A Night in Terror Town, a horror rp

J

Jeremi

Original poster
Please see the group's General Chat / RP Discussion / Discord Server for OOC talk.
You can check out the wiki for more info.

A Night in Terror Town

The rp will be starting October 15th. Sign-ups will continue past the game starting, but only for a little while.

Premise

You were hoping this be a just like any other normal day.

You were wrong.

You find yourself waking up on a chair inside a derelict bus station. Quickly you find that you aren’t alone inside as more people are seemingly having the same experience as you. Gathering your thoughts, you make your way out of the station. The town outside does not look any better than the bus station interior.

It seems like the entire town is deserted leaving you stranded in a ghost town. The only thing you hear is the crows screams through the broken glass ceiling. Anyone with powers trying to use them find them to be greatly diminished which is peculiar by itself.

On top of that for some reason you can’t shake the feeling that someone is watching you. Soon enough you realize that you have been dragged into a game of survival as horrifying monsters and death traps try to kill you at any chance they can. Even seeking sanctuary inside the buildings might not be enough to save you from the entity stalking you. How did you get here and how are you going to escape this living nightmare?

Character requirements

Your character needs to be horror or supernatural themed, but I will be rather flexible when it comes to what is considered supernatural. For example things like Gravity Falls, the Adams Family or Mortal Kombat would be perfectly viable and anything in-between.

Even characters that aren't from conventional horror or supernatural series like say Vamp from Metal Gear Solid or Sabrina from Pokemon work. If you're unsure where your choice stands just ask here and we'll work something out! As long as they live up to the spirit of Halloween then it should be good!

Duos are not allowed.

Mechanics

The threat of death exists by many hazards. Living or otherwise. The players will have to think up the best way to get out of trouble lest their lives will be forfeit.​

Rules (courtesy of @Verite and @Atomyk with some modifications)

1. Naturally, all of Iwaku's rules apply here.

2. Please be respectful towards everyone. As the GM my word is law, but I imagine there wont be a lot of problems.

3. If you're a newcomer, welcome! Though the Murder Series is a mass fandom roleplay with its own original lore that's been built up and up for a while, don't let all that intimidate you, you don't need any past knowledge of the Murder Series to enjoy it! That being said, as a fairly tight-knit community, we suggest and encourage you to join our Murder Group to keep up with updates and meet the community. Also see our Discord server!

4. No OOC talk in the IC, please. Take it to the group or Discord. By extension, OOC drama isn't permitted anywhere either. If you have a problem with someone, take it to PMs and settle it in a civil manner.

5. This should be a given, but no godmodding / metagaming! If you don't have a clear idea on what those are, see this post here.

6. Players of all posting levels are welcome here. That being said, please at least put something whenever you make a post. We'd like as little IC posts being nothing but image spam or so as possible. Speaking of image spam, please only post a maximum of three images / GIFs per post in order to not flood the page with images that make it harder to load.

7. Due to the intended speed of the game, it is practically a requirement to seek out other users to be your "posting partners" so that you have some people you can stick with. Using the tagging system is absolutely required. This is actually very important. It's fine (and encouraged) to only keep up with a few characters / players for the majority of the game, as that is far easier than trying to keep tabs on everyone. Summaries and important GM posts will be made prominent.

8. Please post once a chapter. Chapters will generally last from a few days up to a week, so you'll hopefully have time. Not doing so will result in your character possibly being removed from the game. At the very least, PM me if anything comes up and I'll do my best to keep you around.

Template

Appearance: Self-explanatory. Just a picture is fine.

Name: What is your character's name? Do they generally go by an alias / nickname?

Canon: What does your character originate from?

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: What is your character capable of, and if they have notable items they carry around, like weapons, is there anything special about them? While I'll be lenient with what to nerf and what not to, naturally, you know the drill. In any case, even just a Wiki link is fine.

Short Bio: What is your character's backstory in a nutshell leading up to how they came to come here? Once again, pretty much just a Wiki link is acceptable.

Other Info: Optional. Just basically any extra info you feel is necessary that I as the GM should know about.

