~ A N A R C H Y ~

{Gil}:

Gil was regretting his decision to join in as a deckhand, already forgetting those cold and lonely nights on the streets, covered in filth. His clothes stuck to him with sweat and sea water, his hair felt oily and gritty, and he hated just about every damn person on the boat, especially the nobles.

"Probably never worked a day in their lives I bet," he whispered under his breath as he made his way to the crows nest. The only job he actually didn't mind because it was so stupidly simple, most of the time you just sat around and did nothing but rest. Gods help you if they hit something why you were on watch though, but that was really only a problem when nearing shore.

As he reached the top he sighed with relief, he had been helping scrub the deck all morning and his arms felt like lead bars, and his stomach had revolted against three times already, if the damn ship could stop swaying everything would be just fine.

He frowned as he watched an old man flick liquid all over the recently cleaned deck.

"Oi," he shouted. But the old man waved off his shout, Gil knew that the old man could do what he wanted. It was made clear that the wrinkled bag of skin was near above him on the chain of command, actually, almost everybody was above him on the chain of command.

"Your lucky I don't come down there and kick your ass," he whispered to himself. In his heart he knew he would never have the guts to do such a thing and when the man aimed his staff at him he freaked out, cowering away from the approaching fireball and almost falling out of the nest.

But there was no fireball of course and a deep crimson flushed his cheeks as he realized he had been fooled by none other then the old man. He mad several curses to the wind, promising the eternal damnation of the wizard before getting bored. When another man came to relieve him, he grumbled about his relaxation time being ruined.

And no doubt he would have to clean up after the old man too. He sighed as he marched off the deck, mad that he now had to do more work then needed. On the way to the cargo hold he bumped shoulders with a young man.

Already ticked from the wizard he spun on him, upon seeing his appearance; a lithe figure with a pale complexion, soft blond hair, and and being relative clean skin, he concluded that he was probably a spoiled noble. He looked around and saw another noble and a small bower girl, both looked well off though it was obvious the girl was a slave.

"Oi, boy. You should watch were you going, some people actually work around here and don't sit around doing nothing. And you ,slave, don't you have a master to go to? Or did he accidentally left you off his leash," he spat on the ground at them.

It was a dangerous move, if they were actually powerful nobles he would get into some serious punishment, flogging even, if they were one of the higher ups. But they were pretty young and they needed every deckhand they could get right now.

{Adan Armando}:

The wind rushed past him as he stood at the bow of the ship, enjoying the view. The last few days had been quite exciting, he had made a short trip from the small village with some of the other villages to one of the large port cities in hopes of selling some fish. While there he caught site of a giant ship and a plethora of rumors, there meaning of them, some more far fetched then others yet the general consensus was that it was destined to find the missing heirs that caused such treacherous times.

He knew then he wanted to join the ship. If he could find the heirs and...kill them, everything would be fine, the world would be in such a beautiful state of chaos that it made his heart leap with giddy excitement. He had killed a few people here and there, ten to twenty maybe, but at the thought of being responsible for the death of thousands was almost too much to bare.

Getting on the ship was to hard, a smile, some coins, and the fact that he was a fisherman helped earn him a spot and it amazed him how simple and fast his life had changed. He had been home for over a decade and left it in a heartbeat. But the problem was that it never really felt like a home, the people were too friendly and the town was too peaceful, he yearned for disaster.

Seeing people trembling in fear, cowering in horror as they realize they're going to die, reducing the strong willed to a pitiful a husk, and doing all that by his own hand is what he wanted and this ship could offer it. He sighed with the pleasure of those thoughts and turned around when he smelled the faint scent of blood.

An old man was sprinkling the liquid over the deck, shouting at a deckhand, and staring intently at the resulting pools. The blood brought a smile to his face and stepped gently over to the wizard, crouching down he asked,

"Now why is an old man like me so purposefully ruing a perfectly good deck, just look at the mess you've made," his voice was light and cheerful but as his gazed at the man his thoughts grew darker. He did not like the way the old man seemed so...confident? Arrogant? Cocky? Whatever it was it was driving him mad, he wanted to bash him on the skull. Cave his head in and watch the man twist his face in shock and fear, he wanted to see him TREMBLE.

Years of practice protected these thoughts with a facade of smile, a cheerful grin that made it seem like he cared for his response.

{Summary}:

Gil whines about everything that annoys him and start a confrontation with: Dalak and Ida.
Adan starts a pleasant conversation with a wizard.

Without the sound of the waves crashing against the ship and the voices of some passengers, it might have been possible to hear the sickening sound of someone losing their lunch, repeated several times until dry-heaving replaced the vomitting. This all came from the dirty figure held upright by wobbly legs, the front half of its body flopped over the side of the boat and blank eyes staring into the deep blue giant face of a monster called "The Sea."

It was worse than she'd felt in a long while, and it almost made her too weak to express the anger that usually kept residence inside of her. Honey, the name she felt most associated with, chastised herself for being such a pitiful flimsy thing instead of distracting herself with a task of some sort. The other passengers, none of whom had she looked in the face yet, seemed to have few difficulties making themselves stay busy. She could hear a man's voice somewhere nearby, but she didn't care much for it. It was a young girl's giggles from the same area that caught her attention and made Honey's eyes slowly droop closed like she had been set down on a plush pallet and covered with a blanket. Those giggles were like warm broth and cool water, simple and soothing. She hooked onto the sounds of the young girl's voice, taking refuge in the fact that there was at least one drop of innocence on this ship for her to nurture. She wouldn't have to be alone on this ship after all. It was peaceful for a few moments inside Honey's mind, no longer bubbling over with violence and frustration and confusion. Vaguely, she heard a boy's voice talking to the girl, but the girl did not seem alarmed.

