4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Slice of life, Romance when romance is called for, Magic with Technology, Post-Apocalyptic, Yaoi/Yuri/Het/Poly, and Futuristic.
Ah, uhm, hello! You’re welcome to call me Argent, or Gent if you please. I count myself among females, and yet I greatly enjoy playing male characters. I’m fairly new to these parts but I’ve been roleplaying for eleven years and writing solo for longer than that. However, I am somewhat rusty as I have only written with a small handful of other players over the last two years. I only ask that you be patient with me as I settle back into the personalities of my characters- or as I develop new personalities for new characters!

Some Preferences:
  • I love to post as soon as I can in a story. Sometimes this means the same day that you might have responded, other times it means the day after. However, this can mean that it takes around a week to respond.
  • I can post from two paragraphs to eight paragraphs in one post- from one character if we happen to double or triple up on them. Chances are that the more characters we have, the less I will be able to write for them if they're all interacting together as a whole. Even if this happens I won't go under two paragraphs.
  • I like time skips every now and then. I'll bring it up with you when we get closer to a time where we may need to move forward, and if you agree we'll work it into our next post or two. I want to make sure you have a chance to get all of the details out that you might have planned.
  • Third person perspective is how I write. I've tried first person perspective but it doesn't grant me the distance I need to make my characters come to life. They have their own personalities and writing as though I am them kind of dulls that feeling for me.
  • NPCs are easy for me to write as well- though if you expect this from me I hope that you understand that I want you to write NPCs also.
  • The same goes for doubling up on characters. If you expect me to play two or three characters at once, I only request the same from you.
  • As for romantic pairings (if it happens) I tend to go for male x male before male x female, but that doesn't mean the second is completely off limits! I do enjoy female x female as well, but as I have fewer female characters I don't want to raise too many hopes here.
  • Forums only, please! I will not exchange email, skype, or discord with you unless we become good friends down the road. These will not be used for writing currently.

Some Important Information:
  • I want to be upfront and say that I live and work at home. Work being digital art whenever I can manage it (this includes streaming whatever I might be working on), and also helping care for four children. I'm not a parent, but they need the extra attention to better balance them all. This means my schedules are a little sporadic.
  • I also have the oh so lovely issue of being gone from the 29th of every month, until the 1st of the following month. Sometimes I'm gone for less time, sometimes I'm not gone at all! Please be patient with me during these times! I do send out reminders to my partners when this time comes near.
  • I'm very quiet outside of our story. This is partially from shyness, and partially from anxiety. I don't want to make anyone feel as though I'm pressuring them to respond, and I would appreciate that sentiment to be returned.
  • Communication outside of writing is perfectly fine! By all means, speak to me daily if we're continuing a conversation we were enjoying the day before. However... Seeing me online and constantly messaging for a response will only cause me to take even longer.
  • 8/10 times I won't message you first if we're talking. I don't want to bother you and it takes a few months before I feel comfortable sending the first message to someone. I will usually send a check-in message after two weeks of radio silence if there is any, just to see how you are doing and if you need more time in a story or if you need help.
  • I like to plot, but I don't like to plot out every single, teeny tiny detail. Let's talk about where we're going to go next and what that place looks like to us, and if we're going to stop at some certain place. Let's avoid micromanaging past that so we can add our own additions as we write.
  • I write with a sense of realism. If someone is bleeding profusely, they won't walk around like they're fine unless we've set a world for that to happen. If someone is injured they will react like they are injured.
  • My realism also plays into relationships. I want ups and downs. There might be events that nearly rip the relationship apart and there might be some of the most wonderful days between the two (or many) people involved. I want yelling and crying, laughter and bashful glances, and emotions. I want tragic backstories and surprisingly average backstories.
  • I won't use face claims. I used to be fine with it but now... The more that I write, the less that I like them. I'm even to the point that I won't use anime or cartoon faces.

A Few Requirements:
  • I'd really appreciate it if you could write in the third person perspective as well!
  • Full sentences would be wonderful too, though I understand there are times where you. need. this. kind. of. emphasis.
  • If you could be descriptive that would just blow my world to pieces. I love the little details of a red, silk, button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up and the collar unbuttoned. Tell me what furniture is in the room, help me picture the setting!
  • A basic understanding of grammar and spelling would be appreciated! I don't expect perfection, but I do want to understand what you're writing.
  • Typos are acceptable but please re-read to narrow them down!
  • Quality over quantity is how it usually works for me! Granted, this doesn't mean that I don't value quantity. The more material you give me, the better my response.
  • I'd love it if you could post two or three times a week, especially considering Iwaku's archiving limitations. A week without a reply is understandable but after two weeks I start to worry about our story, and after a month I start losing hope.
  • Please tell me if you're no longer interested in our story. You don't have to give an in-depth reason if you don't want to, but please don't leave it without warning.

Now that all of that is out of the way, why don't we get down to the good stuff?

