A Night in Terror Town, a horror rp

J

Jeremi

Original poster
Please see the group's General Chat / RP Discussion / Discord Server for OOC talk.
You can check out the wiki for more info.

A Night in Terror Town

The rp will be starting October 15th. Sign-ups will continue past the game starting, but only for a little while.

Premise

You were hoping this be a just like any other normal day.

You were wrong.

You find yourself waking up on a chair inside a derelict bus station. Quickly you find that you aren't alone inside as more people are seemingly having the same experience as you. Gathering your thoughts, you make your way out of the station. The town outside does not look any better than the bus station interior.

It seems like the entire town is deserted leaving you stranded in a ghost town. The only thing you hear is the crows screams through the broken glass ceiling. Anyone with powers trying to use them find them to be greatly diminished which is peculiar by itself.

On top of that for some reason you can't shake the feeling that someone is watching you. Soon enough you realize that you have been dragged into a game of survival as horrifying monsters and death traps try to kill you at any chance they can. Even seeking sanctuary inside the buildings might not be enough to save you from the entity stalking you. How did you get here and how are you going to escape this living nightmare?

Character requirements

Your character needs to be horror or supernatural themed, but I will be rather flexible when it comes to what is considered supernatural. For example things like Gravity Falls, the Adams Family or Mortal Kombat would be perfectly viable and anything in-between.

Even characters that aren't from conventional horror or supernatural series like say Vamp from Metal Gear Solid or Sabrina from Pokemon work. If you're unsure where your choice stands just ask here and we'll work something out! As long as they live up to the spirit of Halloween then it should be good!

Duos are not allowed.

Mechanics

The threat of death exists by many hazards. Living or otherwise. The players will have to think up the best way to get out of trouble lest their lives will be forfeit.​

Rules (courtesy of @Verite and @Atomyk with some modifications)

1. Naturally, all of Iwaku's rules apply here.

2. Please be respectful towards everyone. As the GM my word is law, but I imagine there wont be a lot of problems.

3. If you're a newcomer, welcome! Though the Murder Series is a mass fandom roleplay with its own original lore that's been built up and up for a while, don't let all that intimidate you, you don't need any past knowledge of the Murder Series to enjoy it! That being said, as a fairly tight-knit community, we suggest and encourage you to join our Murder Group to keep up with updates and meet the community. Also see our Discord server!

4. No OOC talk in the IC, please. Take it to the group or Discord. By extension, OOC drama isn't permitted anywhere either. If you have a problem with someone, take it to PMs and settle it in a civil manner.

5. This should be a given, but no godmodding / metagaming! If you don't have a clear idea on what those are, see this post here.

6. Players of all posting levels are welcome here. That being said, please at least put something whenever you make a post. We'd like as little IC posts being nothing but image spam or so as possible. Speaking of image spam, please only post a maximum of three images / GIFs per post in order to not flood the page with images that make it harder to load.

7. Due to the intended speed of the game, it is practically a requirement to seek out other users to be your "posting partners" so that you have some people you can stick with. Using the tagging system is absolutely required. This is actually very important. It's fine (and encouraged) to only keep up with a few characters / players for the majority of the game, as that is far easier than trying to keep tabs on everyone. Summaries and important GM posts will be made prominent.

8. Please post once a chapter. Chapters will generally last from a few days up to a week, so you'll hopefully have time. Not doing so will result in your character possibly being removed from the game. At the very least, PM me if anything comes up and I'll do my best to keep you around.

Template

Appearance: Self-explanatory. Just a picture is fine.

Name: What is your character's name? Do they generally go by an alias / nickname?

Canon: What does your character originate from?

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: What is your character capable of, and if they have notable items they carry around, like weapons, is there anything special about them? While I'll be lenient with what to nerf and what not to, naturally, you know the drill. In any case, even just a Wiki link is fine.

Short Bio: What is your character's backstory in a nutshell leading up to how they came to come here? Once again, pretty much just a Wiki link is acceptable.

Other Info: Optional. Just basically any extra info you feel is necessary that I as the GM should know about.

Cast list:
@Archmage Jeremiah as Rottytops (Shantae)

@Atomyk as Robert Small (Dream Daddy)
@BarrenThin as Vlad Von Carstein (Warhammer)
@Bomb as Kuro (Pokemon)
@Crow as Jack the Ripper (Fate/Apocrypha)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Trevor Belmont (Castlevania)
@dark as Delsin Rowe (Infamous: Second Son)
@Darkseide as William 'Penny' Adiyoi (The Magicians)
@EternalInfinity as Kel'thuzad (World of Warcraft)
@GreatSalmon as Doopliss (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
@Gummi Bunnies as Kyle Knock (Lost Alice)
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as King (One Punch Man)
@Josh M as Bray Wyatt (WWE)
@Kaykay as Numahime Tenma (Kajiri Kamui Kagura)
@Khan of the Mardu as Akira Kurusu (Persona 5)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Makoto Niijima (Persona 5)
@Lissamel as Sammy Lawrence (Bendy and the Ink Machine)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Theo Raeken (Teen Wolf)
@Midnight Maiden as Tarlotte (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
@Minerva as Yuri (Doki Doki Literature Club)
@Otto as Varus (League of Legends)
@Sen as Saeran Choi (Mystic Messenger)
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi (Shiki)
@ThatAverageGuy as The Devil (Cuphead)
@thatguyinthestore as Chucky (Child's Play)
@Verite as Ethan Chandler (Penny Dreadful)
@York as Simon Henriksson (Cry of Fear)
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler)

Last edited by a moderator:

tumblr_o76xxyIPX41u9werno1_500.gif

With chapter 1 now up sign-ups are officially closed.

Thanks to everyone who signed up!