A God's Revival

What arc would you like first?

• School Festival

• Revival of Earth's Threat

• Harnessing abilities

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

S

Stormi

Original poster
The long forgotten battle raged on for years and years, the enemies had beaten down earths last defense and most of the Gods had either been killed or gravely wounded. Among the battle ground corpses and weapons lie piled and trampled over from both sides. What remained of Earth's mighty was few and none. They held a meeting to determine what could possibly be their final outcome. They would sacrifice themselves for humanity to survive and seal away the darkness forever. In the secluded meeting room shadowed figures stood over a table of marble, the room was in pristine condition what little light seemed to illuminate from an astral map on the table. A figure stood forward hiding under a hood, the faceless form beginning to take shape into the form of hades. A stern looking man with black tendril like tattoos covering his arms and face,. Lowering his hood he spoke, "I'm sure you must wonder why the God of the underworld has summoned you here?" his deep voice echoed in the chamber. "With the help of an ally I've discovered a way to stop the beasts once and for all." he answered many of the few in here beginning to murmur amongst themselves. But before Hades could respond again his nephew chimed in "How are we supposed to believe you, what could you do that my father couldn't" Apollo yelled angrily his eyes lighting up in the dim room. "Quiet down boy" a thick scraggly voice boomed from behind hades. The anthropomorphic Jackal Anubis stepped out from behind hades. "According to Thoth's dying wisdom we've discovered how to stop them" the Jackal barked at the young god, before Apollo retreated back to his seat letting Hades speak again. "Now it involves sacrificing ourselves for the sake of our world and the people who follow us," Hades spoke once more "And how would this plan work?" the chiseled, gruff voice of Odin came from another corner of the room. "Well if it doesn't we'll all be dead anyways" Spoke Athena calmly, "Precisely, which is why I've gather which of us remain, we beat the required number of Deities required to preform said ritual by about 10." Other gods spoke to and from each other before they decided to come to their conclusion they would go through with it.

Apollo ran around the throne room clashing with what seemed shadows. they determined they were going to do the plan and each god had to get to a specific spot before the plan went off. Apollo attacked and fought off those he could before being cornered light flashing before him before . . . They were gone the beast had disappeared, "you seemed like you were in trouble what appeared to be a large squirrel standing about 2 hunched over. "Odin sent me to make sure you get to your location quick we must hurry." the squirrel spoke as they headed to the destination.

Meanwhile Hades mist like form sprung to life as he destroyed 5 of these creatures in one go, the earth had become a place of Darkness and while normally Hades would've been okay with this he was not in charge. Making sure others made it to their positions and were channeling their powers he activated the ritual, 5 other activating the other 5 pinnacle points they channeled their energy and poof. They were gone every god that had remained disappeared the earth was a wasteland, and the shadows went with them, what remained was nothing of the mythos as soon Humanity forgot the battle had ever existed. They prospered and regrew and eventually in the year 2413 the first gods had been reborn, remembering their past selves and the war they made sure that they would be ready once again.

High Schools would have a very specific aptitude test to see if they were part of a mythos, if accepted they would be brought to a college for the young gods where those already resurrected were teachers and mentors. And they taught the young deities to use and harness their powers to be saviors if the time ever came too. The school has been open and functioning for around 20 years now. Most of the few first awakened already being around the their 40's and 50's still retaining a somewhat youthful but wise look. Now it's the year 2473. Many Gods have been chosen to partake in the school, this year should be a great year.

___________________________________________________________________________________
Now I went with something fairly simple since I was trying to get the signups out, I'll write more as people get their characters out, have fun with making characters and feel free to ask if you're unsure about anything or if certain things are allowed. I'll say for now two characters max^^​
Name:
Nationality:
Weight:
Mythos: (Greek, Egyptian, etc)
Deity: (Zues, Ra, etc)
Appearance: (picture or Description or both)
Abilities: (for now just put four main abilities even if they don't know how to use them yet)
Personality:
Bio:

Hiya welcome one and many!^^ It's been quite sometime since I used to roleplay here and decided I might try to pick it back up. While it has been a long time I feel like my roleplaying and story telling has improved quite a bit. I've decided to try an old idea and recreate it into something better. Maybe include some dice rolls to leave other stuff up to chance. Anyways enough rambling from me I'll reveal my idea!