Cast list:
@Archmage Jeremiah as Rottytops (Shantae)

@Atomyk as Robert Small (Dream Daddy)
@BarrenThin as Vlad Von Carstein (Warhammer)
@Bomb as Kuro (Pokemon)
@Crow as Jack the Ripper (Fate/Apocrypha)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Trevor Belmont (Castlevania)
@dark as Delsin Rowe (Infamous: Second Son)
@Darkseide as William 'Penny' Adiyoi (The Magicians)
@EternalInfinity as Kel'thuzad (World of Warcraft)
@GreatSalmon as Doopliss (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
@Gummi Bunnies as Kyle Knock (Lost Alice)
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as King (One Punch Man)
@Josh M as Bray Wyatt (WWE)
@Kaykay as Numahime Tenma (Kajiri Kamui Kagura)
@Khan of the Mardu as Akira Kurusu (Persona 5)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Makoto Niijima (Persona 5)
@Lissamel as Sammy Lawrence (Bendy and the Ink Machine)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Theo Raeken (Teen Wolf)
@Midnight Maiden as Tarlotte (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
@Minerva as Yuri (Doki Doki Literature Club)
@Otto as Varus (League of Legends)
@Sen as Saeran Choi (Mystic Messenger)
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi (Shiki)
@ThatAverageGuy as The Devil (Cuphead)
@thatguyinthestore as Chucky (Child's Play)
@Verite as Ethan Chandler (Penny Dreadful)
@York as Simon Henriksson (Cry of Fear)
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kel'thuzad

"Now...Bow before Kel'thuzad!"

Canon:

world-of-warcraft-logo1.png

Powers / Abilities / Equipment:

Since Kel'Thuzad is a Lich, he has access to some strong spells, this includes:

(Most of his magic will be taken from Warcraft 3 and Heroes of the Storm)

Frost Nova: Summons a icy wave than can temporary freeze an enemy.

Frost Armor: Envelopes himself in a icy barrier that shields some damage and can slow enemies if touched.

Chains of Kel'Thuzad: Can use his chains to trap an enemy, and then send that chain towards any object, may it be a organic or a structure. Lasts for a few seconds.

Frost Blast: Kel'Thuzad summons a giant meteor of ice and throws it at the enemy, dealing huge damage should it connect.

Kel'Thuzad only has a certain amount of mana he can use before he has to recover. So he needs to carefully reserve his spells for important matters.

Kel'Thuzad is somewhat immortal, as he cannot die though natural cause thanks to being an undead, he must be slain in battle in order to truly die.

Short Bio:

Possible spoilers from the Warcraft series inbound,

In a nutshell...

Got into some freaky stuff, plagued a bunch of villages, was killed by a whiny guy, was resurrected by an undead whiny guy, summoned a giant blue smurf to bring havoc, did more freaky stuff, was given a sweet new suite by the Lich King and was later killed from random punks in his suite alongside his roommates.

If you wish to read the full, unabridged story of Kel'Thuzad, click this link: Kel'Thuzad

Other Info: This is technically my first time here and I wanted to see what the hype was for these kinds of RP.

(Also GM, if you want me to edit or discuss things in the post, such as making the short bio unabridged from the getgo or discuss how my character wil work in this RP, let me know. I'm up for changes.)​

I don't see anything as of right now so you are good to go!

"Killing others is never justice, no matter what kind of noble cause one upholds."

Appearance:
Muroi.Seishin.full.267946.jpg

Name: Seishin Muroi

Canon: Shiki

Jinrou

Seishin doesn't have any weapons on him currently.

Short Bio:

Seishin Muroi

Other Info: Switching characters. Let me know if he's alright, since I plan to try and nerf him quite a bit. He's new to being a Jinrou (Werewolf) as well, so that might help with that.

Last edited:
Tenma.Numahime.600.717489.jpg

Name: Numahime Tenma

Canon:
Kajiri Kamui Kagura

Taikyoku: Eternal Black String of Hell - Numahime can control her shadow, enlarging and reshaping it at will. Anyone that touches it cannot move unless she allows them to.

Distortions - As the originator of Distortions, abilities that alter the rules of the world, she can use them. She considers them "bothersome modifications." The two main Distortions she makes use of are manipulating possibility and the concept of cutting.

Kamunagara - The manifestation of her Taikyoku. For her, it manifests as an enormous shrine maiden with squid-like tentacles for feet. Each tentacle is longer than dozens of people strung together and can multiply themselves.

kamunagra_tenma_numahime_1013x579xffca0d41d82651153a1b0c1.jpg

Time Armor - As a member of the Yatsukahagi, Numahime is protected from undesired change to her state of being. This weakens the further she gets from the source of her armor, Yato Tenma.

