2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them
Navigation:
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (Character Dump): Click Here
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (OOC): Click Here

The year is 2020, and Earth is on fire.

A group called the E.I. at the beginning of the year began secretly kidnapping and training people to help them take over the world. These people were regular members of society, teachers, students, criminals, if it looked like they could be swiped without any real retaliation, they were. The world was none the wiser.

Several such recruits were collected from the general population and chosen to be trained underneath the three founders of this mysterious group. A school gym teacher named Tyler Haak, a large viking looking mercenary named Otto White, a former U.S. military infantryman Maine, and Daisuke a giant pervert/former yakuza member. After three months of training under the First, Second, and Third founders, the secret facility in which they were being trained was attacked by factions within the E.I. They hit fast and hard, sending the whole facility into chaos. Leading the group of trained E.I. recruits out of the facility, the Third founder led the small group to North Korea, where the rest of the E.I. forces had gathered. In a stunning display of brute force, hundreds of E.I. VTOL troop transport gunships assaulted the capitol, took over it and the nearby military base, and then executed the dictator.

However, the group of recruits were repulsed by this actions, and Tyler, Daisuke lashed out at the Second, prompting him to kill Daisuke. Daisuke was only saved by a chance, as a passing E.I. infantryman assisted burying Daisuke, Daisuke's consciousness escaped into the man, making him a target of interest for the Second founder. The Second founder had Tyler, Adam (The E.I. infantryman), another man who was recruited by the E.I. who vaguely reminded everyone of a russian, and Alkura (the daughter of the third founder). In a display of defiance (facilitated only by the Third Founder's intervention), Otto White and Lazaro (A crazed murderer who was only assisting them for the pure off chance they might get to kill someone) led a daring rescue of the prisoners, escaping to Sryia with them on a jet.

After they landed, Otto talked them through the Airport, calling in a favor from the commanding officer of the troops stationed there. Otto took the group to his home, and coincidentally, the place he buried his family. The group rested there for a day, but unfortunately they were sold out by the very commanding officer that Otto had called a favor from. A team of E.I. troops trained to track deserters followed them, and then they attacked in the night. The battle was brief but bloody, and it was discovered the very next day, in a letter from the Third founder, that the troops were all cloned, an attempt from the E.I. to make soldiers loyal, easy to train, equip, and recruit.

The group fled in the VTOL jet provided by the Third, guided to some mysterious facility by a man they only know as "Deanta" supposedly a trusted ally and teacher of the Third founder. As they got off the VTOL jet, they were greeted by a huge cheering crowd. Thousands of people who had hidden from the E.I.'s secret influence in underground societies had gathered into a single united rebellion, and this group of rag tag E.I. rebels were their largest hope in defeating the group. As it turned out, while the E.I. had a righteous goal, the goal did not justify the means through which they planned to execute it. With much of the world under the control of the E.I. (Facilitated by the E.I. implanting trained members of the group into the governments of nations worldwide, and then using their influence to convince them to join the International Nations Union, or INU, with the newly formed nation of the E.I. at the head, and major military superpowers like Russia and the U.S. backing up the group with the full might of their military.

In a surprise move, the rebellion turned on this coalition, and moving out from facilities all over the world they attack the E.I., intent on freeing the world from this tyranny. The E.I. rebels themselves spearheaded an assault straight into the main E.I. base, an attack that was wiped out, but still managed to distract the E.I. long enough for the rebels to defeat the E.I. in other places around the world.

Feeling threatened by this, the E.I. detonated the world's supply of nuclear weapons, reducing the population from 7.4 billion to three million in minutes. Those people who survived were transported, as if by an act of some deity, to a new world. Some land in deserts, some in forests, some in plains, some alone, and some in groups, but all appear, alive and no worse then they were on Earth. Something is strange about this world though, while it looks like Earth, and the animals do as well, the air is tingling with an energy that was not prevalent in society before, and all over the world these people have begun to realize that they can now use something strange and previously impossible, magic. In the background secret forces seem to be manipulating the situation though, and somewhere the immortals that survived the nuclear blasts are still alive.

It is now up to humanity to rebuild.

