A New Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
((oh..... oopsies sorry))
"uh... I'm not really that popular," he explained quickly, staring intently at the floor as he noticed everyone in the corridors staring at Alex. He wasn't used to this amount of attention, even if it was secondhand.
"I... I don't really have friends," he admitted.

Alex seemed suprised. "Really? Why? You seem pretty decent. In fact, you're the only person to talk to me at all today." He sighed. "Everyone else seems to be avoiding me. Just because I'm a bit different."

"Really?" asked James, blushing a little. It sounded like he was copying Alex. "I mean... everyone's staring," he explained, narrowing his eyes a little. He glanced around at the people passing them, and noticed something unusual about the people who were watching Alex. He let out a chuckle, "especially considering they're mostly girls!"

With a laugh, the boy looked about and raised an eyebrow. "Wow. I must be some ugly fella." They came to a stop outside the art block. A cluster of girls tittered to their left and sent pointed glances their way.

James had to bite back a rising laugh.
"They could at least TRY to be subtle," he giggled, nodding at the girls. He went to lean against a wall, trying once again in a last-ditch attempt to look cool. If being friends with Alex meant he got this much attention from girls, he was gonna swallow that rising feeling of danger hard

Ale, for his part, looked amused. He folded his arms and leant on the wall beside James, winking at Danielle which made them all practically faint from excitement. He chuckled. "Throughout my life I have had my fair share of admirers. Never before have any of them acted this crazy over me."

James had a look of pure surprise on his face.
"Really?" he repeated, feeling like a dumbass for saying it, "I mean... clearly people think you're cute.. so..." he tried to recover himself desperately, but ultimately failed.
"Okay, time to come in," said Mr Haddow with dramatic effect, pulling open the door. As everyone took their new seats for the term, James realised they were the only boys and a groan rippled through him. However he did get a break from the incessant attention as 50% of the girls stared at Mr Haddow and only the other 50% at Alex. ((I wonder who the insanely hot art teacher named Mr Haddow is based on ;) ))

((mmh, i wonder :) ))
The lesson passed by fairly quick. Alex had been sat next to some blonde bitch who wouldnt stop talking in her whiny little voice. He kept on making faces at James, making stabbing guestures in the girl's direction.
"Seriously, if I am sat next to her next lesson, I think I'll slit my wrists," he told James on their way to second lesson.

James chuckled.
"Eh... you get used to Eleanor. Trust me... there are worse," he said, crinkling his face up. They headed through a set of double doors, unsurprisingly being held open by two girls.
"Talking of which..." he began, glancing at them, "What do you have next?"

"Um...IT...ah, this is me," Alex said, stopping outside the IT suite. "I guess I'll see you later then."

James gave an almost disappointed smile before nodding and heading off to maths.
*skip to break*
James was stood at the end of an incredibly long queue and he knew that there'd be no food left by the time he got there. He let out a frustrated sigh

"I doubt you'll be getting any food today," came the familiar musical voice from behind him. Alex stood to the side, a large lump of burger hanging out his mouth. "Want some?" He held out the half-eaten burger.

James gave it a cursory glance before practically snatching it from Alex and swallowing it nearly whole like some sort of famished caveman.
"Oh.... sorry," he murmured shyly, his mouth still half-full, "You weren't joking... were you?" he asked, half from the burger and half from embarrassment

With a roll of his silver eyes, Alex turned to walk out from the hall. "Course not, why do you think I offered? Now come on, take me on a tour. I want to see every inch of this school before-" He suddenly cut off, glancing anxiously back at James.

"Before...?" asked James curiously, arching an eyebrow at Alex. There was something about his manner that screamed at James that he had asked a terrible question.
"Whatever," he shrugged, plastering a grin on his face and heading off and out of the hall.

He didn't hear Alex sigh. He missed the boy's troubled gaze. He didn't see the unshed tears glimmering in those stormy eyes.

After this day, Alex adjusted to the school. He made several friends, though most guys kept their distance because of his appearance; it seemed to intimidate the most ruthless of people.

One of his closest friends though happened to be James. They made an unlikely duo: the scary blonde and the timid mouse, and of course people gossipped, but they forged a friendshipthat grew stronger as the year passed. Christmas came with chilling winds and the new year began with a load of exams. Winter passed into spring, where whispers began of the unseen race once more. Spring gave way to summer and, eventually, the school year was over. Gihh

Last edited by a moderator:
It was around a year later when James finally managed to convince his parents that no, he wasn't gay, and that no, he did not want to invite Alex around because they were dating. They set a time and a date and despite being far too old for this kind of thing, James felt incredibly excited. Alex... not so much.
*skip to that evening*
James practically skipped to his front door as soon as the bell had rang, tearing it open and grinning wildly.
"Alex!" he said surprisedly, even though he was expecting no one else at 7pm on a Friday in November.

Alex grinned in return. "James!" He stepped inside. "Nice place. Hard to find though." He shrugged off his leather jacket and sniffed. "Mmm. You been cooking?"

"Well, my mum has," he grinned, "Her famous cinnamon cookies. Most gorgeous thing on the earth," he told him proudly, taking his jacket and hanging it over the wooden banister. James' house was quite open plan, with a hallway come-sitting room, all in varying wood types and colours. James ushered Alex through to the second sitting room, which unlike the first had a smaller tv and an open coal fire and much more homely feel. The kitchen was off to the right, with only an island separating it from a dining room. However James took the lead and continued through an inconspicuous door to the den. It was a dark room, most of the light coming from the Christmas-but-not-Christmas lights that hung from the wall. There was a C shaped sofa, covered with plush throws and cushions opposite an astounding tv. Massive didn't begin to describe it.

(James is effing rich and an only child. clearly)

"Wow. I'm impressed!" Alex laughed, plonking himself on the sofa and scanning the room. "This place...its huge! And that tv..." He shook his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.