a Hope, a Dream, in ways you've never Seen

Zail smiled, running through the doors to the school. 8:19.

"Almost there, you can make it." Akara said encouragingly.

Light dissapers so no one could see her but she was there. "let do this"

Zail grabbed onto the doornob of his first period class.
RIIIIIIIIIING!!!
Zail tried to open the door, but it was already locked. He sat down by the door in defeat.

Akara narrowed her eyes. "I could act like your mom, make an excuse." She said, kneeling down beside him and thinking of ways to get him in without him being in trouble.

"They already know my mom..." He said softly, burying his face into his knees.

Akara nodded sullenly. "Do you want a hug?" She asked softly.

"I-It's fine..." He said softly, putting his hoodie on. It was his "tell" for when he felt insecure.

Akara shook her head, wrapping him into a small hug. "It's okay, it'll all be okay." she whispered in his ear.

Zail nuzzled against her a little, enjoying it. "o-okay..." he mumbled.

Akara nodded, running a hand gently in his brushed hair, careful not to mess it up. "Have you ever been late before, Zail?" she asked nicely.

"A-a few times..." he replied, sniffling. He felt horrible for being late again.

Akara nodded again. "Okay. It's okay." Her voice was light and understanding as she tried to calm Zail. She thought of ways to change his position in the school's attendance record.

Zail sniffled again, trying to keep the dam of tears strong, but it was obvious to him that the dam was weakening. It could break any second now...

Akara closed her eyes, thinking while comforting Zail. "Well, you could be sick, Zail. Then you wouldn't have to go to school today." she said quietly.

Zail looked up at here, tears starting to form. "B-But my mom... wouldn't she know?"

Akara shook her head. "She left before you woke up, right? She wouldn't know." She asked, cradling his head gently in her hands.

Akara smiled a little, nodding. "Right. So why don't we just go back home, and I'll set everything up, okay? You won't have to worry about a thing."

Zail nodded, wiping the tears out of his eyes. "Th-Thank you, Akara..."