A Little Something More

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A sandwich?" That was tempting, and it was impossible to hide the hopeful expression on her face. One sandwich and she was apparently ready to follow him anywhere. Cassie still didn't trust him, but she couldn't remember the last time she had a real meal that wasn't a packet of ramen.

"So you're not in a gang, you just rescue girls for a living. You're weird. But I want a sandwich."

"you seem to not think very positive about me" he pouted and stood up. "let's get you a sandwich then. Oh and my job is saving kittens, not girls" he teased her. He wanted to lighten the mood a bit, because she clearly needed it. She seemed to start glowing with the idea of a sandwich, which made him wonder...

"You're strange and I don't trust you." Cassie was not afraid to speak her mind, at least, even when faced with someone she was a little afraid of. Once he was off her, she scrambled to her feet. For a split second it looked like she was about to bolt away and make her escape. But she settled, too lured by the promise of food to run.

Cassie rubbed one of her arms, keeping a safe distance from him, but waiting for him to lead the way. She eyed him curiously, as if trying to figure out what his angle was. Finally she asked outright. "Why ARE you trying to be helpful with some stranger you don't know?"

He looked at her, she was straight forward, that much was true. "I am strange, I give you that, but you can trust me. But I can't force it on you" he started walking and thought she was gonna run for it, but happily she didn't.

He gave her the right to keep his distance, he knew how he looked. "I said before, I believe that people should take care after one another." he bit his lip

"Because you're a superhero. Piercing-man, or something dumb." it wasn't clear if she were being sarcastic or if she were actually starting to believe it was true. But she walked alongside him, with her arms wrapped around herself. Now that she wasn't burning with the desire to fling herself to her doom, it was starting to feel chilly out. And worse because she didn't have her shoes after recklessly throwing them off the bridge in a fit of suicidal rage.

"I don't trust anybody." she muttered. "Everybody always wants something. Even the nice people want something from you. You're probably going to feed me and then tell me I need Jesus. Or sneak me in to another mental institution."

"So, you think I'm in a gang, but also going to tell you to put your trust in God?" He chuckled. "Sounds legit" He looked at her and saw that she was cold, but he didn't have anything but a shirt, and he was not taking that off. "I can understand that you don't trust people, like you say people always want something in return, but not me." He shook his head. "Or maybe I do want something from you, I want you to become happy. Is that wanting something from you, or for you? Probably the last one" He shrugged and opened the door to a small sandwich shop, the warmth welcoming them. "And I want you to eat something, you look like you haven't in days"

"You talk like you're in a gang. Or in a cult. Probably a cult since you're so obsessed with happiness." Warmth and the wonderful smell of food practically slapped her in the face when they stepped inside the sandwich shop. Her stomach was already growling in anticipation, reminding her of that hollow ache she'd been ignoring for the past day or so. He was pretty spot on about her not eating, but instead of admitting it, Cassie just have a haughty tilt of her head.

"What does it matter if I have eaten or haven't anyway?" Cassie slid in to a booth, sitting on the seat cross legged as she snatched up a menu and gave it a quick look over. It took her all of three seconds to find what she wanted, plant the menu down on the table and then point at it. "That. I want that. Two of them! And a soda and chips and cookies."

He nodded at the cult story, as if he was admitting he was in one, which he was not. He listened gobsmacked to what she wanted to eat and he wanted to lecture her about that his money didn't grow on the trees, but he decided against it. She was hungry and he had the money to pay for it. He stood up and took the orders, the girl behind it seeming a bit surprised with the fact that it was just for two people. He himself took a grilled chicken sandwich and a coke. Sam walked back and sat down in front of her again, watching her. She was probably going to eat his food and then run off or something. "Is this all the clothes that you own" He made a hand gesture towards her.

"No." she stressed the word a little too quickly, shifting in her seat uncomfortably and not meeting his eyes. At least until that haughty expression returned to her face, and she was back to talk to him like HE was the one that was crazy.

"Of course I have more clothes. Jeeze. I can't go to school or work wearing the same clothes everyday..." Granted she didn't ave a lot of clothes. And everything she owned was presently stuffed in a backpack hidden in an abandoned bus out in the junk yard, but she wasn't going to tell him any of that. Cassie still wasn't sure if this whole thing was ruse or not.