Adam Kane

Adam took the map and nodded at Cal. He walked over to the militia and started sorting them into separate parties. "ok I need a group of 4 here, a group of 5 here and group of 3 here." Adam was busy organizing militia, so he didn't hear anymore of the plans. He was ready to get this operation under way. "ok you guys fire your shots then rondeveus here." he pointed on the map a few feet away from the attack spot. "I'll drop everyone off first then i'll head back to the first group I dropped off, do your best to hit and run till I get back. Be sure to stay together. I can't teleport everyone out unless you are all touching."

It took a while but they were all organized and ready to be set out. Adam was a little concerned it was quite a few spots to drop people off at. He could hear Tyler's remarks ring in his head, He shook it off. "I'll be fine I got stamina for days." he said to himself. Adam shook out his nerves and looked at the groups. "ok everyone are you all ready to go in there and kick some ass!" No one knew how to respond to his pep talk, he looked at Otto and the others and then back to the militia. "nevermind lets just go."

Adam had everyone in each group hold hands. He placed his hand on the first group and they teleported to the top of the roof, he looked out in the distance and found his first mark. they disappeared and ended up where they needed to be. The group felt dizzy and disoriented. "sorry about that, it'll wear off in a min. just get into position and as soon as they pass by be sure to start firing. remember to attack then hide. i'll find you guys at the pick up point." and with that he was gone.

Adam continued this several times. he was on the last group, he gave them the same speech and left. he appeared back infront of Cal and the others. "Ok, everyone's in position." He said trying to catch his breath. He felt as if he had just run 3 miles but he didn't want Tyler to call him out infront of everyone so he quickly caught his breath and stood straight waiting for the next part.

Cal
Interaction: Adam, Tyler and Otto
-

As Adam went to get the militia members into position Cal looked back to Tyler and Otto and their own planning. "Do whatever needs to be done, I will keep any reinforcements at bay and any from escaping you two. How you two accomplish your task is entirely up to you." Cal paused as Adam returned, out of breath but no worse for wear. "Ah, you're back." Cal noted before taking the map back from the winded man. "Thank you." He laid the map out again one last time and put his finger down on the marked area, making sure Tyler and Otto both saw it. "Memorize this location, this is our ambush point. Adam, hang back a bit and help me pick off any stragglers or reinforcements but try and conserve your energy because once you get the militia members back here you'll need to do the same for Tyler, Otto, you and myself so we may follow through the tunnels and get to Lucien and the rest." As he spoke more and more people passed by them heading for the basement as a shadow from Cal enveloped the map and destroyed it so it couldn't be found by the enemy. "Shall we go about our work now?" Cal asked rhetorically as he headed to the door where gun fire could be heard in the distance.

Reactions: Kurogane86
Tyler

Adam took the map and took to action immediately. It was nice to see him getting down to work more instead of complaining at every turn. She herself may be bitchy, and getting worse, but at least she didn't whine about every single thing. She kind of liked this new, improved Adam. As the kid zipped off, Cal turned his attention to herself and Otto and made his comment about how the way they accomplished their task was up to them. Even though she refrained from saying anything out loud, her inner voice could only think: I don't remember asking your opinion…. There were so many things she wanted to say to Cal, so many moments she'd held back and omitted things, but it was never really the time to truly piss off someone that could kill you in an instant.

When Adam returned, Tyler could see that he was a bit out of breath, but she said nothing. If he wanted to act macho or whatever, he could do what he wanted. It was clear that the younger guy thought that Tyler was always harping on him, but it was only because he was too naïve to notice that she did it out of concern. Someone who doesn't care about you won't point out your flaws so you can fix them. They won't try to drive you to be better, to learn to survive, to control emotions that could get you killed. No, someone who didn't care would let you fail without offering a single thing. Tyler may not have been so great at expressing her feelings, but she did show affection, even if it was in a rough way.

Even now, it was as if she hadn't realized that she hadn't seen her brother since they left the inn. Not a single line on her face showed any emotion that would betray the knowledge that her sibling was missing in action somewhere. Instead, the woman against started down at the map Cal showed them, memorizing the spot he demanded them to. "So do Otto and I get to the ambush point on foot or do you want us here, picking off soldiers?"

