A N A R C H Y – Epic Fantasy War RPG (OOC)

Should We Make a Group for Accepted Members?

• No! - I am an accepted member.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! - I am not an accepted member.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: A N A R C H Y – An Epic Fantasy RPG (OOC)

Ok im working on the character sheet now, and have a new name for my god, (though i still wish him to be the god of luck.)

About my magic roll, If i can get higher the better right? It's not like I can get a worse selection?

From the three possible rolls (1-2) (3-4) (5-6), you got the middle roll. If you want to reroll, you may drop down to the 1-2 range, or rise to the 5-6 range. It's your choice!

Wow, what an impressive CS! Really detailed :D And finally an evil dude ... our charming little group of happy people could use the wake-up call! >:} However, there are two small details that need some changing before I can accept Adan … I've also addressed the matter of the patron deity! Thank you for joining Anarchy, it is really great to have another creative player here! :D

Race: Gelur

I think you mean "Gelu", plural of which is "Geli". If anywhere I have misspelled that, please let me know!! I'm not usually a spelling stickler, but since this is a race for a CS, it'd be awesome if you could go through and correct that! Thanks!

His skin is a very dark brown now, opposed to the beige, white of his childhood. This is probably because, like most Gelur, his soul is reflected in his personality and though this may give a warning to some educated beings most just write it off as a tan from years in the sun.

Kudos for reading every bit of the Gelu description and thinking of how Adan's sadism will show physically on the outside!! However, specifically, the sentence reads, "a Gelu will gradually become physically similar to the element of their soul, growing gray and hard-skinned or yellow-haired and blue-eyed or dark and slick". So, regardless of Adan's pathological psyche, unless you have chosen the Stone element as his, by age 60 stone- and earth-like traits will have made themselves obvious – from eye color to how hard his skin is to the color of it, and his hair.

This is portrayed well with the darkening of the skin and soul, but it sounds to me as if Adan was just born that way. After all, since childhood he harmed his loved ones whenever he felt like it. So if you went with a skin-soul correlation, he'd have to have been born with very dark skin. And before I sound racist, I've decided on a new rule – there is a difference between naturally dark skin and magically dark skin, but only very high magic users (5-6) can detect it. They sense a sort of coalescing of shadows in the magically dark skin, while naturally dark skin just looks like skin.

Alternatively, Adan's outer physical coloring could just change gradually depending on his soul element, which you are free to choose before and must choose after your dice roll. Sorry about the bother!

--

Patron Goddess: Eir, Goddess of Dusk(Erebus, God of the Night)- She values despair or sorrow and blesses those that bring such pain to others, she accepts burnt offerings of objects of sentimental value.

*I know you made mention of no sister/brother gods and goddess. And the one I'm proposing seems like the polar opposite of Horus in every way. I just want to point out that it can be hard to prohibit such things because of the very nature of what these gods represent. If there is a god of light, there will be one of dark. Life there will be death. Fire and there will be water, etc. But that's just my defense on your stance. I provided an alternate name and title if you dislike the first. Or maybe you dislike the idea on the whole, in which case, I'll think of something else :)
[/Spoiler]

I did make a rule, no sister/brother deities; however, as long as Horus and Eir aren't related, there's no problem at all! You are totally right about the nature of gods and what they present, how they will always be opposites … I just don't want them to be dual, like Halla and Alun, which complement each other at every turn. While Horus's hope appears to be the opposite of Eir's despair, Horus's responsibility connects little with Eir's sorrow. We need a deity that supports despair and sorrow, a deity for evil people, and Eir is a perfect idea!

So yes, Eir, Goddess of Dusk, is accepted. I've also taken your idea of Erebus, God of Night, and gone along and made him as well, but he's not pure evil, since we already have Assha, Alun and Harcamset for that.

(Which is not to say that if you follow, say, Assha, you are pure evil; it's just that the vast majority of her followers are.)

NEW GODS

Eir, Goddess of Dusk
Erebus, God of Night
Thank you Azrael for the ideas!

PLEASE WELCOME...

Azrael and his awesome evil character Adan Armando!! :D

RESPONSES TO PLAYER Q'S

> Can I not make opposite gods, or opposite gods of current gods, because of Q2 in the Announcement #5 FAQ?
Of course you can! However, they cannot be related, and they cannot be pure opposites like Halla and Alun. That's what I meant by "ying-and-yang-themed".

