A League of Their Own

Annabelle had raced home as soon as she sent the message, flustered but refusing to accept it was because of Chase. She raced to her room and started to raid her closet, knowing exactly what she was going to wear. Finding the desired article, she left it hanging by her floor length mirror and went to her desk, where she seated herself and began to brush gently through her hair. The soft texture and natural shine of her curls was something she'd gotten from her mother. She rubbed some vanilla scented de-frizzing serum through it and pulled it to one side in a loose braid. She wanted to look nice, but not too formal. Deciding to wear a little eyeliner and mascara had made her eyes pop, they were a bright emerald green in her reflection. She applied a light, nude colored gloss to her plump lips and smiled to herself in the mirror. It was the first night in a long time she was looking forward to going out.

Finally ready, she studied her finished reflection in the mirror. Her dress was golden in color and hugged her curves wonderfully. The neckline teased at her breasts, showing just enough cleavage and the dress itself stopped at her mid-thigh. She turned, and the back of the dress dipped in a very elegant swoop, leaving her entire back exposed and finishing daringly close to her rump. From the clear view of her caramel toned skin, it was clear to onlookers that she was indeed not wearing a bra. She thanked the heavens that her father was working late and wouldn't see her leaving in the dress, he was a very conservative man and she was still his little girl. With a satisfied nod, she grabbed her black over coat, purse and a comfy pair of flats to accommodate her injured ankle.

She arrived at the restaurant at exactly 11 minutes after 7. She smiled, remembering how her mother always told her that a true lady never arrived on time. She entered the restaurant with an almost child like giddiness in her step, her smile warm and welcoming when she spotted Chase waiting for her in the reception lounge. She couldn't help but give the young man an appreciative once over, and she was beyond denying that she felt a strong attraction to the man in front of her. Her made her feel all these school girl feelings, and it wasn't something she was used to. She preferred to be the cool and collected woman in the eyes of potential interests, but something about Chase brought out the reckless woman in her. "Well, well Mr. Bolter. You seem to clean up rather nicely, don't you?" She offered coyly, standing before him and casting a playful glance up from under her lashes as the server came towards them to show them to their table.

He was a little awestruck at her appearance, striking and gorgeous as many other males looked her over as she entered. But he was collective of his senses as he looked her over once or twice, swallowing a shallow lump in his throat as he was aware this was the same lady as last night. But her outfit made her stand out, her body was screaming notice me, but her mentality blew it off as pleasing to the eyes, which she was. He couldn't help but take all this in as she walked over to him finally able to smile at her

"And you seem to dress to impress..you look..lovely today."
He was hesitant with what to say because he had so many words on his tongue that would insure a slap: sexy, exotic, revealing. But he wasnted to compliment her dress not to the bed. Afterall this was a payback dinner for his kindness.

He bowed to her gently and offered his arm for an escoting gesture as the waitress was taking them along to their table, he smiled as he sat across form her on the booth.
"I'm glad to see your foot is healing better, and that you can walk at least. Also glad to get another chance to meet with you. I admit our first night was..rocky but you're a very interesting lady and glad to have another opportunity to meet Miss Weste."
He smiled and picked up his drink menu first, ordering a lite scotch and cola, not wanting to get too wasted tonight then waited for her order.

As their drinks were set they talked on, and he was starting to enjoy her company more and more. She was a beautiful lady and, her dress...He couldn't help but imagine what else she wore to such occasions, blushing slightly as the realization she was bra less came to mind but he thought nothing more of it than a comfy proposal to her body. besides her dress was thick enough to not show any flesh behind it, even though her catching cleavage was smack dab out. But he kept his focus on her face, smiling more at her lovely her entire body was.

Annabelle had slipped her arm easily onto his offered one, feeling like a genuine lady in this man's presence. Her mother had raised her to keep her chin up and her smile pleasant under any scrutiny, and it seemed that many of the patrons on the restaurant were eying the pair of them with both envy and lust. She couldn't help but blush lightly at their searching gazes, she had dressed to impress but she had only been thinking of Chase. Now, with all eyes watching not only her but him as well, she felt a little bit a pressure to look her best. But Chase's easy and comforting smile melted any of her self conscious thoughts away with one look.

