A New Order [OOC] (Accepting characters!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost done with my introduction post, I suppose it'll be done in an hour or two. Had a bit of a rough weekend but I'll try my best.

Question! I think someone said this earlier,but I just want to be sure; so when the collective gets another person, second characters will be allowed?

Question! I think someone said this earlier,but I just want to be sure; so when the collective gets another person, second characters will be allowed?
Yep! Though if we don't get another new collective person then I'll just let second characters be made in a few days.

Also, I'll get an IC post up when I get home from work.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
You guys still accepting heroes?

I also might have a villain NPC to throw out there if we need more baddies

Just Collective members for now. We have a few many Syndicates and independents, I'd like to even the numbers on all the sides out.

I read through the thread earlier but just to verify, the Collective is the predominant Good-Guy group, right?

I read through the thread earlier but just to verify, the Collective is the predominant Good-Guy group, right?
Nope. Syndicate are the recently formed league of heroes, like the X-Men or Justice League. They fight crime and do good deeds all around the place. The Collective are considered the bad guys, though I don't like labeling them as that. They're the ones that are cool with killing people, robbing banks and such. But yeah, a lot of the people on their side would be considered villains.

Ah, well when maybe I read it wrong. My bad.

I think for now I'll hang back, I'd prefer doing the hero thing as opposed to being a bad guy.

I'm gonna let people create second characters. Not sure where some of our people disappeared to, but I didn't intend to slow the RP down so much, was just waiting to see if anyone else would post in the IC.

Sorry, been caught up in University things. I'll try to get a post up ASAP.

It would also help if I bookmarked Iwaku...

Sorry, I have not been getting any alerts in lately and school has been eating up my time.
But everything has slowed down meow so I have plenty of time to post, if you want another Collective member, I wouldn't mind making a second character.

I think I'll posted an edited version of my first guy, one that's less. . . unsociably psychotic.

Can Jaden be a member of the Collective already, except he joined like the day before the others did, so that way we can keep the flow of the story going?

Character name -Jaden McFadden
Alias - Shifter
Faction - Collective
Gender - Male as Default
Age - 21
Birthplace -San José, California
Occupation - Full time Villain
Appearance -
Guy_blonde_250h.jpg
His default look, may or may not be his original but it;s definitely his favorite.
Height - 6'1
Weight -Varies between minimum of 165 to a maximum of around 2-3 tons, though he will rarely, if ever, ever consume enough organic material to get that heavy.

Apparel -He usually wears a leather jacket, a white shirt underneath, as well as some jeans and sneakers. All are actually bio kinetict constructs, but feels and move just like clothing, and is even removable.

Weaponry - Biokinetic Constructs

Equipment - Has a treasured Motorcycle, gets pissed if some so much as lays a finger on it, so if you like you fingers attached to your body, don't touch his motorcycle.

Powers - He possesses the power of Biokinesis, specifically Self Body Manipulation. He can freely take any form he chooses, as long as he has enough Biomass to turn into that thing. He absorbs organic material, most easily that of animals and humans, and uses it as his weapons, armor, even sentient creatures. He can also just consume things, making his body denser, heavier, stronger, and more durable, and the reverse is true for when he loses biomatter, becoming faster, more agile, but not as strong or durable. He can also access the memories of people he consumes, as well as turn into them, making him good at infiltration of almost any base. He can even divide himself into smaller creatures(smallest being the size of a squirrel), and reform later. This gives him a hive mind mentality, with one creature as the head that directs the others, seeing and hearing everything through their eyes. He can also detect other supers, so he knows not to try and consume them, through smell. Each super has a distinct smell based on their personality and power. He also has a high healing factor, so the only true way to kill him is to completely destroy his brain before he can regenerate.

Limitations - He can't consume people with super powers, as it's like poison to his veins if he even ingests a drop of their blood. Trying to eat one would more than likely leave him very ill, and highly useless. One can burn or freeze the organic matter and constructs he uses, which will render it inoperable for him to use. He can't reform when split into smaller pieces unless he has at least his base amount of Biomatter, and he can't absorb as much biomatter when he has been divided.

