A N A R C H Y – Epic Fantasy War RPG (OOC)

Should We Make a Group for Accepted Members?

• No! - I am an accepted member.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! - I am not an accepted member.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: A N A R C H Y – An Epic Fantasy RPG (OOC)

*cough*

Confusion on my part, but does this work? Would she still be Argentum by Nationality because she is a slave or would she be Shear because she was enslaved?

Thanks for asking. Her nationality is her birth place. First-generation slaves keep the nationality of their homeland. Second-generations assume the nationality of their owner's current residence.

And Kid, take your time! We're just getting started :D

-grins- Glad to know I got it right!! LOLz I borrowed the name Ida from a book. The character was renamed Ida because her favorite words were "I dunno". ... I love how book writers do that type of stuff. I wonder if I can find the third book....

Hmm... it's possible the large first post is putting people off. Might I suggest putting the races and magics in spoiler tags, so that people don't feel they have to read every single entry all at once? It might be better if they focus on which of the 3 nations they want to hail from, before getting overwhelmed by racial and magic considerations. I find most players give a quick scan of the OOC before they decide whether to read in detail. Maybe the spolier tags will help draw more attention to the images and nations as the central themes.

Just my two cents.

Name: Karseun Geburich

Race: Erog
Magic: Alter

Nationality: ELIYDAR

Position: Clergy

Personality: Stoic, grumpy and severe.

History: Geburich hails from the dwindling race of Erogs and is one of the few who involves himself with the bustling cities of the Acluu. He is known as a mentor and investigator, who can be called upon to solve a mystery or instruct a nobleman's children. Most of his time is devoted to teaching - a practice which most Erogs do not share with "lesser races". But Geburich believes that more is learned in teaching others, for in that act you reveal more quickly the things you do not know. His reputation is one of a cantankerous and difficult old man, but if one uses the right persuasion they can get him on board. He has a particular fondness for the royal family and often agrees to come in from his hermit dwellings to offer advice. At various times he has been appointed as a royal investigator, using his keen mind and skill with the Twain to reverse-analyze crime scenes and track criminals. Now, more than ever, the king of Eliydar requires his services.

Patron God/Goddess: Erren, Goddess of the Winds

Hmm... it's possible the large first post is putting people off. Might I suggest putting the races and magics in spoiler tags, so that people don't feel they have to read every single entry all at once? It might be better if they focus on which of the 3 nations they want to hail from, before getting overwhelmed by racial and magic considerations. I find most players give a quick scan of the OOC before they decide whether to read in detail. Maybe the spolier tags will help draw more attention to the images and nations as the central themes.

Just my two cents.

That's a great idea and I tried, but there are no spoiler tags in Iwaku. (By this I mean, no
x
or
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
tags that I know of.)

If you know any, let me know though!!!

And awesome char, totally accepted! :D Small question though - is the fire just part of the pic, or can Geburich actually control it? Because there is no magic in Triera that makes that possible... If he can't control fire, great! No need to change the picture … I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the feedback Asmodeus, I appreciate your contribution. Looking forward to Merek's Appearance and History, Slyen.

Yeah, it's just a picture of a grumpy wizard. No flaming hand mojo intended.

And spoiler tags are [spoiler="title" ] [/spoiler ]. They don't work unless you have a title in the opening tag.

Like so

[DASH=#00CDCD]
cєcιℓу
ƸӜƷ
Name: Cecille Havenschill
Race: Bower
Magic: Light

Nationality: Argentum
Position: Nobility [Daughter of the Queen's Cousin], member of the Royal Court

Personality: The youngest representative of the Argentum Royal Court and a devoted follower of the Goddess Halla, Cecille is kind and good-natured. In debates and conflicts, she is a quick-learner and a quick-thinker, easily bringing compromise to both sides without trouble. She takes pride in her work and seeks to continue learning.
Appearance: Stunning blue eyes, blond hair and fair skin, Cecille takes after her deceased mother, a relative of the current Argentum Queen. She is small in stature, as are many Bowers, but agile and quick on her feet. Her body shows athletic prowess although her appearance is rather delicate.
History: Cecille grew up with the heir to Argentum, in the same chambers of the Argentum royalty. She was a child always eager to learn, eager to accomplish, and as such, the court sought to make her one of it's own. At a young age, she was put into training. As a result, the future of Argentum is Cecille's first priority, and peace, her second. She wishes to solve the mystery of the heir's disappearance, but also bring an end to the warring nations.
Patron God/Goddess: Halla, Goddess of Life (four pointed star, white)

[/DASH]

Yeah, it's just a picture of a grumpy wizard. No flaming hand mojo intended.

