A Hero's Calling OOC -Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be ok with one more player. I have never lead an rp like this before. I do not want to over extend my abilities. What do the rest of you think? Do you have someone in mind?

I dont really mind. An extra player shouldnt hurt.

Selgad
Don't forget your heirloom!
Racial Bonus: +15 Magic, +5 Herbalism

Gear: pristine red robes with a set of hoods-finely made by wizard apprentices with endless folds that hide numerous pouches[no one's ever really going to know how many there are so there's no point assigning a number] which contain spell components
wool-padded leather boots
A staff of bronze that has many interesting areas of detail and craftsmanship [I'll leave that detail to you]
Small leather satchel [the size of a big purse]

Abilities [you may rename them if you wish]
Magic: lvl1 -will make you feel like you just worked out after casting-
Wisp {summons a wisp of pure energy to light his path, will last til dismissed}
Stone Fist {a projectile of rock the size of a basketball is launched at a target at high speed}​
lvl2 -will make you tired-
Read {will identify magical qualities in an item; power level, alignment, occasional insight into what item does}
Web {sticky webs shoot from caster's fingertips to entangle two men}​
lvl3 -whipped! casting a lot of spells in succession can lead to black outs-
Disenchant {can eradicate all magic against a target except very high level spells}
Sleep {can put an average-sized target to sleep, duration varies but will always last at least a few hours}​
Herbalism: lvl1 -has the knowledge to gather spell components and create low level potions and poultices;
Ink to write out spells, Balm to protect from burns, Confusion poison
*Use your sound judgment on woodlore. You're lvl1 so you don't know everything.

Aragon
Racial Bonus: +5 One-handed, +10 Shields, +5 Hand-to-Hand
Gear additions: chainmail shirt
Dwarven Round Shield- heavy wooden shield with a steel ring around the outside and a steel bowl [6" diameter] in the center, appearance of your choosing

Abilities [feel free to rename them]
One-handed Weapons: lvl1 -effectively wield a any weapon in your dominant hand though your accuracy is scowl-worthy and you tire quickly
lvl2 -Your accuracy has improved and fatigue reduced. You now understand how to fight two people at the same time.
lvl3 -Your are becoming much more accurate landing most of your attacks. Your sword arm is strong and only wears down near the end of true tests, not dueling the local drunks for coin. You can now Parry attacks.
Hand-to-Hand: lvl1 -you can scrap with your average soldier
lvl2 -a true grappler; can now bash two smaller opponents'[like Goblins] heads together
Shields: lvl1 -You can use your shield to prevent flanking which raises the number of combatants you can face +1
lv2 -you can use your shield to bash an opponent

Lyuba
Abilities
Deft Hands: lvl1 -can pick any common lock; can loot drunk, sleeping or distracted targets
lvl2 -can handle tougher locks [cheap safes, lock boxes, low-level jail cells and official buildings, etc]; can loot more aware targets [people shopping at a cart, someone walking down the street, a man trying to get more than a hug]
Street Smarts: lvl1 -you know enough to not be taken by scams, can find your way around most cities and can look down a street and judge whether it's safe to walk down
lvl2 -understand street politics and can adapt quickly, can spot hidden doorways and now have low level notoriety with Thieves' Guild*
One-handed Weapons: lvl1 -effectively wield a any weapon in your dominant hand though your accuracy is scowl-worthy and you tire quickly
Music: lvl1 -drunks might pay for a song but you know a few melodies than can soothe the downtrodden or embolden disheartened men

*The Thieves' Guild has a presence in every major city and some smaller ones. They have access to pretty much anything including safe routes in and out of everywhere.

Aeser
Abilities
Archery: lvl1 -you can fire a bow with consistency though the Merry Men probably won't ask you for help
lvl2 -you're accuracy and precision have improved but only if you're undisturbed
lvl3 -Melee Archer! -you can fire arrows amidst small chaos, bobbing and weaving to avoid swords and claws does not cause your aim to suffer
One-handed Weapons: lvl1 -effectively wield a any weapon* in your dominant hand though your accuracy is scowl-worthy and you tire quickly
lvl2 -Your accuracy has improved and fatigue reduced. You now understand how to fight two people at the same time.
Woodlore: at lvl2, you can find your way through most terrain, spot poisonous plants in some regions[those closest to home], build fires with most anything and understand that some animals aren't worth agitating

*An arrow can be a one-handed weapon

I think that everyone is set. Yesh?

Let me know if I missed anything. It's be awesome to have the IC up this week. Also, I was thinking of creating a separate thread to track XP, item & money gains/transactions. Either that or at the top/bottom* of every post, each player tracks their own progress and I can just state gains** which can be added for the next post.

*Archery -55, Education -25, Hand-to-Hand -40; 17 steel
**+10 Education, +3 steel

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I just realized that I got carried away with bonuses. No biggie but I didn't follow my own racial guidelines. Everything marked racial bonus will now be known as a starting bonus. :-D that way I don't have to change a ton of stuff.