Skills -Good at Hand to hand combat, has honed his skills a t impersonations so that given the proper knowledge, he can impersonate anyone from the way they walk, the way they talk, to even the way the twirl their fingers when their bored. Has basic gun knowledge and decent aim with such weapons.
Weaknesses -He can only consume so much matter, and it can be hard to get. One can burn or freeze the organic matter and constructs he uses, which will render it inoperable for him to use. If once can get him to ingest, consume, or be injected with the blood of a empowered human, he'll will get violently ill, and his powers will become inoperable for a time.
Morality - Chaotic Evil
Personality - He's very arrogant due to the fact that he's incredibly hard to kill, as well as slightly psychotic. He sees regular non powered human's as little more than cattle to be feed to the new generation of humanity, people like him, who were given these powers and with them the right to rule over mankind. That is his belief, but he isn't a zealot about it, and he can generally be a kind of likeable guy. He's is very flirtatious, with both men and women since he can change between genders if he feels the need, but generally goes after women as he finds them more interesting. He also has the tendency to abuse his powers, like making a creature to whose only job is to flick through TV channels when he doesn't feel like doing it.
Bio - He was once a regular kid, except for one thing. He could absorb and transform into living things. His parents feared him, but tried to make the best of it, telling him not to use his powers, and for a while he listened. But when he was 7, he began to get this feeling when looking at other kids. It was as if someone had set off a ravenous drumbeat in his head, and it made him want to stalk them, want to attack him, want to devour them. HE resisted this urge until he was thirteen, when a pack of bullies began to beat him in an alley. As he took the beating, he realized something. Why should he have to deal with his abuse, he was stronger than them, better than them, and know, he was going to let them know it. Those bullies never left that ally, but their screams did, and soon police arrived on the scene, only to find nothing but signs of a faint struggle and blood splatter along the ground and walls. Jaden never returned home that day, for he had no more use for such a place. He was a hunter, and a hunting he went, going on a serial killing spree that simply couldn't be tracked, until one day where he received a mysterious card from a group known as the collective.

Last edited by a moderator:
JAden is finished, and his personality is now much more agreeable(if you have powers, otherwise your lunch)

:D Here's my baddie! :D

Character name - Ansel Clement
Alias - Masquerade
Faction - Collective
Gender - Male
Age - 28
Birthplace - Sacramento, California
Occupation - Part Time Villain/College Professor (Psychology)
Appearance -
600full-dennis-oh.jpg

Height - 6'0"
Weight - 170 lbs
Apparel - As a citizen, Ansel tends to wear neutral colored suits, paired with cool color ties and black dress shoes.
As a villain, Ansel wears a gray shirt, blacks pants, a black jacket, a black half mask, snowboard goggles and black boot
Weaponry - n/a
Equipment - He always has a book on his person, so he can pass the time before doing whatever it is that he'd planned at the time.
He also drives a green Chevrolet Camaro with butterfly wings.
Powers - Illusion Manipulation - He can make others see, hear, smell, taste or touch things that aren't really there.
Limitations -
He cannot use his powers on himself though, so he cannot change his appearance.
He also can't use more than three senses at a time. So if he's making someone see, hear and touch a chicken, he can't almost make them smell it or taste it.
If his concentration is broken (like if he's physically hit when creating illusions) his illusions will break and disappear.
Skills -
Analyzing
Jiu Jitsu
Charming the pants off of people (usually his students)
Weaknesses -
Children - He won't hurt them no matter what, he wouldn't even yell at one.
Using his powers for more than two hours tends to take its toll on him. He'll have severe migraines and his vision will become spotty. Most of the time, he'll have to remain sedentary for a couple of hours.
Morality - Lawful Evil
Personality - Ansel likes to study people. He's the type of watch and observe you and take mental notes about your characteristics and tics. A true former psychologist, Ansel analyzes people and figures out what makes them tick and what unnerves them. He likes to highlight people's fears and weak points and if given the chance he will introduce said fears into the equation just to see people squirm. He likes to push people to their limit and takes great pleasure in witnessing their breaking points. That being said, he isn't a psychopath, there is a rhyme and a reason to what he does, and that is do place people under this thumb. He wants to reach a position in society where he is untouchable by all as well as feared and respected.
When teaching, Ansel is talkative and a charmer, he likes to see his female students blush and bite their lips when he approaches them, although he'd never actually engage with them in anything other than a teacher student relationship.

