A New Year Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh I do, it's right here." she said as she opened her backpack up and went to pull it out. But she stopped when she didn't find her lunch. "What?"s he asked softly as she dug through her backpack. A small frown falling onto her face. "I guess I forgot it at home." she said before starting to laugh. "I was in such a rush today that I didn't pick it up this morning."

Poppy smiled a bit and shook her head. "You always do this, I have some extra if you want it." she told her. "Oh no, it's fine. I am sure I could go get something from a vending machine or something." she said as she dug though her backpack looking for spare change. While she was doing that Poppy was already pulling out a napkin and placing food down on it for her to eat.

He sighed and shook his head. Quickly opening his box he started to grab food from it and set it on the napkin along with the food Poppy was giving her. He turned and reached into his bag withdrawing a spare set of silverware and chopsticks setting them next to the food.

Once she sat up he knocked on the table with his knuckles, "Autumn eat up." He smiled, "It's on us." He nodded at Poppy, "I can't have you going without proper lunch."

She looked over at the place Tomoya knocked at and looked at the food shocked. Smiling ever so slightly she nodded her head. "Thank you guys so much." she said softly as she sat there. "Yeah it's fine." Poppy said laughing as she sat there. "Next time we are all out, you are buying our lunch though." she said laughing.

Autumn laughed with her and nodded her head in agreement. "It's a deal." she said as she picked up the chopsticks. "Thank you for the extra sliverware as well." she told him. "You know I never thought about caring a spare one around before. I might have to do that next time." she said happily as she started to eat.

He smiled, "Honestly it is no problem. My sister gave me way too much anyways." he laughed a little and took a bite of some rice, "The whole silverware thing is just a habit of mine. I always carry an extra set. You never know." he looked over at Poppy, "So how did you two meet?"

Taking another bite he looked at Autumn, "I mean it clearly had to be something crazy for you two to be such good friends all this time."

"She broke my arm when we were at recess." Autumn told him like it was no big deal. Poppy started laughing nodding her head a bit. "Well it was your fault, I told you to move!" she told her. 'No you didn't, there wasn't any warning, you just jumped out of that stupid swing and landed on top of me!" Autumn argued back. "You still could of moved." Poppy muttered as she took another mouthful of food.

"It was her fault." Autumn told Tomoya with a grin. "It was the arm I wrote with, so as punishment for Poppy our teacher had her help me with all the writing assignments." she explained to him. "We really did hate each other at first." Poppy added. "No matter how many times I said sorry, she wouldn't talk to me that much." Autumn nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but she grows on person." Autumn said happily.

He nearly spit out some food when she so blatantly said that, "She broke your arm?" he shook his head astonished, "I never would have guess that breaking someone's arm would result in a best friend." he chuckled as they exchanged a little.

"Well that is certainly an interesting story. Sadly I don't have many stories quite as exciting or life meaningful as that." he leaned back in his chair, "She grows on you huh? Is that really the case? Then I might be screwed if she stays too close to me." he laughed and crossed his arms, "Man...I wish I had a friend like that."

"Why don't you?" Poppy asked as she sat there. "You are like the most popular guy in this school. I thought you would at least have one really good friend." she told him. "Yeah." Autumn agreed. "How did you become so popular too?" she asked him. "I mean your good looks of alone could of done it." she said playfully bumping into him.

"Or did you do something really cool. Like...saving someone from a burning building?" Autumn asked. "Or really good at sports and got a national championship?" Poppy asked next. "Maybe he is some kind of spy." Autumn said leaning back in her chair and studying Tomoya. "Maybe, but I don't think so. I think with how everyone swarms him that it would be to hard to keep his cover." Poppy told her. "Well he isn't a pop star, we have already been through that...what about a rock star?" Autumn asked wiggling her eye brows.

He just burst up laughing once they were done. As he died down a little he smiled, "Well to be honest I did have one friend who was like that. We went everywhere together and he was there with me through thick and thin....That is...before he died." he leaned forward setting his arms on the desk, "He was probably the best friend I could have ever had but it doesn't matter now. I have let go of the past." he sighed, "On a more upbeat note I have no clue how I got so popular. I am not some famous musician or star like that." he looked up, "I am fairly good at sports...I guess...."