Then it happened.

Unpleasant and irritated were two of her most identifying traits, and this she knew quite well. So when someone unpleasant or irritated appeared, she could always sense it in their voice even if it held no obvious inflections of irritation. Miniscule sounds in the very base of a person's voice were not so miniscule to her ears, so when a man with a blatantly disdainful voice neared the girl, it was like being slapped in the face. Honey's eyes snapped open and quickly narrowed into angry slits, a glint of gold that threatened violence if necessary, but for a moment she waited to see if he would behave himself.

He did not behave himself, and violence was necessary. He had turned his attention to the giggle-girl, apparently a slave girl, and was demeaning her. Children were never, ever acceptable targets for anyone to harm, whether verbally or otherwise. Doing so within range of Honey was practically begging to be punished. And then he spat. Honey did not know the target of such a crude gesture, but at this point it didn't matter. He was already a target.

What a horrible decision, she thought. Now I will take greater pleasure in hurting you.

It was difficult to be tough when your stomach was far past empty and your legs refused to walk like normal, Honey discovered shortly. Spinning around after having your head hung down for a while was also unwise, but nonetheless Honey charged full steam ahead towards the disdainful man's voice, crusty black hair slapping against her shoulder when she turned sharply. There he was, standing near a small Bower girl. The giggling girl.

Deciding how best to harm him, Honey quickly ran through her options like they were just options for a fancy dinner. She chose a method based on the fact that she was in his field of view. A scrubber brush sat in a puddle of bubbly water near the four passengers. She executed her attack like she was casually eating the fine dinner she had chosen.

She charged in his general direction, looking as though she would pass by him with a few feet to spare. There was no malevolence in her posture, her bowed head and lowered eyes. She just looked like a slave in a rush to do some task. But then she swerved, picked up the cleaning brush after taking extra care to rub it in the bubbly water, and launched it at his face in a way that it would not hit the girl if it missed.

If that misses, you useless man whore, do not be happy. If it misses I will have to get closer to you, and that will end up much worse for you, she thought.

I hope it misses.

Cheemlen, going solely by Honey, blows chunks off the side of the ship but takes comfort from Ida's giggles, because she hopes that she will have an innocent child to nurture and protect. Gil comes over and Honey dislikes the way he acts towards Ida, so naturally she throws a brush at his face.

-_Ida Kyyle_-

She grinned as Pad purred and licked the small scar on her wrist. He then started purring louder then he ever had before, and she started giggling. "Stop it, Pad!" She didn't really mean it, and Pad continued. Ida looked up from the kitten when a man spoke, and spat on the ground. It took her a moment to really hear what he said through the spite in his words. "I-I... My cat, Pad... ran off..." she mumbled, and blushed. "He let me..." She trailed off, and buried her face in Pads fur, her wings folding up to her back. She HAD worn a leash, but it was to keep her from getting lost in the crowds. But that's different, right?​ She felt embarrassed, and felt her face go redder. Her cat turned his gaze to the man and hissed angrily, his claws digging into Ida's arm... again. "Shush, Pad..." Ida whispered, hoping the man hadn't noticed and wouldn't get mad.

{Jun'Tzia Flowingspirit}

Gathering several volumes of old books in a high stack Jun picked it up and walked over to a high bookcase, balancing the books on her hip as she started putting the books back in their places, she loved the smell of old books, the leathery scent and the sense of old knowledge hiding beneath each cover. She loved working with all these books and every break she had she spent reading one of the old volumes, only one thing kept her from being completely happy here. Her revenge. THe loss still weighed heavily in her heart and mind, still she awoke from nightmares and carried the guilt with her every step, Jun was sure the guilt and sadness would lessen if she could get her revenge and if she at the same time helped rid Eliydar from enemies then it was even better.

Sighing she put back the last book and dusted herself off before heading to the front desk to put down the books that had been returned in the large tome there, its pages were scriblled page up and page down with the books that had been borrowed and to whom so the library always new which books were where, and if someone didn't return a book then it was simple to look up whom had borrowed it. The day was slow so far, not many had visited today and in a way Jun prefered it that way, while she was a social being she loved spending time alone just browsing through books and enjoying the silence and peace in the library.

But all too soon her work was done and with nothing else to do Jun went for a stroll through the city, she'd already had her practice today and she didn't feel like training anymore today. Instead her feet led her to the harbour, the gentle sound of waves, the call of sea birds and a wind full of salt greeted her, closing her eyes Jun breathed deeply, her brown hair billowing slightly in the breeze. There was a new ship in today she noticed as she opened her eyes again, a large, beautiful ship with an elegant arving at the bow showing its name, Desdemona.

Interested she walked closer to see more, the docks were full with people and many seemed to hustle around the new ship and boarding it. "Can I help you?" A man called out to her when she got closer, apparently she seemed lost in his eyes. "No I was just admiring the ship. What is its purpose?" The man looked at her, slightly suprised perhaps over her little knowledge.

"Why this ship is sent out by the three countries to find the cause for the royal children's mysterious disappearance." It instantly caught her interest, could this be her chance perhaps, to get revenge and help her land both in one blow? Without thinking much Jun took her impulsive decision. "I'm skilled with my blades and magic, I would gladly lend my hand to this journey."