Bio - Ansel was born as the fifth child to two parents who were in way over their heads. They only planned to have one child, but the first pregnancy had resulted in triplets, and the last two were an accident but they did not believe in abortion. His parents really weren't even that equipped to care for one child let alone five. And so Ansel and his siblings were often unintentionally deprived of vital things that young children should receive. His parents didn't want any red flags to show so they never enrolled their children in public school, so as to not alert Child Protective Services. They didn't mean to be abusive, but their pride stopped them for asking for help and so their children were unintentionally mistreated. The parents were young and they didn't know anything, they had no insurance or education, so when their kids got sick they often gave them the wrong dosage of medicine and the situation got worse. Ansel lost his two older sisters to an actual overdose of Tylenol when he was seven and it was then that the authorities became involved. A neighbor had often heard crying in their tiny apartment and after one day when Ansel was left alone with only his siblings while his parents worked, the neighbor knocked on the door and convinced the children to let her in. Seeing the state of the children and their environment, the neighbor immediately called 911 and the children were taken to the hospital for immediate medical attention. The parents were found at their respective workplaces, arrested and given a restraining order for them to not come within 500 feet of their offspring.

Ansel, his twin sister and his older brother were placed in the system when they were healthy enough, but due to their young ages and tragic back stories, they were adopted quickly. Unfortunately they were split up with Ansel's twin, Anais and their older brother Marcel going to live with a nice couple and Ansel going to live with an older man named, Richard. Usually the orphanage system would not allow a single person to adopt a child, as they preferred traditional complete families, but this man had enough money to support Ansel and he knew people in high places.

So Ansel went to live with Richard who didn't seem like the type to want a child in the first place. Richard was cold, calculating and detached. He rarely laughed and he spoke so properly that Ansel rarely understood the man. But still, the man cared for Ansel and he gave the boy everything that he needed, except for affection.

Richard was a brilliant man and when Ansel reached elementary age he began teaching Ansel everything he knew. Maths, sciences, languages, literature, he seemed to know it all and he gifted that knowledge to his son. Like Ansel's biological parents, Richard never enrolled Ansel in public school, but only because he thought the educational system was full of idiots.

On his thirteenth birthday, Ansel's powers surfaced. He was sitting at the breakfast table eating lumpy porridge and wishing that he could have fruit loops like most kids his age, when suddenly his meal turned into just that along with the taste. He was so shocked he jumped backwards, overturning his chair and alerting Richard who calmed him down and reassured him that he was not going to disown Ansel because of his new abilities and that he was going to help him find out more about them.

Using their various resources, Richard and Ansel began researching the latter's powers and training Ansel to control them better.

His training lasted until the age of eighteen, when Ansel felt sure of enough of himself to go off to college. Ansel pursued and graduated with a Major in psychology and a minor in education. After graduating, Ansel got a job as a clinical therapist where he worked for two years before deciding that the field wasn't for him. He searched for other jobs and the best one was to work as a college psychology professor at a college in Manhattan.

Ansel moved to New York with a simple good bye to his adoptive father, as the two of them were not emotional types and felt no need for a tearful departure. Richard did leave Ansel with some parting words though, he told him to do what he saw fit not what others wanted him to do.

Last edited:
Hmm, seems cool so far, but I wonder if him and Jaden will get along. Or if Jaden will decided to chase after him as Jade, how he calls himself in his female version of his default form.

Status
Not open for further replies.