2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
  3. Futanari
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
So essentially, I was inspired by things like Avatar (the bald kid one, not the blue alien one), Fullmetal Alchemist, Fairy Tail, and many other magical shows/games/etc. and I decided to try making some setting like that. What I created was the continent of Maegos, where different sorts of people and magic exist, and there are many possibilities for what can happen. Right now I don't exactly have an idea for a story. I did start writing a novel set in Maegos that focuses on an item known as the Wish Gem, which has incredible, wish-granting powers (thus the name) but the roleplay could focus on something else entirely.

Here is a whole 10 page document describing the world (which I still feel isn't really exhaustive, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask) but the TL;DR is, there are basically people with animal features (think catgirls more than furries), known as the Animae, they had a war long ago with humans, and the mainland was split into two countries that are at peace, but don't trust each other, the magic is based on storing and absorbing energy and not everyone has it, and there are also demons who bring chaos and such into the world, but their land is away from the main continent and they only sometimes come to the mainland.

The RP is focused on magic, but there is place for non-mage characters too, though they will definitely be a bit harder to play, given that they don't have any powers. They might be more interesting to play though, I think. I mean, they won't be able to make sick lightnings, summon shields, heal or anything like that, but regular fighters do also exist. They can also have magical gear, though they'd have to get it from mages.

This thread is basically to see if anyone is even up for something like that, which is probably why it's so chaotic and vague, but I promise, the actual RP will be of better quality, I just don't want to restate things already in the PDF flie. If you have any ideas for a character already, or any story you think would be cool in such a setting, I encourage you to say it here, it'll definitely help me narrow down where I want to go with this.

I was thinking a magic academy RP but that would narrow down character choices a lot unless modified a bit, though it is an idea I'm putting on the table anyway. The team dynamic would certainly be interesting, and everyone being students would ensure nobody is too OP. I dunno. Maybe in a bit modified setting, like, a century more into the future of the continent, so that Animae are more commonly accepted in the Kingdom of Man, this could work? The document is mostly about the novel setting, so modifications to suit the RP are possible, so let me know what you think.

As I'm saying, just throwing the idea out there, feedback welcome, and that'd be about it for this, I guess. Even if you're not gonna join, I'd still be very grateful for any feedback on what you didn't like, or what you'd change, I know it's still not a very fleshed out idea. Anyway, I'm rambling, I'm gonna shut up now and let you guys say what you think :D

Last edited:
Interested

Alright, glad to see it's picked up at least some traction :D

I had another idea pop up besides the magic academy, and that is going on an expedition to find one of the major artifacts, that would maybe give greater possibilities in terms of character selection and locations, but I wanna know what you guys think. Would you rather have it be a magic academy RP, an expedition, or something else entirely?

Interested!

You can always mix both and have them start up at an academy and have them chosen so they have somewhere to start with or without previous connections to one another.

Yeah, I guess, though if Animae were to be at an academy in the first place, I'd need to modify it so that it's much later after the war, otherwise they'd probably have no chance at being there, whereas if we're doing the expedition plot, you can have a random guy have a clue, grab some other random people, pay them to come with him, and completely not care who's who.

The combination of the two doesn't sound like a bad idea though... I'll have to think hard about it.

Interested

We'll this is just perfect.