He looked at her as if judging the truth in her words before giving a shrug. "We are always accepting more crew, this matter needs solving and if you can add your skills you are free to join."

It all happened fast, Jun rushed back home, packed her things, money and beloved swords before notifying the library that she wanted to quit. Before long she was back in the harbour and stood before the Desdemona, the large ship held her goals now and she hoped it would lead to what she wanted.

--Summary--
Jun finishes up her work in the library and takes a walk through town and end up in the harbour where she sees the Desdemona and learning its purpose she quits her job and decides to come abord the Desdemona to achive her goal of revenge.

KARSEUN GEBURICH

"Wizard!" Geburich barked, without looking at the stranger who had disturbed him. "Shut up!"

He went back to staring at the blood patterns, both hands and forehead pressed against his staff as he sat. He was looking for speckles - telltale signs of the victim's body dropping to the deck. But there were none - which meant the assassin must have cau...

He realised the stranger was still smiling at him, the sun glinting on white and perfect teeth. Geburich turned and scowled at the crouching intruder - a tall, dark-skinned Gelu. Bearded, unlike many of his kind. This indicated good stock, at least. And he had wrinkle-lines from all the smiling, just as Geburich had wrinkle-lines from all the scowling. The Wizard wondered for a moment if his chipper alterego had been suddenly manifested.

Geburich's voice scratched like twigs on stone. "I suppose you're another lackey of the damn noble houses." He glanced at Adan's clothes and considered changing his hypothesis. But why quit when you're in the saddle? "Looking for a war in a haystack." He went back to staring at the blood. "Don't worry yourself. We'll all be killing each other soon enough."

He stood up suddenly, picking up the jar and dipping his fingers in it again. He looked down at the Adan. "Don't move." He flicked some blood on the ground between them. Adan slowly rose to his feet, and Geburich missed the slight wobble in the Gelu's leg as he did so. The Wizard held out his staff, prodded Adan slightly, then swung it left and right, as if measuring. His other blood-smeared thumb traced invisible lines in the air.

He muttered to himself a little more then looked up at Adan, staring directly through him. Then he uncrumpled the charcoal sketch. "Hmm... clustered spatters," he muttered. "These men were killed simultaneously."

{ SUMMARY }
Geburich writes Adan off as a henchman of the Eliydar nobles. He then uses the man to do some measurements and work out that the crew of the Great Dragon were all killed within a few seconds of one another.

Ario watched as the man started yelling at the little girl, Ida, and his jaw clenched. Ida seemed unable to defend herself as his hands clenched and he turned to tell the boy off, handling his blade with one hand. "That is highly unwise of you, boy," he said and looked at him, "Keep your head down and get back to work before you stir up the wasp's nest." he said and saw the girl getting ready to throw the bucket and let fly, and he mumbled, "Maybe you already have." he said as he moved in front of Ida in her defence.

{Hanamar Valon}

Halfway toward the library, Hanamar's destination, a small Acluv came fast down the other end of the hallway. When he saw Hanamar he seemed happy, which was rare with the other expressions he received when people saw him. As the Acluv approached he handed Hanamar a parchment, nodded, and walked away. Typical Acluv.

He read the letter, and laughed aloud.

Karseun Geburich had returned to Aisak. Though the letter bore no seal, he knew the handwriting. He turned around and started for the queens chambers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He came before your little meeting with my husband.". The Queen wore silken robes of gold and blue. She was barefoot. Her long hair was tangled from the bed. "I could not tell what they were saying."

Hanamar took a long swig of Fair-Made Mead. It was Fair indeed, not the best, but not the worst.
After he swished around a little, swallowed, and said, "Well, what they said is no concern of mine. What I am concerned about is what you said to him." He settled back and waited for an answer.

She looked at him with those cold, deadly eyes. "All I told him is what needed to be done."

"And what is needed to be done, sister? What did you tell him to do? Rip out the killers insides? Flay the man until he screams no more?" Hanamar leaned in closer across the table where they sat, and whispered, "You and I both know that Geburich, as evil and cruel and stubborn he is would never do any such thing. Even to avenge the children he revered so much."

The queen leaned in closer as well. "I know this. This is why I called you here, brother. I know you will get to the bottom of this, at any risk. These are your nephew and niece we speak of avenging." She got up and grabbed a small piece of paper from the dresser across the room. As she moved from there and back, he realized she had lost her queenly, graceful walk.

She is lost without her children

When she sat down she tossed the paper toward Hanamar. "Your ticket onto the ship Desdemona. It is heading south right now but it will soon be back. You will go and find the killer, bring him back here and when you do, you will toss him into the deepest dungeon you can find. In fact, why don't you use him for your, experiments, you call them?"

By the Gods, she's gone insane. She has never asked me to use someone for my projects before

{Summary}Hanamar is on his way to the library, when he gets a message from the queen. He has a brief talk with his sister and in the end is givin a ticket onto the Desdemona to find the killer, if there is one.

Dalak's ears perked at the harsh words being thrown at him and the little slave girl. Angry emotions toward himself, he could take it and force it down inside... but anger directed at a women, let alone a little slave girl, was a big "NO" in his book. Dalak wheeled around to face this man, who looked unkempt and dirty, and placed a hand on his short-sword that he kept at his waist at all times.

"I would think, that you don't mean what you just said, else I might be forced to deal with you. Now I suggest, that you apologize... NOW."

Dalak took a step forward and whipped a hand out to the man's face, catching the brush flying toward the man's head. Dalak turned to the woman who had thrown it and underhand tossed it back to her. He smiled at her to show he was not angry.