Otto White
Interaction: Tyler
GM POST
-

"Methinks that's what he wants us to do, get there on foot I mean." Otto spoke to Tyler and he hooked his thumbs into the loops that held his knife and the other which held his bag of money. "Race ya?" Otto spoke as he meandered his way out the door of the library, militia and civilians flooding behind him into the library and down to the tunnels to make their escape. Otto hopped over the barricade and started to follow the path out to where he recalled being marked on the map Cal had presented them, he soon started to hear gun fire and could see muzzle flashes coming from the roofs and balconies indicating he wasn't to far away from the force being driven towards the ambush at which point he picked up his speed throwing caution to the wind as he made his advance towards the ambush sight giving a brief thought to how far behind Tyler was.

Tyler

Tyler gave a shrug at Otto's first comment, nodding as well in response. Her response to the challenge was almost to jump up and start running, but Otto didn't seem to be in a rush, so she took his challenge as rhetorical and simply followed along with him. She made her way over the barricade after he did, making sure to slip into the nearest alleyway and sticking to the shadows as they made their way through town. When they neared the ambush point, Tyler slipped further into the darkness and climbed her way up a nearby building. Once on top, she sidled up to the edge of the rooftop, laying on her stomach like a sniper might. Except her plan was to get an overview of the ambush area so she could better see the area she wanted to manipulate. When she had her area scoped out, the woman sat up in a crouch, hoping Otto would be able to see her there. With a nod, she signaled to him, expecting him to understand that she expected him to set up his ring of fire when he was ready. She would follow suit once he was ready.

Until then, Tyler lifted a hand, shaped like a gun, and pointed it toward a random soldier on the ground. Breathe in…. Breath out, release. She pulled her fake trigger and a shot of condensed air fired through the air, rocketing across the space between them. Unfortunately, before it could reach the intended target, the air lost control and deconcentrated, diffusing into the air.

[fieldbox="An Invasion Begins, red, solid"]
The Emperor of the South
Far away in the south, a man sat high upon a golden throne adorned with jewels placed atop a tall pedestal in an audience chamber, luxury and strength oozing out of the decor of the black onyx walls. This onyx had been mined in vast quantities from the Eastern reaches of the empire, hauled here and used to construct an elaborate throne room garnished with immense signs of wealth. Banners made of silk, tapestries depicting elaborate battles dyed with only the finest colors, gold and jewel encrusted armor and weapons decorating the walls, statues of gold depicting every Emperor that had come before and the Emperor that sat on the throne now, and to top it all off, massive pillars holding up the roof made of the most expensive and difficult material that the Empire could produce, steel. Indeed, the place was the very definition of overcompensating, compared to the Northern or Eastern throne rooms. The palace itself was no less elaborate or under-decorated. Trophies from every conquest the Empire had made in the past adorned the walls of this place, and a crypt had been erected in it to place the dead Emperors of the past. The very walls of the city were a power symbol, as they were constructed of iron, and kept clean and free of rust daily. Thousands of workers were employed in keeping the Imperial capitol a pristine sign of wealth.

Atop it all sat one man. One Emperor, and that Emperor had just sprung into action a plan that would reunite the fragmented foolish nations who had dared to break away from the Empire in the past. His father, grandfather, and even his great-grandfather had strived to reach such a moment, when they would have the honor and glory of restoring the Empire to it's former power. All three had died without that dream realized, but not he. HE alone had revitalized the army, restructuring it from a mass of conscripts into a more organized and disciplined army. Gone would be the days in which the military participated in undisciplined mass charges. The Empire would use it's weight of numbers intelligently. Gone were the days in which the Imperial navy was neglected, for it would be the key to reuniting the Empire. Gone were the days of treachery and corruption from the nobles. The aristocracy would be no longer. In it's place rose a new military order loyal only to him. Indeed, even now most of his citizens could freely give their life for his, and those who weren't were being quickly singled out by their neighbors and sent to labor camps. A new code of imperial laws had been released too, reforming the thousands of older, biased Imperial edicts into a code of three hundred laws. This had revolutionized trade and taxation in his Empire, increasing the Imperial income ten-fold

