A New Dawn

"Oh yes! I really would!" Amura said excitedly as she leaned forward a bit.

Amura really was innocently minded when it came to matters such as this. The blush had made her wonder if Seraphim was embarrassed of the stories of her kind but as soon as she smiled Amura didn't feel as worried about asking her these questions. After all, she did need to understand her people and if she did not know the truth about all types of demons than there was no way that she would be a very good over lady. Sitting forward a bit in her chair, she waited for Seraphim to enlighten her a bit, a maid just walking in to the gazebo with the sweets, tea and Seraphims sandwich.

"Do please show me, I would really like to know. I don't know much about demons so the more that I learn the better off I shall be, I believe." She said with a small smile.

Amura's reaction was not surprising, but Phim still had a hard time keeping a straight face. The arrival of her sandwich was a relief; not only for her grumbling stomach, but for a chance to change the subject. Giving the maid a smile and a nod of thanks, she immediately dug in; mustard and turkey distracting her taste buds.

"That will have to wait until later." She said mid-munch, wiping her mouth with her hand. After another bite, she continued on. "There's a whole bunch of other stuff that you need to learn about your people. Like working on evility. You DO, at some point, need to commit at least one evil deed. Something that will make you known. The more people talk about it, the better..." As the maid rushed off, Seraphim kept on talking; without either one of the girls noticing, Ash came from the other end of the garden.

"Lady Amura, Vaughn wishes to see the two of you! There isn't much time, and it's urgent." Chest heaving, he tried to catch his breath and his knees quaked; after panting for what seemed like forever, he finally looked up at the them. "Vaughn is here. Get yourselves down to Amura's office, before he gets mad! Get!"

Seraphim was used to that tone and with part of the sandwich still in her mouth, she quickly grabbed Amura's hand and dashed into the castle. Excitement and fear rushed through her as they moved through the halls; she barely finished chewing and swallowing the rest of her meal when they burst through the doors in a flurry of robes.

As usual, Vaughn was standing by the window, gazing into nothingness.

"Milady...Seraphim..." His voice was sullen; it was obvious that he was distracted and that made Phim squeeze Amura's hand a bit tighter as he spoke. "The matter of your suitor has come up, Lady Amura and I feel like it needs to be addressed. Suitors from different kingdoms will be coming. Soon. War has broken out...if we join with another kingdom..."

Amura pouted ever so slightly as the subject was changed because of the arrival of snacks. She herself took a bite of sweets that had been lain before her as her free hand reached for her cup of tea. Seraphim was probably right, such talks were probably best for after dinner, when there was time to go on about them and not be interrupted by servant or additions to her work. Still though, she was terribly curious about Seraphim and her natural ways, mostly because she had never known a demon like her. Kind one moment, terrible the next...it truely was baffulling. At the mention of commiting evil acts, Amura openly sighed.

"I don't think that is possible. I'm raised by humans, I have morals...even if i'm my father's daughter. The idea of commiting terrible acts opening puts me at odds with myself. It was one thing threatening that guard in the hall, I wasn't going to seriously do it...But to actually do something of that level or higher?...I don't think I have the heart...or stomach." She explained as she looked to her servant and personal guard.

The conversation was ended though as Ash came dashing from the castle, breathing heavily and he annoucned the arrival of her war general. She stood up instantly in surprise at his sudden appearance. There had been no warning, not even a letter! Leave it to a demon lord to come in unannounced and expected to be greeted properly.

"Oh dear! We should hurryYYYYYY~" Amura squeeled as she was suddenly pulled along by her arm.

She could barely keep her feet one the ground as she was pulled along, the girls soon bursting into the office as Amura looking a bit worse for wear as she stood next to Seraphim, leaning into her a bit as she tried to keep standing up. It took a bit for Vaughn's words to really hit her but the moment they did, her face was flusttered and she quickly pulled her hand out of Seraphim's grip to approach the demon before her.

