3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!

PSX_20180809_160134.jpg

A LITTLE CHAT BEFORE LEAVING.
~| The 'Rewiring' BSB | The 'Rewiring' IC | FLASHBACK | The 'Descending' IC | The 'Descending' BSB |~
~| THE MAIN OOC |~

| Ada | Bella | Conway | DeeDee |

| Euler | Jaycie | Keijo | Sabai |

| Agent 94 |

Last edited:
In The Lair of The Thrum.

SD5HZAQ.jpg

~DeeDee~ and ~Jaycie~

superthumb.jpg
Jaycie-20190402033825714.jpg

<~<>~>​

The girl sat upon the second level deck overlooking the Thrum. Her legs dangled over the edge as her folded arms rest upon the cold steel of of the lower part of the restraining railing. A chin dropped upon said arms and dark eyes rested upon the throbbing, living device that powered a great portion of the BLOCC.

Her gaze did fall upon the Thrum, but the glazed looked that befell them made it obvious that the impressive giant Heart was not her focus right now. She turned her head and lay the side of her shaved head upon her arms. This was the Blue Jay, Jaycie whose face never lost its smile and whose dark blue eyes never lost its luster. But as of now...

"I want to get out of here, Dee but... it's like... it's just--" The sound of the West-coast Canadian accented words cut short; a sigh could only complete her thoughts.

The somewhat plump girl that was lying on her back, staring at the ceiling, sat up with a grunt. She rubbed at a furrowed brow then reached over and stroked the back of the blue hued, shaved head of her friend. The warm caress ended just short of the blue-haired girls IDN brand upoin her neck. She too gave a sigh.

"Jace... I know, I know, I don't want to leave the others behind too but... it's just..." she too allowed the sound of her French-accented voice trail off. Then: "Hey, chou, listen. Ada and the others will be here soon. We will get all sorted then. They're smart and they will set us free. All goods, n'est-ce pas?

She was the Lop-Eared Bunny named DeeDee, but they all called her 'Decker' due to a month-long clerical error. Her Subject Profile IDN read out: AA - 12345678. So she was nicknamed after a 'Deck of Cards.' That and she was trained to be a card shark as well. She just managed to eek out a pass and not get culled and so now, she had made it to Year 2. Just barely. She reached an arm across the shoulders of her friend and soon to follow and rest there was her silver and black hued, shaved head. The blue-headed Jay girl leaned into the warm gesture.

"Promise me... non, you must swear it..." the voice of the Bunny was soft at first, then it soon cracked with overflowing emotion, "Girl, I am sooooo scared...! Swear you will not leave me behind..! Swear it! Swear i--"

A pale hand cupped close the mouth of the Bunny. "Yeah. For sure, girl. I swear I will NEVER leave you behind. But, Decker, you got to swear the same to me, kay?"

A slow nod in response. Two kisses to the palm of the Jay's pale hand. A warm embrace between the two teens. "Oui. I swear the same. We are friends pour toujours, Jaycie...!"

They held the embrace for as long as they could. Then as the door slid open and in walked the next Subject, they released each other, cheeks flush, eyes glistening, scooting away from each other as if they were doing something wrong. But one final glance at each other, a knowing nod and a fond smile they shared.

<~~>​

Jaycie immediately popped up and scampered over to the newcomer, "Hey, hey, hey!! Wut's good, dexie! Glad you made it! Come on in, it's just me n' Dee right now, but the others should be here soon! Man, I'm soooooo glad they selected you too!!"

The teen did her normal fake-out handshake offer into a full blown, boob-crushing, body hug. "We are sooooo close now. We almost out of here, dex..."

As if in response, the Thrum seemed to match Jaycie's heartrate momentarily, but then eased back down as soon as it flared up. But Jaycie being Jaycie, she barely noticed as she felt Decker's hand fall upon her back and gently stroke it.

"Bienvenue, dex," said DeeDee, as she rest her other hand upon the newcomer's back and gently stroked it too. A gentle smile, then blue-grey eyes met theirs, "so good to see you, mon ami, mais ummmm... sooooo did you bring any food...?"

<~<>~>​

Last edited:
  • Spicy
Reactions: DeFier
{Originally by fish-writer}

Vn4k31Om.jpg

<~~>​

Conway stepped cautiously onto the second floor of the power generator room, glancing furtively around, whiskers twitching with his nerves. He normally didn't come here alone, but he hadn't dared to risk asking any of his friends to accompany him. The glow of the Thrum was visible over the edge of the deck, and there were two figures there, but he couldn't quite make them out clearly enough to see who they were.

That issue, however, was quickly resolved as one of them leapt to their feet and ran over to him. As she got closer, Conway realized who it was and couldn't stop the wide grin that blossomed on his face. "Jaycie!" he exclaimed, reaching to take her hand before letting out a soft oof as she crushed him to her body. He always fell for it, but the smile didn't leave him as she released him.

The other figure had also moved in closer, now recognizable as the dex they called Decker. Conway matched her soft smile as the nerves began to creep back in. "I'm glad to see you two," he said quietly, reaching in to his onesie and pulling out a few brussel sprouts. "Of course I brought food, Decker. Who do you think I am?" His words were flushed with warm humour as he handed them over. "I made sure to stock up before this. No one wants to be hungry during a life or death mission, right?" A frisson of tension clawed into his shoulders, and he abruptly made his way over to the edge of the deck, where he peered over the edge at the massive body of the Thrum. The sensation of height gave him a small boost of adrenaline that was somehow soothing, and he turned back around to the two girls.

"When do you think the others will get here?" he wondered aloud, leaning back against the railing. "D'you think maybe I have time for a quick nap?"

{Originally by Boo Shmexy BumBum^^}

~DeeDee~ and ~Jaycie~

superthumb.jpg

<~<>~>​

"My boi, 'Way...!" The Jay pressed her forehead against the Hedgehog's then released the guy from the huge embrace. As he turned to greet the Bunny, she went to warmly pat him on the back . But instead, she just gingerly rest her hand on his back. There was absolutely no need to think that Conway's quills were dangerous while Sapient, but still, Jaycie had an irrational fear of them. Regardless, she was still in a good mood and laughed at the interaction between Dee and 'Way.

"Really, Decker? All about the food first thing, eh?" Jaycie poked her friend's side then did a couple dance steps around the others before snagging a green thing and inspecting it, "you two really like your veggies..."

"Merci! Merci beaucoup, 'Way...!" Decker squealed and hugged the teen boy, "Right! I soooo knew I could count on you! And you, Jaycie, you know that I am doing chef training too and Conway, he tends to garden so he has to gives me ingredients. We work well together, no? Tell that dex girl it is so, mon ami!"

"Works well to get him to let you stuff your face, girlie-- Oww! Kidding! Kidding...!"

After pinching Jaycie, Decker aggressively pointed a finger directly at her friend's nose whist noisily munching away. She then turned and watched as Conway traipsed on over to the railing. "They should be here soon enough. It takes time for the Techs on our side to alter our suits to... how do you say... 'spoof?' Spoof our tracking signal."

Jaycie giggled. She loved the way Decker said the word 'spoof' with her French accent. An arm she slung around the Bunny's shoulder as she spoke to Conway, "Yeah, knock yourself out, dex. We'll watch over you for sure! Oh! Hey, if you want, some tech left their coat over--"

The Thrum flared up once more. It was a common occurance. But for some reason, Jaycie swore she heard someone speak her name from near the Thrum itself. Perhaps they all heard their names spoken.

A sideways glance the Jay tossed in the Thrum's direction as she continued to speak, "Ummm.... the coat is over there hanging by the ladder leading to the main floor. I'll get it, guys."

Visibly shaken, Decker pointed towards the floor below them, voice rather small, "Jace... just don't go down there, right? We were warned by Agent 94 to not step foot there. At all. Jace. Jaycie! Do you not hear--"

"Yeah, I hear you...! I hear you, Dee. Not gunna set one foot down there..." Jaycie spoke but her eyes were locked on the Thrum as she went to fetch the technician's coat.

Even though said aloud, the words did not reassure Decker. The Blue Jay was rather bold and prone to just do things without thinking sometimes. That and she had that certain glint in her eye too.

"Don't worry, guys... not a single foot..."

{Originally by noodle}

ada3.jpg

Ada entered the room just in time to hear the last bits of conversation- and to see the glint enter Jaycie's eyes. A glint that, unfortunately, Ada knew all too well. The girl frowned and shoved her hands in her pockets before slowly, coolly striding over behind Jaycie and slinging an arm around her shoulders before she could do anything stupid, sending a somewhat reassuring glance back to Decker and Conway as she did so.

Physical touch had always seemed to work well with the jay, and the young sparrow knew full well that she respected her. "Hey, Jay. You're...uh...not thinking about getting near that floor, are you?"

She asked it casually and lightly, still leaning against her so she could slow her movements and staring forward instead of at her. "Boy, that would be a pretty risky move, wouldn't it?" Dark eyes cut over to meet Jaycie's. "After all, I'm pretty sure I remember Agent 94 specifically saying not to go near it. I wonder why that is?"

Ada held her gaze for a few long moments before she shrugged and released the Jay, stepping back and allowing her relief from her weight. A small note of pleading entered her tone. "Just get the jacket and get back here, girl. I don't want to have to watch you turn into a Jaycie-pancake when the Panther gets pissy at you."

Last edited:
{Originally by The Boo Girlie^^}

~DeeDee~ and ~Jaycie~

superthumb.jpg

<~<>~>​

The door slid open and in slid another Subject. Decker, being none the wiser, had jumped and squeaked when someone brushed right past her. The teen had been doing a nervous two-step as she watched Jaycie marching towards the ladder, unsure of whether she should spring into action or trust in her friend. Fortunately for her, it was Ada that came in next and hustled on over to settle in on the Jay.

"Oh! Ada?!" was all she could manage before falling silent and clutching Conway's arm with a rather tight yet trembling grip. She caught the reassuring glance of Ada's dark eyes, but still she held her breath and half-hid behind her friend as she watched the events unfold near the ladder. Decker finally exhaled once she saw the arm of the Year 2 planted squarely upon Jaycie's shoulders.

Single-minded and to be undeterred, the Jay had tensed up at first once the arm was slung around her shoulders, dark blue eyes hardening. But upon hearing the voice of her friend, she eased up immediately. "Wait wut? The floor..? Hahah...! Oooooh... you mean that floor? Cuz I--"

Jaycie scratched at the top of head when Ada said the word 'risky.' The blue-headed teen girl's face went bright red as soon as the Sparrow's dark eyes pierced her own. "Yeah I... I, uh, I wondered that myself, Ada. She did specifically say that didn't she? Huhn. Well I was just--"

The shrug Ada gave after removing her arm from Jaycie's shoulders was much worse to her than the piercing gaze; no more waffling, she just had to concede she got busted. Jaycie looked down at her slip-on shoes as if they were the most interesting thing in the whole entire world as Ada spoke. Once again, her friend had acted in Jaycie's best interest. Just like a big sister. The small laugh she let out was made from less humour and more from realization at just how foolish was the act she was about to commit.

"Yeah, I don't want a pissy panther all up in my face neither," Jaycie sighed then reached out and grabbed the technician's coat and promptly marched back towards the others. Dark blue eyes were dulled now as they traced the grid patterns of the steel floor beneath her feet as she went.

<~~>​

"Right. Yeah, so 'Way has some green gifts for you if you're hungry, Ada," eyes still aimed at the floor glinted once more, "and he also has another gift for you. Here--"

The coat whipped away, whacking Ada's butt with a satisfying smack, "He says him n' Dee always wanted to give you one of those since your rear was such a nice, big, round, smelly target...!"

"Jaycie!?!"

The Jay then tossed the coat at the Sparrow then scampered behind Conway and Decker, giggling like a little girlie, "You are soooooo welcome, dexies!! Well worth however she gets back at you guys, eh!!"

{Originally by DeFier^^}

SHILO

shilo.jpg

A devilish smirk befell the shadowed face. A glint of mischief in the eye all his own. And from his vantage point overlooking the happenings below, he decided to add some mayhem to the mix. Shilo believed a dash more mayhem was always a good way to add flavour to the life here in the BLOCC.

He hung upsidedown, knees holding onto the rung of the ladder above them. With such ease, he released his hold and chuckled as he began to freefall downward onto his target. A screech the Red Panda let out before bowing headfirst into Jaycie, sending the blue-headed Jay flying into Conway and Decker. A tuck and roll later, and the redheaded Year 3 was up and running... at the mouth. Again.

"Eh Bien, listen up Prey!!" The normally playful Brit accented voice of Shilo sounded rather stiff and stick-up-the-ass like a certain French Panther Agent they all knew, "should that have happened during go time, you would all have failed and you would all be dead. Alors, positions! From the top one more time! Up! Up now, Fknhl... do it again...! Toutes le mondes! All of you, UP!! But this time let me smack Ada's ass!"

A hand was raised, but the 18 year old merely feigned slapping Ada's already smacked rear, then quickly slid over to her to give the Sparrow a warm embrace... and of course, he gave her a noogie atop her shaved redhead.

"Oh, but wouldn't do that to ya lass," now he dropped his Brit accent to that of one very, very similar to Ada's Irish accent, "cuz we redheads need to stick together, d'ya know wut I mean, Shamrocky?"

He kissed the top of her head, made a face and gagging sound, then spit to the side before moving on to greet the Hedgehog, "Ughn...! Still tastes like bad attitude! Ptwewwy...!

"Oi! Mr. 'Way! Alright then, dex? Lookin' chuffed to bits over there-- ooooh! Aye, aye, matie! I see you been piratin' out the gardens again, nyarr!! Keep it up, good sir...!

"Decker! I say, Dee, you look like someone who just piddled themselves... chin up, lass, Big Bro is here to make it all better. Come hug now 'else you lose your place in line!

"Jayce--- oh stop belly-achin', just a flesh wound, little sis. Here let me fix that--"
Shilo licked his finger and shoved it into the Year 1's ear, "--oops, thought that was the trick. Nope. Must be the other ear then. C'mere Jayce! C'mon now, you need to balance out the intake of wet-willies in both ears-- Jay-dexie! Oi..! Where you goin'?"

