A New World

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he was almost totally asleep, he heard some strange footsteps around his campfire. With his eyes closed, RafaDark thought "More food for me or just more souls to my collection?" Opening his eyes, he saw that it was a night creature. Grabbing the monster's leg, he shouted "DIE!!!" and with a black fire the creature turned from a healthy state to dust in seconds. "C'mon, there is someone here who wants a piece of me?" he said rising from his bed and with a huge demonic smile in his face. Seeing the other creatures eyes on the darkness of the forest disappear fast, RafaDark made a sad face and sat himself in the ground to look those foul monsters flee in fear.

Seeing the other night time creatures run in paranoid fear of RafaDark, she left her shadow state of being and took on her more solid form, slowly creeping along the edge of the camp, a bright green glow tinting the centers of her eyes. She saw the ashes and an anger grew in her, taking a step closer, not wanting to fully enter the area of the fires pulsing, wavering, glow.
Waiting a moment, she carefully eased out her sword, it's blade glinting silver in the moonlight, and she crept further out of the darkness, just on the edge of the fire's glow.

" What business do you have around here?"

Seeing someone coming closer and ready to fight, he grinned and said "My business here is surviving, of course". Rising himself from the ground still grinning, he could feel that person was different and that was turning the things more interesting for him. "So...do you intend to kill me just because i was trying to survive in this place?" he talked with a raised eyebrow and holding his chin with one hand.

" no." she sounded disgusted at the thought, clenching her hands into fists.

" and I don't want to fight you. I don't think survival requires killing mercenaries."
She stepped fully into the fires glow, her skin a light grey color, her black hair falling over her shoulders, sword in hand.

" But I will fight if that's what you want..."
She had more anger rising in her voice as she sized up this newcomer. She knew he was stronger than he seemed and she didn't underestimate him, she may have overestimated him a little but she knew that if she fought him, it would be an even match.

"A fight? Right now? No, thanks." Said RafaDark throwing his sword close to the campfire. Sitting in the ground, he spoke with a friendly smile "Do you think i would be killing those mercenaries just for fun? No, i would kill them just because i don't wanna die! and i was a little hungry and angry for being a prey to those...Those...Vermin."

" VERMIN! They are no such thing!" she raised her voice to him in anger. putting her sword away, she sat down next to the fire, seeming to pull away a ball of the fire, turning it blue and purple before blowing it away into the breeze.

"Where did you come from? Why did you come here? There is nothing for you here but the forest, that which I call my home."

She turned and looked at him, a strange emptiness in her eyes as she poked at the ground.

"If they were not vermin why would they try to kill me just for some gold coins?" Said RafaDark. "Anyway, i don't need to tell you where i came but i can tell you why i came here. Surviving is the answer to that, i need souls to live and some meat, that is why. And i don't wanna die...yet but one day i will fall and i want someone strong enough to beat me." Turning to her side without taking his eyes from the campfire.

She didn't feel secure around him so she put up a barrier with a flash that come up around her as she eyed hum suspiciously, still facing the fire, she saw him from the corner of her eye.

" So why not kill me too then if you need to survive. If that's all you care about then why let me live?"

"What do you think? You have powers, i can feel it." Said RafaDark with a grin. "And i would not try to kill someone the soul is still...how can i say it...pure, for the lack of a better word and you don't have much meat on your body, so..." Spoke him with a trickster smile. "So...i was wondering something..." looking at the fire and warming his hands with a questioning face "You said your home is the forest...Why the forest? There are no better place to live?" said him looking with the corner of his eyes still warming his hands.

She looked at him now, holding back a tear that threatened to fall whether she wanted it to or not, as she began to tell her story.

" A long time ago, I used to live in a huge city called Cylvic. It was full of live and bustling with trade. People would come from miles around to be given advice from my parents. We were a special race of human. Though soon something happened to my mother and my father. Someone poisoned them and they caught a deadly virus and died. I was left alone, and I couldn't give advice and blessing like my parents could so I was cast away. I was thrown out of my homeland and left here to rot." She said rot like it was a curse.
" And now I live here, with the animals to keep me company."

Looking carefully like a child listening to a fairy tale, he felt a little sorry for asking her about her home. "Hey sorry for asking but why they would throw you away from your home? Just because you don't have your parents power doesn't mean you are useless." Said RafaDark while he laid back on the floor to see the sky. "If i were you i was going back and proving that i am better than all of them." Spoke looking back at her with a smile and trying to cheer her up.

She turned away and faced the opposite direction from him.
" it wasn't that. We were different and they never liked us. They used us to attract attention and money. When I couldn't do that, they had no use for me so they dumped me out here. But I will have my own revenge. Trust me on that."

She now sounded full of hate as a flower she held turned to ash...

