A Harvest Moon or Rune Factory rp

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xylime

Original poster
Edit: I have a partner! Sorry to anyone who was interested, but thanks for your consideration!

My idea is this: my future partner will create the main character. (He/she will be new to town, taking over a farm/ranch) I will create 3 to 5 lovely bachelors/bachelorettes which you can choose to marry or just interact with blah blah blah. Basically, I want to try and be a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory game, giving you marriage candidates, throwing events at you, etc etc.

However, for this idea to work, I'll have to ask some things from my future partner:

1) Because I am going to create characters specifically for your character (along with a village, villagers, and possibly a story), this rp won't start right away. I will need time to tailor a story and characters just for you! So if you were hoping for a quick rp to jump into, look elsewhere!

2) As my resume says, I try for a few posts a week. (though sometimes I get a bit lazy or uninspired). Please try to do the same, and definitely don't expect me to pop out multiple posts a day. (if that does happen, it is a miracle and a rare chance of fate...or an uneventful weekend)

3) One-liners are great for some, but I personally do not like them. Please try to have all of your posts with multiple sentences. Reactions reactions reactions! I loooooove detail and when my partners thoroughly read my posts!

4) I am open to make this Homosexual and Bisexual friendly! If you want to be a male and get with a male, I can do that! Same with females. Like both? Go for it! (however, I am a lot less experienced with homosexual relations, especially lesbian, so pleeeeaaase be understanding)

5) I am uncomfortable with sexual content, which is why this thread is in the 1x1 and not Libertine. Baby-making will not happen in this game! ...Well...it may...but the sexy times will not be written out! The most our characters can do is passionately make out. We can add a bit of detail to it, but before it gets too steamy, we will need to fade to black. (also important to note, see that hot pink star? Yeah, I'm an adult, so though I am fine rping with teens, don't get me thrown in jail!)

6) Because I will only be able to do this with one person, I have to be picky with my partner. So I would like potential partners to fill out this character sheet and PM it to me (or leave it here in the thread if you feel so inclined). I may have to reject character sheets, so please be understanding!

Game: (Do you want this based on Harvest Moon or Rune Factory?)

Name: (Just a first name)

Sexuality: (What gender tickles your fancy? Or do both? *wiggles eyebrows*)

Appearance: (Pictures and/or words, however Height, Eye color, and Hair color MUST be in words. How your character usually dresses is extremely helpful too)

Personality: (This one is important. The more you can share about your character, the better!)

History: (Can be as simple as one sentence or a plethora of paragraphs, it's up to you)

Likes/Dislikes: (obvious)

Fear/Paranoia: (Everyone has something, whether it's physical or mental. Preferably, give me something fun and/or unique!)

If you've gotten this far, thanks! If you are still interested in rping this with me, I have one final note to make! Sometimes I have internet issues (laptop won't connect to my phone's hotspot, I run out of data for the month, etc). If this happens, my good irl friend Liam van Alkema is my go-to guy to let my partners know if such a thing catches me off guard. If he sends you a pm, don't be afraid! He's just doing my dirty work for me.

If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ask! Thanks again for slogging through this text!

--------------------------------
Characters
Bachelors
[spoili]
???
Laurent_zpsa4a8a832.png

???
Gabrielsummonnight_zps26f1bd83.jpg

???
Fathereditcomplete_zps2da38f08.jpg

???
SaviorKingCharacter_zps8c5f63cd.jpg

???
elfguyfromsummonnightx_zps3c172330.jpg

[/spoili]
Bachlorettes
[spoili]
???
oldermia_zpsfcc7b885.jpg

???
Arnosummonnight_zps9e9bd169.jpg

???
Hearts_of_the_Purple_Rings_by_sash0_zps0d8ebb8b.jpg

???
TABATHA_zps2006d82b.jpg

???
PirateAlenacomplete_zps40280e0d.jpg

[/spoili]
Villagers
[spoili]
??? (Height = 5'5")
Mayor_zpsd3fb0b09.jpg

??? (Height = 5'3")
Mayorwife_zps9cbe7bfa.jpg

??? (Height = 5'9")
ShopKeep_zps65189dc0.jpg

[/spoili]
--------------------------------​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ghoulprincess
ooooh! i'm ghoul, it's nice to meet you! i have been looking forever for someone interested in a rf/hm rp!! i hope you choose me~ a few months ago i made a rf/hm character sheet that might prove to be handy-dandy for you. if you choose me i'll probably edit this sheet to use my own! i'll try to draw a pic of my character after i fill this out.