A shrug he gave, planted a kiss on top of the Bunny's head then released Decker. "Girile Preys... whaddya do...? Soooo where is your other Bunny-headed friend, Blink, and..."

The Red Panda let his voice trail off as orange-red eyes scanned one door then the next. The teen cleared his throat and straightened out his red and white onesie. He also seemed to straighten up and fluff himself up "...and you know... I never seem to remember her name. Y'know, the clutzy one... Belly-something-or-other. Never can remember her name. Only important dexies I remember--not that she's not important... it's just... well, I just never get a chance to talk to her. Her eyes... ooooh they... her eyes... um wat?! I mean, something is wrong with them! I don't know what you're talking about! What?! No, I just mmmfl rusmmfl wummmphs..."

The green snack he shoved in his mouth kept his words unintelligible... and kept him from further tripping over his tongue.[/hr]

Last edited:
{Originally by Lulunopia}

bels-20190826235415622.jpg

Bella walked through the doors to the Thrum quietly, not knowing if anyone was there. Though with the voice of that Shilo guy she was proved otherwise. Following the loud obnoxious voice, Bella found the small group. The other Marked. Seemed she was one of the last ones to show, being second to Euler. Hands behind her back Bella walked up behind the group with a large smile on her face and jumped onto Conway's back. Her arms and legs wrapped around the small man in a koala type hug. A giggle escaped her lips as she looked at the others. "Hey everybody! Guess I'm a little late huh?"

Jumping off of the hedgehogs back Bella looked at everyone. A large smile lite up her face as she began to ramble, making sure to talk to everyone, "Good to see everyone here! Well other then Euler...where is she by the way? Jaycie how ya doing girl? Good I hope. Ada nice to see you. Been a while since we last preformed together. Decker it has been some time since I've seen you. How are you? Of course how could I forget you Conway! Got any snacks? Oh! I don't think we've really talked before, I'm Bella! Your names Shilo right?" Here eyes had moved through the group before falling on the male red-head and she couldn't quite remember how much she's talked to him. Not much if she couldn't remember.

Last edited:
{Originally by Boo Grumpy Butts^^}

~DeeDee~ and ~Jaycie~

superthumb.jpg

<~<>~>​

The Jay was about to tease the Sparrow a bit more but then something smacked into her and sent her flying into the Bunny and the Hedgehog. After taking a tumble onto the metal floor, Jaycie groaned whilst rubbing her head and rear at the same time. Dark blue eyes blinked several times before she shook out her head and took stock of what the actual eff just happe-- "Ughhhhhssss... Red. Panda'd... of course..." Shilo happened.

A deep breath she took before finally rising. Arms folded, chin lowered and a terse line where her normally smiling mouth would be, Jaycie watched as the Year 3 tried to 'win over' the others with his 'charisma.' A sideways glance took in Decker's grinning face and a small scoff fell from her lips. She then rolled her eyes at his comments to Ada, a small feign gagging sound she made as he took on her friend's accent. She sneered and made small fake laughing noises under breath as he patted Conway's shoulder and talked like a pirate. She literally bit her tongue and glowered as soon as Decker rushed into his arms before 'the lineup' to hug the boy formed.

When he finally 'graced' her with his gaze, she could not help but look away, cheeks heated up high. She actually felt bad about snubbing him. He was a Year 3 afterall and Shilo was not a bad guy. Or mean. Not at all. In fact, if it was anyone else that had bounced off her skull and sent her flailing, she would have sat there and heartily laughed at the whackiness of the situation. And though she did not hate him, it was still him that did it and that fact annoyed her. But truth be told, most of the things he did really were funny and witty but still... something about him. Something about the way he acted towards her friends bugged her to no end.

Dark eyes closed and dark blue eyebrows slanted away. A decisive sigh she gave up and conceded to try to be nice.

"Hey, Shilo, I-- wait wut? Naw, naw naw, I was soooo NOT gunna start belly-aching, dexie-boy! I was just--" Jayce screeched as his spit-covered finger wiggled in her ear. Then she heard the giggle. Dark eyes flared up and she stamped a foot down and both hands went to shove in a very un-Jaycie like manner; that was an act of real anger. Perhaps even humiliation. "UGHS!! Get the hell away from me!!"

<~~>​

Decker was laughing heartily as she rose to her feet and held out a hand to Conway to help him up. Oh, Shilo, what a clown. A wave of the hand doubled as both a greeting and a motion to let him know, no offense taken by his 'acrobatic entrance.' A fond look glinted from her eyes; just like her bestie, Jaycie, he too always did have a flair for the dramatic and was always welcoming to others.

"Hey, Big Bro...!"

A huge grin shone from her face as she waited patiently in line to properly greet the Red Panda. She covered her mouth to hide a smile as he teased Ada in a similar way that Jaycie would tease her 'Big Sister.' She shuffled a bit to the left to let Shilo greet Conway, and just like Jaycie, he too seemed scared to pat his back. 'Way was a sweetheart and his quills were harmless, but still the both of them never liked touching his quills in Sapient form. When it was her turn, she squealed and rushed into his arms. And just like Jaycie, his hugs were the warmest and most welcoming in the whole entire BLOCC.

The Bunny was still in 'Big Bro's' arms when he had enacted his 'wet-willying' upon Jaycie. As soon as Jaycie screamed, Decker had let out a gleeful giggle. Then Jaycie had screeched at Shilo with almost as much venom as she would spew when she talked about the Chinchillas. Taken aback, she had reached out a hand to grasp the Jay's shoulder. The aggresive shrug her bestie had free herself from Decker's hand was almost like a slap in the face. Dee's face went beet red.

Normally, such an action would bring Decker to tears, but thankfully, the small joke and kiss on top of her head made her feel so much better. Yet as thankful as she was to have Shilo here, she was still miffed at Jaycie's reactions and could not find words to reply to him. Dee had merely shrugged whist her blue-grey eyes traced after Jaycie as the Jay stomped on over to Ada. Decker sighed and stared down at her shoes as Shilo released their embrace. Of course, the first place Jayce would go to would be there. Big Sis was always there for her.

"Je suis desolee, chou," she whispered, knowing full well she did not have the courage to tell her friend such a thing right now in this moment. Such an act could have changed things to come. But alas, those words fell from her mouth were not loud enough nor directed at Jaycie. "I am soooo sorry I laughed at you, Jayce..."

<~~>​

Suddenly the door slid open and in popped Bella. Normally Jaycie would have rushed on over to give the girl a big hug, but as of right now, she was in a pissy mood. Her face was still very pink and blotchy at the cheeks, but the expression had lightened up quite a bit upon seeing the shaved headed brunette Year 3. A quick wave and big smile she tossed Bella. A sideways glance she had given Ada then she looked down at her shoes. No, Bels deserved better than just that. Especially after seeing her playfully jump on 'Way. A shake of the head she gave as she sighed and began shoving all negativity aside.

