A mixmash of The Long Dark/Fallout. General nuclear winter/fallout themes. Slow paced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malina

Original poster
What the title says.
Probably going to be a more slow paced RP. Less fighting, more talking. Finding out how to repair clothes, houses, heating, etc. Major enemies will probably be the elements although I'm not opposed to looters, animals, etc.

Setting:
Year XXXX. Set in Canada after a nuclear fallout.
Eternal winter settling in, major government dismantled, groups of citizens trying to make it together. We're from two separate groups and circumstances make it so that we lose them (but in turn find each other :OO). Try to survive. Yerp. Thinking of having a dice setting! Where we roll OOC and it determines how successful our actions are. Say we loot a house - roll a dice. High values = valuable items/a large amount of not so valuable items, low values = vice versa. Things like that where the dice roll doesn't completely determine our posts but does add a layer of RNG to it.

Elements:
Character Death.
Nuclear winter.
Long periods of darkness.
Darker themes in general.
Lifelessness.
Packs of feral dogs.
Possible mutations.
Radiated areas.
Focus on elemental danger.
Blizzard.
Ash fall.
Cabin fever.
Starvation.
Trust.
Strangers.
Bandits.
Migration south to USA (possible warmth).
Governmental collapse.
Angst.
Possible romance.
Platonic.
Any pairing (but I do have preferences) (but if you really want a pairing, I'm fine)
Realism.

So yeah.
If you're looking for how I generally post, you can look at my history (I've got some recent posts now!). I want someone who can help move the story along but is fine with a lot of back and forth talk. I dunno, recently I've been wanting a more "slow" and "talk" based RP (doesn't mean like text chat) more than an action one. Doesn't mean we won't have any!

Note on the romance/platonic. I can roll with any but if there is romance I don't want it to be forced. I'm also not going to do any romance with bluestars because I'm not comfortable with that (even if it isn't anything but a crush).

Hit my PMs and we can flesh out a better plot. There's other things I haven't mentioned but you'll get to hear it all if you PM me. I'm probably only going to take one partner because I am not that much of a quick poster so yeah. Please expect a slower paced partner (even though sometimes I can be fast).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested. I'll shoot you a PM later just doing this to remind myself. I love apocalypse stuff so I hope we can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.