In the past few months his diplomats and spies had been hard at work. The Northern federation of kingdoms had to come to an end first. The East was a joke, a mass of corrupted and backwards nobles who would fold in two if the Western republic fell. The West had no desire to help the North either, and of the three, the North commanded the largest army and navy. No, they had to fall first, and his spies had made certain that would be the case. The first city to fall would be Mercan, a name that in the tongue of the southern Velux had come to mean "traitorous merchant city". Yet this was the most logical place for an invasion. His plan had been simple, send a spies to infiltrate the aristocracy their and find a disenter, once they had that disenter work to increase their power and influence in the city so that he alone controlled a majority of the garrison and was the most powerful. Make him the governor of the city. Next, send in a small infiltrating force to raid and gradually weaken what remained of the city garrison not under the command of his new puppet. Finally, bring it all to a close and invade the city totally, establishing a beachhead with the forces that had already infiltrated and killing his puppet off in the end, after all he was no use to him afterwards.
The time had come however, to spring close the trap of the city. The Emperor had sent out a fleet of three hundred ships, two hundred of them transports, to bring to a close this deadly string of events. They had just arrived at the city. A message from a communication mage on board had just arrived too, they would begin attacking any minute. The Emperor had sent a counter order, barrage the city to clear out the rabbel first with artillery, then begin the invasion by boat. It would not do to lose any troops to the rabble garrison that still existed inside the walls of the city.
It had been no small task moving three hundred ships without word getting out to the North, but it had been done, and now it would all pay off. The puppet would die, the unreliable sniveling little thing. The city would fall and be remade into an imperial one, and the Empire would bring back into the fold an ancient territory they had lost over three hundred years ago. The Emperor was jubulent, today was a good day.

The Emperor considered the small band of twenty Velux children tied and gagged at the foot of his pedestal, surrounded by thirty some odd armed guards. The children were no older then ten, yet when the Imperial conscriptors had come through their local villages they had been hidden by their parents. Under his new code of laws the punishment for this was a life of servitude to the Imperial penalty divisions. However the Emperor was feeling lenient today. Instead they would simply die. He signaled to the commander of the armed guards surrounding the children, and the Velux barked orders to the members of the Emperor's personal guard. The children were picked up and roughly flung so that they were laying prone at the foot of the pedestal, within sight of the Emperor. They were laid out so that their necks were placed just on top of specially made drains placed for just such an occasion. One by one, the Emperor's guards put a knee into the backs of the children, leaned down, and slit their throats, holding them down with their body weight while they struggled briefly as the life drained from them. It always made the Emperor happy when he watched dissenters die, and this spectacle put him into an especially joyful mood.
Today was an especially good day.

A random guard, within the city

The man in the town that Tyler had aimed at, shivered as a cool breeze of air wafted over him. "Damn wind. I hate this posting. Couldn't the commander have given us any better job? Bloody second Echlon is in the merchant district, raping their way through the entire female population of this damnable city, and all we get to do is guard some stupid man who can't be killed." The man was visibly agitated at his assignment. "I don't bloody get it, why do we need an entire Echlon to guard one stupid human anyway? It's not like he's fucking going anywhere. Who the fuck cares if he heals from his wounds?" The man appeared to be speaking to himself. In fact, of the twenty some odd Velux soldiers in the square, only Tyler and Otto were close enough to hear him, even though Tyler was on a rooftop. The rest of the men were milling about in groups of two or three, speaking in loud tones about different things. Very few of the troops actually held firearms, and of those that did, none of them were anymore then single shot, breech-loading rifles, and only three of those weapons were around. Additionally, the blue shields that had coated the others were not among this number. It was safe to assume the multi-shot weapons and blue elemental shields were not very common among this band of troops, whomever they belonged to. Most of the men in this group were equipped with sabres, or with spears and shields. The place that the group seemed to be guarding was a large hostel directly across from Otto and Tyler. Lights were on and shapes could be seen moving about in the windows. How they proceeded was up to them however.

The guard looked up though. Not at Tyler, instead he looked up at he sky, searching for the source of a piercing whistling noise that seemed to be getting louder and louder. Not only that, but he searched the sky for a sign of clouds, as a loud chain of thunderous, rolling booms reached his ear. The man's look of curiosity turned to surprise and fear however, as he saw a large, black ball falling towards the square. He dove for cover in the building he was outside of, something that the other troops did not do, as they were too absorbed in their conversation to notice the whistling noise. The ball smashed into a roof twenty feet to the right of Tyler and exploded two seconds later, blasting the front of the building out and sending debris and shrapnel towards the group of soldiers. Those that weren't killed or seriously wounded by the blast were knocked off their feet. Windows all around the square shattered from the force of the explosion, and more could be heard as the artillery began falling on the city. Building went up in clouds of smoke and debris, people were killed instantly, and fire began to spread even more than before.

