A Muse?

A

Ai

Original poster
I have a quick question...what is a muse? I have been curious ever since I joined Iwaku. Aside from being a little cat like creature from jack and daxter I have no idea what it is.

People seem to have associated it to writing...so what is it?

an excuse for being lazy? or maybe one for not coming up with ideas? and thus being a label for your inpsitration in writing. That's what i've come to figure out so far anyway.

(Bows and asks people politely not to be offended. It's just a question i've wanted to ask for a while.)

A muse is the term used for inspiration. Something like passion or an idea, but muse usual fits the description. Most writers have inspiration that gets them to write, so that's what the term comes from.

The Muses were originally divine beings who inspired artists to create their work. In older literature the writer would sometimes begin with a passage dedicated to his muse, like an opening prayer, calling on them to bless their work.

What Asmodeus said. :3
I believe the idea began in greek mythology, that there were nine muses (goddesses) who served to inspire humanity in nine different forms of art.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse