Online Availability
GMT +8, generally more active late at night
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced

• 227e9b6b98fd9d9f75c30e51727be8fc.png

aboutsnippetslonger plots

I'm any name you wish, but you can call me either any or Lee. I started PBPing round a decade ago, but since turning more of my focus on academics I've slowed down a bit, so I may be a tad out of practice. I've only recently started to pick roleplaying up again as a way to relax and get some practice in whilst in postgrad school.

I adore of building up world details and characters, and am always stoked when my partner shows a similar love for it! Collaboration is really important to me, and active collaboration is always more than appreciated!

As such, partners who don't at least try to throw some ideas in from time to time are a no-no for me. Flakes aren't a favourite of mine, either, so I'd appreciate sent a PM my way (within a reasonable amount of time!) to tell me if you don't feel the RP anymore, you've lost your Muse, you have some things going on IRL you need to deal with, you don't feel that particular connection with me as a collaborator or have any other reason.

There's something of an important caveat since I'm due back to the postgrad grind in a few days: my schedule's pretty packed so, unfortunately, I won't have time to post often and will most likely do so on a weekend or around the middle of the week, and will only be able to RP with just a few people at a time. Buyer beware. If I do get busy enough that I'm not able to post often, I'll definitely let you know!

Here are my plot snippets and longer plots. If there's anything else you need to know, or if there's a plot you had in mind that we could workshop, don't hesitate to shoot a PM my way!

90cbf0d14cb1f5761725b3ea8e0ed008.png

Hover over the text to see more!

pinterest

OOC
    time zone
    posting times

IC
    word count
    writing level
    face claims
    preferred genres/themes word salad
    rp deal-breakers

• d90c2f126b596f9631053d20534417d2.png

The plots below are a little empty and may be improved on or combined with each other or any ideas you have!
    Roles I prefer are underlined.

Fruit
    keywords
    either platonic or romantic.

A fruit vendor with powers of psychic suggestion they use to lure customers to their roadside stand is discovered by a former mutant hunter (from a secret society) who is trying to come to terms with their ability to sense other mutants and how they've used the ability to track and hunt them.

Rest Stop
    keywords

Two days from Samhain, two white witches receive a distress call from the dwindling old guard several cities away to help guard a tear in the Veil. They decide to rest at a motel for the night after a long drive. They wake the next morning to find the fog of the veil blanketing the motel and the nearby town. The old guard's last stand has failed. Now, they struggle to protect the motel and town denizens from the creatures that will slowly close in on them, all the while trying not to let on what they really are.

Samhain's in the Air Tonight
    keywords
    loosely inspired by: The Covenant

The Ripley twins (m & f) are out on a night of Halloween trick-or-treating and (birthday) partying when they wander into an abandoned barn on a mutual dare. At the stroke of midnight, on their 18th birthday, something otherworldly unlocks their latent powers and, subsequently, a deeply supernatural world that, to their surprise, many people they know have long been involved with.

• 66f4ac5432d68a47eda8b6c8e22fb659.png

I have a bit more idea of the lore, etc of the plots below, but I'm open to any ideas!
    Roles I prefer are underlined.

Daddy's Little Churl
    keywords
    inspired by: Supernatural, that one Lucifer season finale

A woman in her mid-20s to 30-something lives out her ordinary life in a big city, trying to get by like the rest of us. Orphaned at 17 after her single mother died of cancer, she stayed with a high school friend's family until it was time to ship off to college, and has been pretty much working and independent since.

One midnight, she spends the sixth anniversary of her mother's death in a diner near the cemetery when a mysterious man joins her at her table, claiming to be her father… and the Devil himself. He manages to prove both.

He explains that her mother—the only woman he has ever loved—despite her purity, has neither passed into Heaven nor Limbo. With time freed up since he's temporarily delegated his job to his closest commanders and twin sons Phobos and Deimos, he decided to make the trip to find her a family affair, especially to make amends for all the years he couldn't afford to give up his throne for the sake of his family, and takes a reluctant W on a cross-country road trip in an otherworldly 1970s Cadillac Coupe De Ville across America, investigating tears in the fabric of the mortal plane to find her and, hopefully, convince the powers that be that she deserves entrance into the Pearly Gates.

But two problems present themselves: first, now that the Devil has vacated his throne, it's fair game; and second, the Devil's other children (half-mortal or half-whatever-else) are jealous of this attention and want to get into his good graces, and will not hesitate to take W down to get it.

The Life and Times
    keywords
    may contain romance.

Thomas Detweiler, a retired assassin under the cover of Philip 'Pip' Rousseau, lives out a quiet, relatively normal life in Holbrook City. He's had some luck reintegrating into society, even going so far as to allow himself Robin (m or f), a best friend (and potential love interest), an aspiring writer.

In vino veritas rings true as one evening drinking session, Thomas, driven to guilt by the weight and consequences of his former actions, confesses to them and recounts his experiences to Robin. They dismiss his confession as drunken rambling and completely uncharacteristic of him, takes inspiration from it, and integrates it into the plot of a novel. It finds moderate success, to the delight of Robin... and Gary Dresden, an Interpol agent who has long been on the hunt for the skilled assassin—a ghost to international governments, with no two people sure about what he even looks like. Having seen the parallels between the book and the cases, Agent Dresden realises it reads like the assassin's roman à clef and pursues the lead.

Thomas has to face the past he tried to leave and protect Robin from the mess they started.

Not in Angmering Anymore
    keywords
    inspired by: Pride and Prejudice and its 1995 and 2005 adaptations, respectively; Lost in Austen

While investigating mysterious ripples of something resembling another world reflected in a family heirloom mirror, a Mr Darcy-type landed gentleman from the Regency era is suddenly launched from the comfort of Angmering, his country estate, to a bustling, present-day city and, along the way, meets another such person similarly jettisoned into the future who has acclimated to their new surroundings, and gradually falls in love with an embodiment of everything his society has taught him to shun: a non-white single mother who makes part of her living as a sex worker.

696fcf27ec838f9e42a54ff17b65c7b2.png

Last edited: