A Hidden World Case File: The Fringes - IC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aditi hm'd for a moment, still pacing about in the tiny room. Stay here and make dinner, or go out and get free dinner. The latter was always going to win. "Dinner sounds great to me," she told Cassandra. She sounded excited, even if she tried to tone it down.

"Guess you'll want me to come right away, huh? Oh, er, is there a dress code?" She hardly wanted to arrive under or over dressed.

@Michale CS
"No. It's a hotel. But the restaurant is three star, so I suggest dressing like you're going to a nice restaurant?" Cassandra replied, with a little chuckle. "I'll see you there."

She hung up without another word and headed to the hotel.

@Greenie

"No. It's a hotel. But the restaurant is three star, so I suggest dressing like you're going to a nice restaurant?" Cassandra replied, with a little chuckle. "I'll see you there."

She hung up without another word and headed to the hotel.

@Greenie
It took Aditi about half an hour to reach the hotel that Cassandra mentioned, mostly because she couldn't decide what to wear. Finally changing into a long sleeve blue blouse and a black skirt, she called for the cab. She had her hair up and ready by the time her cab came, and ten minutes later she was on her way.

"Hm... fancy," she murmured to herself as she stepped into the restaurant, looking around, hoping to catch sight of her contact first. Or the bar, whichever showed itself to her first. She wasn't really a fussy sort.​

She was a cute little thing. A blonde waif of a girl, shy and demure. Between that and my mild hunger, I mentally whacked my primal side with a newspaper and made it sit in the corner. To her, I held out a hand to assist her.

"I'm sorry, I should have known where-"

Wait a minute.

I knew her.

Or rather, of her. I smiled, in recognition as I snapped my fingers.

"You're that girl from that old case! The one who solved it with that wizard! Um- Aria- No, wait I know...Aralyn. Right? We've never met, but I know who you are."

It was rare to meet a truly altruistic being, more so in the Moonlit World. She was special, if only for the rarity value.

@Hospes @Michale CS

He was.. Apologizing? That wasn't quite right. At least, in Aralyn's mind. It was her nature to blame herself, as such a meek and humble being. "No, really, i-it was my faul.." she started, only to be surprised when the male snapped his fingers and smiled at her. Uncertainty flooded her, and she felt concern and slight fear bubble up in her. Whatever was coming, she was unsure of - and that inspired deep fear. Even mythical beings- at least, of the blonde's nature -could be afraid of the unknown, it seemed. However, her concern dialed down quite a bit when he spoke again.

Despite feeling a bit less afraid at the mention, Aralyn still felt worried. Had she been so easily discovered by yet another human? Or was he supernatural? Was there really much info on her solely because of the work she and Ella had done? Trying to brush away those thoughts, the blonde mustered a very weak and sheepish smile, unsure what else to do. "Y-yeah.. It's Aralyn," she confirmed, softly. "Um, if I may ask... How do you know that?" she asked, doing her best to keep her voice steady and any trace of a stutter at bay.

Staring at the outstretched hand for a moment, Aralyn seemed to hesitate, seeming rather unsure. After all, kind gestures were still a bit foreign to her - not that she minded. They were a refreshing change of pace from being pelted with whatever random objects were on hand, after all. After a long pause, she slowly took his hand, climbing to her feet before bowing her head slightly. "Th-thanks, Mr..." she trailed off, unsure of just who the man was.

@Saint Guillotine

It took Aditi about half an hour to reach the hotel that Cassandra mentioned, mostly because she couldn't decide what to wear. Finally changing into a long sleeve blue blouse and a black skirt, she called for the cab. She had her hair up and ready by the time her cab came, and ten minutes later she was on her way.

"Hm... fancy," she murmured to herself as she stepped into the restaurant, looking around, hoping to catch sight of her contact first. Or the bar, whichever showed itself to her first. She wasn't really a fussy sort.​
She managed to find both at the same time, as it were. Cassandra was already there, and preparing to converse with another woman, who was one of the last people to see the victim alive, one Bellavarna Telithela Narin. Cassandra really hoped the woman would be okay going by "Bell" - that was a mouthful to say. Well, she'd just call her Miss Narin for now.

"Miss Narin, I'm glad you agreed to meet with me. I've got a few- Oh, could you excuse me just one moment? Another consultant just walked in and I need to let them know to hold on until our interview is done."

With that, Cassandra went over to Aditi, shook her hand and asked, "Could you wait a few minutes? I finally tracked down a potential witness and I want to talk to her prior, so I'll have more information to go on. After I'm done, if you have further questions, and she agrees to it, you can question her too. All right?"

@Greenie
@Ellisra

She managed to find both at the same time, as it were. Cassandra was already there, and preparing to converse with another woman, who was one of the last people to see the victim alive, one Bellavarna Telithela Narin. Cassandra really hoped the woman would be okay going by "Bell" - that was a mouthful to say. Well, she'd just call her Miss Narin for now.

"Miss Narin, I'm glad you agreed to meet with me. I've got a few- Oh, could you excuse me just one moment? Another consultant just walked in and I need to let them know to hold on until our interview is done."

With that, Cassandra went over to Aditi, shook her hand and asked, "Could you wait a few minutes? I finally tracked down a potential witness and I want to talk to her prior, so I'll have more information to go on. After I'm done, if you have further questions, and she agrees to it, you can question her too. All right?"

@Greenie
@Ellisra
~Bell nodded in agreement to waiting as she sat with a proper posture while Cassandra went to talk with the new individual who'd just walked in. While waiting, she pondered what she'd like to make for dinner tonight. That train of thought was quickly shoved aside by the memory Cassandra was so interested in. Watching Cassandra with inquisitive eyes.~

~Bell nodded in agreement to waiting as she sat with a proper posture while Cassandra went to talk with the new individual who'd just walked in. While waiting, she pondered what she'd like to make for dinner tonight. That train of thought was quickly shoved aside by the memory Cassandra was so interested in. Watching Cassandra with inquisitive eyes.~
Cassandra didn't even wait for Aditi's response, returning to Bell's side. "Please, have a seat. As I said on the phone, I have a few questions for you regarding a man you may have seen a few days ago here at the hotel. Thank you for meeting with me."

Presuming she followed, Cassandra moved to a booth and produced a picture of the man in question - from his byline at the paper, so it was a few months old, but still recognizable as the man in question. "Is this the man you saw, Miss Narin?"

@Ellisra

Cassandra didn't even wait for Aditi's response, returning to Bell's side. "Please, have a seat. As I said on the phone, I have a few questions for you regarding a man you may have seen a few days ago here at the hotel. Thank you for meeting with me."

Presuming she followed, Cassandra moved to a booth and produced a picture of the man in question - from his byline at the paper, so it was a few months old, but still recognizable as the man in question. "Is this the man you saw, Miss Narin?"

@Ellisra
~Taking the image in her hand, she'd examine it closely for a few seconds before gently placing it on the table.~ "Yes. He seemed adamant about making sure that others remembered him. Not exactly in a good way mind you." ~She cleared her throat a bit.~ "He didn't seem like the kind of sort who enjoyed a humble life, or an honest one for that matter." ~Staring into Cassandra's gaze as she spoke, she seemed curious about what really had happened.~ "The news gave very little information, either that or I didn't pay attention long enough to understand it all. What exactly happened to him? That is if I can ask such a question."

~Taking the image in her hand, she'd examine it closely for a few seconds before gently placing it on the table.~ "Yes. He seemed adamant about making sure that others remembered him. Not exactly in a good way mind you." ~She cleared her throat a bit.~ "He didn't seem like the kind of sort who enjoyed a humble life, or an honest one for that matter." ~Staring into Cassandra's gaze as she spoke, she seemed curious about what really had happened.~ "The news gave very little information, either that or I didn't pay attention long enough to understand it all. What exactly happened to him? That is if I can ask such a question."
"It's an ongoing investigation, but I can imagine you can guess. He's died, under unusual circumstances. We're not sure if it's not an accident yet, but if we were sure it was an accident, I wouldn't be here. Did he say or do anything, unusual, while he was here, Miss Narin? Anything could help..."

@Ellisra

"It's an ongoing investigation, but I can imagine you can guess. He's died, under unusual circumstances. We're not sure if it's not an accident yet, but if we were sure it was an accident, I wouldn't be here. Did he say or do anything, unusual, while he was here, Miss Narin? Anything could help..."

@Ellisra
"Well, he had a small group of people around him and he was bragging about how he'd found the greatest scoop of his career. He seemed positive that what he'd caught onto was enough to risk his credibility for. That was about all I heard from him before I returned to my master's side. I didn't see him any more that entire day." ~Tapping the table they were sitting at light with a single finger, she'd ask what was on her mind.~ "What do you think happened to him? Where did you find him?"

"Well, he had a small group of people around him and he was bragging about how he'd found the greatest scoop of his career. He seemed positive that what he'd caught onto was enough to risk his credibility for. That was about all I heard from him before I returned to my master's side. I didn't see him any more that entire day." ~Tapping the table they were sitting at light with a single finger, she'd ask what was on her mind.~ "What do you think happened to him? Where did you find him?"
"I'm not sure you're authorized to know that, Miss Narin. Unless you've some expertise to offer as a consultant to DPD, I'm afraid I cannot disclose details. And given that we're unlikely to need your particular kind of cleaning services, I somewhat doubt that's going to happen." Cassandra got up, and turned, then turned back.

"Why the interest? Were you more attached perhaps to him than you let on? Or are you one of those armchair sleuths?" The inspector asked, looking very carefully at Bell.

@Ellisra

"I'm not sure you're authorized to know that, Miss Narin. Unless you've some expertise to offer as a consultant to DPD, I'm afraid I cannot disclose details. And given that we're unlikely to need your particular kind of cleaning services, I somewhat doubt that's going to happen." Cassandra got up, and turned, then turned back.

"Why the interest? Were you more attached perhaps to him than you let on? Or are you one of those armchair sleuths?" The inspector asked, looking very carefully at Bell.

