Status
Not open for further replies.
~Brushes teeth, spits, looks in mirror over shoulder~@@AAAAAHHH!!!

Five minutes past midnight here: So I'm here for tomorrow's (today's) roll call xD
Hey! Don't do that! I'm getting ready for bed, man!!! Outoutoutoutout!!!

;D

Eager beaver yooooouuuu... ^^!! Nice! K so like tomorrow though after more people wake up/ don't sneak up on Boo while she's in bathroom/ check notifications, etc. and respond I'll have a couple of RP related questions/tasks to ask of err'body. It'll be simple doncha worries k!!!^-^!!

• Love
Reactions: Lockheart
Le answering of rollcalls.
I have answered thy call for the roles, I think I am supposed to at least. Scattered from school.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Sushi rolls right back at ya!! :33~~ Yeah~yeah!

Nice so just gonna toss in the fishing line and see what we can't get then^^

@Cait
@Pray4me
@TheTechnoVampire

Hey~hey^^!! Just checking to see if you guys are still working on appies? Just checking before the weekend and before American Happy Eat Turkey Day, cuz I know how hectic it can be k^^ Let us know...!

@Shavynel
@Petricus Euryale
@Akaida Martins
@Periodically Incorrect

Okay so as for the whole task thing... welllllll, it's not that spectacular but aaanyways. While combing through the CHK... Boo intercepted this back and forth messaging between AshenAngel and another prospective RPer!!! Wanna see part of it?!?! Yes, yes you do! Here it is:

"Would they be open to outsiders, skeptical of them, or hostile? AKA, would they ambush the crew mid exploration and capture them, thus triggering my jailbreak plot, or are they more of a have a feast, show off our culture type of people?"

Sooooo... what actual eff is Boo asking you might be asking yourself?! Well, basically what Ashen was asking in the CHK:

What would you like to see during the adventure? What places / flora / fauna / peoples / cultures / would you like to experience / explore / run from in sheer terror? Cuz as long as its not tooooooo wild and out there, then let's hear it.^^ Like I can't guarantee it will be put into the RP, but I'm sure Ashen will at least look it over and hopefully see if it cant work in the RP.

So like Akaida had a bit of sky stuff in their CS that sounded pretty cools. Soooo yeah. What cools stuffs would you like to see as a participant on the Dreamer?! Just do a little write up, like a paragraph or a few and I'll list them out under the roles chart k?!

Thanks ya and Sushi Rolls is done, son. ;DDD

Last edited:
Kind of obvious ones that I think would be perfect for consideration:
1) At some point, presumably not early on, ship on ship combat xD Cannons and boarding parties.
2) The ship being taken over by pirates and the crew have to fight to get free.
3) After something bad of some kind happens, having to land the ship somewhere and collect parts to use for repairing the ship.
4) A chase scene. One ship chasing another through skies. Maybe between mountains and around difficult terrain.
5) Flying/sailing through a storm. Particularly one that messes with their instruments and forces the captain to fly by sight in hazardous terrain and through fog/mist.
6) Some form of siren or mermaid (but an aerial version) that tries to lure the crew to their deaths by enticing them.

Less obvious suggestions that may be worthwhile:
1) Bounty hunters coming after the ship or someone in the crew.
2) Sky serpents or flying whales or something like that leading the ship along some ancestral/spiritual flight path that takes them to safety, as a way to get out of a bad situation or saving them from being lost.
3) Dragons. Dragons! DRAGONS! Dragons vs airship combat!

I'm here and will be working on the CS this weekend~

Here is my one idea for now:

-A sort of "Bermuda Triangle" mystery where the ship enters a specific area connected by three islands where rumors/stories suggest of previous types of ships magically disappearing. Maybe they went to some other alternate universe or a magical land that's hidden.

Once I think of more, I'll be sure to share~

1. FUCK YOUR DRAGONS!
2. Being called upon by the home country/nation to take up arms!
3. Natives.
4. Bring on those water hoes, they'll pry drown me and leave my body in their version of a dumpster.
5. Where be the cool other air-travel variants?
6. C'mon join our convoy~ WE GOT TONS OF CARGO TO DELIVER TO FAR OFF LAND OF SOME DESERT PLACE! THAT IS LIKE ARABIAAAAAAAAAA~
7. Please send some stow-a-ways at one point!
8. Pirates? Everyone wants pirates.
9. Strange and interesting passengers? :O
10. Where be ye olde treasure map?
11. Did I say exotic lands? Don't think I did. EXOTIC LANDS!
12. no basketball
13. BAD LUCK!
14. Not just one bad storm, but many!
15. Taking on new crew members as we go in many shapes and forms!
16. LOOT FOR THE CREW! Like trinkets to be found, and mementos from ancient civilizations.
17. How about an AIRwreck (the jokes will continue) on a deserted tropical island?
18. Cool things.

Yes, I know that was a combination of cliches, cringy things, and some nice stuff. DEAL WIT IT!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
K so like let me show you an example of what the Boo Girlie was thinking up k^^!!

<~~~<★>~~~>

~The Indevines / Flayers~

Near the Black Teeth mountain range, there is an opening with just the right current and space for low flying airships to pass. This pass is a smugglers pass between country borders called the Channel of the Indevines. Yes, it is a perfect place to pass between borders because there are no sentries to spy the pass because of the Indevines.

These are creatures that look like squid from the seas, minus the long two tentacles, and these ones are translucent. They are voracious eaters and will attack their prey like aerial missiles then clasp onto them with their tentacles and flay at their outer bodies, or hull, until they puncture it. Several long, stringy 'tongues' will begin to pull the innards, or crew, from the inside and into the gut of the creature.

The name 'INDEVINE' comes from the pregnant captain who survived the attack and warned others about the pass.

Looters will find great treasure at the valley of the pass, but walking away with their rewards alive... not so much. Smugglers who have made the pass and successfully crossed the borders are hailed as legends in smuggler circles,

<~~~<★>~~~>

Wows! Gots some good ideas going on up in here^^!!

Right but like, ~I can't believe the Boo Girlie is saying this~ but let's slow it down a moment and key in on ideas k?

These are all good plot points but like how about a bit more fleshing out of your top 3 ideas. Like let's take @Pray4me and their idea. They gots a basis of a plot line right? And they've keyed in on some ideas right? Now in a bit they're gonna flesh it out a bit. Like even justa paragraph or two write up of the isles, temperature, dangers maybe, and possible rumours/causes that kinda dealio right?

@Petricus Euryale & @Akaida Martins Boo loves the ideas and enthusiasm but like maybe take your TOP 2 or 3 ideas and flesh them out as locales/points of interest rather than just sub-plot events. Like does that make sense?

~Edz~ No basketball?! WTF?! Naw, bruh! Our crew will be secretly trained to play! And WIN! Go Raps! Yayuh!!! :33

Last edited:
Reactions: Petricus Euryale
Okay, well your looking for more substance in our ideas. That's fine. Let's give it a shot.:

---

After having spent a lot of time sailing in the sky, the Captain decides that crew needs to rest, recover, and take a little time off. It just so happens that they are approaching a mountain village where they can land and resupply. While in the village the crew plan to take their time off as well as stocking up on food, water, ammunition, and fuel (if the ship needs it?). Upon arrival they find out that a bad snow storm has cut the village off from the rest of the world and the only way in or out is by air.

The Captain would offer to assist them by delivering a request for help (since he can fly the airship out) to the village's nearest neighbor. But while the Captain talks with the local government or village leaders, the crew are discovering that something is wrong with the town. Then armed guards lock the airship down and inform everyone that the village is being place under a quarantine. If our illustrious leader takes this route; he could discover that the town was not cut of by snow and actually the village leaders blocked the only path leading down the mountain. This is a part of the quarantine.

So, at first, the crew are unable to go to their ship and seek residence in an inn (or something of the sort). There they hear gossip from the locals about a disease. Spread by a creature/monster of some kind. Since then the creature has been living in a cave further up the mountain where a stream of water comes from. This is the only water supply for the village and many believe that the creature has poisoned it. But the disease does not just spread from contaminated water. It spreads from one person to another.

The crew (or at least the Captain) will have to either get permission from the village leaders to fly up the mountain and kill the creature. Or take their ship back by force and then fly up the mountain to kill the creature. But before they leave the town the infected begin dropping dead. And their bodies burst open, releasing toxic smoke that infects more people. Hysteria and panic spread through the town and riots break out. The crew must avoid the rioters or confront them directly. Either way they need to get to their ship.

Once back on the ship - with or without permission - they would decide whether or not to help the town. If hey don't then they can fly away and the story is pretty much over, other than the possible negative emotions (grief or anger or disappointment or however your characters will fell) that the characters could feel following them on to the next story. If they help the town then they should fly up the mountain and seek out the monster in the cave. It is also possible that during the flight that one of our Biologists could develop some kind of cure (or vaccine for those still alive). At the cave the fighters would kill the monster and the thinkers could introduce the cure into the stream. That way the prevent further contamination and use the same delivery monster to put an end to the disease.

Then they either leave. Or go back to tell the village leaders what they had done. The change would not be immediate. Maybe the village was even burnt to the ground in the riots. But if there are still sane people and a village then they would like to be informed that their disease will pass by and they are safe again.