"Gotta say, that was a VERY nice throw. But violence? In front of the slave girl? *tsk tsk tsk*"

After smiling at her in a suave way, he focused his attention back on the distressed man in front of him.

{ KEDA ANGHARRA }

Golden evening light was slanting through the leaves, golden shadows dappling the dark earth. Chilly breezes swept through Keda's forest, and she wrapped her bearskin around herself closer. The hide made her seem primeval. The rest of her clothes were more human, the leather tempered and soft, but part of the hide's purpose was to make her look larger, more fearsome. It would not do to look scrawny. While most nocturnal predators were scared off well enough by a queer scent, the rest did better with some convincing. A strange-smelling, big hairy creature was scarier than a strange-smelling, thin short one. Keda was heading home after a long day collecting berries. She'd traveled along the river for this, taking her to the very edge of her forest. She'd always had senses honed since birth to the surroundings of her forest, and did not find it difficult to navigate the forest in the night, so she had not hesitated to travel far, knowing she wouldn't make it back by evenfall.

It was then that she saw the elk. She took a sharp intake of breath despite herself. The creature was stumbling through the trees not far ahead, and it had not smelled her yet. Carefully she shrugged off the cloak, letting it fall quietly to the ground, and set aside her berry pouches near it, one hand reaching over her shoulder to carefully take out her bow. She had not thought of hunting large game, so she did not have a spear with her, but the bow and arrows and three daggers she had brought might be enough. The great deer was so close. She could even feel the tendrils of its weakened mind reaching outwards, passing her by, tired and feeble. These great beasts virtually never wandered so far south, even in colder climes. And alone, with a limp? Its uneven gait and paling fur identified it as an older loner. Its dark eyes were large and bottomless with wisdom.

Keda found herself desperately wanting to make this catch. It would be perfect preparation for the cold seasons ahead. The leaves were already beginning to change their hue, ever so subtly. Perhaps this was a sign from Auosai. She let the arrow fly and it embedded itself in the elk's flank. She shot another one very quickly, but it missed the mark of the neck and glanced off a shoulder. Keda cursed. Surely such a large creature needed more than one arrow to successfully tranquilize it. Already it had screamed in pain and was galloping off, back the way Keda had come. She ran forward at a wild sprint, collecting her stray arrow as she went without breaking stride, a skill acquired over decades of practice.

Notching another arrow, she dashed through the trees after it, moving impossibly fast. Fleetfoot, her father had nicknamed her when she was a little girl, because she would always run away from him into the forest and return unscathed. And then she'd grown and gotten very annoyed by the childish term of endearment. I have a name, Father … I'm not a little girl anymore.Keda felt a pang of sadness even as she let another arrow fly, a graceful shot that hit the elk in an ideal spot, between neck and shoulder. She was close enough to sense its grating desperation, and knew that this would be no short chase. The mountain thinks itself invincible, but even mountains will one day fall to dust before the wind. Keda had never seen a mountain, but Hol had told her stories. Great cold, ugly, hulking things they were, tooth-shaped spires that sat like misshapen cathedrals among rock rubble and scratched at the belly of the sky, never politely moving out of the way for anyone, not even alive like trees.

She kept running, falling back as she felt the elk's mind begin to scatter and falter, crumbling apart with the strain and the lulling hum of the sedative. She knew its limp was giving it a terrible stab of pain each time the leg was used, and the elk slowed to minimize the agony. She made sure to give it a wide berth, admiring the awesome animal from every possible angle. The hulking shoulders, as that of a great bear; the spiny protrusion of magnificent antlers, the clawed hands of the ghostly monsters from Hol's tales. When at last the elk buckled to its knees, heaving, she waited much longer than usual, long past the drowsy shutting of its eyes, past the measured rise and fall of its shoulders that indicated deep sleep. She just watched it, sensing the old soul's departure from this world was harder than most. Once Hol had asked her, just a month before … the accident … She remembered it clearly, one night by the fireside, he had muttered curiously, I wonder … do they know? Even before they finally close their eyes, or as they are sleeping? Have their spirits already begun to wander?

Keda had looked at him blankly. Of course they do, she said, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. She remembered feeling confused. Hol was the wise one. He'd always known things, had taken knowledge to his grave, things that would take her a lifetime to learn without him. And yet here she was, just knowing for certain something he could find no answer for. He had regarded her with such pride and awe that the memory brought tears to her eyes.

At last she moved forward.

Ba-da-boom.

She froze.

Ba-da-boom. Ba-da-boom. Ba-da-boom. Ba-da-boom-boom. Ba-da-boom. Ba-da-boom.

Her grey gaze grew iron hard. She had heard this sound before. Horses galloping. Her father had taught her to stay away from the riders. Those that pass through the forest must stay away from the roads. They bring no good. He had told her time and time and time again, staring hard into her eyes. And you must never let a strange man near you, do you hear? Never. Unwittingly she wore that same hard look now, features frozen in tension. There was something wrong with the sound, however familiar it seemed. She should just kill the elk quickly and hide among the trees until the threat was past. But she could not take a single step. Her heart was beating too fast.

Finally she approached the sleeping elk and tenderly removed the arrows. They had not gone deep. The elk would not live long, but it would not die now, either. She left it there, heading to the forest's edge, towards the sound, listening, trying her best to find out what was bothering her so intuitively, what in the world had compelled her to leave behind a choice kill.

Ba-da-boom. Ba-da-boom. Ba-da-da-boom. Ba-da-boom.