"My foot is certainly healing well, no thanks to you. I'm very glad that you accepted my dinner invitation, if I'm being honest. Last night was indeed quite a fiasco, and I must admit you seem to bring out a certain side of myself that I try to keep in line." She told him with a sheepish smile, running her finger around the top of her glass of water in a nervous gesture. Something about the way he looked at her so openly made her skin buzz in a way she wasn't quite used to. She followed his lead and chose a light wine from the menu. If she was going to give him a better second impression, then she needed to steer quite clear from any alcohol, but at the same time she didn't want him to think she couldn't handle a drink. Her pride often got the better of her in these situations.

She noticed he was making a point of holding her gaze, with honestly was starting to make her head spin because of his captivating blue hues. She was sure if she stared at him any longer she would completely lose herself. "Please, you must call me Annabelle. All this miss and mister business is a bit old for our generation, is it not?" She asked, her lips curling in a shy smile. The waiter arrived with their drinks and she took her wine, taking a small sip and staring back into Chase's eyes over the glass.

"How is it that both our families are in the same industry, but I've never once seen you at any of the formal dinners or celebrations? I've done my research you see, and it surprises me that my father has waited this long to approach your father with this partnership proposal. Strictly business, I mean. My father wants to build one of his hotels downtown, and so he's been trying to get to know all of the business men who have establishments on this strip." Normally Anna didn't like to talk about business, but it wasn't because she had no clue. In fact, while she wasn't interested in the hotel chain her father intended on passing down to his sons, Anna had a proposal of her own in the cuisine industry. She had always dreamed of opening an italian restaurant like the ones she saw in old films. Thinking of this made her grow curious of what it was Chase intended to do in his very promising future.

His eyes still glued to hers as she talked, he nodded a bit

"Oh but I was there, beside my father, sadly since he is the CEO our tables are a little more.. privileged than most and we have higher seating, closer into the crowd up front. But I have seen you before Mi-....Annabelle."
He almost was stuck in old habits which she broke easily, which was something odd. Normally he respected woman too much to not call them with a prefix, but her voice sounded commanding without being rough, and he wanted to please her since she pleased his gaze with her looks. Something about her nervous gestures as they looked at each other was cute though and his low breath heaved with a slight chuckle to himself, drinking his scotch as he waited for the next set of menus to arrive

"..Can I be honest? After last night I thought you were serious before you broke your heel and never wanted to see me again. So I'm still a bit shocked to see myself sitting with you, having dinner and enjoying this evening."
He grinned at her as he drank his concoction and swallowed slowly, licking his lips to get any coated liquid off and then peered back up at her, their eyes met most of the time this evening. His feelings for her were slightly growing as he got to know this strong woman. She was amazing, her skin lustrous, her eyes vibrant, her gaze holding and enticing, slowly his head drifted to more of her while she was distracted with any thoughts but still kept a ear to her voice. He smiled to himself, finally breaking his gaze to place his order of curry and steak, a little worried about a venture in a new taste but still trying it out. He sounded proud of his choice though and returned looking at her

">.See our parents own different branches of the same company. The seperation seems a little childish but honestly? My father is a little trivial about yours, thinking he is trying to rise up the ranks...but..I think you're father is a decent trustworthy man, despite his actions to his own daughter..."

Anna couldn't help but color at the mention of her behavior the night before. "I really do apologize for that, you see my father means well. He's worried I'm unhappy, and he truly believes that once I find a husband I will be happy. But he doesn't like the idea of me dating at all, you see. So he tries to find a man he can keep his eye on, and well...if it helps expand the hotel chain in the process, he's not complaining." She said with a warm smile, talking of her father and his ridiculous logic. She placed both her hands under her chin, cradling her face as she looked at him with a playful pout. "But you see, last night was the first time one of those blind dates had rejected me, and I don't mean to sound rude or selfish but that's never happened to me before." She smiled at him, lowering her voice and whispers conspiratorially "Secretly, I'm really not good at being ladylike, and I get pretty stubborn." She laughed a bit, sitting back and taking another small sip of her wine.

His eyes were so attentive, and Anna was really starting to feel the buzzing they left on her skin. She listened to him speak of his business, and their respective fathers, but his lips, his jawline, those eyes... everything was just far too distracting and devastatingly...hot. She had to dip her head and busy herself with the menu when he licked his lips, having had way too active of an imagination for the scenario. She decided on something she had never had before, an oriental salmon stir fry that sounded delicious. She handed her menu back to the waiter and returned her attention to Chase.

"Well, my father is indeed trying to expand his business but you can assure yours that my father is not nearly clever enough to have wrong intentions." She said with a giggle, taking another sip of wine. "While it comes off as though my dad is using me as a pawn for the company, like I said he means well. It's grown quite tiresome though, having random men try to introduce me to their sons whenever I go visit my dad or brothers at work. Just today I had this real piece of work of a guy trying to talk me up. Which is the saving you did earlier, by the way. Your text gave me the perfect out. Although I will apologize for the lie I had to tell, he was just so smug you see so I played the boyfriend card." She told him, biting her lip apologetically. She had forgotten all about that jerk, and how she'd lied about her and Chase's relationship. "Don't worry though, my brother will clear it up and there will be no media scandal." She assured him, hoping he wouldn't read into how she'd blushed at the mention of boyfriend. True, she was starting to grow more and more fond of Chase but still... they couldn't possibly work out, and she wouldn't want to give her father the satisfaction of actually being right.

He nodded but an idea sparked in his mind

"...Your brother is a good man, but last night was a try at a stubborn excuse of a forced proposal. However I did enjoy meeting you, your energy was fiery and your actions were warranted, albeit fierce. But that's not bad...I like a strong lady...and you're one of few, be proud of that..."
He raised his glass to hers in a toast, then reached down and clasped her hand with his on the table, smiling as he looked into her eyes

"And also this is a much better evening...I hope my rejection didn't hurt your ego though I only declined for your happiness out of a blind date....But I hope this made up for it more~"
As he sipped, he wiped his lips with his sleeve, but they still glistened, giving her imagination more fuel, and as much as he didn;t want to admit, he had desires of her as well, her dress was too cut up to not warrant these fantasies of her on his bed, kissing her curves and chest, before revealing her-

He coughed slightly to try to peel himself away form this dream and loked back into her eyes, trying his best to be a gentleman for her, but he was sweating
"..Excuse me..."
he started to remove the blazer, the polo underneath showed off his toned muscles more as he placed the jacket on the booth beside him.

Annabelle raised her glass and tapped it against his gently, smiling. "If you think I'm strong, you should meet my mother." She said with a grin, if that day ever came her mother would absolutely eat him up, the Weste women were very particular in their taste of men and Chase would not be an exception.
As he took her hand, Anna's breath stuttered and she looked back at Chase with a shy smile, turning her hand in his and squeezing his much larger one gently.
"My ego could use a few knocks I'm sure, but I'll survive." She responded playfully, a smile tugging at her lips. "This has certainly been a much better evening. A fresh start of sorts, we'll say." She added, tilting her head as she stared down into her wine glass with a genuine smile, her emerald eyes casting back up to look at his from under her lashes. They were immediately drawn to his wet lips, and Anna felt her smile wavering and a hot blush creeping up her neck as more sexually charged images flooded her mind.
She picked up her wine and took another drink, trying to clear her mind. But as he moved to remove his coat she had no such luck. Her eyes wandered along their merry way down his toned torso, his sculpted muscles filling out the shirt and leave very little to the imagination. She had been so distracted that as she put her wine back onto the table, she had missed the edge by just so much and the glass went tumbling into her lap - and more embarrassingly, onto her dress.
She gasped as the mauve liquid clashed with the gold of her dress, the sticky wine dripping on her thighs. "Oh my...I'm...how silly of me..." She muttered to herself, her blush deepening as she grabbed her napkin to try and dab the stain but it wouldn't have it.

He bit his lip as the drink cascaded to her dress, he didn't smile as it would be rude to laugh at her misfortune and he slowly stood up, before the waitress came with their food
"..We'll have to come back another time madame, but thanks for the thought.."
He smiled as he placed a 20 on the table for her tip, not even bothering to eat, he huddled over to Annabelle, offering his coat to help conceal the embarrassing spill as he took her outside
"....Well, a fresh start, and yet a messy encounter."
Finally being able to playfully banter with her out of the eyes of the other patrons, he walked het to her car and stood beside her, smiling as he helped her as his coat fit snugly to her curves, hiding her drenched dress
"..Maybe we should just call it a night and try again some other time?"
He smiled at her as he still stood by her, waiting for a response

Annabelle cursed herself internally for ruining the mood of such a wonderful night. She was never this clumsy, and she certainly didn't spill drinks on herself! She smiled and apologized profusely to their waitress, both the night and the food a waste. She took the offered coat with a grateful smile and slipped it onto her shoulders, Chase's scent immediately surrounding her and she hugged it closer.
"Honestly, I'm so sorry about this. I'm never this... and we were having such a time!" She complained good naturedly, pouting at their misfortune but still, she'd had a really great night.
"Well, seeing as you ended up picking up the bill this time...I still owe you a thank you dinner, so we'll just have to reschedule." She said, corking a brow at him and giving a flirty smile. She enjoyed their conversation, but she enjoyed their banter much more. Chase seemed to share her sense of humor, and she liked that.
She slipped his coat from her shoulders gingerly, making sure to engrave his scent to her memory. She handed it over to him and smiled embarrassed down at her ruined dress where the wine still stained her thighs and made them sticky.
"Despite my stupidity at the end, I really had a nice time tonight Chase. I'll look forward to our next encounter." She said, slipping into a more sultry and flirtatious tone. She stood closer to him for a minute and looked directly into his eyes, leaning up briefly.
"Good night..." She whispered, low and playful. She knew she was teasing him, but she had to make up for her embarrassment by making sure he'd be thinking about her that night. She bit her lip to hide her smile, stepping and turning away and taking her keys out of her bag.

He closed his eyes as she inched closer, awaiting anything without hesitation, but opened them slowly when his lips were left untouched, her voice sending chills to his spine, his body flustered as she left his coat back into his grasp. He wanted to continue this night, they were hitting it off so well and she was very fun, but her voice, her tone, her closeness, it was almost inviting to the point of insanity So he decided to follow her hints, for if he was going to think of her tonight, no sense in not having her there too.

He reached down, grabbing her other hand in his grasp and smiled, leaning down and with his own low whisper as he ran his hands on her side

"...No sense we can;t continue it tonight..."

All sensible and proper thought short circuited in Anna's mind when Chase leaned down. She knew that she had had an affect on him, but the affect he had on her hit her like a brick when he touched her like that, and lowered his voice. She could hear all the warning bells telling her to cool off and put some distance between them, but she didn't want to. She felt his hand on her side and that was it.
Taking advantage of his leaning position, she grabbed the back of his neck and brought her plump lips to his in a gentle but passionate kiss. She let her fingers play with the hair at the nape of his neck briefly as she teasingly nibbled his lower lip upon pulling away.
She caught her breath before finally opening her eyes, and her grin was mildly mischievous as her eyes sparkled in delight at the look on Chase's face. "Sleep well, Chase." She said breathlessly, and finally lifted herself into her car. She started it up, and cast one last seductive look through the window to Chase before speeding off towards home, dancing in her seat in satisfaction.

