A New Age Dawns…

Nodding once to his comment she sighed and leaned back against the cave wall and wrapped her arms around her knees once more. "I do not normally talk of my own parents, I had to know if you were resistance or not, though most know of my father there are bound to be those who do not. I am unsure of which you are, a resistance or passerby who happened upon something."

The fire danced along the walls and she sighed, putting her chin on her knees. It was going to be yet another long wait. If no one else showed up soon she thought she would explode, and the problem with her current company was she had no idea which side he was on. She looked up a little when he asked her how long they were going to stay there. "I am unsure, it really depends on who shows up, if anyone does. If you are not a resistance member you may leave whenever you please." She said though she did not relax a bit, though as a second thought, "I was not offended, I do not liked to be touched, you were unaware it is no fault of yours."

--------------------

"Would you stop that, it is for your own good." Max said running till he spotted the humans again, well one human and an elf, maybe. They were confusing but he wasn't thinking of that right then. Following them he paused a moment as he felt the little fairy pounding on his fingers. "Would you prefer I put you in my mouth in fox form? I can do that you know." Looking around he had missed where they went but he'd be able to find them hopefully. "Look, there is something wrong, you are to irritated to notice so stop it and pay attention." Adjusting his position so that he was standing right in front of whatever the black thing was, opening his hands just enough to let the little fairy see what was coming.

He looked at her and then opened his mouth to speak but closed it. He felt weird at the whole mention of his family and now all this reestiance was going on and he had no clue. He wonderd about the fox and the farie but he was pretty sure they could fend for themselves. " If everything goes as plan i will leave on my merry way but if it dosent ill stay.

Gerard haden't expected this and would kill to be in the forest again than this...cave. It was like the wait of a burdden cweighing down on him every second but he didn't complain for the simple fact that it was't himself to complain, he usually went along with anything. The thought of a war filled his mind and he wondered if it was going to happen soon.

"I would expect nothing else of you." She said as she looked to the opening. No one else had come in, it was just the two of them. "I would not however, go outside at this moment. Do you remember that feeling? The one while the black stuff was coming at us? Did you notice it at all?" They were all valid questions, if he knew that feeling then she would be able to explain things better than if he didn't. She knew it all too well, the feeling of demons heading toward them, a big black cloud of them, some of them would not demons at all.

Gerard nodded and then looked out the openeing. The sky wasn't bright as it was before instead it was gray like a darkish color and it was not natural. Usually the forest was calm and peaceful even in the rain it was still a calm enviroment. The birds flew the oppisite direction and he saw some of the deer from the vew run. walking over to the opening he looked up at the sky and then he turned tword Selena " I did have an earie feeling and i only caught a glipse since i was following you". He smiled and then sighed.

"It is not something to smile about." She said her eyes fixed on him. "That feeling, remember it. In the days to come it may save your life." She paused for a moment as she stood, stretch and let out a deep breath. "The black cloud, or that feeling comes from demons. When they are in a mass like that it is next to impossible not to notice something." Another pause and she went to the opening by Gerard. "I felt it during battle, when my father was slain. It never goes away, that feeling." Her voice dropped a bit. "No matter how hard you try."

He immeditally stopped smiling although he was nice and calm in the worst sceniros. His rule that he kept to himself made him stronger and that is what pushed him to survive. Hatred only makes you weak, learning to forgive makes you stronger. His father's words that he always remembered. Being calm was the only thing that kept him nice. He knew the hatred he had and the anger was deep down but he never showed it. When Selena talked about the demons and her father's death he couldn't help but pull her into his arms and hug her. He knew she had heavy anger and revenge and as much as she hated to be touch he knew that she longed for a gentle touch as well " When the time comes you'll fight until then clear your mind".

The fairy was far too irritated to listen to anything that his captor told him. He continued to beat at the fingers until they opened slightly as the man stopped talking. Seizing his chance to escape, Tym loosed a blast of telekinetic force at the gap in Max's fingers, opening them enough for the fairy to squeeze out. Tym flew at the gap at full speed, exiting his prison and careening into the forest in the general direction of a strange blackness. Of course Tym was completely unaware of this, as he was looking backward to be sure that he would not be captured again.

She was shocked and annoyed at the man's embrace but she returned it taking some comfort from it. her eyes flew open as she noticed a few glowing lights ahead of them. "Is that?" she wondered as she lightly extracted herself from Gerard and stared out at what looked like the fox man and the fairy. "They are in trouble." She said cursing under her breath. "Wait here." Rushing out she caught up to the fairy and hopefully waved it down. "Hey, careful, danger, over here." She shouted as best she could in a vain attempt to get the little creature to notice the trouble before it. There were enough she knew of that had perished due to demons, she did not care for another to die because of them. Finally giving up she muttered a spell that caused huge flames to dance in front of the fairy. She was careful to make sure they were far enough away for it to stop but close enough for it to notice right away.