"Do YOU have any more clothes or do you always dress like a street hooligan?"

"you're so kind" he chuckled and took a bite of his sandwich. "no, actually. I like wearing this but I don't wear it all the time" yes he did, he did like 99% of the time. He felt like himself when he did and he didn't like it being pointed out to him. He just wanted people to stop judging so much on his piercing and tattoo.

Cassie squinted her eyes at him. She couldn't tell if he was being truthful or not, but she supposed it didn't really matter in the long run. Once he was done with his "good deed" of the day, he was going to forget all about her and go live his super hero life elsewhere.

With food planted right in front of her, Cassie ate like a ravenous wolf. Bites so big they barely fit in her mouth for chewing, IF she was even chewing. Even while scaring hers down, she was eyeballing his like she was preparing to snatch it too.

"So walh du yoo wan?" her words slurred with all the food she was trying to chew. "For reals?"

He rolled his eyes and started eating too. "stop asking that it's super annoying" he really didn't want anything, hadn't that been clear. "we're going to my place after this and you are going to sleep on my bed. You look like you could use that" he was ordering this. Asking wouldn't work with this girl

"You're bossy." she complained. Cassie even looked a little bit unsettled, but she didn't out right refuse his latest order. "My name is Cassie. And I don't know who you are, so I'm going to ask lots of questions and stuff, and you're just going to have to deal with it."

She seemed to feel much better after that statement. Now that she somehow devoured all of her food in record time and was currently sipping her drink while giving him a strange squinty eyed look, she looked very much like a mischievous devil plotting something wicked.

"Is it a NICE bed? A rich guy's bed, I bet. I don't sleep around, so don't go asking for any sex!"

"it's a pretty nice bed, large too" he said and chuckled "well I don't sleep around either so that's settled" he used time to do that though. "my name is Sam, nice to meet you Cassie, but I don't think it's the same the other way around." he joked and sipped his coke "okay, let's go if you're ready"

This was all probably a bad idea. Cassie knew this. She didn't have to leave with him, and if she wanted she could scream for help or something. But there was a very large part of her that was incredibly curious, while another tiny part of her was tempting her to take advantage of him somehow.

She finally just nodded and slid out of her seat, letting him lead the way to where ever they were going and keeping a pretty close distance to him.

"So where are we going? A big house? An apartment? A mental institution? Don't try to pull that one on me, I have been to one of those before."

Sam knew she was anxious about leaving with him and he gave her every right to be. He would be too if he was in her shoes, but he wanted to give her every reason not to be. He shrugged at the question "It's an apartment but pretty big for one person" He smiled at her and lead the way towards the center of the city they both lived in. He opened the door to a big apartment block and held the door open for her. "Milady"

Cassie was doing a really good job of hiding the fact she was nervous and suspicious. Well, maybe not the suspicious part. THAT was pretty obvious. She stepped inside of the apartment glancing around, trying to get a feel for who he was just by the look of his place.

"Why do you have such a big place if it's just for you?" she asked, vaguely wondering how many things she could steel and if that would even be a good idea. Cassie wasn't a thief, but thing were getting a bit desperate lately.

He shrugged. "I have a lot of stuff" He could see the glint in her eyes as see looked at the amount of electrics he had, which was a lot. "I just make money and I don't know what to do with it really" Was that a good thing to say towards someone he had just rescued from the streets? Probably not. And it wasn't really rescuing either, more like forcing to not die. He smiled at her and walked towards his kitchen, grabbing something for both of them to drink. "You can use the shower if you want" He said and looked at her. He felt so weird about this whole situation, working so hard to get her approval. Why would he want it anyway? He never cared about approval, not even from his mother... But here this girl was hating him.

"Shower?" that sparked her interest. She seemed to realize she looked too interested, and tried to play it off as cool. "So you can try to get a peek at me naked, I bet." Even with saying it, Cassie was already wandering around to explore. She opened up every door she could find just to take a peek inside.

"You live by yourself and you keeps things too neat. Do you even actually live here, or have you stolen this place from rich people on vacation?" she said loudly to make sure he could hear her. When she found the master bathroom she began going through the toiletries on a shelf. A shower sounded good, maybe his stuff didn't smell too bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.