He was struck with bewilderment but it was cast away as he gripped her hips, kissing her back and leaning into it, letting out an airy moan when she tugged on his flesh and pulled away, speechless and deaf to her goodbye as he touched his lips with his finger. But as he came to, he grinned, knowing his mutual seduction worked on her. He smiled as he walked to his car, the night was a rousing success as they headed to their perspective homes, laying on the bed of his father's house, he looked up in the ceiling in smug satisfaction. Winning a girl's heart was easy..a woman's interest harder and he seemed to have both under his control as much as she had his. As he stripped to something more comfortable for the night he couldn't help but dream of what could have happened had their rationality gone out the window. And the next morning he had to shower for the mess he made was intense as he dreamt of the passion they could have shared.

Anna made sure to sneak up to her room unseen when she got home, for if her parents saw her they'd think she was intoxicated. Which she supposed wasn't entirely untrue. She had felt intoxicated for the duration of the night, which had lead her to kiss someone she hardly knew.
Anna wasn't innocent by any means, she had been in relationships and she knew the ropes. But for lack of both interest and chase, she'd never actually slept with a man before. She had wanted to, but she'd never felt truly passionate in any of her prior relationships.
Chase was different though. They weren't even dating, and despite that Annabelle wouldn't have minded having her way with him right there in the restaurant. This desire she felt both frightened and excited her, and she tossed and turned in her sleep all night thinking of what was to come from her encounters with Chase.

She'd had to skip her jog once again due to her ankle, though it was making a speedy recovery thanks to the night painkillers she was taking for it, and she was sure she'd be jogging again in no time. Showered and ready to take on the day in a light blue blouse and a high top pencil skirt, Anna's fingers drummed along with the radio as she made her way to the hotel to have lunch with her eldest brother, Mark.
He was waiting for her at their usual table, and he seemed to look troubled. Concerned, Anna made quick work of the distance and sat across from him.
"What's this I hear of you having a boyfriend, Anna?" He asked immediately, and his question wasn't at all what she was expecting. A nervous giggle escaped her, and she brushed it off with a laugh. "Oh, your friend Colin told you did he? Don't bother with it, I only said that because he was coming on too strongly. I wasn't serious. Do you really think I'd date someone Daddy didn't approve of?" She said, forcing herself to sound casual and unconcerned. She wasn't technically lying, because she and Chase both agreed that last night hadn't been a date despite their...farewell.

As his day went by, Chase tried his best not to call Annabelle. Last night was driving him crazy especially after his wet dream but he had to starve himself. After all, it didn't get anywhere with her, so he had a tough time thinking she wanted anything past a date, or even as a date as their first night seemed disastrous but last night was amazing. Their time together was magical, even without touching. They connected in a different level, as people with same interests and enjoyed each other's company. He wanted to talk to her more but his common sense flooded him with no gos and distractions, finally planting himself to the tv as Tootsie joined him.

As the hours passed so did the thought of calling Annabelle, but his phone did flash with a message from his father, stating he would be out of town for a business meeting for a few days. Once again something he wished he was part of but rejection from his father felt good in a sense to him. It was odd, as much as he respected the man he wanted to stay away form private affairs. Their first "Date" was a main example why, it usually got him a bad deal as his father got the rewards. But he played with his phone after the message was relayed, looking at his recent contact: Annabelle.

Lunch with her brother progressed smoothly, and if he'd thought her behavior was strange whenever he brought up relationships he didn't let on. Anna was doing her best to give him her attention, but she couldn't help but keep floating back to her phone. She wanted to message Chase, but she didn't want to seem too eager. She ignored the urge and when they were done with lunch her brother embraced her warmly, kissing the top of her head and telling her he'd talk to her later. She decided to stroll home, not really in a hurry to go much of anywhere and still not sure whether she wanted to message Chase. As she neared the park where they'd first seen each other, an idea popped into her head and she smiled delightedly and heading towards her favorite sushi shop.

She stood before the largest oak tree in the park, located to the east and out of view from the traffic and other park goers. A triumphant smile was on her lips as she looked down on her amateur picnic, the best she could do on such short notice and with little places to still find vintage things like the blanket and basket. She placed the sparkling cider and two glasses down to complete the spread, and snapped a picture. She brought up Chase's contact info and sent the picture his way, attached with a message reading simply "You know where to find me." and taking a seat on the blanket while she waited.