The demons paused in their advance and screeched long and loudly. The terrible sound reached her ears and she winced and turned around to face them. Her heart pounded in her chest, if they knew of the meeting place the resistance would be finished. There was no way she would be able to hid there again, no way she would have enough time to even attempt to run for the cave. She really hoped others would come and help because she was idiotic enough to forget her throwing knives and sword. All she had were the spells in her head and if those didn't work she would be toast.

---------------------------------

Max winced at the fairy's serge of power. "hey." He said and chased after the fairy. "Come back, it's not safe over there." He yelled but it seemed the fairy was not listening. He had to do something or the thing was going to be hurt, badly, or worse die. Changing into his fox form he picked up speed till a large wall of fire stopped him in his tracks. Through the flickering flames he noticed the female from before. What was she up to and where was the male, that Gerard person through all of this?

When Selena left he stayed in the cave and just sat there clearing his mind of all thoughts. He was annoyed at the fact that she thought he couldn't defend himself let alone test the demons. After a while he got bored of the cave, noticing that selena haden't come back made him curious. He walked out the gave. He didn't get too far when he smelled the smoke and saw the flames. There was selena face to face with the dark cloud of demon and the fairy. Gripping his hand on his blade he walked around slowly and climbed up the nearest tree. Throwing the medium sized nuts at the demon to distract it seemed like the best option at the moment.

A few of the demons turned toward where Gerard was throwing things at them. Some of them growled and moved toward him while a good chunk of them remained where they were, staring hard at her with their glowing eyes. The one's that had been drawn away looked like something without substance, something not quite a liquid but yet not quite a solid either. The resistance fighters had no word for it but if someone else did that was all well and good, please tell them.

"Is he an idiot?" she muttered under her breath when what she was doing brought to mind the same question about herself. Closing her eyes for a moment and pushing down the fear she felt with facing this things with just one other person she muttered a few spells and hoped for the best. If Gerard or herself couldn't get out of this she would not only blame herself for his either death or capture but she would be sure to at least attempt to leave some sort of message behind for the others, if that didn't work, so much for the resistance.

When he saw the deamon head his way he watched them not moving from his place in the tree. He threw more rocks and then removed his shirt taking the blade that was kept under it. He clenched the blade in his fist as he watched the demons with a smirk and in a matter of seconds he jumped on and sliced them on a single cut. Once he landed he ran tword the other ones and jumped up cutting some with his bade. Reaching into his bag he pulled out the veil and drank from it. The markings on his arms turned red and he sood ready.

Her eyes were still closed and she was muttering under her breath. Some of the demons had become brave enough to move closer to her and were soon on top of her. The moment they were in range she let loose her spell and smiled as they bolted to the rest of the group. For an instant her vision became blurry and she thought she would fall but she steadied herself and took a deep breath. Out of the corner of her eye she saw something glowing, it was Gerard's arm.

"What is?" She thought as she took a step closer to the man. Cautiously she moved, she did not want to startle the guy and have him turn on her. What she was seeing, she had no idea what it was though it seemed familiar somehow. When she was close enough to help yet far enough away to not get damaged she began her muttering and spell casting again. First was a protection spell, well barrier to be exact. As long as they were in that barrier they were safe, if they ventured out it was a battle zone. This is what she's done before, if the man was injured she would be able to heal him in there.

"The protection barrier is up, when you can no longer fight come into it." She shouted at Gerard and began her other spells. This was going to be difficult. It was hard enough to keep one spell going but multiple? Another deep breath and she was ready for this.

Gerard was focused on the demons and he killed more of them there seemed to be more that showed. His arms were red and then the ones on his chest, his body felt alive and he continued to slash threw then jumping up into the ar at a great amount of height. His power even greater with the veil. It released his energy into a from of power, depending on how he used it it glowed red or blue. When they were mostly gone realzing they lost some demons stayed. Gerard walked into the barrier and looked at Selena " took out most

She helped out as best she could without killing him in the process. Honestly she had no idea where he learned to fight but it was good, if not a bit irritating because sometimes he would move enough to cause her to flinch so she wouldn't have one of her spells hit him dead on and kill him. As much as she hated to admit it, she was grateful for his help. "Not all by yourself." She said back as Gerard walked in the barrier. Smiling she walked over to him and attended to his wounds if he had any.

One of the demon's had become a bit to curious about the barrier and had attempted to enter, it died very quickly which led the others to believe they too would perish should they attempt to enter. To be honest, yes these would perish but it did not keep out very powerful demons, nor powerful mages like the Dark Mage. If they ever engaged in battle, she wasn't sure who would win but she was positive if, and only if, she managed to destroy that man with her own abilities it would cost her a great deal.

Gerard breathing increased as he let Selena attend to his wounds. He wasn't severly hurt but he did have a deep cut on his chest and arms. Looking at her he smirked smightly " So you seem to be really good at this, im glad you know magic well". He knew that he wasn't the best with magic but he was excellent in combat and fighting skills. The demons began to decrease in numbers and he smiled when their were three left. " You wat to kill them or me".

"You seem to be really good at fighting. A fierce warrior, I would not wish to meet you in battle." She said smiling politely as she finished healing him. Looking out to where he spoke she smiled wider and arched a brow. "Fifty-fifty? I take the one on the left you take the one on the right and we both take the one in the middle, I shall follow you." It was true she could take them all out but he fought well and she could see him as an ally in the future should they cross paths once more. If she used this last spell, she would be sure to be careful not to cause to much damage to her hands. No one knew of it, she had not told a soul. Her mother is the only one besides her who had attempted that spell. "After you." She said a mischievous grin replacing her polite smile.

He nodded agreeing with the plan and then he took a deep breath before looking at the three demons that stood out of the feild. His arms glowed red and then he clenched the sword in his hand before looking at slena. " Okay lets do this". Walking out the barrier he walked a few feet away and he watched as the demons wiled up. In an instand he dashed past one and jumped up slicing the demons head off. He looked at the other once they were spliting and he sliced the bottom half off leaving her the top.

She muttered a spell under her breath, her eyes were closed and her left hand clenched her right wrist the palm facing upward. Once the spell was complete she dashed out after him and slammed her glowing green right fist into the first demon who exploded in sparks of green and blue. A quick jerk of her right hand made a sword appear and she followed his lead slashing at the top half of the demon. It spasmed and then fell to the ground, the top half disintegrating into tinny green beads.

A single smile touched her lips before her eyes closed and she collapsed to the ground. That spell took a lot out of her, she needed to rest. She caught a glimpse of her hand after the spell and it looked damaged, almost burned to some degree. Later, later she would heal it, right now she needed to rest. Her breathing became shallow and it was almost like she were dead. The only reason she even considered doing that spell was she had someone else with her, if it were just her forget it. It was too dangerous to do something like that alone. What she hoped is that she was putting her trust in the right person.

Her eyes had wondered to the fairy, and that fox kid before she left the barrier. She hoped they were alright, something about them made her want to protect them. How silly was that.

----------------------

Sitting slightly a moment as the shock wore off Max was off again. Soon he was up a tree and had tackled the fairy. It might be looking behind it but it had to look in front when the fires came up so that it wouldn't go through them. they were magical flames, ones that could do serious damage to any magical creature, including himself. He was careful not to touch or get to close to the flames. "Shhhh." He said to the newly recaptured fairy. He was sure it would get out again somehow but for now it was safe. "I mean you no harm you purple idiot." He muttered as he looked the flames. The moment he'd jumped after the fairy was the moment he changed back to his human form. In all honesty he had no idea if he had caught the fairy, it could be a trick for all he knew but for now he wanted to believe he did something good.

After the last demon was taken out he sighed in relif and streached his body. When he looked back he saw Selena collapse to the ground. Rushing over he shook her but she didnt wake, as he placed his two fingers to her neck he felt the slow pulse. Gerard looked around and he knew it wasnt safe were he was. He picked her up in his arms looking at the fox and the farie to signal to follow him. In a few he dashed off into the forset dodging through trees.

Once they arrived at the house he opened the door and carried her inside and placing her on the bed. He walked into the kitchen and started on some medicene and then went back to check on her.

Her eyes moved beneath her lids as her dream became more intense. She was running through the woods away from something she couldn't see. The more she tried to run faster the slower she got till she was engulfed in darkness. The spell seeped into being and she could swear she heard a voice but she shook it from her mind. It was the spell playing tricks on her, she had to fight it. The smell of herbs and medicine filled her nose and she moaned and moved her head, consciousness still out of reach.

She wasn't sure how long she was out for or where she was. All at once the spell broke and she shot straight up into a sitting position, covered in a cold sweat. Her heart was pounding in her chest like a herd of wild horses, and her breathing had increased to the point where she was almost hyperventilating. What was that all about? She wondered as she tried to take slow and deep breaths to calm herself back down. Her eyes wondered to Gerard who she'd assumed had taken care of her as the spell had worked its way out of her system. By the gods she felt hungry.

Tongue like cotton she asked for food and had to lay back down or risk falling over and landing on something that would harm her. "How long?" she asked, parched throat refusing to let her ask any more than a few things at a time.

-----------------------------

Max had followed the strange human thing as he carried the other strange female thing to somewhere safe. He kept his hands closed tight around what he hoped was the fairy and soon settled himself in a corner of the house that looked like no one had been around for awhile. He did not like it, there were too many walls around him and he felt suffocated. Perhaps he should just hide somewhere in the woods. What really shocked him was how he was following this male in the first place, he was a Kitsune, he should not be following someone.