A little fantasy 1x1 search.

M

moocow

Original poster
I'll be playing as an amateur monster hunter. Your character can be whatever you want it to be.

We're holed up in an abandoned shack until the snowstorm outside dies down. Even if you could survive the freezing temperatures outside, it's miles away from the nearest settlement. We could start the roleplay with either one of us inhabiting the shack first (I have no preference on this but if you don't care either, I'll just start the roleplay with my character being the first one in the shack. You can stumble across while I'm getting situated. This is basically whoever wants to make the first post). From then on we can like figure out why our characters need to stick together, what's happening in the world, if they're on the run, blah blah blah.

Unlike a lot of fantasy settings, I'm upping the tech level to around flintlock style guns (I'm no historian but please keep the equipment to around here... no like AK-47s or anything). Seeing how my character is a monster hunter, there will also be various supernatural elements in this roleplay. Magic, monsters (duh), witches, warlocks, etc. All fine with me. However, I kinda like a more soft magic compared to shooting fire out of palms and stuff like that. I'd like to reserve that kind of magic to like more "mythical" level characters, if at all. Like if someone could summon firestorms and such they'd be pretty famous kinda deal.

Make up names and settlements and NPCs and cultures and whatever as you wish. Just try to make them a little coherent with each other! I don't really want a town named Redwood right next to one called Konohagakure or whatever lol. I'm a lot more into western aesthetics right now but I'm fine with matching aesthetics to whatever you want. Basically I don't really care too much about independent worldbuilding so long as it doesn't clash with everything else we have going on. Oh and I don't care about mini-godmodding. Say if your character wants to poke my cheek, you don't need to ask me permission to do that. Just don't kill them without my input.

I don't do character sheets unless you really, really, really, really want me to. And even then I'm not a fan of filling out stuff like background or personality. I feel like those should be revealed through the roleplay itself. I guess a quick appearance run down (if I'm not using a picture) is fine. Oh, but if you want to have like a shared history, I'm down to make stuff up like that.

I don't have post limits or whatever. Just as long as you give me something to respond to (don't just restate my post, I want you to add a little something of your own). So like yeah I'm totally cool with you moving the story and stuff. You can play as NPCs, I can play as NPCs, blah blah blah. Oh and I don't care about pairings. If you need romance to be interested I guess I could play a secondary (more of an NPC) character for you. If you want romance with my character that's cool but I don't really wanna jump into kisses right off the bat or anything like that. Oh and I'm cool with slower replies. If you don't reply in like idk, two weeks or something then I'll just assume you've dropped the RP. That's fine with me.

If this doesn't really interest you I have another setting in mind about space travel and stuff. I like more slice-of-life kinda plots where we can just do our own thing. In the space or sci-fi themed one I'd play either a stir-crazy pilot or a broken android. But more on that later, I'm super stoked to do some fantasy right now. If you're interested just post or PM me or somethin. And yeah even if I don't seem like interested to talk more about details and stuff I'm super down to discuss the nitty gritty if you want to in PMs. Anyway, yeah. Hope to roleplay with someone soon!

Would you be interested in fulfilling that plot in this setting? Magic exists but isn't upscaled like you've mentioned. Given the situation you've described I'd say we could start in the Harshlands of Valhalla or an uninhabited section of Mora Fane, but we should agree neither can play as Espers or Berserkers (both races would have no issue traversing the landscape you've described.)

Would you be interested in fulfilling that plot in this setting? Magic exists but isn't upscaled like you've mentioned. Given the situation you've described I'd say we could start in the Harshlands of Valhalla or an uninhabited section of Mora Fane, but we should agree neither can play as Espers or Berserkers (both races would have no issue traversing the landscape you've described.)

woaaah that's a lot of lore! I'll have to read up on it first! I'll get back to you in a PM. Also, I'm probably not going to take any more partners after this for now for any other lurkers out there.