A Monument To All Your Sins

(Sorry, was out all yesterday. Dang, now I gotta catch up.)

Roza just tried to ignore most of the argument, filled as it was with what the Russian's called dick fighting. Basically, too many egos in one confined space meant that two of them at least had to have a go at one another, typically. She strengthened her hold on the chair she had chosen and planted her feet on the floor of the pelican to balance herself.

She snorted at the comments from their commander, though not over the comm. There was no use sparking up the same argument by adding fuel to the fire, even if Thoran had successfully shaken them out of the egoistic fight. Seeing that they had come around to introductions, she leant forward and added to the conversation herself, voice just as Russian as Wolf's but nowhere near the burr. She was a Cossack dammit. "Introductions are in order, perhaps? Can't be yellin' something like 'Deadeye' in battle, it ain't a good working idea."
He nodded, chuckling before smiling, extending his hand. "The name's Felix, miss?..."

Enrique was thankful to the woman for saving him a conversation with Felix again. He would probably have gotten some racist shit from the guy, or even something about his nickname. Better to just not feed the guy anything. Enrique didnt really understand that fuel to the fire comment. It just seemed kind of out of place. The guy even pointed his rifle at his own fucking face, a real class act he was.

As soon as Felix jumped up, wolf already leaned back looked up at barrel of the gun, his hand had a nice grip on his pistol that was aimed directly towards the hothead's chin. He had the safety off and finger on the trigger. You don't pull a gun on your teammate unless they have one at you, which means this guy was a liability, a danger to the mission. Once the pelican shook, it didn't do much besides make wolf use his free hand to grip a handle on his seat. But then the boss man spoke in... Once Felix had put down his weapon and returned to his seat, wolf did the same, finger off the trigger, safety on and back on his hip.

Quietly he made a grunt, before going back to his relaxed position, looking towards the ground.

Even though Enrique looked like the most trustworthy, besides the boss man of course, there is only so far you can go with a recruit. Especially on his very first mission. This fire team...was certainly interesting one to say the least. Especially the flamboyant trigger finger.​

The Pelican broke through the planet's atmosphere with a slight bump and began soaring towards the surface. Within minutes, a large human city could be seen far below them.

"Welcome to Levosia… Governed by the UEG, founded during 2494, and one of the first battlegrounds between us and the Insurrectionists, according to its data profile. You all remember the Insurrectionists, right? We've been fighting them since the 22nd​ century although lately they've been much less aggressive, thankfully." Thoran steered away from the main city and landed a short distance away behind a sparse amount of trees, like he had said.

Enrique clenched his rifle as he felt the Pelican rumble as it broke the atmosphere. He heard Thoran's voice over the comms and prepared for exiting the pelican. Thoran brought the craft down smoothly, landing away from the city near a small patch of trees. Enrique was the first to stand and approach the ramp. He was extremely eager to get on the ground and get his rifle up.

"You'll be fine," He said to himself, "Very small chance of getting shot out the gate, very very unlikely."

He let out a shakey breath and turned on his comms. He didnt speak but he just wanted it there if he needed to.

Enrique clenched his rifle as he felt the Pelican rumble as it broke the atmosphere. He heard Thoran's voice over the comms and prepared for exiting the pelican. Thoran brought the craft down smoothly, landing away from the city near a small patch of trees. Enrique was the first to stand and approach the ramp. He was extremely eager to get on the ground and get his rifle up.

"You'll be fine," He said to himself, "Very small chance of getting shot out the gate, very very unlikely."

He let out a shakey breath and turned on his comms. He didnt speak but he just wanted it there if he needed to.
Felix then stood up, walking to the ramp. Unfortunately for Enrique, Felix would have to scout the area before anyone could even get off the ramp. He walked forward, about ten feet off the ground did Felix jump off, his thruster pack throwing him up to give a gentle landing for him. "Commander, I'll scout the area before anyone does anything, if in ten I don't give anything, turn the Pelican on again and get outta here. If I do, then get everyone off the Pelican."

Slipping from the confines of the seat, Jason practically cradled the rifle as he moved into a kneeling position, gun tracking over anything that got his attention for a moment. He'd spaced out after his input in the arguement, but at least now they would all have one person to shoot at...Hopefully. Slipping the safety on the gun off, his finger rests beside the trigger guard, not quite inside of it but prepared. "Well, least I know that one of us has a brain. I s'pose the rest of us are just going to have to prove it, eh?" His head slowly tracks across the perimeter from where he can see it, not even turning as he delivers the comment. The movement almost seems...Birdlike, as it slowly swivels with occasional sharp turns to some random sector of his field of fire. "So, anybody want to take bets on how long before we're shot at?"

Wolf got up and pulled his DMR from his back, turned the safety off and powered the scope on and the ant-jammer in the gun. Don't want to have a dysfunctional gun on the field. As he walked up to the ramp of the back, he heard Felix over the comm, Wolf knew leaving a spartan behind is bad news...if it's the insurrectionists, then those rebels will take his armor and use it...unsc and ONI will not appreciate that. And who were Spartans to run away from a battle?​

He noticed Enrique forgot to engage his weapon, he reached over to him while standing next to him, turned the safety off and power on. Then gave a pat on the back while putting his attention back to the back ramp. The rookie looked nervous...Both hands on his gun, he cracked his neck then rolled both shoulders and shook his head. It was gonna feel nice to be on the field again.​

Thorin jumped out of the cockpit and pulled his weapons from the side of the Pelican. He walked over to the group, who had just about all made it out of the Pelican. Good start, he thought to himself with a chuckle.

"Felix! Get moving! You saw which way the city is. Make sure you stay out of site. I just want a visual on the outside of the city, nothing more. Once you see it, head straight back, understand? The rest of us will get a perimeter going around the Pelican. Don't keep us waiting too long. Once you're back, depending on what you find, we'll go from there." He said roughly then turned to the rest of the team.

"Green Horn! Icarus! You two can take the tree line. I want you to make sure we're not being watched. Wolf! Head north but stay in sight. I just want a to make sure everything around us is safe. Akula! Same for you, but south. And Roza! You head east. I'll be going with Green Horn and Icarus. Alright! Move out!"

Enrique didnt even realize he had left his safety off, he nodded to Wolf in thanks and then stepped to the dirt. Thorin came out of the cockpit and stated dishing out orders, when Enrique heard he was to check the perimeter he moved with proficiency. He held his rifle tucked to his shoulder and scanned the treeline before approaching in it, making small loops. He left the branches unsnapped, and the leaves mostly undisturbed so that he could spot any footprints or distinct marks. Nothing, if anyone had been here they must have been ghosts. Enrique switched his comms on and looked towards Thorin and Icarus.

"Treeline is clear from what I can tell, no signs of disturbance in the past 12 ours or so." Enrique said moving through the treeline, "I think its safe to say we arent being watched."

Wolf nodded his head, and put his rifle on his back. He made a slow jog out north. Making sure the rest of the squad was in sight. Once he made it as far as he could go he took a look around, making notes every small detail, from the shape of the trees, and the color of the leaves. That's when he heard Enrique's comment, he looked up at the sky. "Wouldn't that be what they want us to think?" He thought to himself. He felt that it wasn't a broken comm's station, anyone can fix that quickly, it had to be something more. Especially if Spartans were sent to check it out. "Clear..." His voice came through the comms. He then pulled out his rifle and leaned up against the tree. Keeping his eyes out for anything out of the ordinary...radar looked clear...​

Felix maintained radio silence, he had been performing parkour, using his thrusters to jump from ledges, the sides of small walls of rock, and as a general aid in his sprint. "This is Felix, no sign of the lugar." After about 7 minutes of running, he stopped and threw himself to the ground, panting as he looked down the DMR scope toward the city.

"Visibility, check... No contact." He spoke in TEAMCOMMS "Switching to IFR." Immediately, he turned on the infrared in his helmet, getting only the flashes of window glare from the sun, and plants. "This is Felix, no sign of contact... Humans, Coves, Dogs or Cats. Seems like we're walking into a pretty rad fuckin' welcome party." He stood back up from his crouch and sprinted back to the site

Last edited by a moderator:
"Trust me, even if they were really good, no one is good enough for me not to spot some sign of them being here." Enrique said in a jovial tone, "So treelines clear, Sir."

Enrique moved back towards the Pelican and took a knee with his rifle in his hands scanning the treeline, his HUD showed his teammates positions and he made sure not to aim his rifle that way but he kept checking the other areas. He heard Felix say something over the Comms and it prompted Enrique to agree but he kept his mouth shut. His radar showed no signs of unknown movement, it was rather boring for a first landing.

Roza jumped off the Pelican with the rest of them, landing with bent knees as instinctive. She'd proceeded to ignore most of the conversation after her words, merely collecting their names and matching names to faces. It was a good habit, to know who each person was, even if she could not get attached to their appearances.

With a quick glance around the group, she nodded to her Commander and headed east, scanning the landscape with a keen eye as she went- taking notes mentally as to the positions of the rock formations, any signs of life or habitation but so far, there was absolutely nothing to see but dirt, rocks and the occasional solitary tree far from the tree line. She broke radio silence with a low buzz, quickly relaying her findings to her team. "East is clear, Sir. No signs of habitation or life whatsoever."

Felix had eventually arrived back, looking at the hill that Enrique overlooked the Pelican. He ran infront of Enriques sights, laughing the entire time as he began to sprint "Dramatic entrance coming through!" At the edge of the cliff, he activated his thruster pack and flew higher for a bit, before landing right next to the ship. While mid air, he wooped and laughed. "I can't believe the UNSC literally gives the Spartans the fun shit!" He landed, giving his last laughs as he went to Commander Thoran. "Haha... Ah.. Sir! No visuals on anything living, not even the bugs! We're coming into a nice welcoming party."

"No fucking around, Felix!" Thoran said sternly. He looked around once more, then called everyone in over the comm system. "We'll be splitting into three groups. Felix and Green Horn. I need you both to stay with the Pelican and contact us if anything happens. The rest of us will head in and do a quick scan of the area. Once we're in, Roza and Icarus will head off to a rooftop of Roza's choosing where you'll have a good view of the entire city, while Akula, Wolf and I will head towards the city centre, checking buildings and subways as we go."

"в открытой ... приятно (in the open...nice)" he said through comm's before going quiet. He pulled the DMR from his back. And staying close to his mobile squad. The subways might have some interest to wolf. Plus he could get some hands on with the tech in the city.​

Enrique was a tad annoyed to hear he was stuck on guard duty for the damn pelican. He let out a grumble and was thankful his comms were off, it wasnt so much that he had to be staying behind but the fact that fucking Felix would be the guy he'd be partnered with. Enrique was definitely grumpy. He switched his comms on and made sure he didnt have a tone in his voice.

"Roger that sir, I can cover the ship up with some foliage in the event a party arrives here."

Enrique finished his sentence and turned his comms off, so that he could still here but no one could hear him.

"Oh, boy. I get to do some babysitting, I s'pose." He let's out a long, overly dramatic sigh, before moving over to where he could see the sniper. "Guess I'm followin' with you, hun." He props the rifle against his shoulder as he shrugs his gear into a more comfortable position. "I'm ready whenever you are."

Felix sighed, jumping onto the top of the pelican as he sat there and began to speak into the comms "Don't think it's a good idea cap'n. If we head into the tunnels, don't you think it's a good idea to have a Scout to check in?" Felix looked at Enrique, then back at the commander. "Besides. Maybe Enrique could give the ol' Pelican a quick maintainance in case we get out early?"