"Formidable! Et une autre fois formidable, mon ami!! Sooo good now! I'm officially doing chef training for Year 2 now, Bels!" Decker had skipped on over and held both hands of the Ferret. As she spoke the Bunny was excitedly hopping up and down, "And you? Were you not transitioning to the Soon-To-Be-Released Programs? Well, to tell the truth, I believe we dexs are all here to transition to that Program ensemble, hien?"

Decker giggled once more before steppinjg aside for Bella to greet the rest. And here is where Jaycie's mood soured once more. Dark eyes became even darker once she saw the Red Panda strut on over towards the cute Ferret, the terse line replacing her mouth once more. He was holding out his hand to her.

Then of course, as if scripted, Bella fell forward, neat little dancing steps tripping over mere air. And instead of holding out a hand to her, Shilo was now just holding her. A rough and noisy inhale Jaycie gave as she zoomed in on his slick little smirk and heavy-lidded, starry-eyed stare he cast into Bella's captivating thick-lashed eyes. A quick pop of the eyebrows he expertly tossed up before introducing himself. It was all too perfectly scripted.

"Riiiight. I don't think so. Let me help you out, eh..." That certain glint shone once again from the Jay's dark eyes. The glint was that very one that showed up when she was about to act before thinking. Both teal and grey coloured sleeves she had pushed up before strutting on over to the perfectly posed pair.

<~<>~>​

{Originally by noodle}

ada3.jpg

"Hey!" Ada's voice held a measure of insulted humiliation as the coat smacked into her rear, and she whirled on the Jay with the kind of playful fury that makes friends only briefly regret what they've done. "You're all so getting it now-"

A bad French accent froze her in place, but once she realized that the snapping was not, in fact, from the Panther, she just rolled her eyes and peered at Shilo with an unimpressed raise of her eyebrows. The one-year-older red panda had always attempted to act like an older brother to her and the other Dex's, but he was a bit annoying at times. She couldn't really place it, but he seemed almost condensending, even if he was friendly enough. As he threatened another smack, she raised a fist and waved it under his nose, challenging him to even try it.

As he hugged her and gave her a noogie, though, she noticed a small scowl on the Jay's lips. Was that from her or from Shilo? Before she could ponder on this further, the panda in question was calling her 'Shamrocky'. "Whatever you say, Tea Party," she snarked, slipping deeper into her own accent and then quickly ducking away from any impending wrath to seek refuge with Jaycie.

That refuge was ruined by Shilo, once more, but he was soon moving on to the newly-entered Bella. Jaycie, however, seemed to be annoyed at this development, and was starting to stride toward the gathering group with an even bigger glint in her eye.

"Nope." Ada hadn't even realized she'd let the word slip until she had caught her friend by the collar. "We'll beat him up later," she advised in an undertone, pulling her back toward her. "Don't let him get to you. Remember? Lesson One, Jay." She rapped her knuckles gently on the younger girl's forehead with a wink and a smirk. "He's just actin' the maggot, and Panther's gonna wonder about our teamwork if any of us show up with bruises."

Last edited:

Vn4k31Om.jpg

<~~>​

As more dexes entered the room and the energy heightened, Conway instinctively grew quieter. Ada had arrived, and he leaned into Decker for support, though he smiled back at the Sparrow's silent greeting before she headed over to quickly abort Jaycie's shenanigans. He couldn't help but grin at Jaycie's foiled expression, though his cheeks flushed bright red, eyes widening as the Blue Jay snapped the lab coat at Ada's rear and credited her motivation to him and Decker. I guess if I die now, I won't have to worry about dying later, Conway thought faux-peacefully.

But Ada knew better, of course, and Conway gave a quiet sigh of relief as she whirled on Jaycie. Before they could continue their playful spat, though, Shilo made his arrival known, and Conway couldn't suppress a slight grimace. He didn't have a problem with the Red Panda, but being around Shilo for long periods of time tended to exhaust him. The dex was just a little hyper for Conway's somewhat leisurely pace. Obligingly he handed Shilo a brussell sprout when it was his turn to be greeted, but his attention slipped to Jaycie immediately afterwards. Conway could practically feel the rage rolling off her in waves, and he shuffled closer to her, reaching out a hesitant hand.

But then Bella strolled in, and Conway grinned delightedly as she hopped right onto his back, more koala than ferret, and he did a quick, playful spin before she hopped off. "Good to see you, Bels," he greeted warmly, forgetting about Jaycie's uncharacteristic anger. That is, until Shilo gracefully swept Bella into his arms. He caught the glint in her dark blue eyes a moment after Ada did, grateful that the redhead caught Jaycie before she could stir up any trouble. The prospect of any significant inner conflict made his stomach hurt. After all, they'd have to stick together to stay safe during what was to come.

His mood suddenly sobered, Conway walked up to Shilo and Bella, wondering if she would go along with the Red Panda's flirting, or if she would want an out. "You two need a room?" he teased. "Honestly, if you need some private time, you'd better take it now, if you know what I mean..." He looked up at them through his dark lashes, expression earnest, though there was a gleam of humour in his dark eyes.

{Originally by DeFier}

SHILO

shilo.jpg

And before he knew it, she had fallen for him. It was as if fate had stepped in and made such a situation ripe for the taking. Oh, but how many times had he practiced in front of the mirror for this very moment. And yet not once in all those well rehearsed moves did he ever expect to have reached out and have her fall right into his arms. A momentary glance to the ceiling gods and a momentary yet silent 'thank you' he mouthed before introducing himself in that voice, with that smile, and with that smoldering look in his eyes.

The slick and smooth Red Panda pulled the lovely Bella closer to him, his grip upon her taut body firm yet enticing all the same. He cleared his throat before letting the Ferret know just who exactly she was meant for until the end of--

Shilo's eyes popped up wide when he heard the little Hedgehog speak about 'getting a room.' His face went ghostly white as the words with which he was about to utterly charm this girl in his arms choked up in his throat.

Embarrassed, yet not to be denied, Shilo cleared his throat once more before continuing to make a fair claim for this fair maiden. The colour returned to his face-- and then Conway opened his mouth yet again, spouting off about 'private time.' And of course his face once more went ghostly white.

Doubly embarrassed and yet still not to be denied, Shilo cleared his throat once more before continuing to make his fair claim to claim this fair maiden. But he was too late. Of course, fate stepped in and took away the ripeness of the situation.

Instead of the slick and smooth words coming out of the mouth of a Panda with that certain glint in his eyes, only a single, simple and purposeful sneeze flew from that mouth with accompanied wet and sloppy projectiles to boot.

Right in Bella's face.

And of course he dropped the Ferret right out of his arms as he readied himself for another, and possibly even more sloppy, projectile slinging, moment killing sneeze.

Last edited:
{Originally by Boo Giggly WubWub}

~Jaycie~

<~<>~>​

Grumpy feet stomped on, an even grumpier look upon her face. But the blue-headed teen was going nowhere fast. Her littler red-headed teen friend literally collared her and would not let go. Jaycie paused mid-motion once the Irish-accented Ada spoke softly yet assertively into her ear. And as always, just like a flat tire, the Jay's tense posture drooped, chin hitting her chest.

The tapping on the forehead was the clincher. It was as it always was; the friendly yet firm knocking on her skull removed instantly that certain kind of Jaycie glint in Jaycie's dark blue eyes. Ada was right as always. Dammit. You big sis types eh...?

