A Model Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon arriving at the destination, Kristen found that she was free for the day. Though, she had fixed herself up a bit more in her room, she was still wearing the same clothing she had gotten from Jared. A small part of her started to wonder why he was asking about trying again. It wasn't like him to suddenly change his point of view, and he really hadn't shown that he was happy with her since she came walking into his company. She didn't enjoy her lonely walking for long though before Jared found her and started walking with her through the markets.

She could hear the talking of the vendors but she didn't react much on it. She learned that letting what people said bother you was just a waste of energy and time. Certainly there was better and more important things to worry about than what a stranger thought. Jared was really pushing things though, his fuzz ball ways coming through in his actions. It was just like the old days. Offering to buy her anything she wanted or just cracking his usually flirty jokes and comments as they strolled along. It made her smile a bit, but only a little bit. Figuring that it would only be fair to endulge the man, she had him buy her some small things and a swim suit.

When lunch came, they stopped at this lovely little cafe, sitting outside on their back patio area with perfect view of the beach. As the breeze blew past them gently, she looked up at him and smiled a bit, nodding her head a bit at his offer before he brought up a rather simple yet complicated question. Looking out over the waters, she thought quietly to herself before speaking.

"You know...I forgot really." She said softly, knowing that that really wasn't the case.

A calm silence was brought forth between them. Jared didn't speak but he hadn't forgotten, he really hadn't. Truth be told, he was young and shallow back then, dating girls only for their looks. One could predict that all those girls ended up being tools. Though he had come across Kristen who was different, something he wanted but couldn't really have. Even to this day, she drove him mad but he didn't speak of it. Love was indeed a hard game. And he was losing right now. Chewing the food in his mouth his thoughts wandered.

Looking at the sky's horizon, he questioned his future.

Like his nagging brother kept reiterating, he needed something solid. He had no more time for silly play. He needed to focus on business and the wretched seriousness of the dark adult world. Why sometimes Jared just wished he could fly away on his own island and live out the rest of his days in peace. He wanted to take a break and think for a second. Life had to be better, so why couldn't he enjoy it?

As lunch closed, the two headed off to the beach.

Jared had already found himself lying on the blanket, feeling the warmth of the sun rays. His skin was readily sun screened and the black sunglasses blocking the sun.

"You know, I want to know more about you, like your favorite color, your birthday, your family... Rather than liking you for just for your looks. I want depth if that makes any sense... so...?"

Lunch ended rather quickly, though only because the food was rather delicious, and soon teh pair found themsleves relaxing on the beach. Kristin was sitting silently next to Jared as she thought of what he was saying. She wanted to believe him, to think that maybe this time it would be different. However, their past was something she coudn't forget. She was played once before, told she was loved only to be looked at as an accessory more than a person. Glancing to him from behind her oversized sunglasses, she sighed before flipping herself over in the hot sun to let her back tan up.

"Jared...If you are willing to take this seriously then so am I. But if this ends like it did in the past...I'm not giving you another chance ever again. Got it? I have better things to do with my time then be played with, the same goes for you as well. I'm not gonna waste your time either if we do try this." She said as she lay there.

She started to watch the people on the beach, walking through the sand, some hand in hand with one another. Maybe they could do that some time, look and feel like a real couple. That would take a couple dates though and plenty of relearning for the both of them.

He replied with a soft yea.

What she said still ringed in his ears, echoing, being processed into his mind. He was willing to give up being a player if he could find true satisfaction with a serious relationship. Though he never had to try so hard. Usually being a player was just in for the benefits and not the actual treasure. Most of the time the girls in his past remained as vague and bland personalities. All the same with their fake smiles and forced giggles. He didn't particularly find any of them attractive but they loved to tease and he went along with it.

So a fresh start.

That sounded quite nice.

Like wiping the board cleanly.

And so being quite the random fellow he was, he asked " Which do you prefer, para sailing or scuba diving?"

Kristin turned a bit to look at Jared, lifting her sunglasses enough to look at him with a raised eyebrow. That was just like him to just ask such a random question after such a serious conversation.