Themes Of Interest:
  • I guess you should have expected this just from going off of my title. I'm interested in playing in this beautiful and terrifying world created to allow Dwarrows, Elves, Men, and Hobbits roam the lands. Of course, there are still Wizards, Goblins, Orcs, and Uruk-hai humanoids flittering about this land but my main focus will be on two or maybe four people in a small party wanting to complete an important and epic quest! There will be spiders, wargs, maybe even skin-changers and who knows, we may come across wraiths, ghosts, and oliphants along the way. We'll have to include NPCs to push this story along as well! I have a default quest idea in mind for us to work with but if you have an idea that really tickles your fancy I would love to hear it and further develop the idea with you!

• This topic has stuck around in my head for quite a while now.
    • The obvious path to trot down is generic zombie encrusted towns and fleeing survivors. I'm not opposed to this but we need to fill in the blanks! Why are we fleeing? Just to survive, or is there a safe haven with a cure or preventative measure in place? What kind of zombies are out there? Should this happen outside of the USA? I'd like to throw in an interesting twist to this idea as well... Fantasy creatures who have a natural immunity to the infection, but even when bit will be put out of fighting commission with either flu-like symptoms or some kind of sickness that takes a few days to fully recover from. The last part isn't necessary but hey, can't blame me for trying, right?

• After the zombies or radiation or whatever thing caused the world to end. We want to rebuild, we want to use whatever we can to recreate society- and maybe this time we won't screw up so badly.
    • There's actually a fandom setting that I would like to use for this that involves humans living in space and then being forced to return to earth after an atomic/nuclear fallout on earth. The show is called 'The 100' and it may do some good to have a basic understanding of this universe. It's been one hundred years since humans ran into space to avoid complete extermination, and despite all of their efforts to wait it out, they have to return due to a failing oxygen system. They send down 100 people as test subjects to see if the world is survivable, and then something happens that forces the rest of the space station back to earth. The earth they feared the most has actually adapted to all of the radiation, and surprisingly there are still living beings here. We won't be with the main crew here, we'd be a section of the station that broke off into a northern frozen taiga. Something about the extreme cold is appealing to me in this world.
    • There are other settings for this that we can use, but I do love the idea of 'old modern' technology mixing with somewhat primitive technology. People using batteries and solar/wind/water power to recharge cell phones and computers while living in cavernous cities or busted buildings- handmade shacks and recycled huts. If there are still zombies lingering around in much fewer numbers that would be even better. There is still the fear of exploration but the need to scavenge in dens where they could lurk. Underground radiation and gases that linger and can cause severe illness to those who are exposed without proper protection.

• Yes Please! Fantasy is something I absolutely live for! I'll even play around with werewolves and vampires if I feel the story is interesting enough! Of course, werewolves and vampires would be easier to play if we had some basic guidelines of do's and don't's to go along with them. Do vampires glitter in the sunlight, burst into flame and ash, turn to stone, or are they able to withstand it as a normal human with light sensitivity and lowered abilities because of the giant flaming gas ball in the sky? Do werewolves shift completely into wolves that are natural sized predators, or do they shift into giant wolves, or even half shifts with body hair, pointed ears, fangs, animal eyes, and claws? Are all three of those options possible in a hierarchy of age and strength?
    • Creatures outside of these two lovely nightlings are up for grabs as well! Even mythological beings, like unicorns, are options. I will admit that angels and demons are one of the categories I'd like to avoid though. Suggest your fantasy world and make it sound appealing- I'd love to try new things here.
    • Mythology is super appealing as well and I would love to read up any ideas that you might have on this topic!

• Come with me on a quest to far away lands of fantasy or modern realities. Are we food bloggers chasing down the most delicious feasts? Are we hunting for mysterious creatures plaguing communities? We can float through the galaxies discovering new planets and creatures. I want to write about exciting new places and have someone come along with me to enjoy it, building the world together. This can be as simple as a slice of life adventure or as complex as... "What language is that? Is this a bathroom or- wait what are you doing, why is everything screaming?"

• This is mostly for the sake of setting. I'm a little bit of a nerd, I'll admit. Or well, more than just a little bit. The thrill of swords flying and protecting princesses will always appeal to me as long as we have a story and end goal in mind! Give me dragons and element users, teach the princess how to protect herself when there is no one there to do it for her. Essentially make this story more than the damsel in distress- let the princess become queen (or the prince become king) using their own strengths. Hide them in the opposite gender's clothing too, put a bit of humor and espionage into it. Let's use this setting to the fullest and create a story we won't forget!

• I love magic. There's just something about it that warms my body, and if you can mix technology into this somehow I'd be even more stoked. The give-and-take of magic and science is so flexible and there are even a few fandoms in the world that we could use for that in particular. Magic can range from innate abilities to flicking wands and weaving spells with runes. Are they superheroes out to save the world? Is the whole world filled with magic that everyone can use? Let's build from that.

• Offer up any ideas you might think would interest me! I love seeing other options and while I might not have listed it here, I'd be pleased to see something new and interesting!