Well hello and how do you do? First, I was asked by Warrior to introduce myself before hand. If you're all okay with it Warrior says I can join. Although I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post I've been busy as it has been the 4th of July week and weekend, wedding that I was to attend and all that jazz as well; that's personal and has nothing to do with this RP but this is my reason for not being here FAR sooner. I'm interested in this and I would rather like to know if others would be okay with me joining a little late? Your responses will determine if I play this game or not; although I would really love to play.

Why wouldn't you be able to join? Its not like we exactly started, as long as your CS doesn't take years I have no problems.

I second what Gypsy said

So. My Abilities, is my Archery Lvl 3, One-Handed Lvl 2 and Woodlore lvl 2? Or are those the levels it can go up to ><

Urdnot Grunt said:
So. My Abilities, is my Archery Lvl 3, One-Handed Lvl 2 and Woodlore lvl 2? Or are those the levels it can go up to ><

3, 2, 2 are your current levels. I listed the lower levels because I think it's important to see how the skills progress.

• Thank You
Reactions: Artorias
Ahh. That is what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up!

Hey WarriorHeart can you PM me what you mean by "...and now how low level notoriety with Thieves' Guild*" So I know we are on the same page.

It's now have low level notoriety. I made a * note.

Basically, your skills have begun to gain notice. It's like having friends in low places and will improve as time goes on...

Makes sense now. Thanks~

Name: Riniel Kevalithar

Commonly Called: Rini

Sex: Female

Height: 5'7

Weight: 120

Race: Silvanesti Elf

Personality: as a Silvanesti elf she believes many of the other races to be below her, she is quiet, but if she speaks she is snide and often says "I'll help you, just because I'm bored." She's earnestly a very nice elf, but being raised as she has she still has the rooted belief that she is above the others. She can be cold sometimes, though this is simply her keep her distance from the races below her, after all if other Silvanesti found out she would be ridiculed the rest of her days. One of the times she is earnestly sweet and kind is when she plays music, or weaves her healing spells, the kindness is needed to weave the spells properly.

Class: Priestess

Profession: Doctor she does Bard things on the side as well.

Appearance: ElfWoman.jpg

Equipment: White Dress
White Hooded Traveling Cloak
Soft Leather Boots
Long White Gloves
Silver Medallion of Mishakal
Heavy Wool Pack, not really big or anything, similar to a large purse
White Wood Staff, the end is a bit large and has rune like carvings on it.

Heirloom: a Violin and a choker from her mother that has large sapphire set into it.

Background: When dealing with her own people she's always been very kind, even after some of the other races get to know her she's 'friendly' or as friendly as a Silvanesti can be to the races below her. She treats most of them like 'pets' almost, feeling like she needs to care for them or they'll die, that's what inspired her to pursue being a Priestess. She was always a natural with magic so it the feeling of using magic comes to her easily. Although if she uses her powerful spells too much she can grow weary and weak, left defensless. Riniel has always loved music, it's the only time you hear her voice really, when she plays her violin and sings, and she's been singing since she was a mere little child. Her mother always encouraged her to do her best in what she loves, and what she loves is healing people and music.

There is a darker side to this usually bright elf though, she was forced to watch her mother die before her eyes because of Nomadic humans when they dared to leave their home for a short time in search of some trade items. As a result she hates humans of all kinds. Although she can do them no harm it wouldn't stop her from wishing harm upon them if she met one. She's been in Silvanos all her life except the one day when her mother died.

Skills: Magic (40), Music (35), Herbalism (25)

Abilities:
Start Bonus: +20 Magic

Herbalism: lvl1 -has the knowledge to gather spell components and create low level potions and poultices;
Heal minor wounds, get rid of headaches & body aches, restore strength & energy
Music: lvl1 -drunks might pay for a song but you know a few melodies than can soothe the downtrodden or embolden disheartened men
lvl2 -your voice is better than average and your playing skills are entertaining. You're good enough to play at small taverns for some coin.
Heal {able to mend small lacerations, deep bruises, torn/strained muscles, sprained joints (NA w/eyes & ears)}
Punish {weighs down a target reducing movement & attack speed}
Heal {able to fix deep wounds (non-fatal), broken and dislocated bones, minor illnesses(NA w/eyes & ears)}
Inner Fire {sends a wave of light into a friendly target that mildly increases strength, speed and energy for 1 minute}
Heal {can heal internal damage to organs (except brain & heart), mend eye and ear damage}
Smite {sends a ball of light at a target at a high rate of speed (size & impact of a bowling ball), also drains target of some energy & strength}

Last edited by a moderator:
Rini
While I can't assign starting bonus or abilities for your skills, I can get you set up with some gear.
White robes/dress -I'll leave the details up to you.
White hooded traveling cloak
Soft leather boots
Long white gloves
Silver medallion of Mishakal
Heavy wool pack [size of a large purse]
White wood staff; plain wish ornate carving on top [customize as you see fit, as a cleric you need something. It could even be the size of a baton if you so choose.]