"Scuba diving." She said simply before she put her sunglasses back on.

Smiling a little, she had a feeling that the question wasn't pointless. Jared had always been the one to be spontanious. Still, she wasn't sure if scuba diving was something that they would have time for. After all, she was expected to still do her job and model, today had been a simple acception to the rule as they had just docked and they all needed a break.

"Anyway, I say we need to set some limits here. If we are doing this we should do it right...which means taking it slow." She said softly as the sounds of kids playing in the sand started to fill the air.

"Slow and steady wins the race... as it's said." Jared said with a slightly upturned smile.

For the rest of the afternoon, it felt like a quick blur of fun and laughter. Like Kristen requested, Jared decided against doing something too glamorous or over done. Instead he kept it simple as he hung out in the ocean water for a bit. He even helped a few of the little kids build a sand castle. Once the beach was closing, Jared had gotten everything packed. But the day wasn't officially over yet. He took her hand and they ended up in the night carnival where everything gleamed in the night.

And so they ended up on the Ferris wheel. Everything was going smoothly until the old thing began to creak and come to a halt. They were stuck midway through the turn. Jared didn't mind, for it was more peaceful and comforting. He pointed out the stars as one flashed by, those shooting stars, the ones that granted wishes. Jared made a small wish for himself that night which remained a secret but if stars really had powers, it would be granted. It felt nice to enjoy the moment then and there.

Just to be cliche and sweet, Jared leaned in for a kiss from Kristen.

A starry night. Two people. Wishes and Kiss. Seemed like such a dream.

The afternoon was quite fun, at least for Kristin. She spent most of it tanning and watching Jared help some of the local kids build a sand castle. Though, the beach soon had to close and they had to pack up, Kristen just pulling on the pants she had as she walked around with just her bikini top on. It was warm even in the evening here so it didn't bother her in the slightess to walk around like that. As it grew dark, the night carnival lite up the night, being filled with many stalls and games and smells.

Eventually, the pair ended up on a ferris wheel, riding along slowly as they looked over the town. She had a feeling that many of the other model were also enjoying the fun festival that was taking place and wondered when they were expected back on the ship. Before she could think much on it though, the ferris wheel stopped, keeping them stuck at the very top. Glancing over the side, she wondered if the ride had broken or if this was apart of the ride. She moved back in though to sit near Jared, looking up at the stars as he pointed them out.

It seemed there was a meteor shower this evening as plenty of shooting stars shot across the sky. It made her smile a bit, as she turned to look at Jared, only for them to connect their lips in a small kiss. Blushing a little, she pulled back from it, looking into his eyes before closing her own.

"We need to get back to the ship...I have work in the morning." She said softly.

Jared smiled, as if to show her that he understood. While in truth he was still in a bit of happy thoughts land but he didn't think to say a word about it. He began to dissect ideas in his head apart and put them back together yet again. Kristen was hard to woo for sure and maybe he needed to find some other way of flattery and love. The words desperate popped up in his head as he tried to push it away, a little embarrassed by how pushy he could be.

Returning back to the ship just in time, Jared retired into his room. That night he couldn't sleep. Not one bit.

In the morning, work commenced as they were sailing again to their next and final location near the coast of Spain.

Jared kept himself busy and occupied, but whenever he tried, he ended up looking like a fool and an idiot. His secretary couldn't help but smirk in amusement for her boss had lost his cool. Her knowing eyes could see through Jared so clearly but she didn't poke her nose into his business. Signing papers and reading was what Jared was best at so that's basically all he did. He didn't know what to do, finding himself to be staring in empty space and wandering from hall to hall without purpose.

Slamming his head against the wall a couple of times, he seemed to finally overcome his daze. And so he returned to work. Attempting to concentrate.

Kristin returned to the ship in time with Jared, returning to her own room. The day had been a rather nice one, even if it was a technical date with her ex boyfriend. He had been so nice though, rather different from the dates she remembered in the past. That night she slept alright, though she often found herself waking up every once in awhile as she thought about what had just started.