~ NEW ANNOUNCEMENT ~

8 > Perception of Magic

High-level magic users (5-6) are now able to slightly perceive magic that affects the outer world. This includes the way that a Gelu's soul element affects their physique, to a Dark's Incarcerate spell. In the case of harmful or evil magic, they will detect a slight coalescing of shadows in the area, which is very difficult to detect if you're not looking for it and usually blends in easily with the area. In the case of beneficial or good magic, they will detect a slight sparkle or shimmer in the area, which is also very hard to find if you're not looking for it and usually blends in well with the area. This does not mean that if you RP a magic user, you can now see everyone's illusions, hallucinations, and true physical forms – it means that you may start to get a subconscious feeling about the positivity or negativity of the magic surrounding someone/something. If you're looking for it, you have a way easier time of figuring out if the magic on someone/something is good or bad.

9 > Listing Revisions

The Gods and Goddesses of Triera are now listed in alphabetical order.

Thanks for pointing out my errors, I obviously read Gelu wrong. Also, for his appearance I tried doing a combination of both of those things (reflections of his soul) with his natural traits and his element. So, I think worked out the kinks you pointed out, thanks.

Thanks for pointing out my errors, I obviously read Gelu wrong. Also, for his appearance I tried doing a combination of both of those things (reflections of his soul) with his natural traits and his element. So, I think worked out the kinks you pointed out, thanks.

Awesome! Your edit was a great adaption of my commentary and your original material! Accepted, I will post Adan immediately under "Accepted Characters". Congratulations!

I had some spare time, so here is a few Deity ideas I came up with. Just ideas that I'm throwing out.

Guinevere, Goddess of Beauty- Guinevere admires the aesthetically pleasing, blessing those who were lucky to born with or used magic to achieve an elegant exterior. She accepts offerings of delicate items; pretty flowers, silk, or fine jewelry are all okay.

Grid, Goddess of Peace- Grid values and inspires tranquility, she abhors violence and blesses those that follow pacifism in all but the most hopeless circumstances. She wants nothing but a dedication to calm tempers and solve conflicts.

Israfil, God of Sand- Israfil values those who wander and blesses travelers. He does not like those who stay to long in one place, as it bores him, and the only form of reward he wants is a good adventure.

Ouranos, God of the Heavens- Ouranos values honor and inspires fair judgment. Ouranos blesses those who follow a strict code of honor and those who judge others based on what they do, not what they look like or who they are. He asks for his followers to follow his values and pray to him at least once a day.

I had some spare time, so here is a few Deity ideas I came up with. Just ideas that I'm throwing out.

Guinevere, Goddess of Beauty- Guinevere admires the aesthetically pleasing, blessing those who were lucky to born with or used magic to achieve an elegant exterior. She accepts offerings of delicate items; pretty flowers, silk, or fine jewelry are all okay.

Grid, Goddess of Peace- Grid values and inspires tranquility, she abhors violence and blesses those that follow pacifism in all but the most hopeless circumstances. She wants nothing but a dedication to calm tempers and solve conflicts.

Israfil, God of Sand- Israfil values those who wander and blesses travelers. He does not like those who stay to long in one place, as it bores him, and the only form of reward he wants is a good adventure.

Ouranos, God of the Heavens- Ouranos values honor and inspires fair judgment. Ouranos blesses those who follow a strict code of honor and those who judge others based on what they do, not what they look like or who they are. He asks for his followers to follow his values and pray to him at least once a day.

Thank you so much for these excellent ideas! I really have to go now but I will add them to the Gods list soon. Interesting names, too :D

Ok then, im willing to take the chance, lets reroll!

Am I allowed to make a ghost? Or does every character have to be alive?

@Kairoga – Okay!! I will post results in a sec.

Am I allowed to make a ghost? Or does every character have to be alive?

Wow, that's a very good question! I hadn't even thought of that!

… I suppose you could make a ghost, yes, but there are obvious limits to that – being immaterial, being unable to interact with the physical world. Of course, depending on the correlated plot line you intend, the limits can be stretched to meet your needs.

