A Partner Search for Sci-fi/Urban Fantasy/Paranormal RPs (Plots Included In-Thread!)

M

Mazula

Original poster
Hello! You can call me Mazula, or Maz. I'm looking for a new partner or two for some speculative fiction roleplays! I love creating plots and settings, so I'm totally willing to take a lead in setting up and developing the story if that's something you want, or if collaborative planning is more your speed, I'm down with that as well! I like to think I'm pretty flexible.

I love plots and settings that are on the weirder side. Ghosts/spirits, parallel universes, aliens, or monsters are all common in my RPs. I like both more intense, emotional RPs as well as more lighthearted ones; it all depends on the plot and the players. I'm not usually huge on romance plots, but romance isn't necessarily a complete dealbreaker as a subplot or something. I can play any gender of character (though I tend to play a lot of women lately), and I'll play with any gender of player or character. I'm open to playing multiple characters if you'd like to play that way, and I have a lot of experience with creating and controlling NPCs as well.

I can usually post one or more posts a day, more on the weekends, but due to my health, I may sometimes have to take a day off. I'm not super picky about the length of your posts or your play style, but my posts tend to be multiple paragraphs or mini-novels, with occasional shorter posts for fast-paced scenes.

Now that I've got the official stuff out of the way, here are some plots I've put together that I'd be love to play with you! For each one, I've got at least a fairly fleshed-out setting, some plot points to get started with, and the beginnings of a character I might play in the RP.

My plot ideas for now are:

1) When a young woman disappears from her small town, the locals all have one theory on their minds; she must have been lost to the nearby forest, where no one is supposed to go. No one who has entered the forest has ever returned. Brushing off everyone's warnings as an urban legend, two of the woman's friends decide to go into the forest to find her and bring her back. As soon as they drive across the bridge into the forest, the bridge collapses; they narrowly escape and lose their car and their only way to turn back home. As they travel through the woods in search of their friend or a way out, they soon realize that the forest doesn't want them to leave. Their only hope now is to push through, survive whatever strange dangers come their way, and hope that they can find an exit on the other side.

2) In a world where magic has been recently discovered by the general public, people with magical abilities are being kidnapped in secret and taken to a high-security underground bunker to be studied by a shadowy organization with unknown motives. Two captives are conspiring to escape to the outside world and find help, but it won't be easy. Countless people have tried to escape, but no one has succeeded, and many have died trying. However, these two magic users believe that if they play their cards right, they just might make it.

3) A science lab has been performing experiments on humans, attempting to find ways to modify the human body and mind for the better. Many of the experiments have gone horribly wrong, resulting in heavy damage. When the lab's unethical practices are revealed to the public, it is promptly shut down, and the test subjects are freed and allowed to return to their normal lives. Two subjects of a failed experiment set out to find a new life and try to find normalcy while coping with the adverse effects of the experiments, dealing with cruel members of the public, and running from disgraced workers from the lab, who hope to tie up loose ends by "erasing" their old experiments for good.

If you're interested in any of these plots, let me know either in this thread or a PM, and we can work something out! I look forward to hearing from you!

• Love
Reactions: Summer
Gimme failed science experiments!!!

*Throws confetti*

Yes please.

Reactions: Mazula
I really love the first idea about the missing girl if you're interested!

Reactions: Mazula
If you like aliens, I've got a bag full of them. My specialty...

I'd definitely be interested in the second plot if you're still looking!

If you're still looking, I'd love to know more about your failed experiments plot. If you're up for writing it with a second person. :)