Game: Rune Factory
Name: Camellia

Job: Earthmate Farmer
Sexuality: Camellia is an asexual demiromantic! This means that she can fall in love with folks of all genders, though only if she has a deep emotional connection to them~
Appearance: 5'7", skinny, b-cup. She's pale skinned with lots of freckles everywhere. There's a deep scar across her neck that she's very sensitive about - she hides it with a choker. Camellia has heterochromia; her right eye is green, left eye is blue, and wears glasses. She has long, slightly curly orange hair that reaches to her knees. Sometimes she wears it loose, other time she wears it in twinbraids. Her wardrobe is full of comfortable and cute dresses and the occasional shirt and skirt. She is a Univir, so she has a horn on her forehead and pointed ears, as well as a distinct accent and slight lisp.

Personality: Camellia is a soft-spoken girl who is rather clumsy. Despite her docile appearance, she is quite stubborn and sensitive. If someone offends her, she goes into a quiet, passive-aggressive rage. She's very dense, especially about romantic feelings, whether it's hers or someone else's; you have to be brutally honest and straight-forward to get anything through to her. Speaking of brutal honesty, Camellia always says what's on her mind, and sometimes doesn't realize what she's said is rude or absurd. When she's close to someone, humanoid or animal, she is overly affectionate, protective, and loyal. Due to her kind nature it is easy for others to manipulate her. She's super gullible and would probably believe anything anyone tells her. She's also very bad at keeping secrets. Her alignment is Lawful Good. She's also a vegetarian!

History: An Earthmate from a Univir village far, far away. She lived with her grandmother, Rose, and often helped her out with gardening and farm-work. Rose is the one who nursed Camellia after that "accident", in which she got her scar; it is a secret though, even to Camellia before she lost her memories. Her grandmother told her that the memory was so sad she must've forgotten it, so Camellia let it go. Rose fell terribly sick one summer, so Camellia left the village in search for medicine that could cure her grandmother. It took her a whole season to find what she needed, and by the time she returned to her village, Rose had passed away. Camellia immediately denied what had happened and, due from the shock, lost her memory once again. She left the village and roamed around again, until she ended up to the current village.

Likes/Dislikes: Crystal Rose (marriage gift). Fruit Sandwich, Cheese, Relax Tea, Fairy Dust, Fairy Elixir (loves). Any non-meat dish, all edible crops (likes). Meat dishes and fish (dislikes). Any skeletal remains or parts of monsters (hates).

Fear/Paranoia: She is very scared of people seeing her neck scar. She's also afraid of the dark, all wild monsters, and bugs.

Relations: 1-10 hearts (love), 1-10 smiles (friendship). To be further edited.

Theme Song: Starlight ni Kiss Shite

Last edited by a moderator:
Your character looks great Ghoul! You are completely and utterly accepted! I will begin plotting! Muwahahaha! For the moment, I will switch this to a private plot discussion thread. If you would like to move this stuff to PM, let me know. If not, we can keep this the OOC thread and when everything is all set I can make the IC thread.

Also, that is awesome that you had that character sheet! If you'd like to add some of that into your current CS here, it would give me even more stuff to go on! (though your CS is perfectly fine as is). I actually will take you up on your offer and use your character sheet while I'm planning! (however, the character sheets I show you are going to start out being a bit empty. Once you start interacting with characters, I'll fill in stuff that you may find out through interactions and random events!)

Your character looks great Ghoul! You are completely and utterly accepted! I will begin plotting! Muwahahaha! For the moment, I will switch this to a private plot discussion thread. If you would like to move this stuff to PM, let me know. If not, we can keep this the OOC thread and when everything is all set I can make the IC thread.

Also, that is awesome that you had that character sheet! If you'd like to add some of that into your current CS here, it would give me even more stuff to go on! (though your CS is perfectly fine as is). I actually will take you up on your offer and use your character sheet while I'm planning! (however, the character sheets I show you are going to start out being a bit empty. Once you start interacting with characters, I'll fill in stuff that you may find out through interactions and random events!)
thank you very much!! it's okay to have the plot discussion on this thread, i don't mind~ (btw i just got done with camellia's lineart)
i'll add the extra info after this post. and it's okay! i understand, about the character sheets starting out a little rough.

(btw, in case you're curious, the games i've played are: rf2, rf3, rf4, rff, & hm: a new beginning. my favorite rf character is eunice from rff!! she's soooo adorable~)

from what i've gathered from rune factory/harvest moon games, the protag usually has to go on some grand quest to regain their memories! it's mostly generic, filler plot since the game is basically focused on farming and dating, hee hee. but i think i can form a plot with you that will be much better! however i might have a tough time thinking of a plot that isn't horror,,, lmao. maybe there's a problem with rune count in the village? maybe the closest village has some sorta mage who's stealing the runes and selling theme/using them or something?

Reactions: Xylime
My brain has been exploding with ideas! I will actually have 5 bachelors AND 5 Bachlorettes for you to choose from! They aren't developed yet, but once a character is done, I'll plop them into my first post. I'll make a new post to inform you, and if you bookmark the first post, you'll get alerts letting you know that I edited something.