And spoiler tags are [spoiler="title" ] [/spoiler ]. They don't work unless you have a title in the opening tag.

Like so

YAYYYY! Thank you so much! I'll do that at once! :D Oh, and Geburich: accepted 100%, what a wonderful addition to our motley crew ;D

[DASH=#00CDCD][/DASH][DASH=#00CDCD]
cєcιℓу
ƸӜƷ
Name: Cecille Havenschill
Race: Bower
Magic: Light

Nationality: Argentum
Position: Nobility [Daughter of the Queen's Cousin], member of the Royal Court

Personality: The youngest representative of the Argentum Royal Court and a devoted follower of the Goddess Halla, Cecille is kind and good-natured. In debates and conflicts, she is a quick-learner and a quick-thinker, easily bringing compromise to both sides without trouble. She takes pride in her work and seeks to continue learning.
Appearance: Stunning blue eyes, blond hair and fair skin, Cecille takes after her deceased mother, a relative of the current Argentum Queen. She is small in stature, as are many Bowers, but agile and quick on her feet. Her body shows athletic prowess although her appearance is rather delicate.
History: Cecille grew up with the heir to Argentum, in the same chambers of the Argentum royalty. She was a child always eager to learn, eager to accomplish, and as such, the court sought to make her one of it's own. At a young age, she was put into training. As a result, the future of Argentum is Cecille's first priority, and peace, her second. She wishes to solve the mystery of the heir's disappearance, but also bring an end to the warring nations.
Patron God/Goddess: Halla, Goddess of Life (four pointed star, white)

[/DASH]

Sakura, what a great CS! Accepted also. Whoo, this is nice, we've got 3 accepted chars and 1 pending. With a few more additions hopefully we can get this show on the road! And if there are no more additions, I'll whip up a character or two and we can get started. Looking forward to it already! Thanks for your patience, guys, I know I've been slow with posting lately, but this shall be amended as soon as New Year's festivities blow over and my 200 relatives leave at last. TMI.

I'll go roll the dice now for some magic determination action ;D

----------- FIRST DICE ROLL RESULTS -------------

NOTE: These are honest dice rolls. The results have not been tampered with. May Lady Luck be on your side today! "Final Decision" is your decision of which of the possibilities you want to choose for your character. Please post with your final decision so that the magic choosing can be complete.

> Bellsong (Ida Kyyel) -- Shield

number-61.jpg

Result:
Possibilities:
1 major / 2 minor / 1 major, 2 minor
Revive / Restore / Support, Mend / Revive, Support / Revive, Mend / Restore, Support / Restore, Mend / Revive, Support, Mend / Restore, Support, Mend
Final Decision: Pending

> Asmodeus (Karseun Geburich) -- Alter

mw3-november-8.jpg

Result:
2 +1 racial affinity = 3
Possibilities:
1 major / 2 minor
Final Decision: 1 major
Permute

> Saruka (Cecille Havenschill) -- Light

m4.jpg

Result:
3 +1 racial affinity = 4
Possibilities:
1 major / 2 minor
Final Decision: 1 major
- Apparition

--------------Congrats to all, I am looking forward to hearing your choices!-----------

NOTE: Should some results prove unsatisfactory, the owner of them may petition for up to 1 more dice roll. Should the owner not petition for a new dice roll within 3 days after IC roleplay has begun, the current dice roll will be final. If an owner petitions for a new dice roll, that dice roll will be the final score, regardless of its comparison to the first dice roll of that owner.