The idea itself is simple but would like to accomplish quite a bit if possible. Think a bit of Percy Jackson but mixed into an actual school setting. Instead of playing demigods or other creatures it'd be the actual gods. Reincarnated into mortalish bodies. The lore goes as follows, long ago the gods fought in a great battle to destroy a long forgotten threat to the earth and humanity. Whilst doing such people forgot about the battle and in time so did the gods' presence leaving behind their mythos and few stories with them. Aka the modern world. The story of said battle was finally uncovered many years later and with time humans started to be born with powers and abilities, these were the first of the reincarnations. Whom of which started a school to bring up the new gods who would come after them.

So there you have it, my idea plainly and simply put as I can. For now I'm just seeing the interest we have before I determine what the first story arc may be! As for any other questions people may have feel free to ask and don't hesitate. If I don't have an immediate answer then it was probably a good question I hadn't thought about. Now I have written this at 3:30 am, so if I don't respond right away I may be asleep so please do give me patience. As far as what you could potentially expect is up to your imaginations, standard school life, tournaments, clubs, fighting threats, character growth etc. As far as Gods go however go crazy. Greek? Norse? Egyptian? Slavic? Japanese? Chinese? etc. . . . all is available. You wanna be medusa? (aka not a god?) go for it. Think of the god as having some sort of My Hero Academia quirk/power, or having a super power in general. Does your character know what god they are? Possibly? No? All options are good I love character concepts that are executed well so be as creative as you wish!

Anyways signing off for now I look forward to seeing whose interested! Can't wait to roleplay with you!^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Monbon

Name: Amélie Lavoie
Birthday: 4/22
Nationality: French Canadian
Height: 5'11
Weight: 180 lbs
Mythos: Roman
Deity: Terra
Abilities: Affinity for plants (is Active but she doesn't know it just thinks she''s a great gardener), Enhanced Physical Prowess, Earth Manipulation (locked), Regeneration (locked)
Personality:

Bio:

Last edited by a moderator:
Knight.pngName: Eskil Torild
Birthday: 9/3
Sexuality: Straight
Nationality: Norweigin & Danish (Lives in Denmark)
Height: 6'8"

Weight: 250 lbs
Mythos: Norse
Deity: Thor
Abilities: Superhuman physical attributes (tapped into slightly), Lignthing control (locked), Weather Manipulation (locked)
Likes: Brawls/fights(especially HEMA), drinking, eating, working out, being outdoors, camping, socializing, straight forward solutions, adventures, and parties.
Dislikes: Sitting still for too long, over complicated plans, scheming, studying, pacifism, meals without meat, liars, tight clothing, puzzles, and people with no sense of humor.
Personality: Boisterous, friendly, hearty, fearless, steadfast, overprotective, and straightforward.
Other: While physically he is impressive... academically not so much (He only passed high school with a collection of C's and D's aside from A's in PE)
Background/History: Born in Norway while his parents were visiting his mother's family, he was given dual citizenship of Norway and Denmark. He grew up fascinated by ancient Europe's knights, vikings, crusaders, and mercenaries so he begged his parents to let him get into a school of Historical European Martial Arts. His parents, thinking it was good to see him get some exercise obliged and he quickly found his talent in regards to fighting. He soon began joining tournaments and beating them. He eventually started training in armor to participate in the Battle of Nations armored medieval tournament. He managed to qualify and participate and help bring victory to Denmark on the may events. He also participates in wrestling & MMA and is set to go to college for it and go pro.

Last edited:
Firstly, love the Smite art, secondly, if you've space available, I would love to play Ratatoskr or Scylla if that's okay.

Basic Information

Name:
Xitlali De La Vega
(Lali or Ali)

Alias:
Claire Lopez

Birthday:
February 20th

Nationality:
Mexican

Height:
5'7

Weight:
125lbs

Mythos:
Unknown (Likely Greek)

Deity:
Hekate

Appearance

Xitlali is a fair-skinned woman blessed with soft features and bright blue eyes that hold a gentle warmth in them. Her thick dark brown hair rolls down to her mid-back in waves yet her bangs lie perfectly straight and frame her heart-shaped face with short strands level above her eyebrows and longer ones down the sides.