There. Again. Irregularities. She broke into a jog. One unit, one huge trudging unit, growing louder each passing moment, moving impossibly fast, approaching at an incredible speed. And every once in a while, a break in the rhythm. Like a whole herd of deer when they gathered in the fields outside the forest. This was not one horse, or a group. These were many horses. At last she reached her destination – a tall grove of trees, dwarfing the frailer, far younger trees all around the edge of the forest. She scrambled up the closest one purposefully, her bow and arrowcase abandoned at the tree's base, lest they snag among its branches.

Upon its swaying trunk she clung and looked across the treetops. The sun was a fiery ball of red on the horizon, the quickly dimming light a deep amber. And the distant hills were black and moving. A wall of darkness, rushing down towards her forest. She found a secure position and watched with growing apprehension. She was still in shock. It was so surreal. She had never seen more than four people at once … and yet these were all horses, all men. There were nearly as many of them as half the trees in Keda's forest, surely! Hundreds! Their ant size and great distance made them appear little threats, but this would not last long. What were they doing here? Fear gripped her heart, cold and hard. Did they want to penetrate her forest?

The light was dimming and Keda knew she had to get home. Even at this roaring pace, it would take them at least a good day and some to reach the beginnings of the woods. Even now, they were slowing, coming to a halt. Everyone must sleep.

Keda cautiously made her way down the tree, still too stunned to fully grasp the implications of what she had seen. That was what Hol meant when he spoke of the great armies of the Three Lands. It seemed as though the whole world had suddenly come to her doorstep. She collected her bow and arrows and painstakingly made her way back to the supplies she had abandoned on the failed elk hunt. She did not see the great deer anywhere, but was not truly surprised. The forest was a large and by this time dark place.

There was no question about leaving the forest's border for the home of her faraway den. She had lost a lot of time and had sufficient supplies with her to spend a night here, if a cold and uncomfortable one. Long past sundown, she lay in her bed of skins and leaf litter, picturing the swarm of ants covering the hills again. "Oh, Father," she whispered once, "I wish you were here." She turned to her side and closed her eyes, dreaming of the great black swathe coming down to rip every tree from its roots, riddle her with arrows so she seemed a porcupine and leave behind them a barren, ash-laden waste. Sometimes prey must stand its ground, and a predator flee and hide, her father's wisdom intoned in her mind.

Words as red-brown and swarthy as freshly upturned soil intoned in her dreams. A popular hunter's proverb. Her father had told it countless times, yet this version was differently worded, almost reminiscent of Hol's fireside tales. Do you know why the bear falls to the wolf, why a fox cannot chase a rabbit into its den? it began.

Yes. Yes, Keda knew. But in this case, she was the loner and the army was the pack. In this case, there was no den to hide in.

{ SUMMARY }

Keda abandons an elk hunt to find out what is making a mysterious noise. Upon climbing a tree for a better view, she learns that a massive army is headed towards her forest, about a day and a half's ride away. Since the horde has stopped for the night she sleeps (if uneasily) near her lookout tree.

{Tattersail Bladesinger}

Tattersail listened to Aveline talking, her heart breaking from compassion for this young Gelu, it was when Aveline looked at Tattersail, did Tattersail glimpse her sad eyes. Starting to tear up from this sight Tattersail replied,

"That is truly sad to hear Aveline, I'm sure you have a deep attachment to this village, but I cannot simply let you stay here alone. So please, travel with me come the morning and we'll go to Aisak."
Looking intently into the Aveline's eyes now Tattersail also remembered she hadn't told Aveline her name.

"Oh yea, my name is Tattersail."
After saying this Tattersail held her gaze at Aveline a second more before laying back down and beckoning the Gelu to lay beside her.

{Enilede Clawhunter}

They had given Enilede a small room to himself where he had stayed cooped up for a couple of days to adjust to the new sounds of life on this boat. Emerging only to get food from the galley, then disappearing back to his room to meditate.
Finally having decided he'd spent enough time in the room without actually having done anything that could be considered an investigation, Enilede exited his room and made his way to the upper decks to start meeting whoever else was going to be on the investigation.

Having worked his way through crowded passageways and up small staircases, Enilede finally emerged onto the foredeck and immediately covered his eyes from the bright sunshine after having been in the dark of the ship for so long. When his eyes finally adjusted to the bright day seconds later he found he was greeted by a scene which he found intriguing. A gelu and an Erog standing on the opposite sides of strange liquid splatters. Hoping to remain unnoticed Enilede pulled his furs tighter about him and walked over to the railing of the ship on the starboard side, leaning with his back to the railing Enilede looked over the two for a while more before wincing from a loud crashing noise that a nearby deckhand had caused.

{SUMMARY }

{Tattersail}: Continues her conversation with Aveline.
{Enilede Clawhunter}: Enilede leaves his room and heads up to the foredeck where he sees Karseun and Adan next to the blood streaks on the deck.

{Aveline Archcloak}

"Tattersail..." She repeated quietly to herself, wanting to hear the name of this kind woman again. Then Aveline saw how she beckoned her to lay beside her. In a few ways Tattersail reminded her of her late mother. It made her sad yet joyful at the same time. Going with her to Aisak was becoming more and more appealing.

Without another word she crawled over to Tattersail and laid on her side next to her. Aveline took a moment's pause to just look at this woman's face before speaking again. "...I think I may go with you Tattersail." She said to her in her soft voice.

{Summary}
Aveline agrees to go with Tattersail to Aisak.