"A Suitor!? Why on earth would you say such things? I have no interest in the pety wars of other kingdoms! And I will certainly not marry into a family that intents to take part in one! Why bring this up so suddenly? I only just took the throne months ago and I have enough on my plate as is!" She asked as she stoof there before him.

"You act as if I do this willingly." Vaughn said hastily, shooting Amura a glance of worry. He knew as well as everyone else, that the new ruler was not prepared for marriage; she had no idea how to handle the demons she was in charge of now, let alone handle ones she would have to marry. Crossing his arms over his massive chest, he glanced at both of them and sighed."I like this no more than you do. It was just suggested. If you do that, then the people might think you are offering a different approach towards peace."

Leave it to his words to ring true, even though nobody wanted to hear them.

Phim tried to catch her breath as her father spoke; the mention of a suitor not only upset Amura, it made the Succubus a bit uncomfortable as well. Instead of worrying about making peace with other countries, she was focused on the fact that for once the attention was not on her. Amura not having a significant other really mattered; Seraphim was all she needed. It was obvious. With a suitor, that meant that her standing as "most important person" would vanish.

"If she disagrees, then I must as well!" She said, clamoring with a chair that she happened to run into as she joined Amura's side. Clearing her throat and adjusting herself, she stood her ground, even though judging by her father's look and tone- it did not matter.

As much as Amura did not want to admit it, Vaughn had a point. Though a wedding would tie them to the war that was developing outside of her kingdom, it did open chances for peace by opening up trade with another county without any heavy taxes thanks to the marriage. Still, so soon? She had barely been on the throne for half a year and she is already being asked to consider marriage. This was ridiculous. A sigh slipped her lips as she knew there was no point fighting with him...He really did know what was best.

"As much as I disagree upon this, I shall take part in these meetings...If it at least pleases the other countries...I don't need them on my back while I've got other things to worry about. But we will play by my rules and I will not be running about to every castle to introduce myself. If those princes have any interest then they come here...and play by my game." Amura said sternly as she looked at Vaughn and then Seraphim.

"At least this way they can't take a home advantage over me, or try to pressure me into any foolish choices that favor them. Also, that allows everyone, council included, to observe the suitor which keeps him in line and on best behavior...And I'll admit...pretty words have blinded be before...So Seraphim...You need to keep an eye out for me, so I don't at least do anything rash." She said as she spoke to her servant simply.

Seraphim felt the fear of being replaced evaporate as Amura spoke; at least she put her in charge of keeping an eye out for her and that mattered. It meant that Phim was not forgotten and at the most, held in high regard in the over lady's opinion. With a stern nod, she agreed and glanced at her father; Vaughn was surprised by the girls' reaction to the news but it was not unexpected. Of course it was far too early to talk of marriage, but the proposal of suitors meant more than one thing.

It meant peace- and Amura, with her human tenancies, probably preferred it.

"As you wish, Milady. Other countries are prepared to send suitors, so we need to be prepared for this. They are mere suitors, Amura. You can turn them all down, for all I care. Just make an effort to act like you are interested and then have Phim shoo them away." The tone Vaughn used was all to familiar to Phim and she smiled as he did as well. He was giving his daughter a chance to cause mayhem and chaos and that was exactly what she was going to do. Sighing, he shook his head for a moment as Phim nodded at her mistress and smugly crossed her arms over her chest.

"I will do whatever you ask, Milady. I will keep an eye on these suitors. When should we be expecting any of them? Father, please tell me that you at least gave Amura a week or two of preparation..."

Amura smiled at the two of them as their had there little moment, the queen heading towards her desk for a moment before sitting down and relaxing at her desk. This was quite a bit landing on her plate. She hoped nothing went wrong, or at least that she did't cause a war by telling a suitor no if he proposed. Seraphim would do her job well though, Amura knew it. If there was anyone that could shoo away annoying men then it would be her.

"Yes, please tell me that I have some time to get cleaned up and try to look the part of an evil queen. I mean, It's already enough on an issue that my own people thing my clothing is strange, I don't need to hear it from a suitor of another country. On top of that...it would risk them loosing their fear for me yes? If I dress like this." She said as she looked down at her brightly colored gown.