Her body is of above-average height, slender yet lacking clear definition; typical of someone who hasn't worked a single day of their lives. She decorates it in flowing modest dresses and bright colors. Her favorite perfumes all consist of a mix of floral scents with hints of musk.

Personality & Tidbits

Personality:
Cold and reserved are the first things most note about Xitlali. She is uncomfortable around other people and tends to keep to herself in social environments. Though she is prone to becoming a bundle of anxiety, she isn't exactly shy and will speak her mind without mincing words. She has a straightforward manner of speaking and is honest to a fault about everything but what she is feeling.

Past her well-guarded walls, she is a kind and naive soul who is a bit lost in where she stands in the world. As someone treated like the pearl in her father's palm, she is insecure about her lack of knowledge and experience and will put up a tough front to hide it. Despite this, she has the curiosity of a child and loves to learn and experience new things.

‣ Singing
‣ Dancing
‣ Writing
‣ Nature

Hobbies:
‣ Cloud Watching
‣ Astronomy
‣ Vibing
‣ Videogames

Dislikes:
‣ People
‣ Pie
‣ Talking
‣ Scary Movies
‣ Spicy Food

Fears:
‣ Small Spaces
‣ Spiders

Abilities

‣Animal Telepathy (Canines)
Xitlali has the ability to understand what canines are thinking and communicate with them silently through her thoughts. She isn't quite sure this isn't a normal thing as it has always been something she has always been able to do with her pet back home and with her dog's spirit.

‣Healing
(Unaware of this)
She will be able to heal small flesh wounds in the future and soothe physical pain. In time, she may also detoxify poisons with enough practice.

‣Summoning
images
She is aware of the entity but has yet to call upon them. In the future, she will be able to call forth a White doglike creature she has a mysterious connection to. It is larger than a normal dog except it has goat hooves instead of paws and a set of horns. While it's likely she is capable of calling forth other entities, she has yet to make any further attempts.

‣Astral Projection
Xitlali has done this a few times in her sleep. She is capable of projecting her soul out of her body and into the astral plane. In this plane, she can but cannot hear or interact with the Material plane. However, she can interact with the supernatural that most are not aware of. Lost souls, demons, and other miscellaneous entities exist on this plane.

Background

Xitlali is the wealthy daughter of a man who is involved in shady business and an actress. Her mother passed away due to complications in childbirth. Hence, she never knew her. As a result, her father became extra protective of her; the memento her mother left behind. Though protective, she doesn't know him much either. He is a busy man who left her in the care of a large number of housekeepers and nannies. Though it was a lonely way of living, she was always well cared for and got anything she asked for so long as it was within reason and abided by her father's rules.

At the age of 5, she was granted her first friend, a small white dog she named Perdita. It was at this time, she learned that she could speak to dogs. While she wasn't sure why Perdita didn't speak to the adults in the house, she figured it was because they were scary. Either way, she felt it was a normal thing everyone was capable of.

Sadly, it was a short friendship but one she has always held dear. At that young an age, she clearly didn't know how to care for another being. At some point, she accidentally stepped on Perdita's tail which led to the dog biting her in retaliation. Though she tried to hide the wound, it was eventually discovered and she never saw her friend again. After getting bitten, she wasn't allowed to have pets ever again and returned to her usual lonely lifestyle at home.

By her teens, she entered a rebellious phase and began wanting to go outside and learn more about the world beyond her home. Most attempts at escaping were failures. When she did manage to leave home, she ended up scared by some noise or paranoia and returned before she could get far. It is likely this determination to escape that led to her using her second ability for the first time. One night, she managed to reach the astral plane and met "Lucio" The large white Cadejo that seemed to stick by her side whenever she reached that realm. Though there were other beings in that realm, they would not approach her with the large white canine by her side.

