A Keyboard Could Rule the World

• Thread starter Jairyn F'ay SunSworn
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jairyn F'ay SunSworn

Original poster
Good morning, you adventurous wordweavers and hopefully soon to be comrades-in-tales. I'm Jai, and I write stuff.

Yup.

Favorite hobby is writing and I still hate these kinds of threads. Go figure, huh? Probably because I'd make for a very boring story character. Good thing I was given a list.

What do you prefer to be called?: Jai.

Boy, girl, or a mystery?: I'm genderqueer and proud! Neutrois, in fact.

How old are you?: 19.

Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying?: Correct. I have almost three years of roleplay experience, and a solid five of writing as a hobby in general.

Do you like group Roleplays or just a single partner?: I prefer single partner over groups because while I am patient enough for extravagant turns with painstaking detail...I'm simply not patient enough to wait for that five times over!

Sunshine and beaches or shade and air-conditioning?: What about shades and beaches, hmm? A rainy Summer's day on the beach is fun. What about a chilly evergreen forest, HMM? You're not imaginative enough. However, if the choice is strictly the one posed in the question, I will take my air conditioned room.

SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind?: I've never heard a more beautiful suite than Ghost Love Score by Nightwish.

And I suppose a background is nice. When I was younger, I read a lot. A lot. I once read an entire novel in one day. I also played a lot of games (still somewhat of a gamer), so I began to combine those two favorite hobbies and began to write fanfiction (no one will ever read it, thank god). I never bothered to share any of my earliest writings as I was far too shy, but I did have an active interest in improving, and I improve I did.

Eventually I tumbled into one of those lovely roleplay servers on an MMORPG and this introduced me to the concept. I became hooked on it, pretty much addicted. I obsessed over it, sure to maintain an absolutely pristine character page and be an exemplary player. The nature of the platform was a very mixed bag of quality but I did chance upon a good handful of people that helped propel my writing abilities further along. By the end, I learned the difference between roleplay and collaborative storycraft. Of course, this is a roleplay site, but it's very quality oriented, so in my mind it definitely falls into the latter.

Fresh off a few years of keyboard adventures from that server, I suppose you could say I "graduated". The level at which I wish to write is no longer supplied by that sentimental server, and the mentors whom were already the outliers of that server have moved on as well. That's why I'm here (and other places), exploring further avenues. In fact, when I'm done typing this up, I'll be back to correcting posts on 8-Lang.

I very much look forward to some splendiferously cooperative talesmithing with you lovely writers here!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hello @Jairyn F'ay SunSworn welcome to Iwaku. We are happy to have you and if you need any help at all feel free to tag me with your inquiries :)

Nice to meet you. ^_^ I'm new here too, maybe we can RP together one day.

Hello Jai! Welcome to Iwaku. Nice introduction you have here. It does a good job of introducing. You have some nice phrasings going on here, too. Like the thread title. I like that. If you need any help around Iwaku you can always send a message my way. Happy roleplaying!

P.S. Nightwish is great and you can also message me if you want to talk about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.