I'll go with 1 Major, Apparition, please & thank you!

^-^

*gets blown across the room by the high-impact art*

x__x

I'll take Major, Permute.

Nice! I'll apply that right away. So glad to have several active players on here now! I can't wait to get started.

OK … so … I feel bad for doing this, but I started making a char for this and then I just couldn't stop and I fell in love with her. And then I made another one -.- If anyone (who has an accepted char in this RP) doesn't want me to have one or both of those characters, please feel free to speak up or mail me privately, I honestly won't hold it against you at all. Because it wouldn't be fair for me to determine my own dice rolls, as that would be highly suspicious, I am inviting anyone with an accepted char in this RP to do the dice roll for me if they like (though if no one volunteers, I will do it myself). OK. Here are the 2 chars … also, though I do honestly play both genders equally, they are both female, but that's because … that's who they are; it's their persona. Ok, before this turns into one enormous essay In Defense Of My Two Characters, I'll stop writing now!!

-- CHAR 1: Keda Angharra --

3662050135_98b0237b77.jpg

From Flickr; Artist Unknown

Name: Keda Angharra (kay-duh ahn-gah-ruh)
Nickname: Kay
Race: Enser

Magic: Wild
Nationality: Shear
Position: pauper

Personality: Keda is very cautious and observant, with stunning senses and a way of knowing what people are feeling like. Still, having lived away from anyone but her adoptive father for so long, she is very independent and has enormous trouble working together with others, preferring solitude over interaction and disliking speech. She has her own mind and great endurance, willing to pull through to the end for a cause she supports. However, she is also naïve, and easily manipulated, since she is so unfamiliar with the world around her. Despite her suspicious nature, she has never met anyone she couldn't trust, though she knows through her father's stories that they do exist and what they can do.

Appearance: Like all Wildes that specialize in animal magic, Keda possesses qualities of her soul animal, but otherwise looks relatively human. And while she is not conventionally beautiful, she stands out in other ways. Keda has a slender and willowy build, her lissome movements silent as a shadow, but the graceful movements are accompanied by a ripple of muscle hinting at great speed and agility, a result of years spent hunting in the forest. Her olive skin is thick but soft; her gray hair has grown to cover her in almost a soft down; and her nails are more like claws, but it is during the nighttime when her magic is most apparent. In the dark, her eyes glow amber, and she can see perfectly. Her long, glossy black hair is long and straight and falls to her waist when open, but she likes to keep it loosely plaited so that it doesn't get tangled in something. Her dusky face is narrow but not angular, with broad cheekbones, a long, slim nose and dark, thin lips. Her enormous eyes, rimmed with dense black lashes and arched, thick ebony eyebrows, are very large and tinted an uncanny shade of lilting gray, reminiscent of the surface of the moon, and just as captivating. She moves like a shadow and could easily be mistaken for one; her motions are filled with the natural, spellbinding ease of a confident hunter. Her gray eyes have an almost hypnotizing quality to them at times. Typically Keda wears obviously self-made hide clothing, which tends to sport several dark brown stains (whether mud or blood is debatable) and is frequently bedecked in twigs and leaf litter. Her attire is not, however, torn or in bad condition, for whenever Keda's clothes rip or grow scruffy and uncomfortable, she makes new ones; due to her occupation as a hunter, she can produce as much clothing for herself as she likes, whenever she likes. Keda does not wear jewelry of any kind, as it tends to snag and make noises that will alert her prey, as well as being expensive and useless. She owns a pair of proper shoes for when she travels, but in the forest she simply wears primitive sandals designed to protect the soles of her feet from sharp objects and soften the sounds of her footsteps.