Morning came sooner than she thought as she was now working as a model once agian. It was rather hard to focus on the task at hand though, she kept thinking about Jared and wondering what he was doing at the moment. SHe wasn't sure what to really expect from this relationship now. After all, they had dated once and she wasn't even sure if they intended to even keep that in mind. It seemed that her other models noticed she wasn't very focused and soon she was moved out of the shoot for a small break, though in honest truth she understood it was because she wasn't preforming at her best level.

Wandering, she started to look around the ship a bit and see if maybe she could stumble upon Jared, at least for a small chat.

For a comfortable three hours, Jared had unknowingly fallen asleep on his desk. He woke up realizing that he had missed lunch and his stomach alerted him by sending signals of growls and mumbles. Getting up, he found himself on the deck looking around for something to eat. Buying a small sandwich he walked and ate, thinking about activities and things to do. Once they reached Spain it would be even more fun. Staying there for five days, that was enough to eat and tour. He was quite a history geek despite his appearance.

As he finished the sandwich he walked right into Kristen, her attire was casual so she probably finished working.

Trying to keep his words simple and short, he grinned and spoke in one syllable "Hey,"

"Hey..." Kristin said back softly as she looked up at Jared.

She hadn't expected to find him on the deck of all places. After all, his sea sickness usually kept him locked up near a bathroom, just in case. He must have taken some medicine if he was walking around and eating as well. Standing there in front of him, she crossed her arms as she looked him up and down. Now that she thought about it...

"Aren't you suppose to be working?" She asked smoothly as she gave him a knowing look, even when they were dating he was always trying to avoid work.

He decided to choose his words carefully, not sure what to reply with until each word was penciled in his brain. He didn't want to sound stupid or arrogant but to face the facts, she knew him too well. Now looking at things, he was indeed much more open to her than most people. Now he thought about it, he didn't know much about her family, really any of her strong passions. Her future and goals. What she wanted to do in life. Again, he had to stop and think. What the hell was he doing in their past relationship, but he didn't want think about the mistakes he made.

"Nah I got most of it done. Free to do anything, you want to do something? I'm open to suggestions" He shrugged with a lopsided smile. It was all up to her.

"Lunch would be nice...I'm kind of hungry. It looks like you just ate though and I wouldn't want to make you sit with me." She said simply as she looked at him.

She knew very well that he was just messing around, whether or not he would admit to it was none of her concern. Still, she shouldn't be surprised by this, this was Jared. In everyway he was just a slacker, even when he was trying really hard. Not pushing it though, she let the conversation just sit there, waiting to see what he would say. After all, he was the one who wanted to try this relationship a second time, she was only going along with it because...well...Jared was a convinceing man.

" I don't mind, so long as we can maybe spend some time." He said smoothly.

"I mean, anything you would like to do today."

Jared was open to doing anything since he had no plans in mind. Plus he would like to see what Kristen was interested in.

(I can't think of anything to do, so if you have any ideas, you can move the plot along)

"Alright, let's grab something to eat and just sit on the deck. I haven't been able to enjoy the ocean scenery all that much because of work." She admitted as she walked past him. "Come on, I'm sure the ships cafeteria has something I can eat. It's pretty well stocked."

Walking along the deck, she started to head off to find where the cafeteria was and get her lunch. She was rather famsihed at this point, maybe skipping breakfast before the shoot had been a bad idea. She'd fix it though, something to it would certainly make her feel a lot better. Kristin kept a steady pace as she walked along through the ship, looking around to see if she could find the mess hall.

"Ok" He said simply, following after Kirsten.

While she was looking around for something like a sandwich, Jared was simply looking around for something to drink. His mouth was moist and his throat tight. Dissapearing from her side for a second he returned with two bottles of orange seltzer as he handed one to Kristen. Opening the cap he chugged down the bubbly drink, saying 'ahh' with satisfaction. He turned to follow after her as she finally picked somewhere to eat. As they sat down, Jared had no idea what to say. He felt a little frustrated that every time he tried so hard to please Kristen, their just weren't any reactions or anything. Was he doing things correctly? Or was he failing terribly at this relationship? Being serious was so complicated, like a million different puzzle pieces to fit together. But holding his commitment together, he tried his hardest to build up something, anything.

"so how was work for you today? Anything important coming up?"

Kristen picked up a pasta dish from the cafeteria, smiling a bit as she was rather hungry now. She had turned to find Jared gone, though he returned shortly with something for the two of them to drink, she smiled and thanked him before she wandered over towards a small table up against a wall of the ship. This was nice, she didn't need anything complicated that day. In fact, the simpler the better. She was already having enough on her mind now that this relationship was starting over again, she didn't need any signals to misread. Looking up from her lunch as he asked about work, she paused and took a sip of her drink.

"It was good, I've been on the tired side though but I think it's just the boat...I'm not used to these beds and I've had a lot on my mind about the shoots. Anyway, not much else has changed, I've just been trying to keep up with the other girls. They all seem to have plenty of energy for this trip." She said before giving a light laugh. "I suppose I'm not as young as I used to be."

"Not young but still beautiful as usual," He said with wink while taking another sip of his seltzer.

Just as he was about to speak the ship blew out a loud beep. Announcing that they would dock in 15 minutes. Looking at the distance he saw the faint outline of the old Spanish buildings. He wondered if Kristen would like to tour after their nightly fashion show. There would be groups of famous designers of the highest labels and status. From the way Kristen was looking she seemed jittery. Tonight would be her big night. Jared himself had decided to just watch and say nothing more. There would be many competing models from other companies as well. A fashion competition, that's what it could be called.

"You aren't too nervous for tonight are you? I mean after tonight, it'll be like a relaxing vacation."

"You're just saying that because we're dating now." She said with a teasing tone.

As the ship sounded their arrival near shore, she blinked a bit. It seemed that they had arrived earlier than she expected. She really didn't want to work that night, she was already tired enough. Now she would have to walk the runway that night and be surrounded by cameras and paparazzi and designers shoving her into clothing again and again. It was what she loved to do...but some nights...it was a chore. She gave a small laugh as Jared asked about her being nervous. That was hardly the case. She was just tired...if anything, she was nervous that all of the good food made her increase in size since her last fitting.

"No...I'm just tired...I think I might take a nap before the show, just enough to be more focused when it comes to the busy hours of the night." She said as she turned to look at him.

"Well hey, even if we weren't dating, you're still gorgeous." He smiled

"Alright, but after words you can finally take a break, so that's nice. Anyways I should go now before I get yelled at. I'll see you later, it was nice chatting." He said softly and waved, disappearing off.

By night fall, the ship docked and all passengers were aloud to get off. Jared himself had spent his time watching tv after he finished the last of the paperwork. He was tired but he fought the sleepiness and decided to go and support Kristen. Dressing in his typical suit outfit, he followed after the swarm of models. His secretary pulled him onto one of the buses for a ride their. Many of the models were looking over at him and giggling like school girls. He would have been suave but he was constantly reminded by the thoughts of Kristen's words and didn't utter one word. One of the models attempted to flirt but he didn't even respond and eventually Jared was ignored.

As the bus was parked, all the models headed out. Jared decided to shop along the blocks, walking down the old streets and smelling the fresh scents of food. He grabbed a quick dinner and ate, keeping an eye on his watch. As the clocked ticked exactly to 7, he headed down to the entrance. Finding his secretary saving his seat near the front rows he sat down. From afar he paled as he recognized one of the familiar figures. Isabella Martinez, the daughter of one of the world's most successful bankers. She was laughing and smiling. He remembered his relationship with her, it was quite the adventure ride. But things ended on bad terms when Jared's own parents disapproved of her reckless behavior. He wanted to slink into the shadows so she wouldn't notice him from across the room. His stomach churned a bit.

The lights finally went down the show began, Jared sighed in relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.