Themes Not To Discuss:
  • Extremely graphic, gory, disturbing topics.
  • Purely romantic and sexual relationship writing.
  • God-modded characters. Invincible to everything, no matter what it is. If there is a god-modded character then it must be mutually agreed that neither of us plays them and they are used only for lore.
  • This list may continue to grow in the future.

Last edited:
Hello. If you're okay with me, I'd be glad to try any apocalyptic, post-apocalyptic, adventure, or fantasy themes.

Hello. If you're okay with me, I'd be glad to try any apocalyptic, post-apocalyptic, adventure, or fantasy themes.

Ah, hello! Sorry, it took a while to get back to this, I only had time to glance around at my notifications while the holidays were going on. As it is I have someone already looking into an apocalyptic/semi post-apocalyptic story theme with me, and while I love the setting, I would feel terrible if I missed the two stories in any way and confused either of you. So, for now, I may have to turn you down for those.

I may have also found my max amount of stories to play in right now as well. I was hoping you wouldn't mind if I put your offer on hold until I can settle everything in with the others? I know it's not very convenient but I can send you a message in the future once I've got everything rolling and if I think I can take on another story. I read your profile information and it seems like we could make some interesting plot together! I'm just full up at the moment. I hope you understand, and I'm sorry if leaving this open had caused some confusion!

Planning on opening this back up as I've found some more free time on my hands!
If you have any ideas outside of what I have listed please send them to me as well, I'd love to hear them, especially if you think we could write well together!

I'm looking for two or three more partners with any luck so... Here's to hoping I draw enough of your interest. (:

So quite a few of these topics have me very interested!
  • Lord of The Rings - First a foremost, always has a dear place in my heart. I would love to work up something on this topic!
  • Ancient/Feudal Japan - This also happens to be a topic/plot that endlessly fascinates me but is seemingly impossible to find someone to share in a RP based upon it. I did a long-running concubine RP based in China that I adored but it fizzled for some reason. So I would love to stretch my fingers in this a little further.
  • Magic - Anything, and everything magic-based. I am a nerd for anything dragon-related. (My username isn't an indicator of that or anything)
I also love world building. Meaning creating maps, landscapes, new species, languages that these creatures speak ... And so forth. Would love to hear back from you~

• Love
Reactions: ArgentAconit

Hello! (:

I'd be happy to work up anything on these topics actually! Of course, you really tickle my interest with the admission of your love of Lord of The Rings, and it's been far far too long since I've had the chance to play in that universe. We could possibly mix in some Ancient Japan and create our own segment of the map to play in as well if that interests you! This would allow for some flexibility and since I don't know much outside of the maps provided for middle earth I can't really provide accuracy for other areas or cultures. It would be fun if our group had to travel from the known to the unknown, right? (:

I'm far too easily swayed by magic. Something about it just warms my soul, ahaha. I don't have a specific storyline for magic in mind, but I love weaving it into plots and letting it take root in unusual places. If you have any particular ideas you'd like to use I'd love to hear about them! I'd love to incorporate some dragony essences to our world too, not only just for your name but because dragons are amazing creatures that provide plenty of chances for some magical mischief!

World building can be so much fun. I've never been great at creating my own maps in a physical format but I love laying out kingdoms and villages and market towns as well as natural landscapes. Species creation is also fascinating! I don't get to do that too often but it's something that I do enjoy and I feel like we would definitely have to have some new species if we made a new portion of the Tolkien universe. Languages might be a little difficult but I feel like it could be a great element to add as well.

So honestly, I guess what I'm trying to say is Yes? Yes, please? Hahaha. We could continue this through some direct messages if you like. I'm excited to hear back from you. (:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Chaotic Moth
Hello! (:

I'd be happy to work up anything on these topics actually! Of course, you really tickle my interest with the admission of your love of Lord of The Rings, and it's been far far too long since I've had the chance to play in that universe. We could possibly mix in some Ancient Japan and create our own segment of the map to play in as well if that interests you! This would allow for some flexibility and since I don't know much outside of the maps provided for middle earth I can't really provide accuracy for other areas or cultures. It would be fun if our group had to travel from the known to the unknown, right? (:

I'm far too easily swayed by magic. Something about it just warms my soul, ahaha. I don't have a specific storyline for magic in mind, but I love weaving it into plots and letting it take root in unusual places. If you have any particular ideas you'd like to use I'd love to hear about them! I'd love to incorporate some dragony essences to our world too, not only just for your name but because dragons are amazing creatures that provide plenty of chances for some magical mischief!

World building can be so much fun. I've never been great at creating my own maps in a physical format but I love laying out kingdoms and villages and market towns as well as natural landscapes. Species creation is also fascinating! I don't get to do that too often but it's something that I do enjoy and I feel like we would definitely have to have some new species if we made a new portion of the Tolkien universe. Languages might be a little difficult but I feel like it could be a great element to add as well.

So honestly, I guess what I'm trying to say is Yes? Yes, please? Hahaha. We could continue this through some direct messages if you like. I'm excited to hear back from you. (:
PM coming your way fellow dragon-loving friend!