History: Keda was a bastard, born to a woman who had committed adultery with a married man. The woman was killed and, according with the law of her village, Keda was abandoned into the forest to die. Being a defenseless baby, she probably would have, had not a professional hunter named Hol, possessed of an extraordinarily kind and generous heart, found the little child and, upon discovering her racial skills, recognized her value as a business associate and been charmed utterly by the infant's adorable cooing noises and charismatic eyes. He raised her in the forest, teaching her how to hunt as well as him, and better. Growing up in a sylvan environment allowed Keda to form an intensely close bond with nature, and by her twenty-third birthday she had surpassed even her father in her skill as a hunter, though her ability to charm animals with her haunting grey eyes contributed to her success. Three years ago, Hol died tragically in a terrible hunting accident; a rotten tree branch snapped and fell upon him, puncturing his skull and instantly killing him. Heartbroken, Keda grew even more secluded from civilization, shunning the cities and roads and enjoying the wilderness, but still, the solitude often gets to her.
Patron God: Aousai, God of the Hunt

-- CHAR 2: Flavya de Rose --

redheadfairy.jpg

Art by Charlie Bowater, DeviantArt

Name: Flavya Alyanna Empyrri de Rose (flah-vee-yah ahl-ee-yan-nah emp-ee-ree)
Nickname: Flavi, Alya, Iri
Race: Erog

Magic: Sword
Nationality: Eliydar
Position: aristocrat
Personality: Flavya may look innocuous and act carefree, but underneath all that is a sharp, highly observant, and viciously calculating mind. She is not known for her scruples, and being one of Triera's most successful merchants, she is not above fraud and extortion to get her way. While Alya is very experienced, most who know not her identity take her to be a common trader, and she is proud of her sophistication. She is an expert actor and can put on many masks, and deception can be an enjoyable game to her. She is extremely proud, and cannot tolerate an infringement of her dignity; her enemies have been known to be struck by one disaster after another until they are finally decimated by a flick of her hand. Notably, however, Alya refrains from methods many of her contemporaries and colleagues regularly employ – she hates murder and seduction, finding them petty and amateur ways to vanquish an opponent. Instead, she elaborately plots brilliant, complex strategies to take down competition and foes, with dozens of back-up plans. She is very influential because of her control of the market, her connections, her wealth and her ability to blackmail many esteemed men and women involved in government and economy.

Appearance: Due to her magic, vigorous lifestyle and care with appearances, Alya looks at least five, if not ten, years younger than she really is, but for some hard lines around her mouth and a depth to her eyes. She has sharp, yellow-green eyes that can adopt a variety of expressions, from glazed and naïve to sage and witty to cruel and malicious to sultry and seductive. Cascading stylishly to her hips is a frothing storm of copper-red tresses, wavy and quite dense. She possesses an attractive face, with delicate bone structure, rosy cheeks, a smattering of freckles and a perpetual smile that can be interpreted as most anything, so dubious is its nature, though usually it just looks mocking. She is willowy and looks to be very frail, but her speed is incredible, and she is easily underestimated. Flavya invests great care in her appearance, more out of pride than vanity. She has stockpiled a large fortune, small pieces of it tucked away here and there, and is never seen in shabby clothing unless that is her specific intention. She loves to wear jewelry and expensive silks, and travels often; thus her garb is a combination of familiar and exotic components, reflecting cultures across the globe.

History:
Flavya has been a merchant her whole life, ever since she can remember, and has been caught up in shady deals, corruption and ripoffs on a daily basis, but she has rarely been deceived, as she is such a master of the art herself. Unfortunately, this and her extremely busy life has greatly impeded any romantic opportunities, and Flavya is resentful of the fact.
Patron Goddess: Kashina, Goddess of Gold

Ok, im very interested in doing this, got through the setup and vaguely scanned the other characters, for now though.

Bellsong one of my first character ideas just now was to do a Gwydde slave.....

Anyways, ill will have a character up by tommorow night!

I'll have a character up either tomorrow night or the day after.

Two new members! Ooh, this is epic!

@Bloodfox – Thank you for your interest, we'd love to have you! Take your time – these CSs require lots of consideration!

@Kairoga – Great! We can use all the players we get. And thank you very much for alerting Bellsong to the similarity of your character concepts. While I can't endorse copying, the concept of an Argenian slave allows for a lot of variation, so personally I'm not worried about plagiarism; in fact it'd be interesting to have two characters who can closely relate in such a fashion!