The Southern invasion had begun. The evacuation would have to be sped up.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Otto White
-

He was aware of where Tyler was and was about to start upon their plan as he ignored the words of the soon to be dead men in front of him, heat gathered to him as the first sparks started to coalesce round his hair and body as his good eye deepened in it's red color but before he could do anything he heard the familiar sound of a projectile falling from the sky, a sound he was all to familiar with since he had almost died from artillery before being snatched by E.I. "Well fuck." He said quietly to himself as he was blasted off his feet by the power of the blasts detonation in the area in front of him, his ears were ringing and his eyesight blurry while he also felt a warm liquid running down from his ears which he had no doubt was blood from his ear drums bursting, his healing would take care of that as he could already feel his hearing returning as he staggered back to his feet. As the fires began to form in the city and more embers were blasted into the air some began to float around Otto, he looked out and saw many of the soldiers who had been in front of him dead or dying with some others merely dazed by the blasts. He couldn't leave them but he also needed to find Tyler, he took a deep breath as he produced a sort of wave of flame near the ground and sent it out towards those laying on the ground lighting clothes, hair and anything else flammable on the dead, dying and dazed. The yelling and screams now emanating from said group told Otto that his half assed idea had worked if only partially. Otto stumbled out of the alley and looked back at the roof where Tyler had been but he couldn't see her. "Tyler you hear me!" He hollered out trying to get her attention if at all possible.

Adam Kane

Adam nodded at Cal's direction. He was to stay back and help pick off straglers while Otto and Tyler take out the rest of the guards. He honestly didn't really care either way, he knew he had to use his ability sparingly since their escape is literally in his hands. As Adam watched Tyler and Otto walk out to get their part of the mission started he watched Cal as he was finishing up giving instructions to whomever was left. He affixed the blade he got from that shop owner to his belt and stretched out his shoulders, swinging this thing was exhausting.

Adam got everything ready, he got his sword, a few daggers and found some cloth to wrap his hands up just incase he had to throw a few punches. He was ready to go, as he remembered the map in his mind he heard panic. He looked out the window to see that everything was getting darker. "what the hell? Hey Cal, is this part of your plan?" before Adam could look away something hit, right where Otto and Tyler were supposed to be. "Holy Shit!!!" Adam yelled out as the explosion hit. He could see the bright light and a few windows imploded due to the blast. "SHit, Otto!, Tyler!" He looked for Cal, "come on Cal we gotta go help them." He said halfway out the door.

Tyler

Now that she was all prepared, Tyler kept her eyes on Otto so she'd be ready to jump into action when the time came. But it didn't. She could see the heat wave forming around her friend's frame, her own body tensing as she readied to start. But before that, chaos decided to start without them, sweeping them up in its current. Unfortunately, Tyler was swept up first when a large sphere dropped from the sky directly onto the building she'd perched on. She had glanced up just in time to see it smash into the rooftop, and subsequently explode.

The building shook and caved in where the explosive had torn it apart. The destroyed support beams caused a domino effect far enough out to take Tyler down with it. What the explosion had not done to her, the fall would. One large kaboom later, Tyler would have been suffering from the side effects of a sonic boom as well had she not fallen in with the collapsed building and taken a dive to the bottom floor where she ended up unconscious among a pile of debris. Her all too familiar bloodied-look reappeared yet again, though this time it was accompanied by the sight of a dislocated left shoulder, rotated at a very unnatural angle, and an open fracture of the left fibula. Not the she notice or cared in her current state of rest beneath brick, wood, and various metals.