{Hanamar Valon}

"Stop here!" Hanamar told the driver. The carriage halted in front of a small brothel in the poor part of the city. A cold gust of wind hit him as soon as he stepped out.

The brothel had the curtains shut in every window, so no one could see the hidden lovers within. Hanamar wore a simple commoners robe of green silk. He could not afford to be seen walking into a brothel. So he pushed his legs through the snow as fast as he could, and stepped inside.

Female Gelu sat everywhere in the main room, particularly around a male Tarnen sitting in the corner to Hanamar's right. The Tarnen wore black and red, all over. A red linen scarf around his neck, and another around his head, black silk breeches, red leather gloves, black silk doublet, and red leather boots.

Fares. Hanamar thought. The bounty hunter could be seen from a mile away, if it were not for the curtains being closed. Hanamar took a seat in front of him and his girls. Fares did not seem to notice Hanamar until now, since he flinched when Hanamar said, "Bounty hunter!"

"Ah, my lord," Fares replied, with that slight accent. "Good to see you again. I trust you have my pay?"

"Depends on if i can trust you to finish the task after you get the pay."

Fares grinned.
"My lord, you wound me. I thought we were friends." He took a drink of his mead.

You will never be my friend.
"We are, Fares. But the problem is, every single time i pay you to do something, you run off to somewhere like, a pirates alcove, or a slave port in Argentum. And every time you run away, i catch you and remove something of value from you. Speaking of which, why are you even in a brothel? I thought Saar cut that thing-"

Fares interrupted Hanamar just in time.
"Okay! Girls I think its time to go!" The Gelu whores got up and walked away, every step making any true man aroused.

Speaking of that, Hanamar was trying his best to hide his arousion.
"With them taken care of, we can discuss how you will get onto the Desdomena."Fares took a huge gulp of mead. His face was beat red after the embarrassment Hanamar gave him. "Ah, yes, of course. Now, i was thinking of sneaking on there in the night before it sails. I have already made the necessary preparations."

Hanamar got up from his seat.
"Good. Then we will see each other on the ship." As he turned to walk away, Hanamar turned and said,"And Fares, do not, betray me again." Hanamar strolled out of the brothel back to his carriage.

– EVENT –

! P I R A T E S !

Pirate_attack_by_pbario.jpg

{ FLAVYA de ROSE }

Flavya had been dozing peacefully in her cabin, only to be woken up by urgent shouts. Shouts of the screaming, desperate kind she knew only to well. Something was very, very wrong. She was on her feet in moments, her sword at the ready, hair brusquely pushed back in a ponytail – her natural red, no time for wigs. She ran out the door, across the deck, where yelling sailors ran back and forth, weapons at the ready. It took one glance to see the huge, advancing ship – marauders, and not just any: Flavya had employed the Corsair Brotherhood once. She knew their tricks well enough. And this flag, a cautious blend of Iolan and Talon seals, was surely another one of his ploys. Eloran Guthrun, the captain, had not been fooled by this display, when other captains might have scratched their chins and wondered, That flag looks familiar. Iola or Talon? until it was too late.

"Eloran!" she shouted. "Eloran!" An answering cry reached her, not far away. He was at starboard, gazing at the Corsair Brotherhood's huge ship with darkness in his eyes. But his voice did not falter. "Flavya, dear, we need more with your magic on our decks. But first, help Garn and Olot take the passengers below deck." Flavya nodded numbly, mentally preparing herself for the trials ahead. She had not brought much poison with her … but there were enough emergency stashes on the Desdemona to slay a dragon.

Screams echoed across the deck as passengers sighted the approaching ship and realized why the sailors were armed and shouting and preparing the cannons. Flavya looked about wildly. Women and children first. A clump of passengers had gathered in one place, apparently arguing. A sweet-looking girl was clutching a cat to her chest. Flavya rushed towards them. "We are being attacked," she said, loudly to be heard over the din. "Follow me, quickly now! We need to get below deck! Those who can fight, fetch your weapons!" She made her way to the nearest trapdoor at a run, not caring to glance behind. The smart would come, the foolish get in the way and die, the capable and brave stay to fight. They were under attack, and there was no time for fear.

KARSEUN GEBURICH

It had begun as whispers, passing back and forth across the decks. Then it had risen to a collective murmur. The odd running deckhand had broken the rhythm of his workmates. The lilt of questioning. Fingers pointing. Then, as if an orchestra had started all at once upon crescendo, the alarm had swept across the Desdemona.

Geburich, Adan and Enilede turned to starboard, catching sight of the black shape advancing from the morning mists. The flag was Iolan... or possibly Talon... and its sails were dirt-grey and taut in the breeze. It had the wind behind it. It was coming like a torpedo, even as the Desdemona struggled to turn broadside. In the decks below the rattle of sabres and roll of cannons made music with the panic.

"Baaah!" the wizard snarled, the inconvenience of it all stirring his anger. "But one day from port and the Corsairs come to cut our throats!" He shot a look at Adan and Enilede before spitting on the deck. "I did not come for this!"

He set off across the bloodstained deck, halting and cursing whenever deckhands rushed across his path. The old man was heading back to his cabin, to seal himself inside and wait till sanity had restored itself.

{ SUMMARY }
Geburich is not in the mood for fighting pirates. He goes to his room to sit it out.

[Ida Kyyle]

Ida watched as things grew a bit heated. From what she could see from around Ario (he had stepped in front of her as if to protect her), someone had thrown a scrub brush at the rude man, and someone else had caught it. She blinked. It seemed that she was the center of attention for all these people. ... I guess theres a first time for everything. Suddenly, a sailor ran past her, then another. Ida started and looked around. Passengers were murmuring and pointing towards the ocean. Ida, curious as usual, followed their fingers out to the ocean and spotted a ship. Her gaze lifted to the flag, and she blinked again. She had seen something like the design before but... what was it? It looked like some other port design, or a continent or something. She turned her purple orbs to the sailors running about, seeing that they were armed. It dawned to her whats going on, and a shudder ran down her spine. The other ship were pirates. Pad mewed and hissed again, his fur fluffed out.

Just then, a woman with copper red hair and freckles came up to the clump of people around Ida. She looked to be around the early twenties, but the way she held herself made her seem older. Or is it the other way around? Ida shrugged inwardly, deciding that the red haired woman could be in her late twenties or early thirties. She spoke to Ida. "We are being attacked. Follow me, quickly now! We need to get below deck! Those who can fight, fetch your weapons!" Ida, knowing that there was going to be a battle, followed the woman. She knew she was to small to be of help and that she would only get underfoot and possibly killed, and what magic Ida knew wouldn't do a thing. She noted that, as she followed the red haired woman, that her own wings were flapping in agitation.

Murmurs and shuffling began soon after Dalak caught the brush. He looked towards the direction of the pointed fingers and noticed the ship. Grey-brown sails and a symbol Dalak did not recognize on the top-most flag. From the plentiful weapons being drawn by the sailors, he could guess. Pirates. He grinned, and took hold of his blade and drew it with a flourish. The shortsword was made of mythril: lightweight and flexible, but durable. Nothing unique, but special in it's own right. No enchantments were upon it and it was sharpened like any other blade. Only his name on the hand guard made it any different.

"Pirates, huh? Well, this is gonna be fun!"

Dalak rushed to the starboard side of the ship where the captain was. Dalak could feel his blood boil as the looming battle drew near. Even if he was an "escort" for women, he would never show this side of himself to them. It was too blood thirsty, too... barbaric. As of now though, he couldn't help himself. He turned to the captain and grinned wildly.

"Hope you got some skills old-man. Because this is gonna be wild!"

Dalak thrust his blade into the air and shouted.

"FOR ALUN!"

-SUMMARY-

Dalak hears the pirates coming and gets strangely super excited for the coming battle.

...He caught the brush. Why would he catch the brush? Now she just wanted to throw one at him as well, especially after he ranted shortly about disrespect and then referred to the little girl as "the slave girl." She was a child, a girl. She was not to be called "slave girl" like it was her entire identity. For now, there was little she could do. Panic was rising around her, building like storm clouds. In possibly the most unladylike fashion ever, Honey spat in the direction of the dirty man that had been mocking the young Bower girl, making up for the fact that her scrub brush attack had failed. It didn't feel nearly as satisfying as the scrub brush attack would have been, but it was enough of a warning, she believed. The cacophony surrounding her was louder, now, saying strange words and giving random orders.

Pirates? she thought, grimacing. What in the name of Zannith's dirty drawers is a pirate?

Almost everyone on the ship turned to stare at an approaching vessel with a flag she felt she should have recognized but couldn't. She thought she had heard the word "pirates" once before, but she was under the impression that "pirates" were a very rare and exotic bird from far away. Her eyes searched the sky around the other ship, looking for birds but finding none. Why would they want to fight birds, anyways? The only other possible conclusion was that "pirates" had another meaning, one that was negative and implied danger...

To the hells with it, she mumbled, completely disregarding her dehydration and constant nausea in favor of fighting... "pirates." Whatever they turned out to be. It was easy enough to decide where her place would be, because her eyes followed the young Bower girl as she was led into a trap door in the deck. So she would protect the area around that door, then, all while trying not to make it obvious that she was guarding something.

Where were those elusive weapons? She wanted one. Not that she knew how to use a sword, but fighting with a short, sharp object was something she had done before. Honey stared at the abandoned scrub brush on the ground. It was either find a dagger or use that scrub brush, an option she considered very seriously. It was hard on one side, sharp and bristly on the other, and sturdy enough to maybe catch the blade of a sword if she found herself in such a situation.

How was she going to find a real weapon if she wanted one anyways? Politely ask for one? Even if she had a voice, no one would have heard it over the din of voices on the deck. With very little embarrasment, just a quiet resigned sigh, Honey went to pick up the scrub brush off of the floor. Giving it a few short tosses in the air, she decided it was close enough to a weapon for now. Soapy bristles to the eyes, a blow to the nose or groin with the hard wooden edge, perhaps throwing it at people as a last resort. That is, if these "pirate" things were indeed a normal race.

The last thing she wanted to do was go and hide; if her scrub brush tactics failed again, she could just resort to using her magic in any way possible. Hopefully she wouldn't have to use it to keep anyone alive. She wasn't sure she wanted to spend her energy on a person she probably didn't know. Bringing herself more endurance was her other option, and the decision she would probably end up making later.

Summary: Honey discards her own safety so she can get in on the action and probably be completely useless because of nausea and dehydration. Unfortunately, her only weapon is that damned scrub brush again, but since her objective is to protect the Bower girl she will find ways to make a scrub brush a dangerous weapon.