"UGHS. Yeah... yeah, Ada. You're right, dexie. I shouldn't let him get to me..."

She shook her head and conceded to the wisdom of the Sparrow. But even so, she just could not help but give Ada a pleading look; just let her get in the face of jerk-hole Shilo. The girl had no idea what she was going to do to once she got into the Year 3's face-- a single glance towards what Ada saw and what Ada mention something about bruises made it apparent what she may have done. Jaycie's hands were tightly balled into fists. And they were white and trembling.

Slowly she unballed her fists then held them open, palms toward her face. Was I really going to hit him...?

One more glance over at how he was delicately holding Bella and daggers made of more than just flames shot into her gaze. Jaycie shook her head a couple times, lowered her hands, then stared at her shoes. Yeah... oh my gosh... yeah I think I was... I really, really was gunna' hit Shilo...

Suddenly she perked up once she heard Conway come on over and speak to Shilo. Was her boi 'Way actually sassing the Year 3? An open-mouthed smile she held as she turned around to see Shilo's expression.

Just in time to see him sneeze into poor Bella's face.

A gigantic roar of laughter should have erupted from her but instead she just cringed and held a disgusted look upon her face. She had seen some of the wet stuff from Shilo's mouth and nose fly directly into Bella's eye.

Then she turned away from the scene slowly, not out of disgust, but because she heard it again.

Someone had just called her name again. It was no one's voice she had ever heard before.

Nor was it a voice she had ever 'felt' before.

<~<>~>​

Last edited:

Summer

OTE9sxam.jpg

<~~>​

This deck was not a place Summer had ever been before. Maybe she needed to expand her circle of friends? She flung the door open carelessly, irritated that she'd gotten lost on her way here. It was embarrassing, honestly. So what if she was a Year One? She should still be able to follow simple directions, and that's really all they were. Scowling, she stormed in, but instead of looking at the Thrum, her attention was captured by the tragedy unfolding before her. Her movement arrested by curiosity, Summer watched with building amusement as the Red Panda attempted to flirt with the Ferret.

They were all dexes she'd seen in passing, and with some effort, Summer could remember most of their names. One in particular was a girl she recognized as a fellow Year One, the Blue Jay. Now that was an easy name to remember! For some reason, though, Jaycie looked furious. Yikes. It kind of looked like there was a lot going on, with most of the attention focused on the tightly wound Ferret and Red Panda, but her eyes were locked on the Jay, watching as her expression morphed from fury to shame to joy to disgust, all in the span of a few seconds. "Jaycie!" she called, a sing-song lilt to her voice, as she side-stepped all the drama and stood next to the bemused-looking Jay.

She realized suddenly that this was the first time they'd ever spoken. Well, then, better make a good impression, Summer thought brightly. "Y'all seem to be havin' fun," she mused. Turning a critical gaze over to the sneezing Red Panda, she arched an eyebrow. Shilo was a much more familiar face, but she wasn't used to seeing it so scrunched up in preparation for another wetly violent sneeze. With a sigh, she dug a handkerchief out of her onesie and hurried over to Shilo, pressing it against his face before he could unleash another gross projectile. "Keep that; I don't need it back." Her expression sharpened into a cheeky grin as she stepped back. "Can't be gettin' sick before our big day," she added with a wink.

Last edited:
{Originally by BOO~^^!!}

~Jaycie~

<~<>~>​

Instantly she turned once she heard her name called out from the next dexter in through the door. No, that was not the voice she had 'felt' but this one's voice was super distracting. It was that Southern Belle twang of the redheaded cleaner girl. Jaycie did not respond right away because simply, for the life of her the Jay just could not remember the other girl's name.

But that physique! Oh man, but she was a strong girl. When in the subterranean garden that Conway attended, she would work beside this other girl to do the yardwork labour. And this other girl...? Wow. She had strong legs, and, when no one was looking, once the redhead bent over, Jaycie would sneak in a stare at that fine, fine round a--

~Oh my gosh. I'm just staring right now, aren't I...? Man I am being soooooo weird. Look away, Jayce. Just look away...

Luckily for the blue-headed dex, the other girl-- ~wutsername...?! --just stood beside her, conveniently dipping out of Jaycie's wide-eyed gaze. And then the other girl moved on from her shoulder and went to tend to the Year 3's: Bella and Shilo. ~Man, what is her name?! I just-- wait... wut? Where did she pull that kerchief from? Wait, I think... oooohhhh myyyyyyy-- hey! Wut the effs,, man!? Now she's tending to Shilo?! Dammit how many sexy-dexie-girls does this Subject have to attract?! UGHS!!

Once more both her hands had inadvertently balled into fists, but as soon as she raised them, her fury died down. T he Jay now stood there with her hand covering her mouth. Not to hide a smile, but as a reaction of dismay. Bella had wiped her face of Shilo's violent spray from mouth and nose and was now rubbing at her big and pretty brown eyes; possibly even forcing said spray further into said big and pretty brown eyes. ~Ewwwww.... Shilo snot... Man, I am beginnin-- 'Ginning?' No, not Ginning but Guinea!! She's the Guinea Pig! The one with the nice round-- wait! I do know her name...! The Southern Belle, right? Her name is... is... RIGHT!! Oh YEAH!!! I remember! Her name is--

"Sugar! Hey, you been Selected by the Panther too?! Awwww hell yeah!" the teen jumped up and bounced up and down twice, waving her hands in victory. Jaycie had not spoken to the other teen even though they were both Year 1's. And it was not because she was shy. No, quite the oppostite really. Jaycie was one of the most welcoming Subjects in the whole entire BLOCC! No, the reason she never spoke with the Guinea Pig was because whenever she did, her heart would flutter, her tummy would fly all sorts of loops and she would become tongue tied. But not now. Not here in the room of the Thrum.

"Hey, Sugar, you best wash your hands with the strongest cleanser you can, that dexie-boy is all sorts of a hot house of mutated contagion! 'Big bro's here?' Yeah, right! Poor, Bella...! That boy-dex is more like: Big Gross Smear!! "

She whooped triumphantly, hung a cocky grin from her mouth, winked a nice eff you wink at Shilo and held out a fist for Ada to bump. Would she have any worry Big Sis would not bump back...? Awww hell, no!

But once more her posture deflated. There it was again. And it was not the Guinea Pig calling her this time. No, it was from the voice another. She could 'feel' the voice. Once more it called.

And it sounded-- no, it 'felt' like it was calling out from behind the Thrum.

<~<>~>

Last edited:
{Originally by DeFier}

SHILO

shilo.jpg

He dropped her. Right out of his arms and onto the metal floor.

Shilo had the golden opportunity to win over the cute Ferret and he blew it. Literally blew it out his nose and mouth and into the face of his bigtime uber crush. He wiped at his face then held out a hand, reaching to help up his lovely little prized dancer. And just before Bella could grasp his hand, he snatched it away. Mouth agape and big brown eyes wide, the Ferret's expression soon became that of a jilted teen girl complete with high pink cheeks and heavily scowling eyebrows. Wow, lad... just how smooth was that...? he thought to himself.

But he just had to pull his hand away lest he not only cover her face with his gooey goodness, but cover her hand with the same icky substance was well. He almost face palmed but luckily for he, Summer barked out Jaycie's name, sparing him from smearing his own snotty goo upon his own face. He turned his cheek from the Ferret and watched as the newcomer stood by Jaycie. He was not ignoring the now-grumpy Bella, he was only giving himself some respite and calm before he would turn back to save whatever face he could with the now-grumpy Bella. And knowing her, she had a bit of a temper so he had to be quick witted and charming times 3000 to get back onto her good side.

Once he regained his composure, he finally turned back towards the Ferret. Only to find he had to sneeze once more. His face scrunched up and the unwitting Bella was in for another spray of Shilo mouth and nose goodness.

Thank all the stars he could not see for Summer's quick reaction time. He sneezed face first into the held out kerchief and Bella rolled to a standing position and stormed off to stand beside Ada and Decker. The Year 3 brunette folded her arms and one could actually feel the heat radiate from her angry expression. Shilo was now in the cross-hairs of teen-girl retribution.

Another sneeze he deposited into the kerchief. The boy waved a hand of thanks at Summer and then winced internally at Jaycie's scalding comments. He even had a chance to look up and catch her 'go-to-hell' dark eyed wink. I say, how dare a Year 1 sass me like that! How rude!

"If you lot would be so kind as to excuse me..."
he called out trying to sound calm and collected as he wiped away the slimy substance from his hands now, "...I have other matters to attend. Summer. Little sis, thank you for your concern but I do believe--"

He cut himself off and tilted his ear towards where he swore he heard someone call his name. "Was that you Conway? Because I do believe that--" he shuddered as he saw the Hedgehog to his right and not near where he heard the voice.

To his left then to his right his eyes darted. They were all together here. And he was certain now that they had all heard the voice. Yet little did he know that they had all heard their own names called out. And he was not sensitive enough anynmore to recognize at which 'level' the voice called out to them all-- he had lost the raw instinctive nature of a Year 1 to 'feel' the voice.

"Who's there?" Come on out now...!" and as much of a douche as Shilo could be, he truly did act like a big brother to the younger Subjects. He motioned for them to gather behind him as he tread forward slowly and quietly. "No need for games, mate... Just tell us who you are and what it is you wan--"

They shrieked. Shilo jumped as all the Year 1's present shrieked and fell to their knees.

Into their minds were thrust the sight, sounds and sensations of some place they had never seen before. Some place that was so alive, breathing and overwhelmingly free. It was unlike any place they could have ever imagined. It was where they were suposed to go. Not here. Not in this underground, concrete, chemically induced, hollow steel facility called the BLOCC. No, their minds were taken to the somewhere where they were supposed to be.

They had seen The Coast.

Last edited:

Summer & Conway

OTE9sxas.jpg
Vn4k31Os.jpg

<~~>​

Summer squealed in disgust when Shilo sneezed into the handkerchief before she'd even pulled her hand back, and she swallowed another horrified grimace when he sneezed again. Maybe he was actually coming down with something? She made a mental note to thoroughly scrub her hands—heck, scrub her whole damn body—as soon as she left this area. No way was she gonna let a cold or flu or whatever disrupt her enjoyment of living her future life on the coast.

But then Jaycie was talking to her, and Summer found her lips quirking into a bewildered half smile at the unexpected nickname. Sugar? Was Jaycie making fun of her accent? She narrowed her eyes as she looked at her, but the blue-eyed dex seemed so genuinely excited and pleased; that couldn't be it. Maybe the Jay was hitting on her? Well, best not jump to conclusions.

As Jaycie launched into a hilarious diatribe of Shilo, Summer was startled into loud, honest laughter. "Big Gross Smear! Aw, heck, Shilo, I think she has a point. That ain't normal. You should see a medic and make sure you're not a, uh, mutated contagion sooner rather than later." Unable to restrain herself, she laughed again, turning to the sharp-tongued Jay, but she sobered when she saw her drawn posture, her faraway eyes.

"Hey, sugar, somethin' got your feathers ruffled?" Summer asked, a gently teasing cant to her voice. "Seriously, kinda looks like you've seen a ghost–"

Summer. The Guinea Pig froze mid-thought, a bewildering chill running down her spine at the sound–no, the sensation of her name being called. Immediately, regret for her earlier taunting rose up in her as Shilo came forward, placing himself between the group of dexters and whatever it was that was calling them. Her hand moved without conscious thought to grab the back of the Red Panda's onesie, ready to pull him back at any sign of danger.

The sudden onslaught of images, sounds, scents that erupted in her mind drove the Guinea Pig to her knees with a startled scream, snatching her hand back from Shilo as though she were burned. The clean smell of salt and the faint tang of fish filled her nose, the sharp coarseness of sand and broken shells hot against her palms, and her eyes widened, as wide as they would go with the sudden realization of what this was. The dark, turbulent vastness of the ocean, touched by the pink and purple light of the slowly emerging dawn, sprawled out before her, enigmatic and endless, approaching her with foaming, violent waves that gentled as they reached the sand, depositing glistening seaweed and taking choice sea shells with it. To her right, she saw land carpeted by lush grass and dense trees, alive with the flitting, unpredictable movements of wildlife, and to her left, sheer stone cliffs capped with green. The songs and cries of birds floated above the steady susurration of the ocean's movement and the whisper of wind through the distant trees. The sun was warm on her skin, and the breeze was cool, and the scent of metal was entirely absent. She could taste salt on her lips, and when the vision faded, the taste was all that remained–salt from the tears that had been rolling unnoticed down her cheeks.

Wiping her face with her sleeve, Summer drew a shuddering breath, in and out, waiting for the numb shock to fade from her brain before she got back to her feet, trying and failing not to stumble. "Y'all," she said, voice cracking. "Did… did anyone else happen to see that?" Looking around, she met the stunned gazes of her fellow first years, but Shilo, the Ferret, the Hedgehog… Everyone else had expressions varying from concern to outright fear. So… not everyone, then.

<~~>​

Conway stared in horror as the Red Panda sneezed the wettest sneeze he'd ever seen directly into Bella's face, taking a step back, hands flying up to his mouth as though he could protect himself from the germs now flying around the space. "B-Bella," he choked out, unbelievably grossed out. "Eurgh. You... you okay?" He cringed at his own useless, painfully obvious question, but he was at a complete loss. Helplessly, he looked back at his friends, but the sight of Jaycie staring distractedly out towards the Thrum caught his attention. Before he could ask, however, a new voice called his friend's name, and a vaguely familiar dex came sauntering towards them, one he recognized from the garden. Summer, he was fairly certain her name was. The corners of his mouth turned down into a slight frown, remembering the absolutely perfect head of cauliflower that she had swiped right in front of him. She seemed nice enough, vegetable rivalry aside, but they had never had any meaningful conversation, and Jaycie particularly had always seemed to avoid her.