Otto White
-

He hadn't gotten a response from Tyler which worried him more then he would let anyone know, Otto started to dig through the rubble, brick and broken bits of the building Tyler had been on or rather the area the building had occupied. He tore open the skin on his hands as glass and stone ripped apart nails and skin but his healing took care of it, he could tell the heat signature ahead in the debris was Tyler due to its lower temperature over all. It took him what felt like an eternity to get to Tyler and what felt like even longer to clear enough debris away from around her to pull her unconcious form from the rubble, his own blood mixing with hers on her clothes as his hands were torn open again and slowly healing and speaking of healing he saw that her own wounds were trying to stitch themselves together but the broken bone and dislocated shoulder would need to be reset for her healing factor to actually repair the damage. He pulled her out into a clear area away from the buildings and any falling debris while the area shook from explosions, he rested her head in his lap as he put his hands on each side of her face, the heat from his skin making her own skin turn back to its original hue. "Come on Tyler, you gotta wake up. Can't quit on me and Daisuke now...can't quit on Alkura and the rest." He said quietly as he lightly tapped the side of her face, the lack of response beginning to worry him greatly.

[fieldbox="Offshore Bombardment, red, solid"]

Lord Governer Lot, the Betrayer

The lord stood in his room high atop a hill, staring down in anger at the city that was now burning. Outside his door stood two guards, dressed in black armor, Mordreds Sigil on their shoulder. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the railing of the balcony that overlooked the grounds, and subsequently the city. His face was red with anger. The velux lord was watching all of his plans, all his careful preperation fall apart. All because of that treacherous human woman. She had seized control of his army, forced the attack that night instead of laying low, and because of that the city he was supposed to take was now burning, fire having spread throughout the city. The only thing that would be left after the blaze was whatever buildings were made out of stone instead of wood, which meant pretty much only the merchant district, and even then half of those buildings were wood. The only real thing of value left would be the walls, armory, and port. IF that, this new fleet that had arrived was now bombarding the city. He couldn't see their flag properly, but he imagined it was likely the Southern Empire's invasion force. The fleet was massive, over two hundred ships, and those were just the ones he could count. Fifty were arranged in a ring just pounding the city with explosives, an impressive feat. They were using an older method to launch projectiles however. Fire magic in a contained area used to launch the projectile, much like gunpowder but requiring the use of some five or six mages to accomplish, not to mention the enchantment process that was required to makes sure the projectile exploded. It was neither efficient nor was it as powerful as more conventional siege equipment, but that was the Southern Empire. Still using magic and enchantments where gunpowder could have done the trick. Not that they knew how to make gunpowder. A truly backwards people. One he thought he could manipulate.

The guard rail began to splinter under his grip, then his grip slackened, and blood spattered the balcony and grounds below him. A sharp pain radiated from the center of the man's chest, and the noble looked down, surprised to see a spear protruding from his chest. "You have no more use." The noble recognized the voice as Mordred's, and one of his last sensations was that of a strong kick to his back knocking him over the rail, falling headfirst into the cobbled road below, and finishing the job Mordred had started.

The square, enemy reactions, and a continued barrage

Enemies were burning and screaming everywhere. Inside the hostel troops who could still move were quickly fleeing, trying to escape the explosions. The foolish who fled were disentigrated as a second round landed inside the square, sending sharp cobbled road into the air like shrapnel, flying and piercing human and velux alike as they attempted to flee. The smart stayed inside, hiding in cover. There were only two of those though. However Tyler and Otto were protected, as a golden orb enveloped them in an instant.

Cal

Cal looked over at Otto and Tyler, and then to the square that was exploding them. The shield he put up blocked the blast and deafened the sound of it to a dull roar that sounded like thunder. One hand stayed at his side, a golden thread of energy stretching from it to the orb shield that protected them. In his other hand was his blade. Cal's eyes glowed for a moment beneath the mask. Drawing his hand back, and the sword shifting into a long dart, Cal tossed it at the Hostel. The dart disappeared into the window and was gone for several seconds, before the side of the hostel exploded and out of the debris came a large, dark orb. The orb floated over to Cal, then deposited itself neatly into the circle, opening up and evaporating to reveal an alive, but unconscious, Christian Haak. "And to think we nearly forgot my favorite pupil.~" Came Cal's voice through the mask, an amused tone present. His omnicience reguarding the situation was urprising. It was almost as if Cal had been guided by some mysterious being who was hell bent on inconveniencing the creator of Christian, who wanted nothing more then to forget him like a drunken one night stand.