"Keep that anger to the revenge, you will need it." Said him as he yawned "So...I don't know what do you gonna do now but i'm going to sleep." spoke him a little tired. " Tomorrow we talk more, i really need to sleep" Rose RafaDark from the ground going closer to his bed and readying himself he talked "If you are going to sleep, good night, if not..." He stop a little scratching his head and thinking in something funny to talk, he said with a little naughty but a normal smile "Don't try to rob or kill me, OK?".

She smiled tiredly as the anger faded as she balled it up and locked it inside herself. Then she made her way over to you and lay down a few feet away from you, curling up, ready for sleep to consume her.
"
Yeah, I'm kinda tired too. Tomorrow seems like a good time."
Closing her eyes, she let the darkness take over as she fell into a blissful sleep.

Kay was asleep, perfectly balanced on a large branch of a tree. She had been dreaming that she was facing the most horrendous of creatures, imps, tiny little goblins with wings. An anomaly at birth had caused Kay to be much taller than most other fae's, almost an average human's size. She was always slightly embarrassed by this fact however, in her dream, it only made it easier for her to simply stomp on her foes.

But Kay had stirred only slightly in her slumber that she suddenly lost her support. Her eyes shot open as she became wide awake and gasped when she realised she had lost balance. She cursed but her realisation was not soon enough and she didn't have the time to readjust herself. She tried to grab hold of the branch as she began to fall but it was too big for her to wrap her arms around. She fell from her perch in the tree and her back slammed into multiple thinner branches and leaves, before she landed on the grass with a thud.

Kay sat up and began rubbing her back, feeling like an idiot as her bow and arrow case came tumbling down and dropped just next to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorrin had heard a noise. Though his hearing was slightly poor from working in the loud Dwarven forges for a long time, it was quite audible in the silence of the night. Gorrin proceeded to make his way to investigate the noise, he didn't want to risk something that might ambush him.

He saw that it was not a beast that had fallen, a humanoid figure was sitting up. They had a bow and arrow with them, so Gorrin aproached carefully, though his heavy armor made being quiet impossible, and his axe was lowered, hoping that this person would either not attack, or be a poor shot.
He said. "Well... 'ello there." A second later, he could clearly see her wings, and thought to himself; {Well... shave my beard and call me a halfling... is this a giant fairy?}
He decided that it would be best go get on her good side.
"Ya need any 'elp there?"

RafaDark was almost in a deep sleep but something was bothering him, something was not right, he was still hungry for souls and he could not sleep with an empty stomach. Opening his eyes and looking up he saw an big yellow colored moon, that make him feel a little better but not too much. He rose from the ground not trying to wake that girl that he still not know her name. Reaching his sword, RafaDark grabbed it and an idea of eating her soul came right in that moment to his mind "EaT hEr SoUl!!!" a voice said in his head, but he declined it remembering that she needed to be a little more corrupted by darkness to him take control of her soul. With a sigh, he put his sword back at it's sheath and walked to where the creatures fled to get more souls and satisfy his dark desire. He knew that it was going to be easy and he would be back in no time, she would never know that he was going to get some souls, maybe he would find some humans or other creatures in the forest and he didn't want anyone minding on his business.

Walking around the forest was making him fell better, but eating some souls it would make him feel way too better. Reaching a type of tree, he saw it was different of any he saw in his journey, it was gigantic to the size of the others around. Somehow an urge to climb it came to his mind and it would be good if he could see that land, a exit of that forest and maybe some prey's to satisfy his hunger of souls. Climbing it was not hard but it was dangerous, reaching its top, RafaDark was amazed with that view. Looking around, the only place that got his attention was the campfire that he made because it was the only place with a light in the middle of all that forest. Jumping from that tree, he could see the place where the monsters were gathering, it was looking like a campfire and he went right to that place. Reaching it, RafaDark killed and reaped the souls of all of them, satisfied he got back to his camp with his stomach full of souls and his weapon full of blood.

After satisfying himself with plenty of women Lucus made his way to the forest, in aims to clear his mind. 'So boring... nothing but whores and common peasants to please me here and there, where's the action!? the killing!? the pleas of help?.' Yawning he tossed his ancient katana blade on his back and floated through the tree tops. Suddenly the sound of screams both terror and battle cry's were made. Interested in the sound he followed it, where he watched as a blood hungry man slaughtered monster after monster until they were all dead. When he found himself satisfied he left. "Now this is my kind of party" Lucus lowered himself and followed the man to his campsite where he watched him clean his blade.

Cleaning his sword and looking around his camp to see if someone didn't came to steal or kill that girl, RafaDark froze as he felt an strange demonic energy coming from somewhere but he could not talk where. Frozed,with his hands on his sword ready to attack and looking around madly, he said in a tone to not wake the girl "Who's there?" And waited for and answer from the darkness of that forest. He was not afraid of who and what would answer but he would try his best to guard the soul of that girl, he really wanted it and would not let any other demon to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.