A multi-crossover featuring Anime settings and characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your way of thinking.

So, I do have an idea. That being, perhaps Izaya is a bit "willing" to give information. For a price. Favors/jobs?

Coarse, it is only an idea.

That's how Izaya works. Give him a group of strangers and he could even go so far to where he could charge them for information that would only lead them straight into a trap where they had to keep paying him for information even.

The only problem with him is he's basically the reason why things get hard to write. Figure it out and it can be great.

Indeed he is difficult to work with.

Question is, how would he get the upper hand, so he could keep charging them for information?

Hostage? Or blackmail even?

Perhaps, he knows that the heroes require his information, thus he works up to the point where they can't deny him. And thus, he strikes a new bargain with them. The price being something else. Though, what would Izaya ask for his price, that the heroes couldn't deny?

In the largest sense, the locations of some of the items and heroes needed to defeat the mastermind. Not that it would be quite that straightforward.

Or the strengths/weaknesses to some of the other villains.

And a friend did suggest that Izaya's price could be the following.

1: Power, more so than what he has already attained.
2: Amnesty from having teamed up with the mastermind, whom is trying to disrupt timelines.
3: Something Izaya would ask for, because that is what a Izaya do. - Their exact words.

All of that is very true and correct, and I think I fully understand point 3.

Doesn't come close to writing the DRRR world, but it does point out enough possible beginnings and endings to get that started.

Add in a few Dollars, some sushi, super strength, mother, a Headless Rider, and some other things and stir.

Stir a lot. Then stir more.

By the time it's done, power levels might not even be the real problem it would appear to be from afar.

Stir it til a masterpiece.

A friend did suggest that since some characters are from different locations, should they have a slight language barrier?

Not really, it's too hard to do it. Players don't play them well.

Try a cultural barrier instead.

Sounds good.

Could add for some humor.

Now, a friend did bring up a few good questions.

And that is, how many villains should there be in each different anime universe and who should they be? For, as an example. It could throw off the main characters of One Piece if they encountered Envy from FMA. [Though, I don't think Envy would last long in that universe.]

Another question, should there be 'misunderstandings' when encountering the main cast of an anime, that haven't gone through a death of one of their own? Or anything timeline changing? [To put into simpler terms, basically what if the team arrived a bit early, and while trying to explain what is going on, they are accused of being the killers themselves. Either that, or Envy attempts to off one of the main cast, disguised as one of the heroes.]

All of that is good questions in the writing of the individual worlds. It is all legitimate questions that you can get a feel for in time. You don't really even have players yet. Right now, write enough to start and do one world and if you get through all of that you will have a better feeling for it.

this seems cool, i'm down for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.