It is known that several very high-level and constant users of delusory magics (such as Light and Dark) have become almost consumed by the illusions and hallucinations they create, transforming their own bodies into a light or dark (benevolent or malevolent) spirits, or ghosts. If you want an Eliydan race as your ghost, it could be an Alter magic user whose use of the Twain backfired in some terrible way to lead to the character's current condition (which, considering the nature of this fickle magic, seems not at all unrealistic!), or perhaps have an Elemental magic user's incessant and too-potent use of magic play out in a way similar to the Light and Dark users I described.

So, these are the basic options that the RP currently represents. I'll be making some rules about this, I suppose, but right now I'm way too tired! Tomorrow.

If you want a ghost character that doesn't fit into said molds, give me some more details so I can find a niche for this char in the Trieran world!

Kairoga, your reroll …

--

> Kairoga (Enilede Clawhunter) -- Nature, Reroll

mw3-november-8.jpg

Result:
2 +1 racial affinity = 3
Possibilities:
1 major / 2 minor
– Spring / Cure / Treat, Trance
Final Decision: Pending

--

…Yes. I rolled the same exact thing. I realize that this sounds incredibly fishy, but it's honestly the result I got! I have the link below!

EDIT: Annoyingly, the link, which is an online roller, re-rolls and changes the result each time you re-open it. I did a screenshot instead, so it's IMGed.

DiceRoll.jpg

I hope you don't mind … but still, it could have been worse, I guess!

Good night all!

I was thinking of a character who died, yet cannot move on. A character that was supposed to be around for the anarchy to help out (due to fate/destiny), but died at a young age. I'm not planning on having her be all powerful at all. Her part, if she were still alive, would of been small, yet make a difference in the chaos of Trieran.

Ghosts have abilities such as soulmist projection, possession and materialization. You can do the dice roll to determine how strong the ghost would be.

Soulmist Projection is an ability of ghosts that allows them to move physical objects in a manner vaguely reminding of the magical art of Projection. This telekinesis is a way to carry, move or throw items around, and at sufficiently high levels even create simple applications of the crafting skills they knew in life. Soulmist, the substance covering the ghost's soul, is consumed in the process, partly burned and partly left on the objects being touched.

When materializing their form, ghosts will be vulnerable for attack. The longer the ghost has been around, usually the better they are at materializing themselves to interact with the physical world. That is if they practiced it throughout their time of being between the world of the living and that of the dead.

Possession should be obvious. Take control of a host body for a period of time. Beginners could only be able to take control of a weak-minded or willing person. Over time the ghost would be able to take control of stronger willed/minded people for longer periods. It of course drains their energy the longer they are possessing their host's body. The host would suffer things like nausea and fatigue after the ghost leaves the body.

Tell me what you think, and I understand if you don't want this in your rp.

First character out, next will be my Gelu girl.

Name:
Yudee Willowclaw</SPAN></SPAN>
Race: Gwydde</SPAN></SPAN>

Magic: Nature</SPAN></SPAN>
Nationality: Argentum</SPAN></SPAN>
Position: Loner</SPAN></SPAN>

Personality: Yudee is gruff, cold and a loner, she dislikes people and prefers the company of nature and animals, she carries her own weight and doesn't want others to help her. She is rather ruthless and cruel, the long time she spends outdoors has made her a follower of nature's law, the strong will survive and the weak will fall and do not deserve to be helped. Yudee doesn't talk much, only when it's necessary and even then she uses her hands and body a lot to enhance her words resorting to sign language most of the time though. Despite all her tough attitude though Yudee can be quite sensitive and at sometimes fragile, like a rose with thorns, but she hides all those feelings inside as she regards them as weak and as such she will not acknowledge them because of her own beliefs. She is a capable fighter and won't spare lives in a battle yet Yudee is not someone that seeks out battles but if someone wants a fight she isn't one to say no.</SPAN></SPAN>

Appearance: Her waist long hair, always put up in a pony tail with feathers woven in it, is a vivid red with a purple hue at the tips, resembling a flower and her skin is smooth and slightly rubbery with a de-saturated greenish colour over her otherwise olive skin, resembling the stem of a flower and her eyes are a vivid hazel. She stands at a full 5'11" and weighs around</SPAN> 144 lbs.</SPAN>

ranger_by_shiramune-d36bft0.jpg

History: She never knew her father to much else than name and a brief meeting, her mother raised her until she was old enough to live on her own, having been trained to survive in the wild since she was old enough to understand words and signs. Yudee started travelling at once, living off nature, hunting with her long bow and dagger only coming into towns if absolutely necessary. When the heirs all died she didn't care at all, it didn't affect her and so it wasn't her problem but when the war threatened to break out Yudee realised that her peaceful life was threatened. So she fights to protect her country from the invaders so she can continue living her life in peace.</SPAN></SPAN>

Patron God/Goddess: Makto</SPAN></SPAN>

it didn't sound fishy at all, I had thought you were actually rolling a dice in real life. But I so desperately want to call shenanigans on that sites formulas...But yes you are right, I could have done much worse.

Onto the choice! I choose the 2 minor magics. Better to be diverse than stuck with just one ability, question about the trance though, could it be used to have the plants help hide people/objects by growing/moving to cover the person/object? (ex: Enilede uses trance on a tree/fern/bush to cover himself so he can hunt/hide from enemies? or to have a tree/fern/bush etc. grow over and cover emergency caches?

Finally, I keep forgetting to put it in but Enilede can understand Argentum's common language as he has been around the capital and has been taught by others who know the Gwyddes sign language...

Well, here's another character idea I had, hope it's all good.

Name: Gil
Race: Enser

Magic: None
Nationality: Shear
Position: Proletariat

Personality: Selfish, cowardly and self pitying. Is not one to disobey orders or go against traditions, tries to stay out of things in fear of getting hurt. Does not truly care for anyone but himself and will not go out of the way to please others, feels as if the whole world is against him and feels sorry for himself if things aren't going his way. Addicted to gambling.

Appearance: Rough looking, has tanned skin from days out in the sun that has been weathered by hard labor. Long, shaggy hair that is usually unkempt with light green eyes that are sunken and crooked teeth. Cheeks are gaunt and concave, like the skin is being pulled tight over his skull. His fingers nails are long and he is missing two fingers on his left hand, his clothes and skin are dirty. Haggard looking.

History: Gil was not like other Enser from birth, for one he was an orphan (his mother being windowed and then falling ill), for two he had no magical talent, but mostly it was because he hated animals. While most Enser seemed to share some kind of connection with creatures, Gil had none and in fact he hated them. He got a bad reputation from other kids because he would kick puppies and small cats for the fact that he despised their existence.

Because of this he got a reputation of being a bully in his early years, but this quickly faded for whenever he was approached, he would run away and instead he got a growing acknowledgment that he was a coward. Sometimes, if he could not run or beg his ways out of situation, he would have to act as a punching bag. This happened more and more frequently as he neared adulthood, as a result he knows how to take a hit or two.

As his childhood came to an end, he found himself with no real skills or trades and reluctantly joined his nations army as a standard foot soldier. He distinguished himself in battle not by honor or bravery, but by being able to keep himself in one piece for so long. This was simply because of his cowardly methods, staying behind other men and using them for shields, throwing sand in his enemies eyes, etc.

He rose through ranks simply because he was able to stay alive. But when the fighting finally ceased he ended up back in his homeland with no skills or trades to work. For a while he lived off the money he earned or looted during his time in the military, but it disappeared rapidly on the account of his addiction to gambling. This caused him to turn to the streets and beg and curse at the world and all those who were more successfully then him.

The "incident" with the boat and the disappearance of the heirs has mixed results on him. On one side there is certain to be skirmishes, and that means he could easily get off the streets and onto the field. But on the other side, that would mean he would be putting his life on the line, and he does not like putting his life on the line.

Patron God: Obroteih, God of Luck (I don't know if this God is officially accepted, and Kairoga has not really given more insight on said God, but I think gambling would follow under his jurisdiction)

I was thinking of a character who died, yet cannot move on. A character that was supposed to be around for the anarchy to help out (due to fate/destiny), but died at a young age. I'm not planning on having her be all powerful at all. Her part, if she were still alive, would of been small, yet make a difference in the chaos of Trieran.

Ghosts have abilities such as soulmist projection, possession and materialization. You can do the dice roll to determine how strong the ghost would be.

Soulmist Projection is an ability of ghosts that allows them to move physical objects in a manner vaguely reminding of the magical art of Projection. This telekinesis is a way to carry, move or throw items around, and at sufficiently high levels even create simple applications of the crafting skills they knew in life. Soulmist, the substance covering the ghost's soul, is consumed in the process, partly burned and partly left on the objects being touched.

When materializing their form, ghosts will be vulnerable for attack. The longer the ghost has been around, usually the better they are at materializing themselves to interact with the physical world. That is if they practiced it throughout their time of being between the world of the living and that of the dead.

Possession should be obvious. Take control of a host body for a period of time. Beginners could only be able to take control of a weak-minded or willing person. Over time the ghost would be able to take control of stronger willed/minded people for longer periods. It of course drains their energy the longer they are possessing their host's body. The host would suffer things like nausea and fatigue after the ghost leaves the body.

Tell me what you think, and I understand if you don't want this in your rp.

Okay. I've thought about this and I decided that character concept is pretty damn awesome, so even though I don't usually accept ideas that present whole new skills and all, I would accept a ghost character like this. However, the "Possession" skill bothers me slightly … I don't want the ghost character being able to control everyone around her. How about we use this site (Dice Log 1156) to make a dice roll? If you get a roll higher than 3 for "weak-minded" people and higher than 4 for "strong-minded" people, you have been able to overcome their conscience? Do you think that'd work for you? And when you do, you can only maintain it for 30 Trieran minutes, but this increases by 5 minutes every time you do it because your skill grows with practice, of course.

With materializing … if your ghost would have played an effectual part in the war, she must be extremely young for a ghost, so her ability to interact with the physical world is pretty stunted for now. This will improve throughout the RP, but gradually. Look at it this way – more time to creep out the other characters with mysterious telekinetic occurrences ;)

Next, soulmist projection. I actually like the way you handle that skill. Assuming that older ghosts acquire more soulmist as they age and gather experience, young ghosts would, I assume, be unable to move large or huge objects (boulders, tables, mountains), and unable to move small- to medium-sized objects (pens, books, swords) far.

Thus I don't see how we'd need a dice roll to determine the efficacy of these skills. However, any feedback of yours (since this is really your idea) would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, it would still be nice to know how your char became a ghost in the first place … remember, the CS will still require things like race, magic, and nationality, though for magic you can just put "ghost".

Again, I will be making rules about this, but there are other things I need to get to, so, soon!

it didn't sound fishy at all, I had thought you were actually rolling a dice in real life. But I so desperately want to call shenanigans on that sites formulas...But yes you are right, I could have done much worse.

Onto the choice! I choose the 2 minor magics. Better to be diverse than stuck with just one ability, question about the trance though, could it be used to have the plants help hide people/objects by growing/moving to cover the person/object? (ex: Enilede uses trance on a tree/fern/bush to cover himself so he can hunt/hide from enemies? or to have a tree/fern/bush etc. grow over and cover emergency caches?

Finally, I keep forgetting to put it in but Enilede can understand Argentum's common language as he has been around the capital and has been taught by others who know the Gwyddes sign language...

Thank you for your fast choices! :D I'll add those right away. Have you edited Enilede's CS so he can be accepted? I'd love to finally have you on board!! :)

About the Gwydde's sign language … I should have clarified, but they can speak both the sign language and Argenian but must learn the Common Language that all countries speak. Which, for Enilede, could easily have already happened, seeing as he travels all around and his job is in the capital city, but for Yudee, it's likely she may have trouble conversing with non-Argenians.

OK, maybe it's not exactly realistic for there to be a Common Language, but it's an RP with people from all over the place and we can't do anything if they can't communicate!

So another rule will be coming up about this, yes. Gosh, amazing how much refinement is necessary with an RP, don't you think? Players come up with things I never even thought of!! Kudos to my creative team of imaginative epicosity! … Er, epic imaginations! *must need coffee*

I wasn't planning on having her be able to possess everyone around her anyway. And go ahead and roll the dice to determine how strong that skill would be for her. My computer doesn't trust that site though, so I am not going to do it. I know that she wouldn't be the type to possess just anyone at anytime she feels like. Honestly she's too timid for that, and is concerned about the host's body.