A small plot twist at the end would be either one of the crew was infected and carries into the next story (which only really matters if they made a vaccine because that means they can't cure the disease). Or, alternatively, one of the crew (would make sense if this was one of the biologists) takes a sample from one of the infected (alive or dead) or even of toxic gas or the monster itself and brings it aboard the ship. While this would not do much. It would mean that they could have an outbreak aboard the ship in a later story. Or use it as a weapon against a future enemy, infecting them and waiting for them to die.

---

I was trying to think less action and more character development. Give the crew a reason to struggle, emotionally and mentally. It forces them into a small environment, presents them with a threat that they can't just punch or shoot (the disease), and leads to them having to form some kind of plan together in order to get out of the village. And it still provides the chance for our more physical (not talking about the type of physical with between Erica and Simon xD ) characters to engage in combat against the creature which spread the disease.

Note: Just in case you don't know, a vaccine or an inoculant or an immunizer prevents or protects against an illness. Where as a cure or antidote removes it. So vaccine can not help those already infected. But it can save the uninfected before they fall ill.

Okay, well your looking for more substance in our ideas. That's fine. Let's give it a shot.:

---

After having spent a lot of time sailing in the sky, the Captain decides that crew needs to rest, recover, and take a little time off. It just so happens that they are approaching a mountain village where they can land and resupply. While in the village the crew plan to take their time off as well as stocking up on food, water, ammunition, and fuel (if the ship needs it?). Upon arrival they find out that a bad snow storm has cut the village off from the rest of the world and the only way in or out is by air.

The Captain would offer to assist them by delivering a request for help (since he can fly the airship out) to the village's nearest neighbor. But while the Captain talks with the local government or village leaders, the crew are discovering that something is wrong with the town. Then armed guards lock the airship down and inform everyone that the village is being place under a quarantine. If our illustrious leader takes this route; he could discover that the town was not cut of by snow and actually the village leaders blocked the only path leading down the mountain. This is a part of the quarantine.

So, at first, the crew are unable to go to their ship and seek residence in an inn (or something of the sort). There they hear gossip from the locals about a disease. Spread by a creature/monster of some kind. Since then the creature has been living in a cave further up the mountain where a stream of water comes from. This is the only water supply for the village and many believe that the creature has poisoned it. But the disease does not just spread from contaminated water. It spreads from one person to another.

The crew (or at least the Captain) will have to either get permission from the village leaders to fly up the mountain and kill the creature. Or take their ship back by force and then fly up the mountain to kill the creature. But before they leave the town the infected begin dropping dead. And their bodies burst open, releasing toxic smoke that infects more people. Hysteria and panic spread through the town and riots break out. The crew must avoid the rioters or confront them directly. Either way they need to get to their ship.

Once back on the ship - with or without permission - they would decide whether or not to help the town. If hey don't then they can fly away and the story is pretty much over, other than the possible negative emotions (grief or anger or disappointment or however your characters will fell) that the characters could feel following them on to the next story. If they help the town then they should fly up the mountain and seek out the monster in the cave. It is also possible that during the flight that one of our Biologists could develop some kind of cure (or vaccine for those still alive). At the cave the fighters would kill the monster and the thinkers could introduce the cure into the stream. That way the prevent further contamination and use the same delivery monster to put an end to the disease.

Then they either leave. Or go back to tell the village leaders what they had done. The change would not be immediate. Maybe the village was even burnt to the ground in the riots. But if there are still sane people and a village then they would like to be informed that their disease will pass by and they are safe again.

A small plot twist at the end would be either one of the crew was infected and carries into the next story (which only really matters if they made a vaccine because that means they can't cure the disease). Or, alternatively, one of the crew (would make sense if this was one of the biologists) takes a sample from one of the infected (alive or dead) or even of toxic gas or the monster itself and brings it aboard the ship. While this would not do much. It would mean that they could have an outbreak aboard the ship in a later story. Or use it as a weapon against a future enemy, infecting them and waiting for them to die.

---

I was trying to think less action and more character development. Give the crew a reason to struggle, emotionally and mentally. It forces them into a small environment, presents them with a threat that they can't just punch or shoot (the disease), and leads to them having to form some kind of plan together in order to get out of the village. And it still provides the chance for our more physical (not talking about the type of physical with between Erica and Simon xD ) characters to engage in combat against the creature which spread the disease.

Note: Just in case you don't know, a vaccine or an inoculant or an immunizer prevents or protects against an illness. Where as a cure or antidote removes it. So vaccine can not help those already infected. But it can save the uninfected before they fall ill.

Ummmm.... sorry but no. Just no. NO.

You just can't k? I'mma have to ask you to re-write this. Please.

No one is allowed to write up anything better than Boo's sample k? Not allowed to submit anything amazingly amazing anymore.

;PPP~~

Wows!!! WowowowowowoW!! Loves it. Like wows. ❤❤❤ That's right yayuh!!^^!! Gunna post under the chart in a bit.

