A Love Not Forgotten

"Uh yeah, it's kind of weird how we just... stopped being friends one day. By the way, why did you tell me we couldn't hang out? I never did figure it out." He looked at her nervously. She waited. She held her breath, her stomach tensing. She was scared. Scared that he was going to say something that would interfere with her relationship with Ian. She waited.

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously "Look Jade, I know you have feelings for Ian and I get that and I'm happy for you. But the reason I didn't think we could be friends or hangout is because I had feelings for you. And I'm sorry for the years of not being there for you when you needed it. I know there can't be anything between us so Im more than happy if you want to be just friends." He said a little sadly, he still liked her a lot but how could he admit that to her without making himself look like a fool?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
OOC: sorry for not updating sooner I was busy. =p

"Look," Jade said, placing her arm on his shoulder. "I know that something is bothering you. You can tell me anything. Just tell me what it is." Now she leaned her head on his shoulder. It felt good to finally be sitting next to him after all these years. She hadn't known what she had let slip out of her fingers 5 years ago. He was something she never wanted to lose. She just wished she had realized how much their friendship had meant to het earlier.

He sighed and said "Jade I still like you, alot. But I dont want to cause any trouble for you and that guy. Ian is it? Anyways thats why we couldn't be friends but I so regret it. I really hope this doesnt ruin anything for you. In the end I just want you to be happy." He said resting his head on top of hers.

She leaned in and kissed him hard. She didn't even feel bad. Sure, she was in a relationship, but there isn't anything wrong with kissing someone because they are the sweetest person you have ever met. She held his face. She was in love with him and Ian. She didn't know what to do, but all she needed to do was be with Brody. Thinking about it, she didn't know if she even liked Ian because he was sweet or kind or nice. Maybe she only liked him because he was cute, and he had given her a rose on his first day. She knew Brody like she knew the back of her hand. He was part of her. She pulled away. "Why did you do that?" he asked. "Because I want you to be happy, she answered.

When she kissed him he was surprised and didn't know what to do. It took him to realize he should kiss back so thats what he did. He enjoyed it very much and when she pulled away he smiled "Why did you do that?" When she said "I just wanted.you to be happy." It made his heart skip a beat, it did make him happy. "I hope this doesnt ruin anything for you an Ian. Like I said AI would gladly accept being your friend. I'd rather you be my friend and not my girlfriend over not being in my life at all." He said reaching over to hold her hand.

Jade almost died. "Listen. Sure, we kissed a few times, but that doesn't mean that Ian and I are boyfriend and girlfriend. He hasn't even officially asked me to be his girlfriend. I think he thinks I'm the same girl I was when he left. That was 6 years ago. And even you know that is wrong. Look, more and more now I'm realizing that I want to be with you more than anything. And I love you so much. Will you be my boyfriend?" He said yes. They kissed, and when they were done a voice behind them spoke. "So I guess we're done." it was Ian. Jade froze.

When she asked if he would be her boyfriend he almost died of happiness. If he would have dropped dead right there he would have been perfectly happy. When he accepted they kissed, it was long and sweet and he loved the taste of her lips. Finally their lips parted and a voice said "So I guess we're done?" He knew it was Ian so when he looked to face him he said "She wasn't yours to begin with, so yeah its over." He said holding her closer.

Ian left in a huff. Jade wasn't even upset. She felt like she should have been, but she had her favorite person in the world right here next to her. They couldn't kiss enough, even if they tried. It felt so good, and besides, they had like 5 years of catching up to do, and this was a lot easier then telling eachother all the stuff that was new in their lives.she leaned in. "I always have and always will love you and then she leaned into him and cried. "I am so sorry. I wasn't there for you all this time. I have always been in love with you. I just... I just didn't have the guts to admit it to you or myself. I'm so sorry." He ran his fingers through her hair, which felt so good. She looked up. "Will you marry me? I mean, when you're ready?"

He pulled her onto his lap when she began to cry. He rubbed her back softly and ran his hand through her hair, trying to calm her down "Thats how I felt, all those times you had guy problems all I wanted to do was beat the shot out of them. Every time a girl made fun of you I wanted to fall them skanks because they were jealous." He paused and sighed happily "And I love you too, and when Im ready I will decide to five you a ring but thats for me to know and you to find out
" he said with a smirk.

