A Hesitant Greeting. [New to the site, not to roleplaying.]

S

smokedguts

Original poster
I'm usually not at all eager to read through rules, faqs, or introduce myself... However, the more I read about Iwaku the more eager I am to participate. Practically everything about this site from the laid back nature, age groups, rules, and just the general allowance of nsfw content is really what I've wanted in a roleplaying site for years.

So, hello, and props to the owners and admins of this site.

I do still hate introductions, so I'll keep this relatively brief whilst still covering more than enough.

I'm a queer male (/nonbinary. It's complicated.) from the UK with a horrendous sleep pattern leaving me practically nocturnal. I'm 18, soon to be 19, and I'm just here to write. I have a large preference for writing canon characters in fictional universes I'm already familiar with, I enjoy world building and lore and headcanons more than I can really express. I love angst, grit, forced cooperation, just give me anything gritty or dark with a padded out plot we've fleshed out before hand and I'll absolutely be devoted to our rp. I'm also becoming increasingly interested in making my own characters and worlds to go along with them.

I suppose a few other titbits about me are that I love learning (teach me things, please), language (English and others), coding, history, fashion, grammar (geek, I know. Though I am a descriptivist, so you'll hardly get judgement from me about grammar unless you ask. And, yes, I am in favour of the Oxford comma), as well as a few other things. I have some physical and mental issues, they're irritating, they get in the way sometimes, but hardly. Sometimes writing takes too much energy for me to do, but not that often.

The last thing I find noteworthy is that I am pretty blunt, have a dry and sarcastic sense of humour, and I'm aware that I occasionally rub people up the wrong way because of that. If you happen to stumble upon this and either are interacting with me or want to, I just ask one thing of you: that you communicate. Just ask if you have a problem with something, if it's a mild annoyance or upset you in a more pressing way for the love of god just tell me so that I can address it, explain it if needs be, apologise, and we can move on. I'll also do the same for you, things are just so much easier to deal with when they're out in the open.

If you happen to have read through this then hello to you, and thanks for your time. I will most likely edit this at some point to condense it because I really can't stand talking about myself like this, but I felt it at least showed that I'm enthusiastic about the site.

Au revoir.

Hello Hello! And welcome to Iwaku. Your introduction is quirky and honestly, fun to read.
I do hope that you will enjoy your time here and find a roleplay that will suit your need! ♥
If you ever need help, or a friend, feel free to drop by my pm!

P.S: I am in favour of the Oxford Comma as well. I also love coding and Grammar. u///u

• Thank You
Reactions: smokedguts
Such a lovely introduction that you have here and hope you find exactly what you're looking for here!

• Thank You
Reactions: smokedguts
Hello Hello! And welcome to Iwaku. Your introduction is quirky and honestly, fun to read.
I do hope that you will enjoy your time here and find a roleplay that will suit your need! ♥
If you ever need help, or a friend, feel free to drop by my pm!

P.S: I am in favour of the Oxford Comma as well. I also love coding and Grammar. u///u
Such a lovely introduction that you have here and hope you find exactly what you're looking for here!

Thank you to both of you ✨

• Thank You
Reactions: iridescent