adjust the lacy masque on her youthful face, blue eyes gazing around.
"Well that makes one of us then," Annabelle replied, stroking her hair braid for a moment before her eyes shot to the door again. "I know who I'm looking for and either she's here waiting, or hasn't arrived yet, but I'm not going to find her just standing around. I either need to start looking hard or maybe do something to catch her attention," she said, thoughtfully. "Any suggestions of something I could do? Something that won't get me booted from the party, mind you," she added with a chuckle.

For a moment, her thoughts were on what negative things she could do to catch attention. She could wreak havoc very well. But then she remembered that there were ways to catch attention by doing something positive as well. There were people standing around playing music. She could sing or perhaps dance with someone when more men arrived. She thought over her options carefully, unsure what to do at the moment.

Juliet looked over at Cliff, her hearing was exceptional thanks to all the animal DNA running through her blood. She thought she heard Cliff say a different name, but before she could question him about it the charming boy had already swept her into the beautifully lit ballroom. The decorations made her eyes twinkle and she marveled at the sight in front of her. Only after she had admired it for a few seconds she heard Cliff ask her to dance and she beamed with excitement. The last time a guy ad asked her to dance it was in the 7th grade. "I'd love too!" She said as se gracefully placed her hand in his as she allowed him to lead her out into the center of the empty dance floor. She placed her hand on his shoulder and smiled as she waited for him to lead.

He allowed her to try to clean his shirt and took the napkins when she stopped. Thomas used them to dry his clothes a little instead of removing the stain, which was almost invisible within the dark colors he was wearing and the low ilumination. Anyways, he gave up shortly after, getting used to the feeling of being wet and relaxing his pose. He smiled at her apology, trying to tell her with his expression once again that it was ok.

The vampire slightly chuckled at her joke, he would try to remember to get her a basket later. The irony between her character and her true self was probably the thing that made Thomas most interested on her. "You shouldn't go around offering "Real drinks" to vampires, you know. It may not end up well." joked, as he showed her his suposedly false fangs with a wide smile. "I would love a drink." answered with a more serious tone, putting his mask on his face once again.

"By the way, my name is Thomas, Thomas Ranger." introduced himself, when he realized that he didn't previously.
"Forgive me, I don't think Granny has done well telling her Little Red not to speak with strangers and offer them drinks," Ruby teased back, relaxing when she saw the calm smile on Thomas' face, and the playful joking tone in his voice. She glanced at his 'fake' fangs, only just realizing he was dressed up as a vampire. She had been so focused on cleaning up the wine on him that she hadn't taken the time to look at his costume. The strange thing about his costume was that it smelled faintly of blood as if he really were a vampire, but--thanks to the wine having been spilled on him--her strong canine sense of smell was a bit confused. Confused or not, Ruby decided he couldn't be a real vampire. This place was full of people in costumes, not real monsters... except herself, of course.

"Nice to meet you, Thomas. I'm Ruby, or if you prefer it you can call me Red. That is my costume, after all," she said with a pretty smile afterwards. "If you'd like a drink, walk with me then over to the banquet table and I'll pour you one. I won't spill it this time either," she added, sheepishly. "So what brings you to this place?"

Abba paused thoughtfully as she heard Annabelle's words. Surely she could help her to think of something to catch the attention of this business partner she sought - something that would work, because hell, maybe Abba could even damn Annabelle's soul if the other woman could come to trust her enough for it. She gazed around with her pretty blue eyes, thinking it over.

"Do you know anything else about this woman?" she asked in a soft voice. "Other than that she'll be wearing red? Because I've seen a handful of people in red passing through, myself included." She wondered whether or not to ask if Annabelle could sing - it would be a lovely way to start the night if one of the guests were to sing a song with the band, though Abba could see the man and woman who had been speaking in line earlier already making their way to the dance floor to start the night off. She shifted her attentions back to Annabelle. "Not many people are here yet, do you think you'd have seen her by now if she was already here and waiting?"

~*~*~*~*~

Cliff guided Juliet to the middle of the dance floor, holding her hand gently. A smile crossed his face as her hand came to rest on his shoulder, and he let his own hand come to rest on her hip, not wanting to be too forward and pull her body right up against his as he wanted so badly to. She smelled sweet, like flowers and sunshine, but he had taken care to feed before he arrived so as not to find himself tempted by any potential dance partners - drinking a lovely lady like Juliet would be a waste. He took her remaining hand in his, holding it up and smiling down at her before beginning to move along with the music. His grip on her was firm enough to guide her movements so they wouldn't fall out of sync, but gentle enough that the movements would feel natural, rather than forced.

"Do you dance often?" he asked her, his voice soft as they were close enough not to need to speak loudly to hear one another. "I would assume that a beauty such as yourself would be a highly sought-after partner, I would certainly be ready to fight for the chance to join you here."

Juliet giggled and flowed to the movement as they danced and flowed together. Her blue eyes flashed golden for only a second and smiled as her animal instincts tore though her sweet demeanor. It was an inner fight with herself but her feet never skipped a beat. "I've danced since I was a little girl, my parents are really big on the whole "act like a lady thing" so dancing was a big part of my childhood, as was fancy dresses, tea, and if you need me to set a table I'm basically an expert at it." She said sweetly. "Well I was more of a tree climbing girl anyway." She said with a joking smile.

"Forgive me, I don't think Granny has done well telling her Little Red not to speak with strangers and offer them drinks," Ruby teased back, relaxing when she saw the calm smile on Thomas' face, and the playful joking tone in his voice. She glanced at his 'fake' fangs, only just realizing he was dressed up as a vampire. She had been so focused on cleaning up the wine on him that she hadn't taken the time to look at his costume. The strange thing about his costume was that it smelled faintly of blood as if he really were a vampire, but--thanks to the wine having been spilled on him--her strong canine sense of smell was a bit confused. Confused or not, Ruby decided he couldn't be a real vampire. This place was full of people in costumes, not real monsters... except herself, of course.

"Nice to meet you, Thomas. I'm Ruby, or if you prefer it you can call me Red. That is my costume, after all," she said with a pretty smile afterwards. "If you'd like a drink, walk with me then over to the banquet table and I'll pour you one. I won't spill it this time either," she added, sheepishly. "So what brings you to this place?"
He answered to her playfull comment with a half smile. "You certainly have a lovely name, Ruby." told her as a true compliment. She had, also, a lovely smile. Thomas found himself hating the red mask covering her face, he would really like seeing her. He slightly nodded and followed her to the banquet table.
"I just got an invitation from an old friend, so I decided to come. I don't really know why, because I'm not the kind of person who would get a costume to attend to some social meeting, but I thought it may be fun. It is going pretty well, for now." answered, being completely sincere. He may just had skipped the part where he was mainly hoping to find someone to feed from, but it was just irrelevant. Besides, the fact of being a werewolf or some kind of wolf shifter took her off the list. "How about you?"

They arrived where the drinks were and he waited for her to pour one to him as promised. In the meantime, he spoted some small baskets which were used to hold some napkins and probably to help the decoration. They made him remember her previous joke, so he just emptied one and handed it to her with a playfull smile. "It may help to keep at least some people at the party dry."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.