Sighing a bit, she stood back up and headed towards the door.

"Anyway, I'm going back to my tea and desserts if this is all that had to be said. I need a break and this office is just too draining for that. Come Seraphim, let's get back to the gazebo. Thank you for informing me of this Vaughn." She said softly as she looked to him with a kind smile.

Vaughn furrowed his brow as he glanced out the window; they were unmanageable, but with enough patience, over time they would change. For now, they could take all the time in the world before they would become true ladies. Amura's clothing color and Seraphim's lack of dastardly deeds were on the top of the list of things they needed to work on. Putting his plans aside, he decided to at least give her some time. Clicking his tongue and turning to smile at them, he finally moved from the window to the doorway.

"You are very welcome and you have this weekend before the first one is to arrive. I am sure that is plenty of time for Milady to get things in order!" Heels of his heavy boots clicking together, he finalized his words, causing a jumpy guard down the hallway nearly to hop from his suit of armor. Very well aware that he was the bearer of bad news (and also enjoying it, due to his demonic nature), he swiftly moved past the two and out the door; his words most-likely ringing in their ears.

"He said we could send them away," Seraphim said; at least to reassure her friend and maybe even herself. Amura spoke of her desserts and it reminded her that the sandwich was barely finished; the subject of food at least distracting her from the dire matter that was soon coming. Scooping Amura's arm in hers, she playfully led her down the hallway again, chatting along the way. "Have them around until you get bored, let them shower you in gifts, if possible- and then I can send them away!" Phim said jokingly, trying to at least get a smile (or some evil, for once) out of her.

Amura blinked a bit as he mentioned they would only have the weekend to prepare, a small frown on her face as Vaughn left them to their own devices. She wasn't ready for this, not in a long shot. She was hardly able to balance her paper work out with regular eating and sleeping, to also throw a parade of suitors in there fighting for her affection was hardly making her life better. Even with Seraphim trying to comfort her she had little hope for anything going the way she'd like.

Smiling a bit at her servant as she was led along, she gave the smallest of laughs. She did have a point, she could always turn them away after using them for gifts, if anything that should probably be expected of an evil demonic queen, right? Still, dealing with their pushing behavior was something she was not going to look forward too, so she'd have to keep Seraphim close to her at all times, just to make sure they didn't try to pull anything funny. Just because they were trying to marry her didn't mean they were safe to be alone with, there could be assassins anywhere.

"They better bring me nice presents then." She said simple as she gave a small to her body guard, walking arm and arm with her through the garden and back to their treats that had been so rudely interrupted.

"See? We can't go wrong with presents! Think about it: in a few days, you will be getting presents!" Amura's disdain was obvious, but Phim at least got a smile out of her after the mention of presents. Presents could indeed make their lives so much easier- once they were received, both girls could act confused (not to mention guilty) when said sender just "disappears". Quickly taking her chair and lifting the sandwich from it's silver plate, she dove in; her slender figure belied the fact that she ate nonstop, sometimes even in her sleep. Half of the sandwich seemed to disappear in one or two bites and with that, she wiped at the mustard on her lip with a napkin.

"I mean...it's almost like having a birthday every week." Seraphim raised an eyebrow at her own words, trying to convince herself, as well as her friend, that it was a good thing. She had to work on pep-talks; instead of practicing her menacing faces and snide comments to frighten guards and townsfolk alike, a smile or a kind word or two might do the trick. With a nervous smile she scratched the back of her head and chuckled. "Okay, that sounded silly. But maybe if you think about it like a birthday instead of some scumb-- I mean...guy, trying to get you to marry him, it might be less scary?"

Taking a seat at the table, she started to eat some of the cookies that had been made for her, biting into one as she listened to her body guard. She had a point, even if the way she explained it wasn't probably the best. It was enough to at least lighten the mood a bit. Smiling at her again, Amura just laughed a bit and shook her head at Seraphim before speaking softly.