And yes, the ghost gains more soulmist over time as they age, though it weakens them greatly if a lot is burned off, making their abilities weaker. Those with trained eyes or certain magic (maybe Light and Dark) can see the the little bit of soulmist left on the objects or creatures they used the ability on.

I completely understand that you will be making the rules about the ghost type of character, since this is your rp after all. I'm perfectly fine with any rules you make up. I'm not planning on making her very powerful, trust me. I wanted to start her off as weak at first so she could develop her strength in these areas over time.

Excellent char! However, there are two small details in the sheet that must be changed before I can accept her :( But it shouldn't take too much tedious revision I hope!

Position: Loner

History: She never knew her father to much else than name and a brief meeting, her mother raised her until she was old enough to live on her own, having been trained to survive in the wild since she was old enough to understand words and signs. Yudee started travelling at once, living off nature, hunting with her long bow and dagger only coming into towns if absolutely necessary. When the heirs all died she didn't care at all, it didn't affect her and so it wasn't her problem but when the war threatened to break out Yudee realised that her peaceful life was threatened. So she fights to protect her country from the invaders so she can continue living her life in peace.

If she has no occupation, or has no home, or does not deal with money (not just valuable wares) or her earning it, this automatically makes her position "pauper", since positions address social status rather than style of life. Also, it sounds like she could have at least two occupations: hunter and freelance soldier, since she appears to have joined some military cause in the last line of her History? Or perhaps that jut described her mental response, in which case she'd be a "hunter". Does that make sense? Was there a different occupation you had in mind?

Personality: Yudee is gruff, cold and a loner, she dislikes people and prefers the company of nature and animals, she carries her own weight and doesn't want others to help her. She is rather ruthless and cruel, the long time she spends outdoors has made her a follower of nature's law, the strong will survive and the weak will fall and do not deserve to be helped. Yudee doesn't talk much, only when it's necessary and even then she uses her hands and body a lot to enhance her words resorting to sign language most of the time though. Despite all her tough attitude though Yudee can be quite sensitive and at sometimes fragile, like a rose with thorns, but she hides all those feelings inside as she regards them as weak and as such she will not acknowledge them because of her own beliefs. She is a capable fighter and won't spare lives in a battle yet Yudee is not someone that seeks out battles but if someone wants a fight she isn't one to say no.

So while I actually don't find this contradicting, and I think it is well thought-out, I feel like it does leave her personality a bit ambivalent. Perhaps the introduction of when certain responses are triggered (offense to her pride, offense to the forest) or what situations make her feel a certain way (injustice, gratuitous violence) could clarify the gray areas and help other players find Yudee easier to understand, and more predictable.

I like your analogy to the rose with thorns! Still, it doesn't seem like Yudee is typically "sensitive and fragile" to other people. Perhaps she feels these emotions when someone is in pain, or only towards nature. While you do continue to say that she hides these feelings because of her beliefs, which is a great and valuable thing to add, other feelings she has include ruthlessness, coldness and cruelty. If that is all fellow players think they will see in her, it may be hard to make a char that interacts constructively with others in the plotline.

Yudee does not seek out battles, but if someone wants a fight she won't refuse. She is a capable fighter and will not spare lives in a necessary battle. Like I said before, I wouldn't address them because I think they're contradictory – I don't think that. I just believe, as mentioned previously, the statements could use some refinement. Clearly she has a lot of pride – in herself? her race? her nationality? her god? the nature she protects? her way of life? her magic? Also, why doesn't she seek out battles if this is true of her? Does she deplore unnecessary violence? Does she dislike fighting those who have done her no wrong? Could she be pushed into a deadly battle if someone repeatedly taunted her without directly challenging her to a duel? In battle, she spares no lives – this indicates fierce loyalty to her side, and a cold indifference to the other side. This is not inconsistent with the rest of your CS, but it might be useful to mention that outside of battle, she won't go around slaughtering anyone who isn't Argenian. Unless of course this is true of her, in which case your char would be a radical nationalist and evil, since she endangers the other PCs.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you don't think my responses are appropriate – I'm here to make the game more safe and enjoyable for everyone, not make people feel crummy about rejecting their ideas!! I'm looking forward to your other character! :D