Short Bio:
A member of the Yatsukahagi, a group of demons. Considered a monster that prevents humankind from progressing to the West, having obliterated the Eastern Expedition 300 years ago and all of their ship fleets. A new modern Eastern Expedition has risen up and also seeks to pass to the West, forcing the Yatsukahagi and the expedition into a conflict once again.

o2EB9Rj.png

Name
Robert Small

Canon
Dream Daddy

Powers / Abilities / Equipment
Robert may be a regular guy, but he is also an accomplished boozehound and cryptid hunter who carries around a whittling knife. Don't cross him or he may just harvest your organs.

Short Bio
Having endured hardship after hardship, Robert has enclosed himself emotionally in his later years. After losing his wife and becoming estranged from his daughter, Robert spends his days getting drunk off whiskey in dive bars, trolling others for cheap laughs, and maintaining a string of non-committal hookups. Robert avoids getting close to others, only having room in his heart for his boston terrier, Betsy, and his fellow bar-hopper, Mary.

cABuKoe.jpg

o2EB9Rj.png

Name
Robert Small

Canon
Dream Daddy

Robert may be a regular guy, but he is also an accomplished boozehound and cryptid hunter who carries around a whittling knife. Don't cross him or he may just harvest your organs.

Short Bio
Having endured hardship after hardship, Robert has enclosed himself emotionally in his later years. After losing his wife and becoming estranged from his daughter, Robert spends his days getting drunk off whiskey in dive bars, trolling others for cheap laughs, and maintaining a string of non-committal hookups. Robert avoids getting close to others, only having room in his heart for his boston terrier, Betsy, and his fellow bar-hopper, Mary.

cABuKoe.jpg

I knew it

TheCharacter switch!

"I'm not the bad guy, Stiles. I'm just a realist. I'm a survivor. If you knew the things that I know..."

Appearance:
tumblr_inline_o0lyelK8YI1s51vo4_500.gif

Name: Theo Raeken

Canon: Teen Wolf

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: Theo is a talented liar.
Advanced Combat Skills: Theo has shown himself to be a skilled fighter, making use of his Werewolf-Werecoyote instincts as well as his pseudo-supernatural abilities to great effect and what appears to be a degree of formal close quarters combat training. He was able to beat both Belasko and Josh, though he had initially taken them by surprise. His combat skills also allowed him to temporarily hold his own against the Dread Doctors, and survive multiple fights with the Ghost Riders..
  • Skilled Manipulator: Theo is shown to be extremely good at manipulation people, as he was able to fool and manipulate the McCall pack into believing he was a regular Werewolf who just wanted to join the pack for weeks. He was also able to manipulate the members of his own pack into doing what he wanted them to.
  • Theo posseses a weak form of all normal werewolf powers such as super strength, super senses, healing, agility and speed.
  • Theo also possess night vision.
  • Theo can absorb pain from others.
  • Theo can fully shift into a wolf abd coyote.
  • He has the animal instincts of both a wolf and a coyote
Short Bio: Theo

Other Info: Theo is a chimera a fusion of a werewolf and a werecoyote. He is drawn from post season 6. ( Later in the timeline than any other Teen Wolf character). Theo is an atheist. Theo is homeless. Theo watched his sister die and drown with a broken leg, so he could become a chimera by having the dread doctors implant her heart into him. Though never canonically confirmed, most people consider Theo to either be bi or gay.

Last edited:
sorry women characters.

why can't they be gay. it's 2017 lol

Say no to trump, I mean hate. eh same thing

"The guilty will know agony."
Appearance:
qHzq9lD.jpg

Name:
Varus, the Arrow of Retribution​

Early 30s?, probably ageless after corruption.

Canon:
League_of_Legends_logo.png

November 30th 2017 Edit: Varus's lore was officially changed. This representation of him is technically an AU since it follows the old lore.