"It's not that I'm frightened of it, I just...I've spent most of my life being courted, even before I realized it. I was always told I as pretty, ever since I was young, so men have often come to me, and even more once I was old enough to court. Now though...I suppose my looks are finally coming to bite me now. Considering what they have done to humans in the past I can only imagine what a demon would think...on top of that my position...I'll have to beat them back with a stick!" She said before taking another bite of cookie. Chewing it in thought for a moment she glanced up at her servant.

"Seraphim...Remind me to get a stick."

Phim took another bite of the sandwich and before completely tearing into it, set it down. With a snap of her fingers, a piece of paper landed on the table in front of her and with one dastardly-sharp nail, scrawled the word "sticks". There had been a shortage of the sharp, pointy things in the castle and that would be concerning to any normal demon.

What on EARTH would they protect themselves with, otherwise? On what, could they make a spectacle of their enemies, than on a nice, trusty stick?

"Sticks. Gotcha...!" Another snap and the paper burst into flame; no doubt to join the other memos she created, in some dimension floating, lost. The strangest part was that even IF they were lost, they never forgotten, sometimes coming back and making themselves known, until said task was finished. When awarded her own small dimension by her father, Vaughn, he made sure that it was one that would be on task. The inhabitants of the place do nothing but sort through her ideas, memos and tasks; picking random ones to be completed.

Settling in her chair, she leaned back and took another bite- two more (it seemed) and it too was gone, leaving her silver plate bare and even crumbless. "But think about it- before, I bet you didn't get half as many gifts as you will now! I can send a memo to my father, requesting that EVERY suitor bring you an extravagant gift! Not only will that make them work extra hard, it would also weed out the lowly ones! Perfect!" Chuckling, she winked at Amura and smiled; that was indeed a perfect idea!

"That is a perfect idea, Seraphim. Have that done as soon as you are able...which means after I'm done with my tea." Amura said with a small grin of her own before she took a sip from her dainty china cup. "And make sure that it is proper presents...nothing improper or something that could be taken the wrong way...Wouldn't want to have to kill someone because they unknowingly offended me. And don't try and kill off any of them by making it so that they do bring improper things! I know how you think!" She warned.

As much as she hated the idea of going through this, she was not about to kill them all. She would give them a fair chance...or as much of a chance that she felt was fair. As far as she was concerned, none of those suitors would be taking her hand, not a single one! Yes, they could give her gifts and shower her with praise but...She was too young and too fresh to ruling to make such an important decision as choosing a man to be the lord to her lady. Sipping her tea once more she thought to herself for a moment before looking at Seraphim.

"That reminds me, before we were interrupted you were talking about showing me your abilities, Seraphim...let's continue with that."

The cough that emitted from Seraphim caused a few birds in a nearby bush to scramble. It seemed as though a bit of her sandwich (as if there really was) was caught in her throat and to thoroughly make the matter worse, her face turned red. This was not a subject she was good with and instead of simply admitting her skills (or lack thereof) she reached for her cup oftea, downed it and hacked again. The Lady Amura sat there, wide-eyed; clearing her throat and her thoughts, Phim collected herself and sighed.

"As you wish, Milady...where should we begin?" She gave her a smile and bit her lip, almost fearing the questions that Amura would ask. Phim knew she was no expert, but if it pleased her friend, she could at least give it a try.

There was no more beating around the bush and as much as she hated it, Phim had to curb her flighty attitude and do as she was told. A vassal was simply there to do just that- whatever was asked of them. If Amura wanted someone out of the way, the poor fool wouldn't know what him; the next day he would wake up in a madhouse, with total amnesia, under someone else's name.

Never to be heard from again. That was just the way things worked.

Seraphim was amazing at the guarding and knee (or ball) busting part of being a vassal. Not only did she excel in combat, she excelled in bullying. A demon had to, in order to obtain notoriety. When it came to all of that, she was the meanest of mean; much to her father's dislike, it meant her seduction level was low and it was rare the humans she would be assigned would like to be beat up. She was adamant that some day it would pay off, as it had her seated next to the overlady of the Underworld.