Naturally, she thought this was a dream but come morning, strange things would add up making it feel unreal. Objects she saw the maids move while spying on them from the realm would be placed just as she dreamt. Soon she began experimenting by placing something somewhere it didn't belong before bedtime and would repeat the process of checking whether they placed it in the same spot they left it in her dreams. Xitlali was surprised to see the experiment worked every single time.

Yet, she was also intrigued.

She took it upon herself to look around for answers online. It was through this that she learned of people with strange powers and found that there would be a test conducted at a school nearby in the near future to find more of these people. Curious and hopeful, she carefully planned her escape.

When the time finally came, she left without a word and took the aptitude test, barely passing. Though the future is uncertain, Xitlali was excited and prepared. With the hefty allowance she had never had a chance to spend, she changed her name to Claire and boarded a plane that would lead forward out of the purgatory that was her home.

Extra

Other:
‣Favorite color: Grey
‣Favorite animal: Dogs
‣Well versed in Three languages (Spanish, English, French)
‣ Weak to peer pressure, fluff, and pain

e860444ee4d73801df4d503720bbe650.png

Last edited:

sss.png

Name: Samuel Tenebres
Birthday: 10/31
Nationality: Hatian
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Mythos: Haitian Voodoo
Deity: Baron Samedi
Abilities: Enhanced Physical Capabilities (Unlocked), Black Magic (Beginner), Voodoo Medicine (Locked), and Necromancy (Locked)

Likes: Drinking, Smoking (Particularly Cigars), Partying ,Cemeteries and Graveyards
Dislikes: Prudes, Boredom, Disrespect towards the Dead, Rudeness, Violence
Personality: Exuberant and boisterous are terms that immediately come to the minds of those who know Samuel. He enjoys the finer things in life, and is always in the mood to have a good time. Samuel can be loud and crass, downright vulgar sometimes, but, he seldom does so with any hint of malevolence. He sees the good in people, preferring to focus on happy topics, though his humor can be macabre as he sees death as a more positive aspect of existence as opposed to the terrible thing most see it as.
Bio: Samuel was born in Haiti, his parents were rather impoverished by most western standards. However, they lived fairly comfortably, with him rarely going without what he wanted or needed. His more sinful interests presented themselves early in his youth, with him having gotten into trouble for the sake of fun far too often. The only studies he took seriously were the stories told to him by his grandmother, as well as the black magics that she told him about, and even taught him a bit about. Early on, he believed it to be superstition, until signs began to reveal themselves that there was a lot more to him than even he had realized.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monbon
All done I think. Lemme know if you want anything changed.

We have two healers. We can't lose.
Ngl I almost changed my God 3 times because there were so many similarities with things many gods associated with. Maybe I should have gone with Prometheus or Xōchiquetzal . 🤣

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
I decided to not join after all, have fun everyone!

Last edited:
I'll read sheets more tomorrow and see what people have

*looks around* hi hi, um just wondering if you guys were still looking for people? This seems so fun to RP.
Yes we are! @Stormi has been gone for about a week or so (IRL stuff I assume) but this should start sometime soon hopefully.

c867af4e619038ff5ed1008ee8eec498.jpg
Name: Samara Jarreau
Birthday: 06/13
Nationality: French Créole
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 155 lbs.
Mythos: Norse
Deity: Hel
Abilities: Enhanced Physical Capabilities (Unlocked) Shadow Manipulation (Beginner), Necromancy (Beginner), Decaying Magic (Locked), Life-Stealing Touch (Locked).

Likes: Reading, Scary Movies, Meditating, Yoga, Wolves, Snakes, Skulls, Drinking, Walks in Cemeteries, Practicing her magic and Studying.
Dislikes: Overly friendly hyper active people, Parties, Cats, Mornings, Deep Water.
Personality: Samara can be bitter and sarcastic, almost devoid of feelings of friendliness towards her. She inherited a devious and cunning personality from Hel, and can be an excellent manipulator when need be.When she is angry, her voice is loud and explosive.Yet her laugh when amused is best described as bone-chilling and hollow.
Bio:

Last edited:
hi yes, sorry I'm alive I do plan on doing this still so please bear with me haha! I'll be free for 6 days starting thursday so I'll get things done then!