​Ok everybody … keep up the good work, we'll be up and running soon!

Result: 6
Possibilities: 1 major / 2 minor / 1 major, 1 minor
Revive / Restore / Support, Mend / Revive, Support / Revive, Mend / Restore, Support / Restore, Mend
Final Decision: Pending

One minor, one major... is that KK? I was hoping for restore and revive. -grins- If not, just choose for me or something, cause I really don't mind that much.

And I don't care. Sometimes i don't get why people ask me that. Why would I care if someone made a character close to in any way? I'ma copy cat, sometimes i even sing "Copy cat, copy cat..." -shrugs- So yeah, make whatevs you want, never have I cared before.

Now, I have to get off. Really, again, no need to ask, I never cared. So yeah... BAI PEEPS!!!! DON'T LET THE BUTTERFLY EAT YOU!!!!

Bellsong,

...I'll try not to let any butterflies eat me, thanks for the warning! I never imagined they could be such vicious creatures but hey, you learn something new every day! ;D

Glad you're so excited, Bellsong! Unfortunately, there is an error with the information I gave – a typo, but a highly embarrassing one. You can in fact choose 1 major and 2 minor at once! However, it is an established rule that no one can have 2 Majors in any magic, even though it would be nice! I hate to be a party pooper, but I'll have to insist that you either choose between Restore and Revive or just take the 2 minors. I hope that's OK!

If you want my personal opinion, I'd go with Revive … it can save someone from almost dying, allow the user to cross great distances without tiring physically (only mentally because of the magic drain), and more. Still, Restore also has its obvious advantages, especially to a slave, so it's up to you!

Bellsong when I had pout that i meant to say it as holy crap, we had the same idea! Anyways, whats the character limit?

I'll have my character on this post, so im gonna just edit it in when im done....

ATTENTION EVERYBODY! VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT RULES & REVISIONS!

1 > Announcement Section & FAQ

The second post on this thread will be revised to become an Announcement Section where all of these announcements are posted in chronological order. That way you can check up on all recent and bygone rule updates and policy revisions. Whenever I post a new announcement, I will provide a link to the front page. The Announcement Section will include a FAQ. Those who ask questions remain anonymous. You can PM me questions privately, post them on my profile or post them on this thread.

The second post down on this page is where you can find the Announcement Section.

2 > Two-Magic Penalty Revision

There has been a rule change regarding the penalty for having two magics for one character. Found under "A Note on Magic" in the "Story" section of the first post, the revision reads thus:

Your character may have up to 2 magics, but both must be in accord with your character's nationality. Also, this will result in a penalty deduction of skills – a roll of 1-3 will let you choose 2 minor types, and a roll of 4-6 will let you choose 1 major and 1 minor type or 2 minor types.

3 > Second Chance Dice Roll

There has been a magics re-roll policy instituted for those of you unsatisfied with your dice roll results. Found in the first dice roll post on Page 2 four posts down and soon to be added to the first post under "A Note on Magic" in the "Story" section, the rule reads thus:

Should some results prove unsatisfactory, their owner may petition for up to 1 more dice roll. Should the owner not petition for a new dice roll within 3 days after IC roleplay has begun, the current dice roll will be final. If an owner petitions for a new dice roll, that dice roll will be the final score, regardless of its comparison to the first dice roll of that owner.

4 > Characters Rule

I have decided that I should officially announce that every user may have 2 characters. They may be/have the same gender, race and magics, but may not be the same nationality.

Announcement details can be found in the Announcement Section complete with FAQ.

5 > New Deities

There are two new deities, Aousai, God of the Hunt and Kashina, Goddess of Gold. They are listed under the "Gods" section. Also, Horus, God of Dawn's official color has been changed from gold to yellow. Remember that you can invent your own deities anytime!

Announcement details can be found in the Announcement Section complete with FAQ.

6 > Accepted Characters Revision

In light of these recent, major changes, I have made an exception to a rule that will otherwise be strictly adhered to: users with accepted characters as of Jan. 12th, 2012, may revise their application sheet before Jan. 16th, 2012.

Reactions: 1 person