A Night to Remember IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

"That's fine, feel free to catch up with me lat- Ah!" she answered Leorio, before tripping over something on the floor. Maybe she'd wait around some more after all. Muttering under her breath as she stood back up, she took a look at what she tripped over. Under a copious amount of clothing was a sword almost as tall as her, which wasn't all that tall to be fair, with dulled edges.

"Oh, I found you." All that was left was to find Kuu. Though as a living being, it was pretty clear he wasn't in this room or he'd have been making some sort of noise by now. But of course her pet dragon would have to wait until she could at least traverse a room properly.

"K-kid? Well, anyway, I can't remember my name. Isn't that amusing?" Linne giggled a little. "But I have been called the 'Princess of the Night Blade,' so I suppose some take on that will do. Oh, and to be honest, I do not recall meeting you. Perhaps you are mistaken." Though she said that, she couldn't shake off the feeling that something about the people here was familiar, but with no grasp on what it was she chose to ignore it.

@The Silver Paladin @Thuro The Assassin Potato @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Verite @BarrenThin @Mighty Roman @D.E.C.
"Oh, sorry if it felt like I was burstin your bubble or sometin, mate. I'm sure people get a real kick out of you being starkers in other parties. I just didn't think it'd be that great, here! Like I said tho, glad to meet ya! Now if only I could remember my name. Pretty important to know I'd think?"

gorillazdesktopstanding.png

"Whenever I get a chance to go down to the pub, I'm usually swarmed by fans who want my autograph. I just'd like a pint to drink and then I'd be on my merry way. I guess whatever the case I liked you guys enough to stick around longer than usual and I ended up blasted and under a table. Or so I'd like to think that's what happened. I'm not really sure. Have a hard time remembering things on account of the two dents in my head." He'd point to his eyeballs which were filled to the brim with blood. But yet 2-D could see perfectly fine. Funny how that worked out.

"Of course, figuring out my name can come later. I'm not one to turn down someone greeting me. I may not recall my own name but I'm glad to know yours, Leo! But um..Has anyone seen a mask around? Looks kinda like a clown? If you find it I'd like it back. Helps me hide my headaches."
Oh, boy.

What a colorful cast of characters that he had found himself meeting for the first time. Or... well, maybe "for the first time" was inaccurate, but "the first that he remembers at the moment" was too much of a mouthful.

Still, this was inconvenient. Here he was with a bunch of self-proclaimed amnesiacs. How was this gonna turn out?

145.png

"What's with the giggles? You still tipsy or something?" Leorio would ask Linne with something of a slightly surprised expression at her reaction, "Princess of the Night Blade... Yeah, that's a little much for me, but I guess if that's all you'll give me, Princess it is then. As awkward as it feels to call a girl that."

"And ah... sorry, I haven't seen any mask around. Not yet anyway," the young man would then reply to 2-D, briefly scanning his eyes around the surrounding area just in case he might have missed anything, "Man, I guess it's convenient that I woke up with all of my things intact at least," he would continue with a relieved sigh, patting over his own body with his hands, before suddenly stopping.

105.png

"WHERE'S MY HUNTER LICEEEEEENNNSSEEEE???!!!"

@Kaykay @D.E.C. @TheSpringwoodSlasher @BarrenThin @The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman @Everyone

The Knight was relieved by Linne's reaction, but didn't have time to appreciate it. Ornstein bristled once again at Leorio's comment about being untrustworty. Much more than he had at 2-D's joke. The way his eyes narrowed at the much, much smaller man said he'd really struck a nerve with that. After all, Ornstein prided himself on his honor and reliability, not just his combat prowess. "Perhaps, little human," A slightly more cold tone entered his voice. He said 'little human' like he wasn't one himself. Sure he was tall, but, other than that, he looked human. "You should avoid disrespecting those you do not know."

"If I were my partner, I would have eaten you for that." The Knight laughed, though it was a bit morbid and very true. That's why Smough wasn't once of Gwyn's Knights. He, considering himself above human, was not shy about the fact that he ate the 'lesser beings'.

The Knight reached over and scooped up his golden spear, it crackling with electricity as he took care not to poke anyone in this cramped space. It was as big as he was, and quite thick, too. Probably weighed a lot. But it seemed he wasn't just tall, he had the strength the match, moving it quite effortlessly with one hand. "Don't touch the end. Unless you're a fan of lightning, anyhow." Ornstein himself placed a hand on it as he stuck the end under some furniture for safety's sake. Those watching may see some electricity arc between it and his hand, but would catch no reaction. His armor was designed to resist lightning almost as much as physical damage.

At Leorio's outburst, the Knight raised an eyebrow. Hunting... license? What was that? You needed permission to hunt in this strange world? Oh, Ornstein knew what poaching was; hunting certain beings in his world was very illegal, when Gwyn was still around to enforce it. He hadn't been for a long time, and Ornstein didn't really care about such laws anymore. But a license... for hunting? "You need permission to pursue game? Next you'll tell me you lot need a license to own a home, or care for your families!" He scoffed. Though he might take the idea of hunting for nothing but sport... differently, to say the least. He himself hunted dragons nearly into extinction along with his comrades, but that had been war, and the dragons had been their Soulless oppressers.

"Humans are so bizarre."

@Kaykay @D.E.C. @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Verite @The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman

"Don't worry so much about titles," Linne told 2-D. "But it's nice to meet you as well." She extended her own hand to shake his. He may be stupid, but that didn't mean she should be rude about it.

