A Look at Valentine's

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Kitti, Feb 7, 2013.

1. [size=+1][​IMG]

Do you celebrate, or would you celebrate if you had someone to celebrate with?

What is your idea of an ideal Valentine's Day? (Even if you don't celebrate it).

Is there something that you think you could/would do to make the holiday better for everyone?

Or do you perhaps celebrate a holiday similar to Valentine's, but not quite the same?
    [/size]​

2. I celebrate with my current girlfriend. We go out to eat and just hang around the house and do cute things for one another. I think the ideal V day for me would be going to Olive Garden, watching some corny movies, or comedies, and then spending a lot of time with our friends before going out to ice-cream. Something I think would make the holiday better for everyone would be sensitivity. I think as a couple we should watch out for people who are not a couple, and make sure we aren’t flaunting whatever our partner does for us.I celebrate with my current girlfriend. We go out to eat and just hang around the house and do cute things for one another. I think the ideal V day for me would be going to Olive Garden, watching some corny movies, or comedies, and then spending a lot of time with our friends before going out to ice-cream. Something I think would make the holiday better for everyone would be sensitivity. I think as a couple we should watch out for people who are not a couple, and make sure we aren’t flaunting whatever our partner does for us.

3. I have a yearly tradition of 24 hour banning anyone that I catch complaining about Valentine's day. 8D I find the fact people bitch about it, and their reasons to be ridiculous, and the fact they have to ruin the day for everyone else always makes me mad. >>; ALL holidays are over-advertised corporate shams, the only reason they complain about THIS one is cause they are sad and lonely.

As for our traditions... other than buying some of the conversation hearts and the biggest box of mixed chocolates I can find, we never do anything special. XD And that is fine by me. We never plan to do couple things for holidays. I think it's cause we're cheap and we forget what day it is. o_____o

MY PERFECT VALENTINE'S DAY? Um... hmm... No vday haters to deal with, pretty flowers and chocolate, and a really awesome movie at home with popcorn and snacks!

4. Yes because I think it's cute to have a holiday for love. Me and my boyfriend celebrated it for the first time last year and he gave me roses and chocolates. XD This year I think we're just gonna have chocolates, a home made meal and perhaps a movie.

5. This year, we've decided to have our date before or after the day of Valentine's. That way, the restaurant we go to won't be crowded as fuck and we can spend the 14th just being lazy and enjoying each others company. :3 (However, the morning of Vday I get to be screened for group B strep... Thanks a ton, midwife. .___.) We'll probably see a movie and go to an Italian restaurant.

On the day of, we'll exchange gifts and I'll probably cook a delicious meal and dessert for us. >:3 I imagine we'll make all this our traditions. Last year on our first heart's day together, we were broke so we just lazed at home. Now we can finally make something of it.

6. Diana i share your hatred for V-day haters. so much! I'm glad to see this tradition 'lasting' xD xD. it's gotta suck for anyone who get's 'caught though.

7. i've always had school or had to work for V-day. My boyfriends in the past would get me flowers and/or a small gift of course, but I've never had any specific traditions. I'd love to spend the day with someone I really care about and just make it a day to relax...or at least relax after work since I have to work. Still being able to come home from work and just spend the evening with someone I care about/love would be nice. Even if it's just curling up on the couch and watching TV or a movie.

8. I do like Valentine's day, but I don't really celebrate it in the sense of having a valentine. I do like to give valentine's cards to friends and family sometimes, though. And sometimes sweets. I've made a plan to find a valentine's card with my friend/brother's favorite character from his obsession on Tumblr, and use it to give him something :3 I know he'll love it. As for my dad...I'll likely hand-make one. I tend to prefer hand-making my cards in general, but...For my bro, it's different this year~ Since I can't draw a character like that to save my life most likely o.o; Might try though~

But...Hrm...I think my ideal valentine's day would vary a bit, depending on who I'm celebrating it with. If it's by myself, I might just get some chocolates to eat and watch sappy movies...Or RP more love stuff than usual. If it's with friends/family...Probably still the candy, but we'd probably sorta just hang out. If I had a lover...I'd like to do something romantic one day with someone, like going for a picnic~ But...Until that day comes...It's mostly sweets and cards based for me.

9. I AM SINGLE AND I LOVE VALENTINES DAY!

Then again I get pissy at people that think their self worth is measured by if they're being fucked. Love is great, relationships are great, I don't want to hear your pity party about being single the rest of the year, why do you think I want to hear it on a day devoted to happiness.

I work on Valentine's in the floral shop at my grocery store. It's a lot of work, but also a lot of fun because for the most part people are enjoying buying and giving gifts. It's cute when you get people in new relationships trying to figure out the right color, people in ling standing relationships trying to "change it up" and still be "traditional" and people that just glow in all the merry making.

That night, I will get home exhausted, take a shower, pour myself a drink, and relax feeling the after glow of a well worked day.

10. I am single yeahhhh :DDD I don't really have anyone to celebrate with ;-;

I'd celebrate valentines day by doodling stuff and probably giving chocolates to my friends at random. And maybe pranking people with fake v day cards xD (I must be evil.... D:)

Ideal V day? :O hmm...if I had a date, I hope he'll bring me to the park and we'll sit down on a bench and chat and he'll give me candy and stuff :3 if it's not, then...probably suffer in school. HAHAHA EVIL TEACHERS D':

And I would make v day a better day by buying tons of Ferraro Rocher (a kind of chocolate :3 ) and giving one to everyone in school! :D EVERYONE LOVES FERRARO ROCHER!