In reality he had been to national tournaments for some stuff but he didn't like to talk about it. He thought for a little, "I spend a lot of time in martial arts so I can hold mt own in a fight." he smiled again, "If you really think about it I am kind of average. I guess people really just like me for some reason. I guess I am just that guy that everyone likes."

Both Autumns and Poppy's smile fell when he told them about his friend. "I am sorry to hear that." Autumn said softly. "They aren't really gone though. I like to think of it as they have just left their bodies. And that bodies are just housing for a soul. And when someone dies, their soul is still with us. We just can't see then." she said softly as she sat there.

There was a small silents again before any of the girls said anything else. "Well!" Poppy said finally breaking it. "That is not a bad thing." she told him happily. "I mean being a guy that everyone likes. That is pretty awesome." she said happily. "It's kind of rare for anyone to like Autumn over there." she half whispered to him. "Poppy!" Autumn said seeming outraged by her comment, which gave her a good laugh from her friend. "Just remember I know every little dirty thing about you, and I could ruin you." Autumn threatened her.

Poppy rose her hands, shaking them. "Oh I am so scared." she said laughing. "You have a heart of gold Autumn, you wouldn't do that at all." she told her. "You really think that?" Autumn asked. Poppy gave a hard look at her before nodding her head. "I am." she said laughing, which Autumn fell back in her seat in defeat. "Yes I guess you are right." she said laughing.

He smiled, "It is okay really. I mean no one can replace him but he has moved on so I have as well." he shook his head as they went back and forth again. Looking up at Poppy he smiled, "Poppy you do realize that the file on you has every little thing about you. If I wanted to ruin you I could." he chuckled, "I could ruin anybody just by reading a couple papers."

Shrugging he leaned back in his chair, "But that isn't why you are here. If I didn't like you. You would not be sitting right there at this moment. You wouldn't have even been accepted to the school." He looked over at Autumn, "Besides I think this little creature over here has made enough of an impact on you I shouldn't have to worry."

Poppy was a little taken back when he said that he could ruin her or anyone at the school. Even more so that he had such an impact about who could enter their school as well. "What is your dad dean of the school as well?" she asked him playfully. "Or do you just use your charm to tell the dean who shouldn't come?" she asked laughing as she sat there.

Autumn smiled when he made the comment about her having an impact on Poppy. "I like to think I did." she said softly as she sat there watching her friend. She finished her food and was just leaning back, relaxing in her chair. "This is a lot better then sitting with the other students." She commented softly. "I remember in middle school we were all yelling over one another to talk." she said laughing.

He chuckled, "My dear Poppy. There is no dean of this school. In a sense the dean is me." he chuckled and shook his head, "The only person above me in power is the principal." He laughed, "My father works for a contracting company in another country so he isn't even here right now."

He smiled at Autumn, "It is a lot nicer so I am quite happy that I was elected into the Student Council again. Last year I was the VP. The president was a senior who liked to mess with her underclassmen. Especially me."

"Wow." Poppy said with wide eyes as she sat there. "Well I will just have to watch my p's and q's around you then." she half laughed as she sat there. Autumn gave him her full attention once again as he started talking, nodding her head ever so slightly. "I am glad you got elected too then." she told him happily. Though her smile only grew more as he talked about the last president.

"That is great!" she said laughing as she sat there. "How would she pick on you?" she asked tilting her head to the side. "Or did she have a little crush on you too Mr. Heart Breaker?" she asked with a grin.

He laughed, "You just love to make nicknames for me don't you." he smiled and brought his legs up placing them under him. He looked at them, "Well she was one of those who liked to pick on people in a more sensual or sexual way. However you put it it wound up the same." he took another bite of food."

"Honestly she loved me. I think she had like a slight fetish for younger men but who knows. I believe she wanted me to pay more attention to her and eventually be her lover but I was content with just doing my job." he paused taking another large bite, "That is until the last couple weeks of school." he shook his head, "She had become so crazy it was becoming unmanageable. So I approached her one day and she hugged me crying. She kept whispering 'Why...' when I asked her what was the matter she looked into my eyes and said, 'Why don't you love me...' of course the words came as a shock to me. Then she kissed me. It had been my first kiss but it happened nonetheless and when she was done she dropped her head leaning it on my chest right here..."

As he pointed to a spot on his sternum he continued, "She cried again for a second then she whispered something. I was never really able to hear it but when I asked what she said she shook her head and stood up wiping her tears away. As she walked down the hall she stopped and turned and said this, 'Remember this Tomoya because I will be coming back for you.' and with that she left. I never saw her again since that day."

"I really do." Autumn told him laughing as she sat there. "You will have to tell me which one you like best." she told him, the grin never falling from her face. Though she was listening to his story and taking everything in, an odd look falling onto her face. She wasn't too sure how she felt about the woman after hearing it. "She kind of sounds scary." she half whispered to him. "Well I get it, she did like you a bunch. But she kind of forced herself onto you with the kiss." she said tilting her head to the side.

"I think it's cute that she said she would be back for you one day." she told him. "Hopefully you don't have a girlfriend by the time she comes back. Who knows what might happen." she said laughing. Autumn smiled and nodded her head a bit as she listened to the to. "I think he will be okay if he picks a girl one day. I mean if she loves you a lot, she would want you to be happy, right Tomoya?" she asked looking at him with a grin.

"It would make for a really good campfire story though." Poppy said as she sat there. It's a hunting message really." she said softly. "And then you can trail it off after the whole 'I'll be back for you' and then someone jumps out of a bush scaring the crap out of everyone else!"

"Yeah well the thing is I don't think she would like that. During last year every time a girl even got close to me she would freak out and yell at them. I think she got a little obsessed and wanted me to herself." shaking his head he smiled, "Oh well that was in the past but who knows what will actually happen." shrugging he reached and took a drink of a soda he had.

Setting it down he smiled at them both, "I guess no one really knows what will happen until it does."

Poppy frowned at hearing that and nodded her head ever so slightly. "Well then, you better watch our VP." she told him. "Since Autumn is female and is going to be spending an awful lot of time with you, I don't want that crazy girl to hurt her." Poppy told him.
How ever Autumn just shook her head. "I think I will be fine.' she said laughing. "I mean she hasn't been back at all, so I think everything will be fine." she said cheerfully.

It wasn't long before the bell rang again to signature that lunch was over for the day. Sighing Poppy started to get up, picking up her belongings. "Very well then, I hope you are right." Autumn smiled and nodded her head. "I am sure I am." she said happily as she got up and started to clean up her mess. "I guess we should start heading back for her final lessons for today." she said looking at Tomoya with a smile.

"Yes please do. I understand that as freshmen you have to have a class every period." Smiling he nodded at them and cleaned up his lunch, "Lucky for me I have this period open so I can stay here or go anywhere I so choose." he stood up and threw the empty box of food into his bag, "Well Poppy I look forward to working with you and don't worry about Autumn. I will protect my Council."

Smiling he walked to the door sliding it open, "Have a good class and be sure that you listen to the teachers. Especially you Autumn. I noticed you were falling asleep in one the other period."

Poppy nodded her head as she pointed to her eyes and then to him. "You better mister." she told him firmly, before the smile came back to her face. She started to head out the door waiting for Autumn. When Tomoya brought up that she was starting to fall a sleep in class, a bright blush fell onto her face. "Don-...no one was suppose to see that." she said laughing and rubbing the back of her head.

"I will try to stay awake this time I promise. I will see you later then Tomoya, have fun." she said happily before Poppy grabbed her hand and yanked her into the hallway with her. Laughing, both the girls started to take down the hallway, standing close to each other and talking. It was almost like they were sisters.

He nodded, "It is kind of hard to not notice." he laughed and softly ruffled her hair before she was pulled out, "Be good you two." he slid the door shut and turned to see a black haired girl standing in front of the desk at the end of the room. Jumping back against the door in surprise, "Who is it?!" a hand goes to his chest where his heart had started to beat fast. The girl pushed off and walked towards him, "What? You don't recognize me Tomoya?"

She walked to right in front of him and leaned down revealing her face, "You don't remember your dear little President?" she smiled as she said this with a cutesy little voice. His face paled a little, "Yoko...What are you doing here?" he was shocked that she had gotten in without him noticing, "How long have you been here?" she got a little closer, "The whole time."

Status
Not open for further replies.