A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax smiled kindly and handed the woman some clothes to give to the child. I had bought them for my daughter but I didn't get them to her in enough time. He set a pleasant smile on his face even though his heart fell like it was sinking. Pom if you ever need anything, I'll be in that room. He nodded looking into her eyes and giving her a warm, welcoming smile.

Serena nodded at the dwarf and turned, glanced at Aleina. She wondered if she even remembered Serena from that day. It had been a time ago and it was possible she forgot.
Serena didn't forget though.She was the first person besides other creatures that were nice to her...actually talked to her.

The fire was kind of unsettling. It reminded her of destruction..of people burning trees and setting fires to nature. It scared her more than being around all these strange people.
"S..sure. I don't mind." Her voice was soft and meek.

Silvia smiled as the small child ate and drank then looked worried at the bruising. She held up one hand and a soft warm silver light washed over the child, healing its pains and wounds. "There is that better? "

(Finally hunted down a decent pic to use for Seth, mind you he's not clothed like the char in the pic! Edited the size because I found out there was an easy option to do so at the hosting site I'm using lol))

4h8d44.jpg

He took a long pull of his mulled cider, finishing it off in one gulp then eyed the empty tankard for a moment, pondering ordering a refill. The notion was pushed aside and the empty vessel set off to the side on his table. A brief glance was given to those who had just entered before he turned his attention to the wooden surface of his table once more. This time, however, his lips began to move, forming arcane words in a barely audible murmur as he moved the fingers over his right hand in an intricate pattern.

Moments later a tiny form sparked into existence on the table top before him, a feminine form made out of lightning. The hint of a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth, it had been a long while since he had last summoned this 'creature'. Again his lips moved in quiet words, this time uttered in his native tongue. The tiny figure of lightning seemed to tilt its head slightly to one side, as if listening. Then it gave a nod as the tall elf smiled again. An instant later it began to move around the table top in a graceful manner. In fact, it had begun to dance and as it danced he simply watched, leaning back in his chair once more.

Last edited:
Aleina smiled and nodded to Dax in thanks before walking over to the dwarf and the oddly familiar woman sitting with him. "What can I get you guys?" She asked looking at the dwarf. "How are you doing this morning sir? Not feeling too hungover I hope?" She asked smiling, genuine concern in her eyes.

He turned to Aleina "I'm much better thank you." He spoke with his usual gruff accent "I'll have a cup of hot cider, bread and eggs if ye please."He felt like he would give a bad impression if he were to get drunk in front of a girl as a first impression, it was out of character, but was it for better or worse? His armor clinked and clacked as he shuffled around for his satchel of coins before glancing at the girl opposite of her "Would you like anything?" He asked in an inquisitive manner, he did not fully know how to approach her due to the fact that she herself was unlike many, and it was not just her unusual garb that gave people this assumption.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dax left a grin on his face and left the building for a brief time, deciding to walk around. He got a few bottles of mead and some new clothes for himself when he was to return to towns. He bought nicer clothes, not rags. He had also bought, a necklace. It had a healing power on it and he put it in a special pouch and walked back towards the tavern in which he was staying in.

Aleina smiled at the dwarf. "Certainly, sir." She said, turning to the woman. "And for you, miss?"

He turned back to the girl, simply watching how she would react, ruffling his beard while he did so.

Serena shook her head. "um..uhhh..maybe some..stew." Her gaze kept drifting to the blazing fireplace. It was a considerable distance from her and yet, it seemed to instill fear into her regardless.
She tried to shake it off.
"So..you were going to tell me a story i believe?" Her voice was shaky and still nervous. She feared that she was sounded stupid and tried to calm herself.

The dwarf who had been zoning out for a bit tensed up "Oh, yes..I suppose forgot about that." He cleared his throat as if preparing to give a great aphorism, "I suppose I should tell you my name if anything." He leaned back in his chair as if his name was something that he had forgotten and was trying to recall it from memory. "They call me Barden..yes, that will do..Anyways, I had a wife, and a daughter, and we lived on our own farmstead." He paused each time, trying to recall these repressed memories, whilst keeping a straight face without grieving. "I used to do alot of smithwork like my father, Havrook...Days back then were happy times. My wife died giving birth to my daughter, Branae..she was a strong woman.." He looks to the tavern ceiling, almost wistfully as if remembering the older days. "Regardless, I worked hard to support my little gem, she hardly knew her mother and crops were beginning to wither, as the Maker threw less and less rain in our path." He began to speak more slowly as if it was harder and harder to utter out words until he stopped to a sigh. "My mind would be a bit more clearer with a bit of food in my stomach." He looked towards the counter were the waitress worked, trying to shift the mood a bit.

Aleina quickly made the meals for the dwarf and the woman, smiling sweetly as she delivered it to the table. "Enjoy the food. If you need anything else just let me know." She said as she patted their shoulders gently before leaving.

Serena slowly sipped her stew, the heat of it slightly burning her tongue, but otherwise the aroma and flavor was wonderful. Each sip seemed to fill her mouth with a fresh new flavor. "How is your food Barden?"
She glanced at what he had ordered. The hot cider smelled wonderful as well. Perhaps she would try that next time.

The dwarf took a sip and a helping of his meal, smiling contently as he began to scarf it down into his cavernous gullet, a bit of cider and eggs had gotten into his beard as he satisfactorily leaned back and gave a sigh. "More filling than living off cold rations, thats for sure." He gave a hearty laugh that seemed to echo off the tavern walls. Indeed, he was in a brighter mood and continued his story, speaking of how her little girl worked hard, and began harvesting, and bringing back entire bushels of wheat when she was four. He spoke of the incident, when the girl was beginning to learn how to cook, he tried to surprise his father with morning breakfast, though she had mistaken a misplaced pot of kerosene for water. The pot, being unfortunately misplaced by Barden. He managed to escape through a window, grabbing a picture of her just as the house fell to fire. His face looked a bit more forlorn as he described it, but there was still a bit of contentedness in there, as if he were beginning to get closure.

Last edited by a moderator:
(A picture to give an idea of what the little elemental might look like)
15xpshw.jpg

As the little being made of lightning continued to dance in flowing, intricate movements, he began to hum quietly. The moment he started to hum, the tiny creature paused for a moment, tilting its head ever so slightly to one side, as if listening. Then it gave a nod of its head and began to move in rhythm with the humming. This brought another hint of a smile to the tall elf's lips. Yes, he definitely needed to do this a bit more often. It helped distract his thoughts from staggering down darker paths. Which, in turn, should help him from turning to the bottle again as a good way to forget things. Granted he was pretty sure he wouldn't fall into that habit again. He liked to believe he had the will power to avoid it.

Silvia looked over and with a small movement of her hand, making a small wind fairy appear by the lightning elemental.

(fairy in the middle)
480px-Faerie_%26_Spirits.png

He arched a silvery brow slightly as the wind fairy appeared beside the little elemental, but continued to hum quietly. The elemental didn't miss a step with the arrival of the fairy, and continued it's graceful dance around the newcomer. It did, however, offer the fae creature a nod of its tiny head, as greeting, and a smile. It would have offered a verbal greeting as well, but lacked the ability to actually speak.

The fairy giggled and danced with it, doing twirls and jumps, like a ballerina.

The little elemental offered a broad smile in reaction to the giggle, matching its movements to that of the fairy. Seth, for his part, simply watched on while he continued to hum quietly, the slight smile still holding sway over his angular features.

The fairy then turned to Seth and offered a curtsy then a wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.