As Jade's heart was about to burst out of her chest, the bell rang signifying the end of their free period. She didn't know what to do. Her life was completely different now. Brody wasn't like any boyfriend she had ever had. He was her best friend. He was the one she wanted. He was the one she thought about when she was trying to fall asleep. Yet it wasn't until now that she realized that they had been in love with eachother way back in 4th grade, and she hadnt even known. It was The Love Not Forgotten.

When the bell ran he leaned in to give her a long meaningful kiss before he had left to go to his class her her to go to hers. He had the biggest smile on his face. What people didn't know was he just started to date the girl he had been madly in live with since he was a kid. It was like a dream come true. At some point he expected to wake up like he was in a dream, but he didn't.it was reality and thats what made him smile more.

School went by quickly after her encounter with the love of her life. She went home on the school bus like normal, and when she reached her house, she wanted to go inside and tell everyone the news. The one person she do not want to tell the news to was Jay, who was standing on her front porch. "I love you," he said. Jade exploded. "THAT'S JUST IT! EVERYONE LOVES ME BUT NO ONE MEANS IT EXCEPT FOR BRODY! WHY ARE YOU SUCH A LIAR I HATE YOU LEAVE NEVER COME BACK GO AND GET MARRIED TO STEHANIE! SEE IF I CARE! YOU DON'T LOVE ME YOU JUST DON'T LIKE THAT I HAVE MOVED ON FROM YOU! YOU ARE SO SELF CENTERED AND YOU THINK EVERYONE SHOULD BE SO CONCERNED ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME WHEN REALLY, NO ONE LIKES YOU! SORRY, BUT EVEN YOU KNOW THAT IT IS TRUE. IF YOU REALLY LOVED ME, WE WOULD STILL BE TOGETHER. IF IAN REALLY LOVED ME, WE WOULD STILL BE TOGEHT, BUT UNFORTUNATELY FOR THE TWO OF YOU I CAN TELL WHEN SOMEONE IS A PHONY. LUCKY FOR BRODY, I CAN TELL WHEN SOMEONE IS REAL. I CAN TELL WHEN THEY WANT TO BE WITH ME FOREVER, OR WHEN THEY KISS ME BECAUSE THEY MEAN IT NOT BECAUSE THEY JUST WANT TO DO IT FOR THE SAKE OF KISSING. I KNOW THAT YOU WOULD TREAT ME HORRIBLY IF I CAME BACK TO YOU. I DON'T EVER WANT TO TALK TO YOU AGAIN. YOU ARE A JERK THINKING YOU CAN COME RUNNING BACK TO ME WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT BECAUSE THAT ISN'T THE WAY IT WORKS. LEAVE. GO HOME AND CRY AND I WILL STAY HERE AND NOT FEEL BAD FOR YOU, BECAUSE GUESS WHAT? YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE. YOU JUST DIDN'T TAKE IT."

Brody had drove of after school, he decided to do something nice and would buy Jade flowers. He ran by a store and bought a bouquet of white roses, her favorite flower. When he got them he drove to her house. He already knew where she lived from being there all the time when they were little. When he got there he pulled into the driveway and saw her yelling at a guy who looked like Jay. No. The guy who was Jay. He grabbed the flowers and got out walking over to the two and glared and Jay "Why the hell are you here?"

OOC: ( I guess I'll be Jay now =p )

Jay looked the guy standing in front of him over. "Not bad," he told Jade, assuming that this was Brody, her precious love. "If you will excuse us," he told her. She headed inside, leaving the two of them alone. "Look man, she is crazy about you. I mean, she would probably marry you on the spot if you asked her. You're a lucky guy."

Brody was a little surprised he had thought Jay would have yelled at him but it was the exact opposite so he smiled "Thanks man, She really means a lot and I can promise I'll treat her right."

"No," Jay started. "I mean, you'r lucky that you lied to her well enough that she believed you actually like her. If she knew she would rip your head off. She gets like that sometimes."

Brody took a minute to look at him "Wait, so you think I dont actually like her? Why dont you get the hell out of here before my fist rams into your face." He said while his voice got louder.

"Jade!" Jay called for back up. "Brody here is threatening me!" Jade came out. She looked at the situaton is focus. "Who do you think I would believe more," she said. "My ex, or my current boyfriend?" Jay punched her. She fell to the ground, blood dripping from her nose. Brody didn't know what to do now. He didn't want to make any sudden provoking movs.

Brody filled with anger he grabbed Jay by the shirt and slammed him against the wall "Who the fuck do you think you are?!" He yelled right into.his face. He cocked his hand back into a fist like he was about to punch him. And he knew.if.he started then he wouldn't atop.