They seemed to be getting along fine now, Conway observed, smiling slightly as Jaycie whooped and leapt in something like victory. As Shilo unleashed another sneeze, Bella hurried over to Decker and Ada, and Conway immediately followed, wincing as Bella tried to wipe disgusting Red Panda mucous from her face. He, unfortunately, did not have any handkerchiefs or towels hidden away, but he could make do. Pulling the cuff of his sleeve down over his hand, he hesitantly brought his other hand to her shoulder. "Let me help?" he said, more question than statement, and began to try to clean off her face as gently as he could. He could sense the fury in her, and he made sure not to put himself between her and Shilo so she could deliver the full force of her glare unimpeded.

He mostly tuned everyone out as he got the last of the snot and spit off Bella's scowling face, but the sound of his name from Shilo caught his attention. The Red Panda was looking around in a decidedly nervous way, and there was something about his mannerisms that put Conway on edge, his shoulders tensing. And then he heard it, his own name, but not from Shilo, not from any familiar voice. "Wh… what," he mouthed, his vocal chords failing to actually form the word, and he stepped behind the Year Three, inexplicably grateful for the feeling of protection, as futile as it may have been.

Looking out over the deck, his focus settled on the glowing Thrum, and his breath caught in his throat. Somehow, inexplicably, Conway knew with absolute certainty that the voice had come from the Thrum. Its subtle pulse grew in intensity, the rhythm aligning with the beat of his own heart, which suddenly pounded loudly in his ears. It was almost like it was trying to tell him something. Staring intently into the strange machine, he was taken by surprise when it flared, taking a step back and squinting as the light dazzled his eyes, and within the same heartbeat, the Year Ones shrieked and collapsed.

"The Thrum," he blurted, looking around at the unnerved dexters who still stood. Their eyes fixed on him, and his anxiety spiked, but he was too caught up in his epiphany. "It… it's alive." Conway didn't know how else to explain it; he had never been good with words, but an understanding of the Thrum had bloomed within him, and it had eased some of his fear.

They all seemed to come back to themselves at the same time, looking shaken, and Conway immediately went to Jaycie and Summer, the latter staggering abruptly to her feet with questions on her lips and tears on her cheeks. He looked back and forth between the two for a moment, before hesitantly asking, "Jaycie, Summer, you all okay?"

{Originally by Boo Saggy Butts^^;}

~Jaycie~

<~<>~>​

Any other place, any other time and the confusion of names would have have ended up in an awkward yet cute and sweet interaction between the two teens. Summer had called her 'sugar' right back afterall. But as of right now, this was not any other place, any other time. Jaycie was lost in s very special place and a very special time.

A pale hand reached out in front of dark blue eyes, not to grasp something but rather to block something. There was a light, piercing her eyes from the dark, right there, so close yet so far away. She was standing in what, to her, was a vast pink and purple room. A room filled with water and light. And that light was getting brighter and brighter by the second. And it was rising too. All was fuzzy, distorted and incoherent. But in this very special place in that very special time it did make sense. Because she was right where she was supposed to be. The dark of her mind finally realized where she was. Finally.

Then her emotions exploded. All of them and all at once.

A scream ripped away from her lungs, her heart, her very primal being. To her knees she fell now clutching at nothing but desperation as she fell through time, space and reality.

Into the water. Wet, cold refreshing all the same. Oh, but how disgusting the flavour of it: stomach-turning, undrinkable and salted. But the things in the water. Were those plants swimming in there? This was not a room for how could it hold such giant green prickly things-- Trees? Those were trees! My gosh, they smell sooooo good! How green were they as they lined their way, past that rocky overhang, clustered together all the way to the top of those massive things... Mountains? My gosh those are mountains. They are gigantic. And those trees... She had to go over and touch them. She should just fly over to them-- Ada! Big sis was here...! No wait. Not just one but many of her. So many Sparrows. And other birds too! Big white ones soaring in the wind-- my gosh the wind smells so good. I want to fly with then too. So high... So elated... So free! Once more she was drawn to that giant ball of golden light! My gosh... That thing is sooooooo bright, gorgeous and warm-- no. Please, no. WAIT, PLEASE!! I don't... I don't wanna leave!! I'm here!! I'm HERE!! WE are here! We are... We are--

Jaycie lay sprawled out upon the floor bawling like a new born babe. Kicking, convulsing, fighting a losing fight to keep hold of the reality of this very special place in that very special time. She was mewling like a weak and wounded kitten.

"We are... We are..." sputtered out her mouth just barely audible and intelligible, "...hey, sexy-dexies, we made it... We. Are...

Home."

<~<>~>

~DeeDee~

superthumb.jpg

<~<>~>​

Silvery-blue eyes bulged in terror once 'big bro' had rounded them up behind him. Dee would be lying if she said she did not find the sneezing, snotting and and sassing antics of her friends all too amusing. And perhaps she did get a bit huffy, and green-eyed, at the fond interaction between Summer and her bestie, Jaycie. That Jay had made it clear, confided even, that the blue-headed girl just could not say anything meaningful to the Guinea Pig at all. And so she had refrained from speaking to Summer unless necessary. Yet here the two girls were... calling each other 'Sugar.'

"Her name is 'Summer!' Not 'Sugar,' ma folle Chou...! We carry the heavy flour bags together to the bakery. They are heavy so we have to work together. Close together, Jaycie...! Very close!" she had said loudly, much pink and heat spreading across her cheeks.

But all that seemed like a distant memory once she heard her name called out from that lower deck. The Lop-Eared Bunny swore she heard it not just in her ears but from her head too. Yet once she shook her head she managed to clear the overbearing presence from her sensitive ears and mind.

Suddenly, Jaycie and Summer fell to their knees. Jumping bolt upright, Dee herself had also screamed just after her friends did. The Bunny turned to see both the dexs act out strangely as if they were interacting, struggling even, with invisible items and phantom sights.

Decker froze. But still the girl was able to take in the happenings around her. Ada had tossed the stray lab coat and rushed over to the blue-headed Jaycie as she lay fallen and babbling incoherently.

Summer seemed to have come to and so after glancing at Ada taking care of Jayce, she decided to rush over to Summer's side. A hand she reached out to the redhead and helped her up. "Non, Summer, I did not see anything other than you falling. You had screamed and were acting up. I do not know what happened, dex, mais Mon Dieu, it scared the living--"

It's alive. That's what Conway had just said. And chills raced down her spine for some reason she knew exactly what he meant. It was alive. The Thrum was alive and it was calling out to them. All she could do was stare at her shoes and nod in agreement.

Was it coincidence that all this happened while they had all been gathered here to have a little get together before leaving? Or was it a set up? What was Agent 94 getting up to?

<~<>~>​

Conway had come over and asked if all was okay and in response, Ada could only frown, shake her head and gently pat her still prone Blue Jay friend. Decker could only respond by screaming. Her neck was craning up, eyes bulging wide as she pointed up above them. "There is something up there!! It is moving...! Do you see--"

Once more DeeDee screamed as she saw whatever it was flutter off and into a vent, "Shilo! Shilo! It is a big bird! And it flies into the wall! I swear, dexies! I swear I saw it!!"

"Dee...! Dee, please... Oi, little sis, calmes-toi. Ease up now. I believe you. I do. Lookie here..."

