A new arrival

M

mphelmsman

Original poster
Hello everyone,

For a while now I've been trying to find a place to rest a gaming world that has been a part of me for most of my life…was a part of me even before I knew what Role Playing Games were. It grew out of the childhood 'pretend' games that I think everyone plays but I was somewhat of a solitary child so instead of graduating from playing 'house' to talking about TV and boyfriends and such I read and turned inward to create layer after layer of what has come to be called the Quester Universe. You will find little things from almost everything that deeply influenced me during my life. If you look carefully you'll find a little bit of Tolkien, a little bit of Misty of Chincoteague, a little of horse-love in general I rode when I was younger), quite a bit of Celtic poetry, stories and spirituality.

Above all always I wanted my world to be a shared creation. I delight introducing what I have to others and then see what they do with it. When I was quite young I envisioned it as a series of novels all wrote by different people. As I grew older and the internet along with gaming in general exploded I started to think of designing it into a game. At first, because my first group experiences at gaming were right out of D&D I started with a friend to develop a gaming book. Then I went back to college after a long hiatus with the goal of getting a degree in Game Designing, on the plot side since my good friend was a better tech than I am and could handle game mechanics better.

Now however I am back to basics, I'm bringing this universe/multiverse here to see if other people can simply enjoy it as much as I do. I'm not looking for publication or anything. I've decided to basically 'open source' the whole thing. My RL ambitions have gone onto other tracks so I am just here to enjoy myself and hopefully help others enjoy themselves as well. I'm happy to meet you all and I hope many of you will give my Quester game (once I get it set up) a try. For a long period, a short period, a one time thing doesn't really matter to me anymore. As I've said I just want to have fun and see how the wonderful people here change, rearrange and make more wonderful a mental 'place' where if I had my choice I would call home. Hope to meet you all soon or later and remember keep having fun!

Welcome to Iwaku, hope to see you around the forms often.

You username is long and so I shall call you Helm. It's good to meet you and to have you here on Iwaku with us!
We have many people who come to Iwaku for their story to be told with our lovely roleplayers, who then get addicted to all the stories we weave. I have high hopes that you too will become intoxicated with the abundance of creativity here! It's fun to play one story, and even more fun to soak yourself in a plot you never even considered!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
A lot of the starter things are covered in Community 101 and Community Hub, so it's definitely worth taking a look at those.

Welcome to Iwaku. I hope to see many creative works from you!

Ok I think this will do.. although you were supposed to make an individual thread.. but no! This is cool enough. *Hugs* Welcome, Jinx

Heyo! Welcome! Hope to see you around!