A little family reunion (Modern, Family, Drama, Friendship)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PunkPrince

Original poster
My idea is that you would play Kenny's father and his children from a different relationship, none of whom Kenny has ever met. They've run out of money and Kenny's maternal grandmother is allowing them to come stay with them because she knows Kenny's mother would have wanted it, and drama ensues. I was thinking that there could be three kids, two around Kenny's age (16-18.) and one younger (I have other characters that'll come in at various points, so you won't be doing all the work). I was thinking that one of the older kids would really like Kenny and think he's interesting and the other really doesn't like him for various reasons and is embarrassed to be around him. The dad is kind of confused about Kenny's doing drag and kind of tries to get him to stop seeing his friends and pushes him toward other activities so he'll stop, and the younger kid's feelings are up to you. I don't really have a plot aside from that, we can make one up as we go. Any takers?

My requirements:

-Please don't join the RP, and then drop it right in the middle. It bugs me when people only post once, or post a few times and then just leave.
-Please be literate. At least four paragraphs per post with good spelling and grammar. I can make exceptions at times. This is a big thing for me. I get annoyed when people can't do this. I don't mind a few screw ups, but if you 'typ LIek diss' and don't use decent capitalization and punctuation I'll most likely drop the thread. If you can't think of what to reply with, owl me and I can add a bit more.
-Be active PLEASE. I'm online most every day. I haven't RPed in a while due to real life issues, and I understand you might need to drop. If you do please message me first. I've RPed with people who have completely just disappeared.

My characters:

Kenneth "Kenny" Haruhi
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
bfcfcce286c05f9471a5552318955e71_bCi97bjRWuTDL1AaB.jpg

7315917_orig.jpg

manila_luzon.jpg

Kenny's mother Mali died giving birth to him, and he has spent his entire life being raised by his grandmother alongside the many foster children she has taken in and cared for. Kenny never met his father, and has no desire to ever meet him. He grew up struggling with his gender identity, not sure if he felt like a man or a woman. He started going to gay bars just to watch the drag shows. He eventually built up the courage to try drag himself, using the name Lucy Diamond. It became a way to deal with his gender issues. His drag was sloppy at first, but he eventually improved under the guidance of the older drag queens, particularly one by the name of Cherie Riot, who out of drag was named Switch Vanity and was in a rock band. He became Kenny's mentor and drag mother. The two of them became very close both in and out of drag. He is also very close with a drag king closer to his own age called Tommy Gunn, who out of drag is a skinny lesbian named Haley Porter. His other best friend is a drag queen a year younger than him, Lita Riot, out of drag named Cody Rodriguez. In drag he is very flamboyant and over the top feminine. Out of drag he keeps his style fairly androgynous, occasionally wearing small amounts of makeup. He keeps his fingernails manicured into sharp "cat claws" and paints them often.

I have other characters that I'll play but i don't think they need bios so I'll post pictures instead.

Sumalee (Kenny's grandmother):
2003_0831_GrStasik.JPG

Mabel (foster child):
400_F_19243931_5MX0c9MO6dy0BREa8x3UH8sjgrS70zvv.jpg

Cherie:
1516650_803840369658307_1253948229_a.jpg

Out of drag
tumblr_m91idzLybp1qafar7o1_1280.jpg

Lita:
10467736_1451974535061823_818158415_n.jpg

Out of drag:
891400_713329592047353_764657706_n.jpg

Tommy:(this was the best I could find)

drag_king_by_suizidclown-d74nfsr.jpg

Out of drag:
article-2577208-1C297C7200000578-882_634x936.jpg

Any takers? I'm dying to use these characters for something even if it's not this plot.

WOW YES, I would love to do a drag queen roleplay! We could also throw transgenders into the mix, unless you were specifically looking for drag queens, which I am also okay with.

Kenny's pretty genderqueer, which some people consider transgender, but maybe we can throw some in if you want. Did you want to stick to this plot? Maybe the character that likes Kenny could secretly be interested in drag.

We could do a variation of the plot, sure! I was thinking that the character that likes Kenny could be a jock who is massively in the closet about that sort of thing, liking drag queens or men/transganders in general. I'll have to work out the details.

I could play Kenny's best friend, but I would like to make her my own character if that's alright with you. :)

Tommy is pretty much his best friend. Maybe the character that likes him could become another one of his friends if you want. Or we could eliminate the youngest kid and replace it with a female character that really likes him/could get close to him and have two kids that like him and one that doesn't, along with the dad.

Hmm. Yeah, I don't know. I like being able to make up my own original characters to mesh with yours rather than playing ones already given to me. Too many characters could make it complicated, though. If you don't mind me changing a few of your characters into some of my own I'd be grateful, but if not, happy hunting! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.