Shilo was staring up at where Decker had been pointing then slowly he lowered his chin and came strutting on over to the bunch of them. He had a solemn look in his amber eyes as he went over and kicked over the white lab coat meant for Conway. He had seen something poking out from inside the inner lining. There was a dark plume stuck there in stark contrast to the white of the coat.

"It's why I have been sneezing-- many, many heart-felt apologies to my loverly Bella --but do you see that? I have an allergy to it. I have a sneeze whenever I am near a certain kind of Predator.

That, my lovely little sisters and brother, is from a bird of prey."

<~<>~>​

Summer & Conway

OTE9sxas.jpg
Vn4k31Os.jpg

<~~>​

Summer managed a weak attempt at her usual joyful smile when Decker hurried over to help her to her feet, but even that faded when the Bunny revealed she hadn't seen the vision. Was Summer crazy? Did she finally lose it? The Guinea Pig looked down at Jaycie's prone, shaking form, wiping at her own still-leaking eyes. No. The Jay had seen it, too. It wasn't just a stress hallucination. "Home," she echoed, the word tremulous and wet as she tried to conjure the memory of that fresh air, salt-and-earth scent. "I think we'll be just fine," she added, responding to the Hedgehog's question. "I… I think we saw the Coast." Her voice lacked its normal confidence, the idea of what she'd seen almost too fantastic to make real by speaking of it. Conway had said the Thrum was alive. Was it the Thrum that had shown them all that? She looked out at it, the faintly pulsing contraption of metal and light.

Her head whipped back around to Decker at the sound of her scream, and she balled her hands into instinctive fists at the wide-eyed terror on the dex's upturned face, staring up in the direction of her pointing finger just in time to see a flurry of movement into a vent as Decker screamed again, frantically exclaiming to Shilo that it was a bird, a big bird.

The idea of a large bird flying above her chilled her blood, and Summer apprehensively looked around the ceiling, half expecting to see hawks or eagles flooding the rafters and staring down at them with dark, piercing eyes. But there was nothing except empty shadows. Her gaze fell back to the Red Panda, who was kicking around the discarded lab coat. She was about to say something sarcastic about playing dress up, but the words evaporated when the white fabric slid to reveal a long, dark feather.

"That, my lovely little sisters and brother, is from a bird of prey." Summer recoiled, instinctively backing away from the lab coat and the idea of predatory birds in their midst.

"A what now?" she demanded, even though she had heard just fine. "Are they… are they spying on us?" Fear began to edge into her voice. They were so close, so close, to leaving. She could still taste the salt on her lips. The idea of staying in the BLOCC any longer was suffocating. "I ain't never seen a bird of prey around here before. Should we tell the Panther?" At this point, Summer was beginning to babble, too focused on trying not to panic to staunch the flow of her thoughts.

<~~>​

Conway jumped at the sound of Decker's scream, dark eyes wide as all his nerves came alive, ready to flee. The Bunny was looking up, and he felt nausea rise in his stomach. The ceiling above them suddenly seemed so high, so dark, concealing innumerable hidden dangers, and he found himself crouching down on one knee, resisting the urge to curl up and hide under the discarded lab coat.

Dee screamed again, and Conway cringed, but he managed to gather up enough of his sense to process the frantic words she was also saying. A big bird. His mind immediately conjured up images of screeching, bright eyed owls, sharp beaks and talons, and he shuddered almost convulsively. Being eaten was perhaps his least favourite nightmare. He watched as Shilo approached, and the Red Panda's uncharacteristic solemnity only increased the Hedgehog's growing sense of dread.

The feather Shilo exposed was inky dark against the white of the lab coat, and Conway took in the information in a state of numb shock. If he thought too hard on the idea of birds swooping around unseen above him, he thought he might start crying, so instead he looked around at the surprised expressions of his friends around him. Summer almost immediately began asking questions, and he could sense the fear in the room beginning to rise.

"H-hey, let's not get ahead of ourselves," he stammered, forcing himself to relax and sit back on his rear, folding his legs in front of him. "If Shilo knows about the… the birds, then I'm sure the Panther does, too." His gaze sought the Red Panda's, as though searching for confirmation, his hands grasping the stiff fabric of the lab coat and drawing it close. Though his heart still pounded from the paranoid suspicion of predators above him, Conway lifted the feather absently to his nose, inhaling the strange scent. "Any chance they're on our side?"

{Originally by DeFier}

SHILO

shilo.jpg

The redheaded teen shivered slightly when his ears picked up on Summer mentioning the word: Home. He then inhaled and turned in the direction of Decker, Conway, Summer and Bella. An acknowledging smile and nod Shilo cast at Conway before offering a hand to help him up.

"And of all the Bird of Prey Agents, I do not know of a single one to hide from us and 'fly into the walls' as Dee says. I highly recommend none of you fliers or any of us climber Subjects go investigate it. Alright? And as for spying...? Bollocks to be certain but then again, we have no idea what it wants. Stay together, dexes."

Shilo scanned the Thrum room for any other signs of movent or anything else out of the ordinary. A great sigh escaped his lips as he strut over to the pair of bird girls on the metal floor. After letting out a sharp upward exhale of air, he then turned to the other Subjects and motioned for them to gather around. A pitying look he gave Jaycie who lay out there on the floor, head in Ada's lap. "Circle round, you lot. Let's keep Jayce safe then together. All together.

"So what do we think, Shamrocky? Shall we let Blueberry Dip sleep in a tidge then?"

A wry smile he cast the redheaded Sparrow, reached out to pat her shoulder and moved on over to Bella. He stood diagaonally from the brunette, chin snapping a polite yet curt nod. Even after such a show of bravado earlier, he just could not find it in him to look the other Year Three in the eye; shame still resided in his gaze. Yet still his BCT transmission to her was confident, solemn and confiding, <<I think we are now in over our heads. I do think we need to call in the Panther... but Bella do not mention a thing about the Coast. Just let the Year One's bring it up.>>

The Ferret arched a brow before giving the Panda a level-eyed look. A deep, resigned breath she took then unfolded her arms; the grudge had to wait for she knew he was right. An unintelligble grumbling of words she tossed in the Panda boy's direction before she proceeded to go and kneel down by Ada and Jaycie. A sypathetic hand she lay upon her blue-headed dancing mate and then a thoughtful squeeze she gave Ada's shoulder before rising and scanning the faces of her other friends. Finally, big, dark doe eyes fell upon Shilo. That gaze held there momentarily then she looked away before finally conceding a nod.

"Well then. Looks like Bella's our dexie then. Aye, Summer, we have to call in Agent 94. Let's just sit tight then, shall we?"

The dancer made her way over to the remaining dexters and fondly rest a hand on each of their shoulders before leaving them with a smile and a wave. Out the door went Bella and another deep breath Shilo took. He pinched at his nose to stave off a sneeze with much success.

"Anywho. Summer. Decker. What says you? What are we on about over there, ladies? What exactly did you each see then? Within this room... or without?

"Conway. Little bro, clear out the cobwebs. So just what did you mean about the Thrum being alive?

"And finally, stay alert, everyone. We don't know what other surprises are in store. So then. As soon as Jayce comes 'round, mates, we are out that door. Yes?"

Last edited: