A new wonder

Kalif couldn't keep his chuckle hidden as he walked back to the horses for his next load of items. "I would be honored to meet as many people as you feel would like to meet me," he answered calmly as he pulled another couple of bags of supplies down from his horse before clicking his tongue and leading the horse with him to where the supplies lay. "But would you mind showing me where I can get Stable here a drink and a wash down before we do that? He's been working all day with these heavy things," Kalif asked as he slung down the supplies.

"Stable? You called him Stable?!" Lirael's laugh was more a loud giggle. She had tried to hide her amusement at his horse's name, but it had prvoed too much. She didn't know why she'd found it so funny but right then it seemed as ridiculous a name as any.
Maybe the heat's making me all giggly, she mused, I'm not nomally like this.
"Over there," she pointed to the edge of the camp to the right of where they were standing. It was far away from the camp that the smell of the horses' droppings would not be over powering and they could rest in peace but close enough to ensure they wouln't get stolen- nowadays you always had to know where you left your possessions.
"You can ask one of the people tending the horses to groom him or do it yourself- if you want I could help," her eyes brightened at that- she'd never really had much to do with horses, camels were much better suited for the desert then horses. Horses were considered a rarity. She thought this with an amused smile at a group of young children clustered nearby, daring each other to race up and touch one of the creatures to prance proudly.
The horses snorted at this treatment and one of the City men shooed the youngsters away. Lirael's smile widened as a new game of "terrorise the new people" arose. The kids had decided to leave be the idle animals and pester the City people, pausing only when one of the tribe people passed for fear they would be told off and as punishment miss the celebration.

"Yes, his name is Stable," Kalif said with a smile at her giggle as he led the horse after her. He was good at ignoring the children enough to stay focused on the other girl before he suddenly turned and made a funny face at a child that had ran up to pull his attention away. He startled them enough to make them start laughing and he grinned and went about his way. "I'd rather groom him myself but I won't object help if you are offering," He said with a laugh as he patted Stable's cheek in a fond way.