Alkura & Lucien

Deep down below the city, Lucien and Alkura lead the way out of the city with lanterns in hand. Lucien advanced ahead of Alkura, who was slightly behind her father. Everyone raced along at breakneck speed, and echoing behind them was the sound of explosions rocking the city. Dust fell down into the tunnel, but it seemed to hold as the citizens ran along the passage. It would not be long before the train of civilians began to arrive at their destination and would be able to escape into the countryside.[/fieldbox]

Tyler

Despite the injuries, Tyler looked as if she was sleeping peacefully for the first time in a long time. Of course, it could have been because of the knock to the head that put her out too hard to let even normally daily concerns consume her unconsciousness. She finally started to respond when the heat on her face mixed with the sensation of being poked. Just like when she was a kid, a dream of her stupid brother poking at her face while she tried to sleep invaded her mind. Absently, her right arm moved on its own to swipe it away. "Eave ee alone, oron…" She muttered sleeping, the words she was attempting to say coming out slurred and missing some consonants. So 'leave me alone, moron' came out sounding a little less intimidating than her dream-self intended.

It took a few minutes after that for her to realize that she was actually seeing a dream, so she fought her way to the surface in an attempt to break it. When her eyes finally opened, her gaze was directed up at Otto who was staring down at her with a worried expression. In order to lighten the mood, she muttered out a groggy, "Staring at people while they sleep is bordering on stalker tendencies. I'd expect this from Daisuke, but not you." The woman lifted her head, registering the pain in her body, so she looked down to see what the damage was.

"Awesome…" It hurt so bad, she wanted to scream, but now really wasn't the time. It was never the time. "I'll walk you through fixing me, so take off your left shoe… No time to waste here." A smile was attempted, but it looked more like a grimace. But her words sounded confident despite the fact that what she was going to tell Otto to do, she'd never done before. Please don't let medical tv shows fail me now... All hail RoyalPains. She only hoped she could remember the specific episode and the technique used well enough to fix this or she'd be fighting one-armed. Thinking about it now, she really hoped the techniques used in that show were legitimate.

Last edited:
Otto White
-

"Damn Tyler, if that's what you call sleeping then I'd hate to see what passing out is." A sigh of relief followed his words. "And really? I would think waking up to Daisuke would be like waking after a drunken one night stand, it's nice to know you put he and I in the same category." He said with obvious sarcasm to try and lighten the mood as Tyler spoke about instructing him how to reset the bones but he stopped her with his hand. "I can reset a shoulder and leg Tyler, remember what I did before all this madness, though it's gonna hurt like a motherfucker which I'm sure you are aware." He did take her left shoe off. "Luckily your healing should take care of the bone once I get it back in." He placed his hands where they needed to be. "On three alright. One. Two. Three." At three Otto went about resetting the bone back in and in place, luckily like Otto said Tyler's healing began to take over and repairing the damage. He then moved Tyler to a sitting position so he could reset her shoulder. "I have to apologize in advance...I ain't so good with arms and shoulders so if you got any advice, now would be the time to give it."

Adam Kane

Adam just finished his sentence as Cal left twords the light. He disappeared so fast that even with his Teleportion Adam was barely able to keep up. When Adam arrived on the scene he saw Otto resetting Tyler's arm while Cal was protecting them with some kind of dome shield. 'This guy still has powers we don't even know about.' As he watched Cal stand guard he looked down at his companions who were chatting eachother up. "What the hell?" He said to no one in particular. He looked at the bodies of the enemy and thought why would the enemy bomb their own troops.

Adam watched the skies cautious for another attack. He walked over to Cal, he spoke softly as to not alert Otto and Tyler. "So, what now Cal? Do we keep to the plan or bail? I don't know what kind of enemy bombs their own guys but if he's willing to do so we need to be careful."

Tyler

"I was just taking a little nap; it's all good." She smirked a little, chuckling. "Waking up to any of you would be like waking from a drunken one-night stand. No matter who I ended up with, I'm sure I'd never hear the end of it – probably from Daisuke talking about it constantly." Tyler watched Otto go about resetting her leg, wondering why he took HER shoe off, when she had instructed him to take HIS shoe off. Something she did so he could fix her shoulder, not her leg. But he went about resetting her leg first anyway, giving her a warning and then counting the three before shoving the bones back into place. The action, had her grabbing her hair and screaming, arching back as if tensing up could kill the pain. She couldn't image how Otto felt when he'd lost his arm. She'd been stabbed and shot so many times, but this hurt worse for some reason. Maybe because she was getting used to be stabbed and shot.

