A Newbie Horribly Abuses the Showcase Prefix; My Art

• Iwaku is now back from updates! Don't forget to check out the update news here to see what we couldn't fix, and take yourself over to the bug fix thread to report any new problems.
  • If you are still having issues editing your post, please try the following:
    1. Do a hard refresh of your browser to clear your cache.
    2. Change your username to include only alphanumeric characters, spaces, underscores, and dashes. Special characters are messing with things.
S

Sir Basil

Original poster
I've been on this site for barely a day, and yet, I'm already trying to scare up everything it has to offer! I was excited to see that there was a Writer/Artist Corner on Iwaku, since I (wrongly) claim to be most of things. The natural instinct, of course, was to be a big ol' show off. (I mean that in the nicest way possible, I assure you!)
I'd love some honest opinions on some of my art. Feel free to give some constructive crit, i love it when people do that. :) Thanks guys!

mephistopheles_by_tiamatrouge-d32rt24.jpg
courtly_love_by_tiamatrouge-d37u0hj.jpg
The_Flare_by_tiamatrouge.jpg

F

Fluffy

Original poster
I find myself loving the backgrounds of these pictures the most! They're so pretty and unique looking. ^.^ Does that creature in the top picture have a name or is that something you made up yourself?

I'm glad you're posting your art. Put up as much as you want, my dear kumquat. *giggle*

S

Sir Basil

Original poster
Thanks so much Fluffy! The creature in the top picture is intended to be a depiction of Mephistophles from Faust (or from D&D, i suppose). I tried to put a bit of a twist on the traditional depictions of devils; giving him the hand collar, the mouth on the throat, and the inverted eyes.
I'm sensing the kumquat thing will become my legacy. The notion is rather horrifying, yet amusing.