As for games I've played, almost every Harvest Moon game in existence. (I was replaying A New Beginning this past week, which is what spurred this rp idea) I've played RF 1, RF Frontier, RF Tides of Destiny (it may have a different title in other countries), and RF 4. My favorite RF character has to be Vishnal, because it was so refreshing to see a male character with the whole "I'll do my best" mentality but be hopelessly clumsy.

Yes! Plot should be a lot better for this game, though I have yet to think of anything yet. (I wanted to get the characters figured out, then work out a plot based on them). I'll keep you posted as my thoughts come together!

(Final note...I totally forgot birthdays...so thanks for remembering such a vital part to the HM/RF franchise!)

My brain has been exploding with ideas! I will actually have 5 bachelors AND 5 Bachlorettes for you to choose from! They aren't developed yet, but once a character is done, I'll plop them into my first post. I'll make a new post to inform you, and if you bookmark the first post, you'll get alerts letting you know that I edited something.

As for games I've played, almost every Harvest Moon game in existence. (I was replaying A New Beginning this past week, which is what spurred this rp idea) I've played RF 1, RF Frontier, RF Tides of Destiny (it may have a different title in other countries), and RF 4. My favorite RF character has to be Vishnal, because it was so refreshing to see a male character with the whole "I'll do my best" mentality but be hopelessly clumsy.

Yes! Plot should be a lot better for this game, though I have yet to think of anything yet. (I wanted to get the characters figured out, then work out a plot based on them). I'll keep you posted as my thoughts come together!

(Final note...I totally forgot birthdays...so thanks for remembering such a vital part to the HM/RF franchise!)
ahh, okie dokie! i've bookmarked the first post. that's a lot of characters, i'm excited!! ^u^

yeah vishnal is a real cutie!!

alright~ i'm ready to figure the plot out when you are~ (and you're welcome hee hee)

First question! How much do you want Camellia's personal history to be involved with the plot? (Did she get her neck scar due to large plot reasons?)

First question! How much do you want Camellia's personal history to be involved with the plot? (Did she get her neck scar due to large plot reasons?)
hmmm~ i guess a bit can be involved with the plot?

Phew! Sorry for that. I have added the pictures of all the bachelors and bachlorettes (along with two villagers). I plan for a few more villagers, but I still need to figure out where and how everyone else will work into things.

As for the plot, this was my general idea so far. (there will be more as the rp proceeds) If you want to add something to it, or if there is a plot candies you'd like involved, let me know! (I don't do gore well...but I can try and add some psychological themes in, and of course there will be romance)

Starting Plot Idea:
Salaem, a quaint village nestled near the mountains of Rathgin. A melting pot of races, the mayor opens his village to any and all who wish to make an honest living. Recently, however, the Runeys have begun to slowly disappear from the area. Worried for his village, the mayor sent posters to all nearby towns and cities, asking for an Earthmate to help the village regain its former splendor.

Phew! Sorry for that. I have added the pictures of all the bachelors and bachlorettes (along with two villagers). I plan for a few more villagers, but I still need to figure out where and how everyone else will work into things.
As for the plot, this was my general idea so far. (there will be more as the rp proceeds) If you want to add something to it, or if there is a plot candies you'd like involved, let me know! (I don't do gore well...but I can try and add some psychological themes in, and of course there will be romance)
Starting Plot Idea:
Salaem, a quaint village nestled near the mountains of Rathgin. A melting pot of races, the mayor opens his village to any and all who wish to make an honest living. Recently, however, the Runeys have begun to slowly disappear from the area. Worried for his village, the mayor sent posters to all nearby towns and cities, asking for an Earthmate to help the village regain its former splendor.
ah, it's okay! i wasn't planning on rping gore in a rf/hm rp hahaha, stuff's way too cute for that. but if you want psychological themes, i'm totally down to clown.

the starting idea sounds nice, and i can't wait to rp it!! ^u^

One fiiiiinally question before we start! Did you want your character to have already contacted the mayor about her arrival? Or would you like for her to coincidentally stumble upon Salaem? (this will just determine how I start the opening post, so choose what way you want)

One fiiiiinally question before we start! Did you want your character to have already contacted the mayor about her arrival? Or would you like for her to coincidentally stumble upon Salaem? (this will just determine how I start the opening post, so choose what way you want)
i think she'll just stumble upon salaem! i'm sorry for the late reply, i've had internet troubles lately lmfao

So sorry for the delay, but it is ready! As you get to know characters, I will begin to fill out the first post in this thread, but the first IC post doesn't really give any character info... It shall come within the next few posts.

Anyway, here is the link to the IC!
Rune Factory IC Hooooo!

*Note: I will color-code character dialogue after your 1st post (I don't want to steal your color if you choose to use one)

Status
Not open for further replies.