Chase was surprised at her message but smiled at her invitation, a little excited about the thought. But he showered dressed and prepared himself, eager to impress her more as he got ready. His signature jacket hiding a plain tee and loose jeans that weren't tight around him but still showed his firm legs. His shirt may be simple, but he still cleaned up nicely, his hair lacking in gel for natural bangs as he headed to the park.

As he walked up, he smiled at her but couldn't help but blush. Yes he was happy to see her, yes he was relieved she wanted to meet him, but still the eagerness to go further the night before rattled his brain. He wasn;t sure how she thought of him...but that kiss made him crazy, and he wanted another.

Seating himself beside her, he started at some of the sushi rools, chewing slowly and smiled at her

"This was a great idea Annabelle, lovely evening and great food."

At this point, Anna was certain that Chase would look absolutely drop dead sexy in no matter what he wore, and she was absolutely okay with what he was wearing today. Sitting up from where her arms had been bracing her weight as she stretched her legs out and basked in the cool breeze and fading sunlight, she smiled warmly to Chase as he sat to join her. He looked just as content to be in her company as she was to be in his, and this made her hopeful that everything that had happened last night wasn't just one-sided attraction. She poured them both cider and handed him a flute, taking a roll and munching on it happily.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself...but can I be honest?" She asked, sitting up a little more and turning towards him. Suddenly she felt shy, and she picked at the hem of her skirt to distract herself. "Last night...and the kiss...was that just me? I mean, I know we started off on the strangest of terms, and they went from bad to worse but I just feel really comfortable with you, and I'll be the first to say I'm very attracted to you but I don't know what you're thinking and I just wanted to...ask. Aaaand now I'm rambling. I'm sorry." She said, almost all in one breath and blushing a little. She was looking anywhere but his eyes now, feeling dumb for being so forward last night to resort to some kind of foolish child. Chase brought out a shy side of herself she wasn't used to, but he also drove her so crazy in so many ways and the conflicting emotions were starting to get to her.

As he listened to her come out, he blushed and put down his drink, then at her hand, slowly reaching towards it, his fingers encasing hers as he looks at her face

"..Annabelle...no...the feelings were indeed mutual..I do think you are a gorgeous and funny character, and I loved the kiss last night. In fact I was hoping to continue that kiss, but you drove off, leaving me in a daze. You're the first lady that left me speechless ever since that one night, and damn...you're just amazing, and hot..and....Now I'm rambling.."
he chuckled and parted his bangs a bit from his temple

"What I mean to say is....I admire you.."

As Anna listened to his words, her smile grew more and more until she was beaming at him, squeezing his hand gently as it held her own. She had never felt so relieved to hear someone else's rambling and she couldn't help but chuckle lightly when he'd stopped talking. Him mentioning the kiss brought the memories back to her and she wanted to go back to that moment and not drive away, though she had to admit knowing she'd affected him that much definitely did wonders for her confidence. She smiled at him playfully, getting to her knees slowly and looking at him with mischief in her eyes.

"Well, I do seem to have that kind of...affect on people, you see..." She murmured softly, biting her lip in slight hesitation before abandoning her better judgement and leaning down to gently place her lips against his own. She brought her hand up to the back of his neck just like she had the night before, only this time she didn't have the will power to deny him more. She straddled his lap as their kiss deepened, starting to feel light headed from the need for oxygen but not wanting to break the kiss.

he joined her, knowing when it was coming and closed his eyes, kissing her back in the frenzy of passion gripping her legs that were beside his as she straddled. He felt hot, turning a slight rosy in the cheeks at this movement but melted in her kiss, not wanting it to end, he ran his hands up her backside to her back to hold her close, pressing their chests together. But as they kissed, he looked around as other's looked on in bafflement, afterall they were still in public, and reluctantly, broke the kiss, panting

".,.Annabelle....I..think we shoudl...change our venue...form wandering eyes..."