A New Year Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright." she said laughing as she started to walk with him. She was walking close to him, just in case his group of friends would reassemble. She didn't want to get pushed out of of the way, or lose him with in the group and get lost in the school. "This school is so big, I am glad that I can have someone help show me around." she said cheerfully.

Just being around him made her feel better, and for the time being he was able to forget the cruel words of the other girls. "And I am one of the lucky ones to sit by you huh?" she asked playfully as she kept walking at his side as the hallway started to fill up with kids going to the gym.

He smiled widely as his surprise unfolded, "Well sadly no one gets to sit next to me for one reason that will soon be revealed." He felt at ease without his friends at his side and continued down the hall shortening his step size so he didn't get to far away from her. Looking over he saw a faint blush and a smile on her face. Glad that he was making an impact he continued to lead her.

Once they reached the door to the gym he gestured inside, "Have fun. You will see me very soon." He turned and walked away from the door leaving her to go find a seat in the freshman row at the front of the gym. After a few minutes the school principal walked up onstage and cleared his throat in the microphone, "If you would hurry and find your seats we will begin shortly."

"Oh okay." she said looking at him a bit shocked when he said no one was going to be sitting beside him. When she got into the gym she nodded her head as he told her that he would see her soon. "Alright. You have fun too then." she said laughing as she started to head to the freshmen's row just as the principal started to talk. It didn't take her too long to spot a friend to her surprise. "Autumn over here!" a girl called out. She was standing up and frantically waving to her friend to get her attention.

She was shocked for a moment, before a bright smile fell onto her face and she rushed over to her friend. "Poppy, I didn't know you were coming here!" she told her happily. Poppy hugged her happily when she got close enough and nodded her head. "My dad just got his job here, I was just as surprised as you!" she told her happily. She moved over, making room for her friend to sit down with her. Autumn seemed more then please to have at least one friend with her as she took her seat. Waiting to see just what would happen at the assembly.

The principal's deep voice rang out as he explained how he hoped they would be successful her yada yada yada when out of the blue he said, "We will now have a speech from our student body president. Tomoya would you be so kind as to come up now please." His arm swept to the side as Tomoya walked up from the side of the stage to the sound of hundreds of squeals and whistles and other things of the sort. He made it to the podium and raised his hands for silence.

He smiled as the crowd grew quieter, "Thank you all for arriving today." He gestured out to the crowd with his arm, "This school would be incomplete without each and every one of you. I look forward to working with my fellow sophomores and teaching those new freshman before me." He saw Autumn and winked super quickly before continuing, "I see this place as having two types of people. Those who lead and those who follow." He looked out at the teachers, "Those who lead have courage beyond measure." He looked back to the students, "Then those who follow have initiative above all. As is tradition I have read everyone's entrance letters and I have made my decision of who will be my Vice President." He opened his arms as whispering began with the. Wondering who he would pick. Smiling widely he pointed at Autumn, "My new Vice President is Autumn." His smile just widened.

Autumn was more then shocked when Tomoya came out as the student body president. Though she thought it would be so much of a shocker with how popular he was. She caught his wink, and looked away, though there was smile playing on her face as she sat there. As if to let him know that she got it, and in fact did enjoy it. Poppy looked at her friend confused and laughed softly as she bumped into her before returning their attention back to Tomoya. His next words though would cause an unexpected shock wave in her, making her unsure of how to respond.

When he declared that he made up his mind on who the vise president was going to be, and pointed at her, her eyes just went wide. She stared at him shocked unsure of what she should do or say. Her friend on the other hand was clapping loudly and cheering for her. "Yeah Autumn!" she yelled happily as she sat there. Though Autumn seemed to not hear her as she kept looking at Tomoya. Her friend took charge of her though and yanked her up from her feet and shoved her on to the floor to go take her position by his side. That seemed to jolt her out of her thoughts and soon she was walking up and to Tomoya's side.

Getting to his side, she seemed to relax a bit and gave him a shaky smile at him before looking to the student body. "It's nice to meet all of you." she finally said as she stood there, the blush starting to burn on her face again. "I will do my job to my best abilities and then some as well." she told them kindly.

He smiled at the crowd and started to clap lightly as she said her few words. Before long more and more people started to clap and stand up in congratulatory celebration. Turning to her he smiled making almost every girl in the crowd jealous, "Welcome to the student body council."

She looked at him and smiled nodding her head. "Thank you for having me join. Honestly it was a shock, but I am glad I can join you." she said cheerfully as she stayed at his side. Her nervous starting to calm down bit by bit. "So do I just follow you around then and help you with anything you might need done, Mr. President?" she asked jokingly.

He waved to the crowd and gently set his hand on her shoulder pulling her with him to the side and offstage. Once they were out of sight he sighed and smiled, "Please don't thank me I just made what I considered was the best decision."

He looked out past the curtains, "I know many are not going to like this decision so be prepared for jests and attacks from everyone."

She had followed him when he pulled her off to the side stage and relaxed even more after she was out of sight of everyone else. "Why did you decide on me?" she asked looking up at him. "I mean I don't really have an experience of being a vice president or anything." she explained to him. "And I think I am more prepared for the attacks and cruel words then you know." she said laughing.

"A lot of girls here already don't like me, and it's just my friend day!" she said as she stood there. "Talk about making a first impression, huh?" she asked. She seemed okay with the teasing with how well she was joking about it. Though she wouldn't let on how it bothered her, and part of her couldn't help but wander how far a girls bitter feelings could get.

"That may be my fault that they hate you." He chuckled trying to lighten the mood, "Honestly you are essentially right about what you do. You just do anything I need you to do." He smiled and turned.

He had an apologetic look on his face, "I am sorry to throw this all on you but you were truly the best choice. All the ones who had experience I looked at their background and found they were terrible. You have everything I need."

"Well that's okay, as long as you don't hate me I think I will fair pretty well." she said laughing and patting his shoulder as she stood there with him. "And don't worry so much about throwing this at me, I am sure I can handle it." she told him cheerfully as she was ready to follow him where ever he had to go.

"Today as certainly been interesting, and to think this was just the first...hour I believe?" she asked looking confused as she stood there with him. "And I know my mom and dad will be happy with me getting the vice president part. They always said I needed to involve myself more in school actives."

"Why would I hate you?" He smiled and set a hand on top of her head, "I am sure you will do fine." He smiled and rubbed her head as the principal dismissed the assembly. Once people started to file out of the gym he dropped his hand and grabbed hers, "Come with me. I am gonna show you to the Student Council Room so that you know where to be."

She blushed when he started to rub her head, but she never pulled away, a small smile pulling at her face once again. When he took her hand, she nodded ever so slightly. "Okay, let's get going then." she said happily. She held onto his hand, lacing her fingers though his as she started to following him out to the hallway. "What is the student council like, am I the youngest one in there now?" she asked looking up at him.

He pulled her down the hallways to a double sliding door at the end of a hall with a large sign above the door that read, "Student Body Council" "Welcome to your second home." He slid open the door allowing her to go in.

As he walked in after her he started explaining, "Every year the positions change unless they get voted back. So at the moment the only ones in the council are you and me."

She had kept following him and smiled when he greeted into the room. "Thank you." she said laughing as she slowly started to check the room out. It looked almost like a lounge area, though there was an round table set up for their meetings to take place at. "It's really nice." she said softly as she slowly started let go of his hand.

"Oh alright." she said shocked to hear that they were the only two in the council right then. "Do you need help picking other people for positions then?" she asked happily. "Or do you already know who else you want to join?" she asked tilting her head to the side as she watched him, with her bright blue eyes.

He raised a hand to his chin to think, "Well I need the rest of the council yes but I have no clue who to choose." he made his way to the couch and plopped down into it enjoying the soft chair. He continued to think as he beckoned her over to the couch to take a seat. He had a distant look in his eyes and leaned forward.

"Honestly we need the one with the best math grades for our treasurer and the one who has the best ability with memory to be the accountant."

She had walked over to him when he motioned for her to come to the couch. Sitting down beside him she nodded her head a bit. "Alright." she said as she thought about who they should pick out. "It shouldn't be too hard for someone with math." she said as she looked at him. "It's a tricky subject, not many people are fond of it. Including me." she said laughing. "And memory might be a bit tricky, since you can't really do a test on that." she said as she sat there. Crossing her arms over her chest.

"Do you have their files in here by chance?" she asked as she looked at him. "If we can grab those, we can narrow it down bit by bit." she told him. "Or do you have any really good friends that are great with math and you can trust really well?" she asked. "Trust is also a key factor in picking anyone."

He looked at the large desk at one end of the room, "In one of the bottom drawers there is a file on every student here. It contains their records and their grades along with past schools and pretty much anything else on them."

He chuckled and shook his head, "I had to read through all of those to decide the vp."

She laughed a bit as she sat there with him. "I see." she said softly. "So judging that you didn't already pick anyone from that pile, you didn't find anyone you liked for the other two positions." she said softly as she she leaned back into the couch and stared up at the ceiling. "I might have a friend that could help." she offered as she sat there. "Her name is Poppy, she might be a good one for the accountant." she said with a smile as she looked over at him.

"She likes to keep a log of important things she does from time to time, so I think that would help in the long run too." she said happily as she sat there with him. "And you have lots of friends, surely you know someone good at math." she said playfully as she lightly bumped his shoulder.

"Good get their attention and see if they can join." he closed his eyes and quickly stood up from the couch and walked over to the desk opening the drawer and withdrawing folders, "I don't have anyone else picked for the other two positions because I wasn't looking for that. I was looking for someone who would compliment me and be able to provide ideas that I wouldn't be able to think of." he looked up and smiled.

"That is why you are here right now." he grabbed one of the folders and looked at the name, "Let's see....James...Nope." he slid it to the other side of the desk. He reached for the next folder and opened it to take a look, "Hmm Samantha Smith..."

Status
Not open for further replies.