As she was pulled up, she pressed her forehead firmly against Otto's shoulder a minute until the pain from her leg finally faded away. With a long breath, she pushed away and dropped back down to the ground. "That's why I told you to take off your shoe. Put your foot under my arm and keep pressure there for leverage. Then pull the arm out and down until you feel it pop back into place. Should be the easiest way. Just don't rip my arm off in the process." Staring up at the sky, Tyler noted the strange golden barrier, protecting them from further explosions and debris. She could only think it must be Cal, using a light shield of some sort. They must be nearby…

Otto White
-

"Well shit...I guess my hearing ain't back to one hundred percent yet." He spoke as he pointed to the bloody streaks that were now drying below his ears before turning back and focusing on what Tyler was saying more intently so that he didn't miss anything before nodding at her instruction and taking off his shoe and placing his foot under her arm like instructed before looking to her. "On three again, alright? One. Two. Three." At three just as before with her leg he went about resetting it by pulling out and down like he was instructed, taking a moment before he felt the pop signalling it was back in place.

Tyler

She smirked, then nodded, balling her free hand into a fist and waiting. On three, she punched herself as hard as she could in the leg, her way of diverting the pain, and her thoughts, from her left arm. It worked to some extent, as much as a punch could distract from a dislocation. But it was enough. She let the pain settle for a moment before removing two of the many leather straps from her legs. Without moving her left arm, but still using the fingers, she tied the two straps together into a circle that she slung over her neck and then hooked around her wrist. "With our healing ability, it should take but a few minutes, but it need to be in the correct position." She commented to Otto, just in case he was wondering why she was slinging an arm that should be able to heal itself. Because just like a broken bone, it'll only heal right if it's positioned right.

When that was done, Tyler shoved herself to her feet and glanced around. Cal's barrier was still up. Could they get out of it on their own? She needed to move. This ambush was a total waste now that the area had been bombed. Tyler pushed a hand against the inside of the light barrier, trying to see if she could push through it so they could make a run for it through the hail of debris and fire.

[fieldbox="Offshore Bombardment cont., red, solid"]
Cal

The curiosity of Tyler was rewarded much in the way it would be for someone who hadn't asked the shield's creator about it. The shield shocked Tyler in much the same fashion a taser from Earth would, the shock continuing for some fifteen seconds after she stopped touching the shield. It was a solid defense, nothing could get in or out. With a bemused, grim look Cal stared at Tyler. "You do realize that i'm right here yes?" Cal then looked over at Christian, who, still unhurt, had not stopped staring directly in front of himself. The man was not to be forgotten. Cal returned his gaze to Tyler. "I'll move the shield as we move. We need to head back to the library, in a hurry. Everyone is leaving, and if we don't hurry we will be left behind." Cal waited for the group to begin moving, prepared to move with them, and, drag his shield with them.[/fieldbox]

Adam Kane

Adam's questions were answered by Cal's actions. As the entire group started moving while Cal held the shield up over them. He suddenly remembered about the resistance group members. "Cal did you make a back up plan with everyone? Like if something goes bad run away or all they all waiting for the plan to start? I should go get them. Right but can you make this shield bigger?" He knew if he couldn't then filling the shield to capacity would be out of the question since the sides were electrified.

Otto White
-

Otto put his hand on Tyler's shoulder as she got shocked by the shield to make sure that she was fine before he looked back to Cal. "Hmm...I got something we could use to go on the offense if we need to, I ain't sure who is firing the artillery but it sure as hell ain't those ground troops out there. I'm guessing they have foreign aid but that's besides the point, if we go on the offence we could push them out and send a message or we retreat and do nothing keeping ourselves hidden. I believe we should send a strong message but I defer to you in this present situation." Otto spoke in a no nonsense tone to Cal as he stood with Tyler making sure she was sure of her own balance before letting her stand on her own.