• Hr0gAjF.png
    Living Vengeance: His bow is apart of him; he can absorb it and summon it at will. Upon killing an enemy, Varus gains bonus attack speed.​
  • yCU6UiK.png
    Piercing Arrow: Charges up a powerful, long-ranged arrow that can pierce multiple enemies.​
  • pBvFHL7.png
    Blighted Quiver: He can conjure Blighted arrows to use as ammunition, which deal both physical and magic damage. Enemies struck by his arrows become Blighted. Blighted enemies take bonus damage from Varus's abilities, based on their maximum health.​
  • bukoWdk.png
    Hail of Arrows: Fires multiple arrows at once; enemies struck by them obtain Grievous Wounds, which makes healing much more difficult. If the arrows fall onto the ground, the area becomes desecrated, slowing enemies who step onto the area.​
  • 02Q9reO.png
    Chain of Corruption: Shoots a tendril out of his hand to damage and snare an enemy temporarily. Afterward, it moves to different targets independently.​

• His hands can probably be used as flesh-searing claws.​

Short Bio:
Quoted from here.

For his incomparable skill with the bow and his unquestioned sense of honor, Varus was chosen to be the warden of a sacred Ionian temple. The temple was built to contain an ancient pit of corruption so vile that Ionian Elders feared it could envelop the island in darkness. Varus prided himself on his position, as only the most exceptional Ionian warriors were selected for the role. He lived with his family in a nearby village and led a quiet life of disciplined routine until the day the forces of Noxus invaded Ionia. Their shock troops left nothing but death and desolation in their wake, and the temple lay in their path. Varus was forced to make a decision. He was bound by honor to stay and defend the temple, but without him the village's few inhabitants could offer little resistance against the oncoming war machine. Gravely, he chose to fulfill his duty as a warden. The corruption could not be allowed to escape.

His arrows sundered the troops who tried to wrest the temple from him that day. However, when he returned to the village, he found that it had been reduced to a smoldering graveyard. Remorse at the sight of his slain family gave way to overwhelming regret, and then to seething hatred. He swore to slaughter every Noxian invader, but first he needed to become stronger. He turned to that which he had sacrificed everything to protect. The pit of corruption would consume him wholly, as a flame devours a wick, but its abominable power would burn within him until he was lost. This was a path from which there could be no return. With grim resolve, he condemned himself to the black flames, feeling malevolent energy bond to his skin...and with it, the promise of ruin.

He left, seeking the blood of all Noxians involved with the invasion, a grisly task that eventually led him to the invasion's most infamous perpetrators.

5lMARfWqQCKB32o6hWHIPg.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mu
fuck my life im swapping
capture_by_teh_zombish-dbcegez.jpg

Name
Tarlotte

Canon
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora

-Absolute Energy/Eternal Mana: A special aura that only they possess that is the source of all of their powers. There is a major catch, though - to receive this energy(which they require to not only fight and use as energy, but most importantly, to heal. Without it? No healing. No energy. No nothing. The only way to receive this energy is through kissing someone on the lips. These kisses often leave the other party lightheaded or outright unconscious, depending on their energy level and how much is drained.
-Absolute Transference: Able to surpass all known laws of physics
-Flight: Obviously, the ability to fly
-Immortal: Also obvious. She doesn't age
-Absolute Regeneration: This means that she heals/regenerates much faster and more efficiently than humans.
-Absolute Destruction: Can release their 'internal energy stores' and cause mass devastation
-Batraz Right Leg Sword: Like all other Absolute Angels, Tarlotte possesses a battle mech, of sorts. This is a physical manifestation of her soul/energy, in a way, or is at least conjured up by such.

Short Bio
The semi-partner- though, more like abuser -of Sōjirō Ayanokōji, Tarlotte is one of four Absolute Angels. Horribly mistreated, she was accepted and cared for by only one person, ever - Sōjirō. Since then, she roped the poor man- who, going by the bases set by the other Absolute Angels and their partners, should have been her master -into her countless childish shenanigans, often wreaking havoc wherever she goes. Particularly, she has it out for Kuu Shiratori, Setsuna of the Moment of Dreams, and Kyoshiro Ayanokōji, who interrupted one of her bouts of mischief.

Other Info
-Obviously not going to be anywhere near full power
-Taken from about a year after Monokuma​

MeO13Uy.jpg

"They are rage: brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is done."

⛧Name⛧
"Doomguy"

⛧Age⛧
Old

⛧Canon⛧
DOOM

⛧Powers / Abilities / Equipment⛧
Two hands and a shotgun. Enough to rip and tear through hell and back ten times over.

⛧Backstory⛧
It does not matter.

⛧Other Info⛧