Once Amura was finished with her treats, Phim rose from her seat and offered an arm. "Since my father is a fan of transporting...should we try it too? I want to make sure he has the message that you only want unique, extravagant gifts. If we do it right, we could be there and back in a jiffy..." Her smile was always playful and mischievous around Amura; others never got to see that side. With a wiggle of an eyebrow, it grew wider. "And, just to see the look on his face..."

"Well...I'm not sure where to start." Amura said simply as she thought about it, her friend soon changing the subject. Smiling a bit, she decided that maybe transporting would be a bit fun. Besides, she was done with her treats and tea and had more than happy to head to her private sitting room and relax in a lounging sofa. She had no interest in working anymore that morning anyway.

"How about this, we transport to your father and give him the message, and then transport to my private sitting room to continue with the discussion on what you do as a demon." She offered as she stood up next to Seraphim. "I don't feel like doing any more paperwork anyway, now with this news floating over my head, so I'm going to have a bit of me time and just relax...maybe have someone do my nails if I feel like it. I'm not really sure."

With a small shrug of her shoulders she turned towards her vassel and grabbed onto her arm, smiling and waiting for her to transport them off towards where ever her father was currently lurking and going about his job.

"Yes, Milady, as you wish!" Phim was not used to using the teleportation spell; the last time she tried, it did not end up well- half of her body was in one place and the other half was in another. Now, she had to try to poof from here to there with two beings? Biting her lip, she disregarded her second-guessing and began to chant the incantation. It was the same Azure glow that came to Vaughn when he summoned the magic; the girl was soon overwhelmed with the simple feeling of it. Smiling, she gripped Amura securely against her and the two vanished from the gardens with a burst of wind.

"I have presented Amura with the means to pacify this ongoing war," Vaughn said to those around him; the Council murmured in approval, even though his answer was unfinished. All different kinds of demons filled the room and the moment Seraphim and Amura arrived, they all stood at attention. With all of their eyes on her, she moved past the vast tabletop and went to her father's side. She could tell he was upset and yet surprised; he alone knew of the outcome of her last teleportation spell.

A tug on his sleeve made him glance at his daughter and after she cleared her throat, she whispered in his ear. A nod of approval and a grunt of acceptance followed and soon, Vaughn was looking at his cohorts, preparing to speak. "Lady Amura is requesting extravagant gifts; she is right, we can weed through the lesser demons that way." The area burst into murmurs and conversation that was only stopped by the sound of the gavel hitting the tabletop and to further press the matter, he hit it again before speaking."Those are the requirements. Who votes this to pass?" Promptly raising his hand, Vaughn glanced from Seraphim to Amura; it was obvious who were lesser demons- of course they would disagree, it would mean they had to work for infamy, otherwise! Less than half of the demons were lesser, yet the vote still passed.

"There we go…" Seraphim promptly went to the overlady's side and grinned; not only did they pass her request, but Sera was successful in getting them there safely. Now, all she had to worry about was getting them back home…
<o:p></o:p>

Amura smiled a bit as she watched Seraphim work on summoning the magic to teleport. She had yet to do it and she was rather excited now to give it a try with her body guard and vessel. Still she hoped nothing went wrong. Last thing she needed was for her upper half to end up one place and her lower half to end up in another. That would not be pretty. Leaning into the demon as the magic was complete, she closed her eyes the whole time, only opening them as they arrived in the council hall where there was a meeting currently going on.

She stood up a bit straighter, knowing that she needed to keep up her powerful appearance, though she let Seraphim deliver the news and instead just stood back and waited, watching curiously as her requirement was debated. It didn't take much though, there were enough high ranked demons on there to put her request in and have it voted to take place. Glancing to her vessel as she came back over to her, she gave a small hidden smile before speaking to her softly in return.

"Thank you, Seraphim. Now let's return, to my room to be specific. I feel rather tired and could use a rest."