EVERYBODY

General Info:
Wiki on Dragonlance Dieties - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dragonlance_deities
Map of the region - http://noryl.tripod.com/east_north_central_ansalon.jpg
Wiki on Kalaman [starting point of RP] - http://dragonlancenexus.com/lexicon/index.php?title=Kalaman

World Climate/Character Notes:
Silvanesti and Qualinesti elves do not get along but have a mutual, cold respect.
All elves would deem any cleric or wizard who wore anything but white robes as essentially evil.
Magic-users are not very popular in general.
Racial tensions are high.
There is little knowledge or belief in the Gods anymore.
Adventurers, such as yourselves, will often get dirty looks and children scooted the other way by their mothers.
Guards, officials and militia will pay you extra attention.

REPOST:
I was thinking of creating a separate thread to track XP, item & money gains/transactions. Either that or at the top/bottom* of every post, each player tracks their own progress and I can just state gains** which can be added for the next post.

*Archery -55, Education -25, Hand-to-Hand -40; 17 steel
**+10 Education, +3 steel

What do you guys think?

I am getting excited. Now that you have a healer in the group, I have installed a few more hiccups in your journey. >:D

Once we polish off a few more details, it's gonna be EPIC![/spoiler]

I was originally gonna go with an archer but it was taken and a healer seemed like fun... But erm...why am I worried now? <.<'

Anyway, quick question, so I can maybe list her...un starting skills? Maybe...or something like that anyway...I'm just a little confused. What's the basis for these skills at a basic level...?

I have begun a rough draft of the IC thread. It will be up this weekend, possibly even tomorrow.

Rini
Abilities

lvl2 -your voice is better than average and your playing skills are entertaining. You're good enough to play at small taverns for some coin.
Heal {able to mend small lacerations, deep bruises, torn/strained muscles, sprained joints (NA w/eyes & ears)}
Punish {weighs down a target reducing movement & attack speed}​
Heal {able to fix deep wounds (non-fatal), broken and dislocated bones, minor illnesses(NA w/eyes & ears)}
Inner Fire {sends a wave of light into a friendly target that mildly increases strength, speed and energy for 1 minute}​
Heal {can heal internal damage to organs (except brain & heart), mend eye and ear damage}
Smite {sends a ball of light at a target at a high rate of speed (size & impact of a bowling ball), also drains target of some energy & strength}​
Everyone has their abilities and gear, yes?

@Eternalfire61
Selgad, I changed your Herbalism to something more suited to your red robes. Also, I realize your spell list is not quite as cool as Rini's at this point. However, the 'tech tree' I have laid out for you is awesome.

SPELLCASTERS: As a rule of fatigue, add your levels. 1+2+3=6=Fatigue Level. Your spell level represents the toll. lvl1=1, lvl2=2, etc. In a single battle, for example, you may cast 6 lvl1 spells or any combo adding up to your fatigue level. Anything beyond that will render you unconscious. I may end up changing this as we go on but for right now, it will do just fine.

Uummmmmm...questions?

I worked my ass off last night and am finding this hard to proofread so, yeah. Holler if ya need something!

I'm excited! I hope all of your are as well. I know the prep for this RP is greater than most (and I appreciate your patience) but I'm absolutely positive that it will be worth it.

~WH

I looked over the links you shared as the time for the RP got closer and I just have one question which may be solved in the very first post. But since I am too lazy this morning and you are my friend;

What age is Kalaman in the RP?
Might, Despair, or Mortals?

I have begun a rough draft of the IC thread. It will be up this weekend, possibly even tomorrow.

Rini
Abilities

Punish {weighs down a target reducing movement & attack speed}​
Inner Fire {sends a wave of light into a friendly target that mildly increases strength, speed and energy for 1 minute}​
Smite {sends a ball of light at a target at a high rate of speed (size & impact of a bowling ball), also drains target of some energy & strength}​
Everyone has their abilities and gear, yes?

@Eternalfire61
Selgad, I changed your Herbalism to something more suited to your red robes. Also, I realize your spell list is not quite as cool as Rini's at this point. However, the 'tech tree' I have laid out for you is awesome.

SPELLCASTERS: As a rule of fatigue, add your levels. 1+2+3=6=Fatigue Level. Your spell level represents the toll. lvl1=1, lvl2=2, etc. In a single battle, for example, you may cast 6 lvl1 spells or any combo adding up to your fatigue level. Anything beyond that will render you unconscious. I may end up changing this as we go on but for right now, it will do just fine.

Uummmmmm...questions?

I worked my ass off last night and am finding this hard to proofread so, yeah. Holler if ya need something!

I'm excited! I hope all of your are as well. I know the prep for this RP is greater than most (and I appreciate your patience) but I'm absolutely positive that it will be worth it.

~WH
Do you want me to add this to my profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.