A message to the boards.

A

Arsenal XA4

Original poster
There has been a problem on Iwaku for a few weeks now. All too often events in the C-Box degenerate into sexual orgies. It wasn't as much of a problem on the old C-Box where we had a channel for it.

But even then things had a tendency to move from there to the general channel, where anyone could see it.

I admit, I was part of the problem. I didn't see it until a brick wall hit me.

A brick wall I thought I had gotten over.

It took a wall banger to realize what we've degenerated into. We are letting sexual tension dictate what happens in the c-box. There's a time and place for everything and the C-Box is not it.

When I came to Iwaku it was strictly roleplaying. We had a mature section but it didn't last very long. When I left on my first deployment then came back we still didn't have such a section. It came and went but more often it went.

Now with a club devoted strictly to smut it seems some of what happens there has started spilling over to the c-box, particularly now that we don't have optional channels to keep what goes on in there separate. I'll admit, I've been part of the problem. I have been an instigator. But I'm willing to change that.

I'm asking that we remember where we're at and what Iwaku is for.

Call me a prude if you want. At least I'll admit that I have a problem.

Thanks Arse for the thread.... Its a issue until we get a NSFW channel again. If a younger person joins iwaku....do we really want them going to the cbox for help and seeing all that? Is that how we want Iwaku to be seen?

I agree and admit to being a part of the problem. I now say this: There is a reason there are IM systems such as Skype and the like. They exist to give a reason to communicate freely. CBox is not that place.

The C-box has always been a general place in my opinion. We've all joked around but never gone crazy with the NSFW, from what I've seen.

If it offends you, look away or take it up with a mod.

When I first came into the cbox all y'all were crawlin' all over each other like gerbils. Needa keep that hot mess in the woodchips, yo.

Site policy rule 3.

The Naughty and the Scandalous!
Iwaku is aimed towards teenagers and young adults. Know that the content and feel is at a general PG-13 rating. (That means content is only viewable for those 13 and older. NOT FOR KIDS!) Cursing is allowed. Sex and related subjects are bound to be discussed in forums and cbox. However, please use decorum and common sense! Not all members are comfortable with this sort of conduct, so respect the wishes of others if they ask for you to tone it down. Note that Iwaku is not a dating service. If you're looking for a "good time", a significant other, etc.; this is not the place.

DECORUM and RESPECT THEIR WISHES IF THEY ASK YOU TO TONE IT DOWN are key phrases.

ATTENDEZ; LE CEBOWX IZ NOT LE BOWX YOUZ STICK LE WILLEH EEN.

ATCHUNG! DONT STICK YOUR DICK IN THE CBOX!

ATTENTION; bugger. i did the sex joke thing didnt I........

Site policy rule 3.

The Naughty and the Scandalous!
Iwaku is aimed towards teenagers and young adults. Know that the content and feel is at a general PG-13 rating. (That means content is only viewable for those 13 and older. NOT FOR KIDS!) Cursing is allowed. Sex and related subjects are bound to be discussed in forums and cbox. However, please use decorum and common sense! Not all members are comfortable with this sort of conduct, so respect the wishes of others if they ask for you to tone it down. Note that Iwaku is not a dating service. If you're looking for a "good time", a significant other, etc.; this is not the place.

DECORUM and RESPECT THEIR WISHES IF THEY ASK YOU TO TONE IT DOWN are key phrases.

This is in the official Iwaku Guide & rules and quoted for truth!

There are times were I too role my eyes at sexual conduct in the cbox, but I CHANGE THE SUBJECT when I feel like a topic is going too far or getting too heated. If more people would do that instead of getting pissy and yelling at people, then there wouldn't be so many awkward moments.

Ignore + Subject Change = Member's Best Friend.

Reactions: 1 person
This has been an issue linked closely to the cbox for as long as we've had it here, from what I can recall.