@Ellisra
"I ask purely because he was in the same building as a few other individuals whom I've already gathered were observing me in a non friendly manner. The possibility that he could have been caught up in something related to my own business isn't very likely, but the possibility is still there. If he didn't expire due to anything I may have inadvertently caused..." ~She paused and took a breath.~ "Never mind. I think I may have spoken quite enough about myself." ~Realizing she'd potentially given this inspector a reason to question her about her secondary line of work, she sought to end the conversation. Though she was still quite curious about how that journalist met his fate.~ "Why, don't you leave me a means of contacting you. Just in case you have more questions about that evening he was here." ~Bell's demeanor and manner of speaking changed slightly as she was no longer emotionally curious like she was just a moment ago. She was now cold and seemed rather uninterested. Of course that was furthest from the truth at this point.~

"I ask purely because he was in the same building as a few other individuals whom I've already gathered were observing me in a non friendly manner. The possibility that he could have been caught up in something related to my own business isn't very likely, but the possibility is still there. If he didn't expire due to anything I may have inadvertently caused..." ~She paused and took a breath.~ "Never mind. I think I may have spoken quite enough about myself." ~Realizing she'd potentially given this inspector a reason to question her about her secondary line of work, she sought to end the conversation. Though she was still quite curious about how that journalist met his fate.~ "Why, don't you leave me a means of contacting you. Just in case you have more questions about that evening he was here." ~Bell's demeanor and manner of speaking changed slightly as she was no longer emotionally curious like she was just a moment ago. She was now cold and seemed rather uninterested. Of course that was furthest from the truth at this point.~
Cassandra wasn't fooled by this. The woman was obviously more than just a maid. She didn't let on. It tended to disturb people when she made her almost supernatural observations. She was good. This woman was schooled in keeping her feelings to herself, despite her slight slip up.

"Well, I hope you aren't involved in this any further. You will stay within the county, won't you, until this is resolved? I'd hate for this to be anything but civil, Miss Narin. Here's my card." She slipped her card which had her work and cell numbers on it, to Bell, then stood, moving over to talk to Aditi next.

@Greenie

Cassandra wasn't fooled by this. The woman was obviously more than just a maid. She didn't let on. It tended to disturb people when she made her almost supernatural observations. She was good. This woman was schooled in keeping her feelings to herself, despite her slight slip up.

"Well, I hope you aren't involved in this any further. You will stay within the county, won't you, until this is resolved? I'd hate for this to be anything but civil, Miss Narin. Here's my card." She slipped her card which had her work and cell numbers on it, to Bell, then stood, moving over to talk to Aditi next.

@Greenie
"Don't worry. I won't be going anywhere." ~Anywhere too far that is. While she was sure that she'd at least partially covered her tracks as to what she was truly capable of, she wasn't so foolish as to think that she had completely fooled the detective.~ "I'll be returning to my master now. The both of you have a nice day." ~Providing a polite gesture as she stood up, she'd head straight upstairs to her master's current room. Though seeing as how his business in this town was nearly over, she wouldn't be capable of staying for too much longer. But something was telling her, that things were going to be getting a bit more interesting before that even happened and that she was going to have at least one more role to play in all of this before it was over. Though it was just her intuition telling her this, and intuition has been wrong before.~

Aditi gave Cassandra a grin and a salute when she told her to wait a few minutes. So, whilst the detective was questioning the witness, the self proclaimed fortune teller sat down at a nearby table, looking over a menu, pretending to be paying attention to anywhere else but at the other two. However, she wouldn't have been good at her job if she didn't pick up little details. Sure, she was no Sherlock Holmes, but she wasn't too horrible either.

For the most part, she was using her ability, sifting through the many feelings and emotions in the room to focus on the girl that Cassandra was talking to. Curiosity for the most part, it seemed. Hm... There was also something else there, but it was hard for Aditi to put an actual word to it. Never mind, I'll find out what's up soon enough.

With that, she ordered a sparkling water and waited for Cassandra, smiling when she returned. "Hey," she greeted.

@Michale CS

For the most part, she was using her ability, sifting through the many feelings and emotions in the room to focus on the girl that Cassandra was talking to. Curiosity for the most part, it seemed. Hm... There was also something else there, but it was hard for Aditi to put an actual word to it. Never mind, I'll find out what's up soon enough.

With that, she ordered a sparkling water and waited for Cassandra, smiling when she returned. "Hey," she greeted.
"So... This is the thing. A man turned up dead, and while on the face of it, it looked like an accident, further investigation is throwing some doubts on that. What I'm about to show you is part of an ongoing investigation and divulging it would be pretty close to inviting an Obstruction of Justice charge." Cassandra then smiled slightly.

"Sorry, had to get the legal stuff out of the way. Anyway, here's a photo of the damage to the back of the vic's head that we can't quite explain, and here... is a short cell phone video, shot about the same time as his death. I'm hoping you can get some sort of feeling or read on these things that standard methods can't."

@Greenie

Status
Not open for further replies.