ANyone else gots something... welp go on and gets all awesomes-like on it!! ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Lockheart
T8Tgcje.jpg

Name: Soren Vilhjalmsson
Species: Human
Role: Chef

Personality:
A meek, soft-spoken young man who has many things to say, but is not loud enough to speak them. Many look past Soren, seeing him as insignificant in a way, and only communicating with him if there's a need. Soren accepted this about him, but craves just a bit of attention that everyone else gets.

Many describe Soren as a rabbit, a flighty, cute creature you want to snuggle only once in your life. Rabbits are few people's favorite animals. Soren's only hope to attracting friendship and companionship are the few who love rabbits.

Soren rarely argues back or gets mad. Instead, he opts to leave and wait for the situation to pass no matter how long he takes. He's an intelligent man who always has something to say when it comes to issues and problems and always attempts to voice his opinion.

Skills:

-Culinary: Knife skills (able to efficiently and precisely cut a variety of foods into different size pieces), professional cooking and baking (specializing in large productions of food to feed the crew for days), preserving and drying food for emergencies
-Professional butcher
-Able to exactly pinpoint the weight of anything in his hands or arms correctly or by sight
-Able to gauge the temperature purely by feel
-Follow any recipe that involves foods/herbs given to him
-Create medicinal concoctions from any recipe given to him by a doctor
-Fisherman/trapper

Strengths:

-Strong sense of taste
-Quick witted
-Calm under pressure
-Quick hands thanks to his knife skills
-Strong decision making
-Sense when things are about to go wrong

Weaknesses:

-No combat skills
-Nervous/unsure/scared of new situations
-Painfully shy in large groups of people
-Envious/jealous
-Feels extremely guilty hurting/killing animals for food (tries to make others do it for him)

@Pray4me Oooohhh!! Awesomes!!^^!!

K, I'mma update the chart! We gots a cook and herbalist type now^^

Hmmmmm....I may throw in a character or two....But I do have to ask. What is the state of the weaponry in this world? Like, musket level or something else?

Hmmmmm....I may throw in a character or two....But I do have to ask. What is the state of the weaponry in this world? Like, musket level or something else?
Hey~hey^^

K so like we have to wait for the GM for the final answer on that. But what we're going on is that it is at a Victorian level of steam/clockwork tech. But like so yeah, let's go with single shot muskets for now. But like that being said, I guess if you'd like you can go the inventive route and come up with some cools stuffs k? But like just know that when AshenAngel gets back you may have to adjust your charrie sheet accordingly.

So with that in mind, and you can deal with edits and like even some idea rejection, go on and drop off an appie!!^^!!

But k so like check out ~~~> this handy dandy chart <~~~to see which roles are still available ;DD

Where does everyone find their nice pictures? T.T I can't find anything anywhere! D:

0whaler_by_deaththebunny-d6to682.jpg
Appearance without mask: Karl's skin is slightly pale, a narrow jaw with slightly defined cheekbones. His eyes are greyish in color, and he always shaved his head and face. But, his most infamous feature is the massive burn scar running over his left eye and along the left side of his head. On the same side, there is obvious scars caused by shrapnel. How he got these scars is unknown, as he never tells anyone how he got them.
Name: Karl Tanner
Species: Human
Role: Scout
Personality: Karl is typically quiet. Rarely speaking and will sometimes just nod or make a gesture. Though in an important situation, Karl will talk. Just, really awkwardly. He also dislikes being the center of attention, or being seen without a mask obscuring his face. He is also somewhat friendly, helping out the best he can. But one of his most evident traits. He is very loyal to the ones he calls friends. Even willing to take a bullet for them. He shows a great passion for riddles, books and puzzles. Claiming that they're extremely helpful in maintaining the mind. Karl does also have a strange fear of oceanic bodies and dogs.
Skills:
-Lock picking
-Expert Swordsman
-Decent shot
-Exceptional skill in stealth
-Decent chemist
-Amazing skill in Reconnaissance
Strengths:
-Extremely intelligent
-Loyal
-Quick thinker/learner
-Resilient
Weaknesses:
-Paranoid
-Thalassophobia [A fear of the ocean.] And Cynophobia [Fear of Dogs]
-Too analytical

I do hope this is alright.​

@Cait Pictures are literally the hardest for me. xD I think Ashen is cool with a written description. What I did this time was google around for things like "steampunk doctor" and "steampunk scientist" and kind of wandered around the internets till I found something I liked. Probably took me like 75% of the time it took me to actually put together the bio. >_> Good luck xD And really, all y'all others ... how do you search for your pictures? ^_^

• Thank You
Reactions: Shambles
@Cait Same, all I did was google "steampunk woman art". I specified the "art" part because I thought we were all using artwork instead of real or overly anime looking xD

• Thank You
Reactions: Shambles
Status
Not open for further replies.