=|Ida Kyyle|=

Ida paused before she went below deck, looking back at the rushing people. Someone pushed passed her, almost sending her sprawling, but she caught herself in time. Pad meowed angrily and leapt from Ida's arms. He scuttled toward the edge of the deck, and perched himself on the railing, glaring out at the ship. Ida moved forward to go get him, but felt a hand grab her by the elbow.
"Ida, come in. I don't want you to get hurt."
Ida turned to see that it was her lord who stopped her. She tried to pull away. "But, Pad, he-"
Her lord cut her off. "Ida, come in! Your cat can take care of himself, I promise you that."
"But he's only a kitten! Someone could easily step on him, or cut him in half!"
Her lord sighed heavily. "Ida, please, just trust me. I've seen plenty of cats fight, some of them Pads age. If he can smell a battle, then he can be in one. He'll be alright."
Ida stared at him a moment, before turning her gaze to Pad. His tail was bristled and thick, and the fur down his back was on end. He kept hissing at the pirate ship, as if warning it away. After a long moment, Ida let herself be pulled inside.

{Yudee Willowclaw}

Having quickly retreated to the small cabin she'd been given Yudee now sat still as a statue, legs crossed and eyes closed, her usual frown gone as the woman tried to shut out all the noises of the ship and its crew as they set sail and headed for open sea. The steady rocking of waves had at first made Yudee uneasy and, though she wouldn't admit it, nauseas, though she was beginning to get used to it. Being on this ship, large as it may be made her uncomfortable, against the ocean it was still a nutshell and thoughts of storms or hidden reefs sneaked inside her mind, the feeling of being helpless and vulnerable against nature was frustrating but if it was the price to pay to keep her land safe so she could keep with her solitude life then so be it.

Sighing Yudee stroke back her red hair, calming her breathing and slowly let her body relax, the sounds grew quieter as she sank into her private calm. Longing for the feeling of earth beneath her, the whisper of wind threw trees and the scents of the forest, it haunted her mind but also gave her strength to keep up with the sea and having to be surrounded with so many people, the amount of people on the ship was harder to stand than the sea itself, normally she could spend weeks alone in the forests and fields without even seeing another person but now there were so many, from so many places, different languages that she could barely understand let alone speak well.

She held her bow in her hands, its slender form resting over her knees and her fingers traced gently over the smooth wood and the small intriqate carvings in the dark wood. Despite not being a person that resorted to violence instantly Yudee often felt safe and at ease holding her bow and feeling the weight of her quiver on her hips, though that now stood resting against her bunk, the feathered arrows filling it completely.

Loud shouts and commotion on deck woke Yudee from her successful attempt at meditating peace, annoyed she opened her eyes and glared through the wall at the noise. Failing at ignoring the commotion she made an attempt to listen to what had caused it, she only heard bits and pieces but the ship seemed to be under attack. Standing up Yudee picked up her quiver and fastened it around her hips so she could easily reach the arrows. Swiftly leaving her room she went up the stairs and onto the deck, instantly she was hit in the eyes by the sun, it played with the gold in her hazel eyes, shielding from the sun Yudee saw a ship heading their way, she didn't recognize the flag but she heard others say pirates.

Gripping her bow harder Yudee's frown lessened just a bit, normaly she wasn't one to seek out fights but she elt like getting some tension out of her body. Casting a look around she saw the last of the helpless passengers scurry beneath deck and the rest gathered around, weapons drawn. An especially eager man a bit from her called the battle in honor of his god and Yudee and grinned on the inside, being proud of her own belief she suspected her peaceful god wouldn't enjoy a battle so she would have to seek his blessings later.

--Summary--
Yudee is disturbed during her meditation for peace and quiet by the pirate attack and goes on deck to fight of some of her tension.

{Jun'Tzia Flowingspirit}

As soon as Jun had been given a small cabin she had left her small bag and returned above deck to see the ship, already loving the smell of salt, the wind rushing through her dark hair and the waves rocking to ship, having found her sea legs quickly Jun easily made her way over the deck already loving the sea. The clear water, the sound of the waves and serene air out on the sea, it was so different from the city and also very different from the feel of the air in the forests and fields of Eliydar though the wild salty wind was the same. Grabbing the railing, leaning out over the edge Jun laughed into the water rushing past far below her as the ship flew forward pushed by the wind, behind them the city grew smaller by the minute.

Her green eyes, ever so slightly touched by blue turned sad as she involuntarily wondered what her three friends would have said and done if they'd been standing beside her now. Probably eager in face of the unknown as she was and perhaps a bit apprehensive of leaving behind everything familiar, to leave land and trust a ship to keep them from the water and to hold in a storm. Hunting the thoughts from her mind Jun turned her gaze to the bulging sails, the power of the wind never seized to amaze her, coming out of nowhere it could be a gentle breeze or a vicious hurricane never tamed or fully controlled.

Leaving her place Jun continued around the ship, not knowledgable about the giant effort it took to run these large ships the Gelu admired the crew that fearlessly climbed up the main mast and the ropes at the sides or rigging the sails, how they kept all those ropes and lines apart and use them expertely was above her but it was both interesting and incredible all the same.

Jun was eventually lured starboard by upset voices, sailors and passengers went with her, weapons ready and soon she saw why. A large ship came up towards the Desdemona, guessing this wasn't customary at sea Jun took a guess at pirates, with these winds they would soon reach them as well.

Drawing her dual swords Jun stood steadily waiting, perpared to protect this ship, her new home for awhile, and the people on it. As the ship closed in the approaching battled filled her with adrenaline but also tendrils of fear that she would fail at this and never see her goal to the end.

--Summary--
Jun is having fun on the ship, exploring a little until the pirates appear and she gets ready to defend her temporary home.