"Ah, no, I just find it amusing that after having my name for so long, I'd forget it randomly now. Sorry if that was concerning. And it really is weird to be called that, isn't it? Feel free to call me something less...awkward, as you put it." Linne didn't feel any serious attachment to the title, and being primarily called by it would just feel kind of wrong. Especially by people who, presumably, were not aware of the organization's existence. Judging by the more surprised expressions as opposed to something expressing more awareness, at least, they didn't seem to be involved in all that.

And while lost in her thoughts, Leorio yelled something about a hunting license.

"That's unfortunate, but why were you expecting game to appear in a hotel...?"

The weapon of the knight surprised Linne, perhaps even more so than Leorio's shouting. It seemed like he could use EXS, but he hadn't shown any notable reaction to the Night Blade either. And, furthering her previous observations of the large man, he seemed to be from another time if he figured hunting game would just be allowed by default.

"Who are you, and where do you come from? Why can you manipulate EXS?"

@The Silver Paladin @Thuro The Assassin Potato @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Verite @BarrenThin @Mighty Roman @D.E.C.

"Don't worry so much about titles," Linne told 2-D. "But it's nice to meet you as well." She extended her own hand to shake his. He may be stupid, but that didn't mean she should be rude about it.

"Ah, no, I just find it amusing that after having my name for so long, I'd forget it randomly now. Sorry if that was concerning. And it really is weird to be called that, isn't it? Feel free to call me something less...awkward, as you put it." Linne didn't feel any serious attachment to the title, and being primarily called by it would just feel kind of wrong. Especially by people who, presumably, were not aware of the organization's existence. Judging by the more surprised expressions as opposed to something expressing more awareness, at least, they didn't seem to be involved in all that.

And while lost in her thoughts, Leorio yelled something about a hunting license.

"That's unfortunate, but why were you expecting game to appear in a hotel...?"

The weapon of the knight surprised Linne, perhaps even more so than Leorio's shouting. It seemed like he could use EXS, but he hadn't shown any notable reaction to the Night Blade either. And, furthering her previous observations of the large man, he seemed to be from another time if he figured hunting game would just be allowed by default.

"Who are you, and where do you come from? Why can you manipulate EXS?"

His head turned back to the much smaller girl with a confused expression. "I... don't quite remember my name, but I remember hunting dragons. A lot of them. I believe it was my job, before we killed most of them. That, and guarding the Princess. As for where I'm from... I'm from a Kingdom named Lordran. Last I remember, I was standing guard with my partner, Smough, in the city of Anor Londo. Then, I... woke up here. I assure you, it's nothing like this place." He grumbled the next part unhappily. "They built buildings there with people like me in mind, for one."

He just got more confused at her last question. "EXS...? Do you mean Lightning? The spear is enchanted. Dragons, you see, have a hide so thick that natural weaponry struggles to pierce it. They have no such resilience against lightning, though! And a blessing, that is, because we would have lost the war without such an edge." As though to demonstrate the enchantment, he lifted it slowly, the spear crackling brightly now.

latest

"I, myself, am no Cleric. I'm not one for Miracles." The blade fired a blast of electricity over Leorio's head, those paying close attention seeing a slight movement beforehand. True lightning would have harmed him anyways, but its nature seemed different, the blast dissipating after traveling just a few more feet. "Oops," The Knight said unconvincingly. It wasn't like he cared if these humans died. They likely all had the Curse and would just be back, anyways. At least, he thought that.

Once again, he took great care not to touch anyone with the very sharp and still very dangerous blade of the spear, depositing it semi-safely. Though he did look a little ridiculous, on his knees but still having to stoop a little to keep from hitting his head, he was likely no one to be trifled with.

@The Silver Paladin @Thuro The Assassin Potato @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Verite @Kaykay @Mighty Roman @D.E.C.

Last edited by a moderator:
His head turned back to the much smaller girl with a confused expression. "I... don't quite remember my name, but I remember hunting dragons. A lot of them. I believe it was my job, before we killed most of them. That, and guarding the Princess. As for where I'm from... I'm from a Kingdom named Lordran. Last I remember, I was standing guard with my partner, Smough, in the city of Anor Londo. Then, I... woke up here. I assure you, it's nothing like this place." He grumbled the next part unhappily. "They built buildings there with people like me in mind, for one."

He just got more confused at her last question. "EXS...? Do you mean Lightning? The spear is enchanted. Dragons, you see, have a hide so thick that natural weaponry struggles to pierce it. They have no such resilience against lightning, though! And a blessing, that is, because we would have lost the war without such an edge." As though to demonstrate the enchantment, he lifted it slowly, the spear crackling brightly now.

latest

"I, myself, am no Cleric. I'm not one for Miracles." The blade fired a blast of electricity over Leorio's head, those paying close attention seeing a slight movement beforehand. True lightning would have harmed him anyways, but its nature seemed different, the blast dissipating after traveling just a few more feet. "Oops," The Knight said unconvincingly. It wasn't like he cared if these humans died. They likely all had the Curse and would just be back, anyways. At least, he thought that.

Once again, he took great care not to touch anyone with the very sharp and still very dangerous blade of the spear, depositing it semi-safely. Though he did look a little ridiculous, on his knees but still having to stoop a little to keep from hitting his head, he was likely no one to be trifles with.

@The Silver Paladin @Thuro The Assassin Potato @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Verite @Kaykay @Mighty Roman @D.E.C.

"Bloody idiot. Who the hell gets in a building where you can't stand up. We're not not visiting the mushroom kingdom last I checked."

All this was said to himself by the way. He wasn't exactly looking to shishkebabed by prince gilgamesh the naked.​

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Status
Not open for further replies.